lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Who thinks the Historical Campaigns could have been better?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-19-2004, 11:14 AM   #1
Flaming Dart
Rookie

Who thinks the Historical Campaigns could have been better?

I think the HC's could have been better cause I finnished them in two days (this could be because I play to much though ). If they had made them longer and less like instant action mode it would have been more interesting. Like stateing certain objectives, on HC's you can win on Endor as the Rebels and not destroy the SG, wasn't thet your objective. On Hoth's HC they could have said hold ther Imperials of for 25 minutes or somthing. On Kamino they could've done protect the cloning facility. On Mos Eisely tehy could've made the Imperials start outside the city and have to blow a wall up with a missle launcher to get in. I mean it's just not like the Rebels opened up the door and said ''Come on in, you get three Control points and we get three so it's fair. On Kasshyk Docks level they could have given the team that dosen't tart with the main island a few boats with mounted blasters to give cover fire for the troops, and made the beach longer and bigger. I would like to know if it's just me or if other people think the Historical Campaign could have been better.

PS: Could modders find a way to do some of this stuff?
Flaming Dart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-19-2004, 12:10 PM   #2
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
hmm...A pretty good idea there

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-19-2004, 05:00 PM   #3
dark jedi 8
law abiding citizen:)

yeah, they were just way to short. in general i hope new planets or a crap load of new maps are released by pandemic after awhile. BTW good thoughts.

"to be great is to be misunderstood" - Emerson
dark jedi 8 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-19-2004, 08:03 PM   #4
SM_drunkcow
Rookie

Yeah I also thought it was kinda too much like the instant action. I stopped playing the HC after I unlocked the 3 other campaign thingys where you get to choose what side you wanna be on. It was kinda pointless to complete.

SM_drunkcow

ewoks should rule the world along with tauntauns, and jawas.
Chewie for vise president

Gotsta love those fuzzies.

0wn3d

Last edited by SM_drunkcow; 10-20-2004 at 05:10 PM.
SM_drunkcow is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-19-2004, 09:40 PM   #5
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
Historical is "ok" now, but can be better. It's at least a lot better than just instant (the gungan shield etc)

I think galactic conquest wasn't worth it. If you just played HC you ain't gonna play instant action + a bonus afterwards for a long while...Turning galactic cxonquest in a sort of co-op mode would have been a lot better (and save games)

-"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."
Alegis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2004, 06:34 AM   #6
arachon
Rookie

Location: If I say cold weather blue and yellow flag, big amusment park, vikings, what do you think of
I really liked the gungan shield and I'm trying to mod the game so when playing CIS in the instant action the super battledroid will pe replaced with a normal battledroid and the republic palys as the gungans
arachon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-21-2004, 10:19 AM   #7
Skellington

Yup, I've been saying it all along. The games' mechanics are good, the balance is good, the content left a huge amount to be desired. Each campaign just covers the same maps, but with slightly different teams?! You have to be kidding me. The campaigns were short, and held no variety whatsoever in objectives or game types. Content content content...THAT'S where the game needs improvement.
Skellington is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-22-2004, 05:43 PM   #8
Flaming Dart
Rookie

The campaigns should of had it so that you could go in with an elite team on Endor and take out the shield genorator and when you killed a Imperial he would stay dead, he wouldn't respwan. The gungan shield was kinda cool, but it didn't make a huge difference in gameplay, fighting the wookies was just like IA, they were nothing special. Campaigns are a series of missions that have spesific objectives, not blow everybody away. The only differences between IA and the HCs were the HCs had the Gungan Shield, Battle droid, no dark troopers on Hoth or Endor, and Jedi here and there. It would be cool if they made an expansion pack that allowed you to pick out your team of ten or so, like I want 2 snipers, 4 assault troopers, 3 heavy weapons experts, a pilot, and a unique trooper (Jet Pack trooper, Dark trooper,Droideka, and Wookie smuggler). Or tell your commanders where to attack and where to spop with the mini map, then tak your team in and do your best to make your invasion a succes. If your a sniper you'll pick off maybe 20 guys in a match if your real good but they come back so it dosen't matter, while the assault troopers kill around 50 in a good match.
Flaming Dart is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2004, 05:02 PM   #9
Skellington

An idea might be to say each side has X number of points to spend on character classes before the start of each game, where a pilot costs Y amount of points, a heavy weapons dude costs Z, and a hovertank costs W. You spend your points however you want to get a team, but this way you don't end up with just a map full of tanks and ATATs.
As an aside, this really is a feature which should have been included to begin with; the ability to designate which classes are allowed in each game - like, say I want NO droidekas, Jet Troopers, or Dark Troopers, for example.
Skellington is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2004, 01:05 AM   #10
Tepanna
Rookie

I beated both campaigns in under 1 day But I think they should fix multiplayer before the singleplayer.

Yes, I'm a n00b. But atleast I can spell Wookiee right:P
Tepanna is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2004, 05:13 AM   #11
Zerosaber
Rookie

I think they should fix everything in Battlefront. I'm not saying anything negative about it I just think it's 'unfinished'. I think the maps should be bigger like genosis. Iwish hoth was longer and the shied generator was on the other side instead of making curve. Lke everyone else..... we need more air room and action. Air vehicles just don't have enough room to fly and the vehicles should be able to carrel roll and stuff like that. I find that vehicles are way to strong and take like half the level to destry them. (like the rebel speeder) I personnaly think all open maps (like Hoth) should be just as big as Genosis. And fix the AI on hard to be smarter (thank god for the new patch). But Like I said before the PC version had to fit the console version which can't handle as much as the PC.
Zerosaber is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2004, 05:45 AM   #12
KingDwarf307
Rookie

its to easy to complete. the first lvl was great with she gungan shield. but on hoth, geonosis and endor i think you should win when you destroy the objective. but i still think endor is a great level...

: oh chi chi... bahda
KingDwarf307 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2004, 06:25 AM   #13
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

I beat it in like 3 hours. WAY to easy. ((I was playing it on easy mode that time though...))

Luke Katarn, Colonel of the Lemmonite army.

Clan Commando, join us, and help the Republic! Visit our thread in the Republic Commando forums for more info.

Do you like RPing and have Jedi Academy? Then you should come to JARPing! (Jedi Academy Role Playing) www.freewebs.com/jarping

X-box live gamertag: LukeKatarn
My RPing site: http://voltx.proboards36.com/index.cgi
My aim SN: LukeKatarn
My e-mail: LukeKatarn@yahoo.com
LukeKatarn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2004, 07:21 AM   #14
DarthMuffin
Dark Cupcake of the Sith

What really disappointed me is the lack of "objectives".

When I was playing, like endor, it doesn't really matter if I blow up the bunker. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's easier to win if you don't bother about it. In an instant action game, it's fine. But in the *historical* campaing, the rebels are supposed to get screwed real bad if you don't blow the bunker.

Normally, you play a campaign to do something else than traditional games (instant action in BF's case). This time, however, it's not different enough (though I liked to Naboo battles at the beginning; they were actually a little different).

~Dark Cupcake of the Sith
DarthMuffin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2004, 07:37 AM   #15
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

Yeah. In the X-box demo though, blowing up the generator is like an INSTANT win.

Luke Katarn, Colonel of the Lemmonite army.

Clan Commando, join us, and help the Republic! Visit our thread in the Republic Commando forums for more info.

Do you like RPing and have Jedi Academy? Then you should come to JARPing! (Jedi Academy Role Playing) www.freewebs.com/jarping

X-box live gamertag: LukeKatarn
My RPing site: http://voltx.proboards36.com/index.cgi
My aim SN: LukeKatarn
My e-mail: LukeKatarn@yahoo.com
LukeKatarn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2004, 07:37 AM   #16
Darth Alec
Forumite

i hate endor no matter what i do i lose, i blow up (i'm playing rebels) the sheild generator asap and then just fight but i always lose, but on hoth, geonosis and naboo (fambas) i always win on single player. and everthing is stupid (bots), but the jedi are i belive smarter on HC. bots are always stupid

I am a High Admiral of the Imperial fleet.

Serving the Empire is my destiny, and only Sidious is my lord.

Two starwars parodys...

Starwars gangsta rap

Robot chicken
Darth Alec is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-31-2004, 12:53 PM   #17
Armydude71490
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Skellington
An idea might be to say each side has X number of points to spend on character classes before the start of each game, where a pilot costs Y amount of points, a heavy weapons dude costs Z, and a hovertank costs W. You spend your points however you want to get a team, but this way you don't end up with just a map full of tanks and ATATs.
As an aside, this really is a feature which should have been included to begin with; the ability to designate which classes are allowed in each game - like, say I want NO droidekas, Jet Troopers, or Dark Troopers, for example.
Kool idea A first person RTS

Xbox Live name: Armydude71490
Stormtrooper: LW-6989
Phase 3 Dark Trooper
Imperial

Imperial March
If you want to Dl right click "save target as" or similar!
Armydude71490 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > General Discussion > Who thinks the Historical Campaigns could have been better?