lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: PS2- Aiming for the head...
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-12-2004, 03:16 PM   #1
Mr. Fragster
Rookie

PS2- Aiming for the head...

I was just curious about people's strategies for headshotting in the PS2 version. I'm so used to Socom 2 controls that it's been somewhat difficult for me to get into a groove of getting a high Headshot % in battlefront. I kinda just barely tap the analog up once it auto aims and try my damdest to play around the autoaim ultimately. How do all of you PS2 guys get around it? Just wanted to see some strategy discussion.

I headshot about 1/3 of my kills on average in Battlefront. In socom I'm easily at 75% headshots. Anyone else having trouble with this?
Mr. Fragster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-13-2004, 06:09 PM   #2
Micahc
Rookie

turning auto aim off would be a good start
still 1/3 is pretty dang good for me!
Micahc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-14-2004, 08:47 PM   #3
zakroman
Lurker

do you use 1st or 3rd person? ...its much easier in 1st person. If you want lotsa headshots, use the storm trooper, 1st person and use the scope for most of your kills (it doesn't zoom very far so you can pan fast, and the auto aim doesn't interfere as much). The trooper's rifle is deadly accurate for the first 4-5 shots over a moderate distance and because of its rapid fire you can get up to 3 head shots per kill if your shots are on point.

I just run around with the trooper in first person then use the scope every chance that I can. My best was 67 headshots on bespin platforms with 121 kills doing this.
zakroman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > General Discussion > PS2- Aiming for the head...