lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: KingGurus Hoth Mod (Download Area)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-12-2004, 11:06 AM   #1
kingguru
Rookie

KingGurus Hoth Mod (Download Area)

KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000 Jedi Version (2 file patch)
Release Oct 12th,2004

**Must be US release and fully up to date on patches**
*Must download both (2) patch files for Mods to work.

KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000 (Jedi Version) hot1.lvl patch.exe

KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000 (Jedi Version) mission.lvl patch.exe

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the Star Wars Fans who do not want JEDI Players:

KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000 -=No Player Jedi=- mission.lvl patch.exe

KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000 -=No Player Jedi=- hot1.lvl patch.exe
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Release notes for v.1.000
KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000
Release Oct 12th,2004

For Star Wars BattleFront with newest patch updates.

In this release:

Pilots Alert! ALL FLIGHT CAPS REMOVED! Fly unlimited space.

More Vehicles on Hoth including Y-Wings, Tiefighters and X-Wing. Changed spawn points for vehicles. Each side will have each type of vehicle from both factions but at random times/random locations.

Play as Darth Vador. (jedi version only)

Millennium Falcon out of the Hangar. It now rests mid battlefield.

Several Objects have been moved or removed. None of these are permanent. Some crates are floating etc..

Added 4 more turrets : trying to move the action out in to the ATAT area , there is now a turret there as well. 2 Turrets added to the Rebel Hangar base.

Future updates= Sounds in other areas such as steam sounds near falcon , weapons changes and making more vehicles available, total hoth map conversion.

Issues in this release : The tiefighter in the rebel base is going to be swapped later.. right now you can get in but you'll explode and its the same with the Xwing which also takes along time to spawn.. these are being updated.

BACKUP BEFORE YOU PATCH! we are not responsible if you have to re-install you game due to not making backups of these two files.

BACKUP :

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\HOT\hot1.lvl

and

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\mission.lvl

Then apply this patch.

TO UN-INSTALL :
Delete the mod files, mission.lvl and hot1.lvl and simply use your backups versions of hot1.lvl and mission.lvl

note: this patch will likely be updated daily , this is just a fun mod to get some replay value and show a few moddable portions of the game. This patch does not alter ANY other files or maps in any way.

---end of release notes---

note: if you post these on your sites, please make sure to return to this topic post as updates will most likely occur often from the same link(s) just with new patch names.

Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 Mod Site.

-=Gametoast.com =-

Last edited by kingguru; 10-14-2004 at 10:55 PM.
kingguru is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 11:14 AM   #2
subs0nic
Rookie

Very nice, good to see something released from you.
subs0nic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 11:25 AM   #3
darthvader115
Lurker

nice can't wait to play it

signed,

darthvader115 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 11:25 AM   #4
TEXVINDICTIVE
Rookie

I know this is a dumb question, BUT where am I to downloading this from?

Vinny

Never mind.

Now go home and get your shine box!

Last edited by TEXVINDICTIVE; 10-12-2004 at 04:44 PM.
TEXVINDICTIVE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 11:35 AM   #5
naaitsab
Lurker

i can't wait
naaitsab is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 12:13 PM   #6
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
deserves its own new topic. Can't wait as well.

Oh the potential for when the tools are out...

-"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."
Alegis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 01:53 PM   #7
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Current Game: BF3
Why did you do this? You are creating the risk of ruining SWBF with Dark Jedi, Sith, and Jedi. They should never be playable. Go play JO/JA for that. I'm glad that modding has started, but STAY AWAY FROM PUTTING JEDI IN THE GAME. It ruined JO/JA, with the stupid anti-laming, restricted Force, and lightsaber only things. The game is meant to be played properly. This may bring in the honor bull****.

Sorry for the language moderators, but it is needed.

- Former Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars: Battlefront, and Star Wars: Battlefront II modder. Used to go by the name "Majin Revan."
PR-0927 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 02:24 PM   #8
kingguru
Rookie

lol

quoted :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why did you do this? You are creating the risk of ruining SWBF with Dark Jedi, Sith, and Jedi. They should never be playable. Go play JO/JA for that. I'm glad that modding has started, but STAY AWAY FROM PUTTING JEDI IN THE GAME. It ruined JO/JA, with the stupid anti-laming, restricted Force, and lightsaber only things. The game is meant to be played properly. This may bring in the honor bull****.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL, this isnt a forced download. I'm merely testing what possibilites the game engine allows us to mod, most of the changes are a great change just to have something new to play. After the umpteenth email about making a release I realized players just want to have fun seeing mods as they are created and to have some replay value. In no way is my release a Mulitplayer ready map (with jedi). You will see when you play it, this is a fun map mod, tons of vehicles, lots more action! Darth Vador is fun to play for about 8 seconds but I dont see there being an issue with this -=but you cant make them all happy=- True SW Fans simply download the non jedi version i'm making available above which will do fine for MP servers.

-=Gametoast.com =-
Old 10-12-2004, 04:13 PM   #9
kingguru
Rookie

8pm and files are up.

Please enjoy the mod, i will most likely update it daily so keep checking the beginning of this topic for newest releases. Feel free to leave ideas that are closely related to hoth map modding here.

-=Gametoast.com =-
Old 10-12-2004, 04:56 PM   #10
TEXVINDICTIVE
Rookie

Quote:
Why did you do this? You are creating the risk of ruining SWBF with Dark Jedi, Sith, and Jedi. They should never be playable. Go play blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Also blah blah blah blah
You’re in an edit forum.
I only know 3D rendering software Unreal, 3D Max. This man's posts are teaching me how to use a hex editor and hopefully I can make some mods.
Majin Revan, post stuff here to help with editing, don't waste this thread on your opinion.

Vinny

Now go home and get your shine box!
TEXVINDICTIVE is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 06:33 PM   #11
kingguru
Rookie

I wont really go any further on explaining jedi feelings. This is the editing area of the site, and I'm a modder making tools for the peeps to learn more about editing the game/ extending the gameplay. If someone doesnt want jedi dont download the jedi version.

Modding = replay value. SWBF = game.

-=Gametoast.com =-

Last edited by kingguru; 10-12-2004 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:34 PM   #12
^Invader
The Evil One

re

was going to make a news post about the non jedi version also but your links for the downloads aren't working if you can get them fixed i will put them in there

Also if you want I would submit them to lucasfiles also
^Invader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 07:39 PM   #13
kingguru
Rookie

Im updating the patches now for non jedi, the unlimited flying and xwing update was just added so im updating everything. It will all be up in an hour (1am EST) Expect a new version tommorrow for all links as well. v.1.001.

-=Gametoast.com =-
Old 10-12-2004, 07:43 PM   #14
^Invader
The Evil One

ok if you would send me a PM or post here when the new versions is up

thanks
^Invader is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 09:41 PM   #15
FF-Osilo
Lurker

So many things wrong with this thread... the balance of good on this thread does not outweight that of the bad.
Oh damn, is that my opinion... *GASP*. I have fouled the thread. BLASPHEMY!
FF-Osilo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 10:22 PM   #16
kingguru
Rookie

Files have been updated. Enjoy. The new mod update is on its way... v.1.001 Also please note the new urls are in the files directory vs that long name I was using. Sorry and please be sure to update if you direct link to it.

-=Gametoast.com =-

Last edited by kingguru; 10-12-2004 at 10:47 PM.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:29 PM   #17
subs0nic
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by FF-Osilo
So many things wrong with this thread... the balance of good on this thread does not outweight that of the bad.
Oh damn, is that my opinion... *GASP*. I have fouled the thread. BLASPHEMY!
Worthless posts such as yours are the only thing fouling this thread. Whether you like the mod or not, don't bother posting unless you have something constructive to offer.
subs0nic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-12-2004, 11:05 PM   #18
kingguru
Rookie

edit :saved this spot for a rainy day.

-=Gametoast.com =-

Last edited by kingguru; 10-13-2004 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-13-2004, 12:18 AM   #19
Visceral
Rookie

Excellent work! I do wish the ceiling were raised as well as removing the NSEW barriers, but I'm sure that will get figured out as well. Looking forward to future releases.
Visceral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2004, 02:20 AM   #20
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
Everyone listen up.

I read before kingguro said he wouldnt make admin mods whatever where you can play em.

With no tools etc yet they're all seeing what their limit is.

This is an editing forum, the game and engine is out and they're now seein where the "edges" of their pre-tool editing lay.
They like editing, you like playing.

Now you need to apply em and cant join normal games etc. This is still different from a game where mods are automaticly loaded, server side patches etc. It's still different. See it as a SP mod instead of MP. It's just to play a bit around with it like the ewoks.

I suggest you all keep quiet unless its
a) bugs/requests
b) constructive feedback.
as long as its a sp modif. like this.

What are you afraid for if the majority doesn't want playable jedi?

-"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."
Old 10-13-2004, 02:44 AM   #21
Azurik12x
Rookie

you,sir, are my HERO!

Proud Member of the Imperial Army
Azurik12x is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2004, 06:20 AM   #22
Lendog
Lurker

Ok,
So after i make a backup of the files and install the mods...Do i have to uninstall the mod to play the regular game again?

Thx for all the work..keep it up!!
Lendog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2004, 08:39 AM   #23
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
Lendog, before you apply the patch backup the original mission.lvl and hot1.lvl, just drag em and press ctrl.

If you want to play normal again, rename (F2) the mission.lvl and hot1.lvl to, for example, hot1kingguru.lvl and missionkingguru.lvl,
and rename (click, f2) the "copy of mission.lvl" etc back to their normal filename. That way you can easily switch by renaming. Or just putting in other folders, whatever you like

Old 10-13-2004, 08:56 AM   #24
kingguru
Rookie

Im making more improvements now for the non jedi version. The Xwing has only popped up once in a 20 minute game , thats no good, as well as the worthless ships in the rebel base, i may go back to the snow speeder to allow for atat srategy to come back in play. And just allow for 8 more spawn places (basically everywhere there used to be a tauntaun). Some for both sides. Glad most of you seem to enjoy the mods. Send pm if you get real lost

-=Gametoast.com =-
Old 10-13-2004, 10:40 AM   #25
Rends

I havn´t tried it out yet but i heard that it´s not working with the german version. Could this be true?

Rends
Rends is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2004, 10:51 AM   #26
kingguru
Rookie

It could be true but ive not heard anything other than your post. I dont have the german version and since the words are most likely in german in the file these mods wont work for them.

Ill update the mod to say US release if anyone can test this to see.

-=Gametoast.com =-
Old 10-13-2004, 11:31 AM   #27
Azurik12x
Rookie

the hoth that you made should have been the hoth that they made. i love your hoth a lot better . everyone needs to download this (non version) and we can play this hoth online

Proud Member of the Imperial Army
Azurik12x is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2004, 11:39 AM   #28
kingguru
Rookie

Thanks. Things can only get better as more is uncovered in the code. Im still moving things around and adding more vehicles/better spawns in more places. I also re-added the snowspeeder and more area for those to spawn. They are a nice atat strategy and since im tuning the imperial side up it will equal out nice.

Look for the next update soon...today I was messing with tatooine2 map and moved the skiff, made all players into jawa with rocket launchers and some other nice mods. It was alot of fun since everyone on the map was a jawa at one point, but there was ALOT of running since most of the jawa dont actually fire at you they are all too busy getting command posts - so running is the largest strategy , lol.

Ill be making more hoth changes now.

The Jawa arent just for healing anymore.

The were out in full force today! They sound like the little mouse in looney toons cartoons, arrive arriva. and there death sounds like a yelping cat.

jawa select area before I removed wooks...
http://www.strongholdworld.com/starwars/jawa3.gif

-=Gametoast.com =-

Last edited by kingguru; 10-13-2004 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:52 AM   #29
treemonster
Rookie

jawas aren't jsut for shooting at? damn. never knew that. oh well.

thansk for the maps, will check these out. keep upt eh great work guys
treemonster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2004, 12:20 PM   #30
Cyclone7
Rookie

Does adding to the flight ceiling affect a servers latency? Maybe this is a dumb question, but I would think adding onto the overall area of the map, especially an area that isn't occluded, would affect the multi-player performance. I LOVE the fact you can fly higher, just wanna know if it will affect network performance in any way.
Cyclone7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2004, 12:24 PM   #31
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
Ha that jawa pic is fantastic.

I don't see why everyone is whining about this mod. Vader is as slow/fast as any other infantry unit and cannot attack from range. If you get away he cant catch up.

And by doing this we can set exact damage reports on the jedi, whats best to kill em etc. Seems one slash is enough to destroy a hoth turret

Old 10-13-2004, 01:45 PM   #32
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Wink

The main problem with Jedi is their health (it doesn't go down, even when they are knocked down by explosions) so there are only a couple of "sneaky" ways to kill them. The rest should be simple enough to balance.

Mmmm.. Jawa Juice!

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2004, 02:09 PM   #33
kingguru
Rookie

replay on flying caps and jedi "strengths"

Well the non jedi and jedi release are both out and even sites who complained about jedi are offering them for download so go figure.

And in reply to Cyclone7 :

Quote:
Does adding to the flight ceiling affect a servers latency? Maybe this is a dumb question, but I would think adding onto the overall area of the map, especially an area that isn't occluded, would affect the multi-player performance. I LOVE the fact you can fly higher, just wanna know if it will affect network performance in any way.
The height isnt actually altered as of yet, it the area that you can fly out of the boundries that I have modified, to remove the "turn back or die" message, there is still a limit on how high up you can fly which im working on but that never kills anyone its just annoying.....in regards to latency and performance I tested this about 100 times in the original and modded version of hoth and it actually was exactly the same since the only thing we really altered was a boundrie , were not supplying more of a map or anything like added items for the engine to build. Slow machines may be affected by the more active vehicles but in general MP servers running this with over 512Mb ram or (1 gig for dedicated) will zoom with not a single issue.

ANd in reply to jedi powers and health, I think we will soon be able to alter the health (which is 75% for jedi but never moves) and I believe the power of the lightsaber for all factions is set to the same damage as 1 blast from the atat chin cannons from what I have seen. This will all (most likely) be modded in the near future for jedi players that want to play a jedi character that can die and must melee with a altered lightsaber , i think this will quiet down the non progressive jedi whiners.

-=Gametoast.com =-
Old 10-13-2004, 04:40 PM   #34
FF-Osilo
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by subs0nic
Worthless posts such as yours are the only thing fouling this thread. Whether you like the mod or not, don't bother posting unless you have something constructive to offer.
**** you buddy! It was a joke, you arragant pos. Don't give yourself the pleasure of thinking I signed up to flame you. I signed up when I got BF. I figured there may be a time in the future where I would need to post something. YOU ARE THE WORTHLESS!! I'm glad to see you guys figured out how base sixteen works.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:44 PM   #35
teeth_03
Rookie

I think if u give the jedi the same health as a regular tropper,that would help.So maybe u could kill them like u kill a vehicle,if it can still deflect lasers,just nade it or shoot a missle at it. A blaster cannon might do some damage to it as well.

This might be going the opposite way with this,but I think giving each jedi/sith a different force power would be kewl. Like a low power lightning blast(like the clone pilot weapon,but without the weapon,just make it come out of his hand),or give the jedi sumtin like the droideka shield. If u do this,u can just use one guy to distract a jedi while one goes around back of him for the kill.
Heres my idea for some kewl force stuff.

Well,those 2 I already said
Maybe sumtin like a force jump,like the dark trooper,without the jetpack

Maybe 2 lightsabers with no force power,or a double one(Get Maul in the Game!!!).

Ok,totally other ideas now.
Get the Falcon flyable,if possible(with 3 ppl,a pilot and 2 gunners)

Make some of the neutrals playable-Wookies(ones with other guns),Emoks,Tuskens,Gungans,Naboo Security...maybe try and get R2-D2 in the battlefield somehow,with more "offensive" capibilites.

I like to see sumtin like a troop transport,maybe have like 12 ppl in one flying vehicle to get to an enemy CP easier(also can kill 12 ppl with one or two good missles ).

Ok,u if u got Vader playable at Hoth,u gotta get Mace playable at geonosis

"In the absence of light,darkness prevails"
E-Mail and MSN-Teeth_03@hotmail.com
teeth_03 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2004, 05:08 PM   #36
FF-Osilo
Lurker

sorry

Sorry I was in a bad mood took it out on you. I apologize. Keep up the good work. If I could get some freetime I'd be editing too :-P. That's why it upsets me that people are flaming this. Once again my original post was a joke and I was really flaming the flamers. Have a good one.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:30 AM   #37
DarkReborn
Rookie

please dp it for spanish users please!!!!!

The Empire Will Crush the Patethic Band of rebels!Long Live To the Emperor!
DarkReborn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2004, 12:06 PM   #38
F4rt
Lurker

lol man this might sound noobish but how can i play as darth
F4rt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2004, 12:56 PM   #39
DarkReborn
Rookie

or put it on rar file i can,t install it so my game is spanish and that file is english/american ok???

The Empire Will Crush the Patethic Band of rebels!Long Live To the Emperor!
DarkReborn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2004, 01:43 PM   #40
kingguru
Rookie

I dont have any way of knowing what the spanish and german version of SWBF look like, if you send the spanish mission.lvl and any maps I can translate it and release a spanish version of my mods. As far as german release, if someone can translate I can release it as well. There are only a few areas to swap out from english to other languages so this wont be a big deal...

-=Gametoast.com =-

Last edited by kingguru; 10-14-2004 at 03:02 PM.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > Modding & Editing > KingGurus Hoth Mod (Download Area)