lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: POST Your Bugs Here! (2nd Demo)
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-30-2004, 05:53 PM   #41
JK_fan
Lurker

Excellent MOD guys, jut a few notes. The The Secret Base level, the outdoor secret where the wall lowers to reveal two storm troopers and a door, it is possible to ride the wall up, walk around the lip at the top, and become trapped behind the three pipes near a group of crates.

It is possible to fire the weapons under water. In the games this is usually not allowed if I'm not mistaken.

In After the Massacre, when I found the Dark Trooper weapon, i heard Jan and Kyle communicating, I heard an Echo of the conversation.

Everything else i noticed has been coverd by other people.

Thanks for a great SP MOD!!
JK_fan is offline   you may:
Old 10-30-2004, 08:48 PM   #42
NateSmith
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Sono
What do I know? im a supid mac user that can only handle double click applications with my one button mouse

No really, where do I type/place that line typing it in the console wont do, it says that jasp is an unkown command
Sono....gotta question for ya'

How well do you know mac os? Do you know it well enough to create batch files for it?

The only reason I ask is that I created a batch file on my PC and tried it out and it is possible that you could create a simple batch file that will allow you to run the mod as if it was the shortcut itself.

I am still seeing if it possible to create a batch file in the mac os itself but I thought I would run that by you and see what you think

Any more info such as Mac os version you have would be helpful if would either PM or reply to the post so that I could do some research on this perticular problem that you are having and try to help ya out more if I can.
NateSmith is offline   you may:
Old 10-31-2004, 12:11 AM   #43
Fracman

Quote:
Originally posted by Sono
What do I know? im a supid mac user that can only handle double click applications with my one button mouse

No really, where do I type/place that line typing it in the console wont do, it says that jasp is an unkown command
There is no stupid user, only stupid commands and unprecise help

You have to find the shortcut or icon that starts JA. Is there one on your desktop?
Then duplicate this shortcut and edit its properties, the parameters to JASP.
Unfortunately i don't know anything at all about the Mac OS, so i can't even tell you what to look for.

Dark Forces MOD for Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
http://darkforces.jediknight.net

DFMOD Demo for JA released !!!
Fracman is offline   you may:
Old 10-31-2004, 02:18 AM   #44
LightNinja
The Ninjonator

Quote:
Originally posted by Fracman
Where did you install it?
And which kind of pk3 did you have before? Would be interesting to know some side effects...
Anyway we recommend a fresh & clean JA install
i had forcemod&MBII&OJP pk3s and a bunch of skins&models

~JA MP Total Conversion~
LightNinja is offline   you may:
Old 10-31-2004, 03:59 AM   #45
redsaurus
Rookie

Quote:
There is no stupid user, only stupid commands and unprecise help

You have to find the shortcut or icon that starts JA. Is there one on your desktop?
Then duplicate this shortcut and edit its properties, the parameters to JASP.
Unfortunately i don't know anything at all about the Mac OS, so i can't even tell you what to look for.
I'm a mac user who's got the Dark forces mod demo to work. Hold down shift while double clicking the Jedi Academy application or single clicking the application in the dock. Type the "+set fs_game foldername" in the thing that comes up and hit ok.

[foldername is the name of the darkforces folder in Application Support/Jedi Academy]

(Very good job on the demo )
redsaurus is offline   you may:
Old 10-31-2004, 04:49 AM   #46
rolyat

Hello
That's a very nice demo, really. Remember me my young time!
OK that's all for the complimentary... No just kidding, but I rather like to give feedback about bugs I found.
I didn't finish the demo, blocked in ANOAT, I have to remember what to do.

But, especially in Talay - after the massacre, the ghost of the stormtroopers are continueing speaking when they make one with the Force.

My configuration: XP2500+, 1GB Ram, GF4200, SBLive! 1024 or 5.1 don't remember, and EAX enabled.
So when I kill talking stormtrooper, they continue to speak.
On the other hand :
- I will agree with the others concerning the dianoga: it should be more stealthy, if it is possible: it is too easy to shoot at from far away.
- The enemies are dumb or I am very good (no, I don't think ): on a pair of stormies shoot one, the other didn't even react or 3 hours later... OK, this point is Artificial Intelligence and is the hell to set properly if possible.

Now the worst: really good work guys! Especially when we know that you are less than 10 persons working on it, and for free! Hope I can help one day...
rolyat is offline   you may:
Old 10-31-2004, 05:47 AM   #47
Sono
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by redsaurus
I'm a mac user who's got the Dark forces mod demo to work. Hold down shift while double clicking the Jedi Academy application or single clicking the application in the dock. Type the "+set fs_game foldername" in the thing that comes up and hit ok.

[foldername is the name of the darkforces folder in Application Support/Jedi Academy]

It works!
Terrific!

Mod team: add that in your readme file

We must live, or else we die
Sono is offline   you may:
Old 10-31-2004, 06:55 AM   #48
Fracman

Quote:
Originally posted by redsaurus

Redsaurus, many thanks for this valuable information

Old 10-31-2004, 02:39 PM   #49
Disco Boy
Lurker

I ran the install program let it go to the default directory and used the shortcut but I just ge regular JA when I start up. I tried playing but I just went to yavin. I've tried fiddling with command lines moving files and loading in the mod in gam but nothing works. Umm...Help?
Disco Boy is offline   you may:
Old 10-31-2004, 09:00 PM   #50
Shamus
Rookie

I dunno if if this is a bug or not, but I thought I'd throw this out there. In the sewers when you go into chute #1 (counted from left to right as you come into the room with the four switches) and go into the control room and press the switch that looks over the large room you need to cross, the room always fills up--no matter what the state of the other switches are in the other control rooms in the other chutes.

The other thing is even if you've flipped all the switches in the other rooms and then flip the one in chute #1 and see it fill the room, once you exit that area and go into chute #2 to the large room it's no longer flooded.

Maybe I'm missing something, but this seems like a scripting error to me. Also, the switches in the other rooms (other than the one in chute #1) don't let you turn them off once you activate them. Doesn't seem like much of a puzzle to me--but I could be missing something obvious.
Shamus is offline   you may:
Old 11-01-2004, 12:02 PM   #51
Fracman

Quote:
Originally posted by Disco Boy
I ran the install program let it go to the default directory and used the shortcut but I just ge regular JA when I start up. I tried playing but I just went to yavin. I've tried fiddling with command lines moving files and loading in the mod in gam but nothing works. Umm...Help?
Are you sure you had enough disk space available on your disk when installing the demo?
Please check if the dfmod_demo_ja.pk3 is in the dark directory.
Are you sure you used the shortcut with DFMOD icon to start the game.
Sorry, silly question, but i have to ask it
Then please check the DFMOD shortcut properties, if it passes "+set fs_game dark" to the exectuable.
Last thing: do you get console errors?

Old 11-01-2004, 04:26 PM   #52
Darth_Linux

Quote:
Originally posted by Shamus
I dunno if if this is a bug or not, but I thought I'd throw this out there. In the sewers when you go into chute #1 (counted from left to right as you come into the room with the four switches) and go into the control room and press the switch that looks over the large room you need to cross, the room always fills up--no matter what the state of the other switches are in the other control rooms in the other chutes.

The other thing is even if you've flipped all the switches in the other rooms and then flip the one in chute #1 and see it fill the room, once you exit that area and go into chute #2 to the large room it's no longer flooded.

Maybe I'm missing something, but this seems like a scripting error to me. Also, the switches in the other rooms (other than the one in chute #1) don't let you turn them off once you activate them. Doesn't seem like much of a puzzle to me--but I could be missing something obvious.
this is exactly how the room is supposed to operate - you are missing the point of the puzzle . . .

Producer - The Dark Forces MOD for Jedi Academy
http://darkforces.jediknight.net/
Darth_Linux is offline   you may:
Old 11-04-2004, 11:33 AM   #53
Disco Boy
Lurker

Quote:
Are you sure you had enough disk space available on your disk when installing the demo?
Please check if the dfmod_demo_ja.pk3 is in the dark directory.
Are you sure you used the shortcut with DFMOD icon to start the game.
Sorry, silly question, but i have to ask it
Then please check the DFMOD shortcut properties, if it passes "+set fs_game dark" to the exectuable.
Last thing: do you get console errors?
Idon't have any console errors, I know that I had several gigs on the drive, the file is there, The shortcut is in my Start Menu and says Dark Forces Mod Demo with an icon of an ST similar to the old DF cover and has the right excecutable. I'll try to check console tonight or tommorow at the latest

Last edited by Disco Boy; 11-05-2004 at 12:30 PM.
Old 11-06-2004, 06:16 AM   #54
StarWarsGooN

Y What No Mouse Bots?

So far I thought this has been a most execellent DF Conversion if I ever saw one! But if I remember correctly from the original Dark Forces Game, there were MOUSE BOTS roaming around in specific areas of the Secret Base level and in other levels of the game, which were absent in this 2nd demo. Will the mouse bots be in the next time around?
StarWarsGooN is offline   you may:
Old 11-06-2004, 06:56 AM   #55
Fracman

There were some mouse bots, perhaps our mapper has removed them because of a funny thing... Kyle was hopping on them, and some mouse bots fell down in the lift shafts

Old 11-06-2004, 10:18 AM   #56
ImmolatedYoda

Yeah, I was wondering about that...I never saw any MSE's in the Secret Base, so I guess he took them out .

Okay, for brevity's sake:

Personal Computers > Consoles.
ImmolatedYoda is offline   you may:
Old 11-07-2004, 09:10 AM   #57
Disco Boy
Lurker

So does anyone have any idea about fixing my problem?
Old 11-07-2004, 09:35 AM   #58
Fracman

Disco Boy, if you would please mind to tell us exactly what you did and what is not working, we might be able to help you.

Did you extract the whole zip?
Did you use the setup.exe?
Was the installation successful?

Then check if inside your JA installation directory there is a dark directory,
and if this dark directory contains a large PK3 and different small files.

Do you have a desktop icon for the DFMOD?
What happens if you double klick it?
Please write me its properties in a PM if you like.

If you don't give us "proper" error or behavior description, we cannot solve the problem

Old 11-07-2004, 10:11 AM   #59
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
The characters' mouths do not move when they are speaking. I really think that the cutscenes with the characters should be in-game cutscenes rather than part of the FMVs. Only the space scenes should be FMVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a silly noob View Post
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Zerimar Nyliram is offline   you may:
Old 11-07-2004, 10:50 AM   #60
ImmolatedYoda

Quote:
Originally posted by Zerimar Nyliram
The characters' mouths do not move when they are speaking. I really think that the cutscenes with the characters should be in-game cutscenes rather than part of the FMVs. Only the space scenes should be FMVs.
This has been discussed already: to do the cutscenes in-game would require a ton of scripting, which would have to be provided by someone who is, as of yet, not on the team; i.e. they currently have no one to script in-game cutscenes. And the mouths not moving was listed in the readme as a known issue.

Old 11-07-2004, 11:01 AM   #61
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Forgive me.

Quote:
YOURS VERY SLOW ! PLS NEW PROGRESSS PLS NEW UPDATES PLS DARK FORCES FİNAL VERSİON İ CAN WAİTİNG KOTF PART 1 RELEASED 5 YEAR AND İTS 1 MAN ( OSMAN GUNYAZ DEVELOPERS ) BUT YOURS VERY PEOPLE İ CANT WAİTİNG 5 YEARS
Old 11-07-2004, 03:08 PM   #62
Locutus_of_Borg
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by ImmolatedYoda
This has been discussed already: to do the cutscenes in-game would require a ton of scripting, which would have to be provided by someone who is, as of yet, not on the team; i.e. they currently have no one to script in-game cutscenes. And the mouths not moving was listed in the readme as a known issue.
If the issue is that they need a good scripter, them may I suggest this guy:
lassev (Lasse Vääriskoski), lassev@Bigfoot.com
His mod 'Syndicate: Initiation' for Jedi Academy had some really nice scripted cutscenes in it with voice acting (with mouth movements) and particle effects (which would be useful for the Mon Mothma and Kyle conversation) etc. In the event he didn't actually script the cutscenes you could ask him who he got to do them for him.
Locutus_of_Borg is offline   you may:
Old 11-07-2004, 03:18 PM   #63
ewok mercenary

Yeah, Lasse does script everything himself, and I daresay he's the best scripter I know. Still, getting mouth movements in a scripted cutscene is as simple as anything, it simply requires you to put the sound effect on a voice channel if I remember correctly (last time I wrote a cutscene script was months ago :P).

ewok mercenary is offline   you may:
Old 11-07-2004, 05:50 PM   #64
ImmolatedYoda

Quote:
Forgive me.
Done. And that's a really good suggestion, Locutus_of_Borg, let's see what the team says about it . Maybe this guy has fond memories of ye olde DF, and would really enjoy scripting the cutscenes. Well, we can hope, can't we?

Old 11-08-2004, 10:26 AM   #65
Fracman

Quote:
Originally posted by ewok mercenary
Still, getting mouth movements in a scripted cutscene is as simple as anything, it simply requires you to put the sound effect on a voice channel if I remember correctly (last time I wrote a cutscene script was months ago :P).
We are not as incapable as you might think. Just because we don't have a profi scripter does not mean we can't write any scripts...

And you did not really read what we wrote already even in the readme.

One more time for you:

The mouth movements are working fine!
The only problem is : as soon as EAX is switched on,
the mouth movement is so small, nearly not visible at all.
Switching off EAX brings mouth movement back.
It might be a problem caused by not having correct EAL files,
by inadequate drivers, or by other unknown cause.
Thats why we preferred to currently disable EAX to give you best experience.

The rendered cutscenes are totally different. The creator has his own reasons for it.
There might be different ways of doing these, but you have to live with it for now.

Old 11-08-2004, 10:49 AM   #66
ewok mercenary

Oh I don't consider you incapable at all, in fact I consider the DFMOD team to be one of the most talented around.

I was merely pointing out to Locutus that mouth movements in a cutscene doesn't exactly require hugely talented scripters.

Besides, the ingame cutscenes worked fine for me, although I myself think it would be an improvement if the part of the rendered cutscene with Mon Mothma and Kyle was done ingame, but that's just my opinion.

ewok mercenary is offline   you may:
Old 11-08-2004, 11:05 AM   #67
Disco Boy
Lurker

Quote:
Disco Boy, if you would please mind to tell us exactly what you did and what is not working, we might be able to help you.

Did you extract the whole zip?
Did you use the setup.exe?
Was the installation successful?

Then check if inside your JA installation directory there is a dark directory,
and if this dark directory contains a large PK3 and different small files.

Do you have a desktop icon for the DFMOD?
What happens if you double klick it?
Please write me its properties in a PM if you like.

If you don't give us "proper" error or behavior description, we cannot solve the problem

I think I went over most of this already but the unzipping and setup were both succsesful. The files are all present. As I said before the shortcut I'm using is in my Start Menu. There is no actual error like I said it just runs as normal Jedi Academy with all the menus and intros and when I play I go to the regular starting yavin mission.

For properties under general the only thing of note is that the archive box is checked under attributes which shouldn't affect anything.

Next under shortcut

"D:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\GameData\jasp.exe" +set fs_game dark

Is the target which is the default and what everyone says it should be

"D:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\Gamedata"

is the "start in" directory and nothing is checked in compatability. I have JA version 1.0.1.0 and whatever the current version of XP is.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:37 AM   #68
JeneralJarJar

Here's my bugs that I haven't seen addressed:

SECBASE: When you get on the roof and don't press USE to end the mission, the Crow animation will sloooowly tip over on its side. IMAGE

TALAY: I get the message (Cached weather file "maps/talay.weather out of date, regenerating...) when the level starts. This goes away after a couple of seconds.

This door clips through the wall: IMAGE

Other than a few texturing problems (I think I saw some crates in SEWERS where the textures are backwards), everything else looks pretty good.

Great MOD guys!
JeneralJarJar is offline   you may:
Old 11-09-2004, 10:24 AM   #69
Fracman

Quote:
Originally posted by ewok mercenary
Oh I don't consider you incapable at all, in fact I consider the DFMOD team to be one of the most talented around.
Heh, thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by ewok mercenary Besides, the ingame cutscenes worked fine for me, although I myself think it would be an improvement if the part of the rendered cutscene with Mon Mothma and Kyle was done ingame, but that's just my opinion.
We also had a discussion about it team internally.
Modifying this would mean to render and cut the whole cutscene again...
but there was not enough time for this.
Else we would have to delay the demo or don't have any cutscene at all...

Old 11-09-2004, 10:39 AM   #70
Fracman

Quote:
I think I went over most of this already but the unzipping and setup were both succsesful.
Ok. What you wrote is fine, also the shortcuts.

Can you please tell me if the DFMOD files are correctly located in [...]gamedata\dark ?

If your answer to this is yes,
i have no other idea than this:
You might have some non-JA PK3 in your base directory.
As *.PK3, only the assets*.pk3 should be there.

I don't have XP on my machine, perhaps someone else can help here?

Old 11-09-2004, 10:45 AM   #71
Fracman

Quote:
Originally posted by JeneralJarJar
SECBASE: When you get on the roof and don't press USE to end the mission, the Crow animation will sloooowly tip over on its side. IMAGE
Ouch. I had seen the skewed Crow before already, but not like that... must be some scripting error
The player is not supposed to stay longer there anyway

Quote:
TALAY: I get the message (Cached weather file "maps/talay.weather out of date, regenerating...) when the level starts. This goes away after a couple of seconds.
This is not a bug, but a "feature" of the weather control system.
There is actually no known solution to this.

Quote:
Good seen. This will be fixed by the mapper.

Old 11-09-2004, 11:16 AM   #72
Disco Boy
Lurker

Its in the right place and the only PK3 files are the assets
Old 11-09-2004, 03:47 PM   #73
Salv

Quote:
Here's my bugs that I haven't seen addressed:

Other than a few texturing problems (I think I saw some crates in SEWERS where the textures are backwards), everything else looks pretty good.

Great MOD guys!
Fixed, thanks!

Dark Forces Mod
The Dark Side of the Force just Got Darker
http://darkforces.jediknight.net/
Models. Level design.
Salv is offline   you may:
Old 11-10-2004, 11:28 AM   #74
chr1s86
Lurker

first of, great mod you got here, didnt get to play game first time around so looking forward to full release, anyway after first map i was hearing two sets of voices, one was briefing of next map and other was what sounded like vader talking to the emperor, was this meant to happen? if so i couldnt really make out what either was saying much kill vaders convo ended and only briefing remained. also in 2nd map the light textures on lamps sometimes left floating rings in air and water, sure thats been said before also one little suggestion with the blaster rifle is it possible to reduce the flare of the shots? as it takes up a fair bit of screen and can put me of slightly, or have abbility to turn it off in options. as for 3rd map cant find anything wrong as iam stuck atm if find anything ill post it though. keep up good work
chr1s86 is offline   you may:
Old 11-10-2004, 12:14 PM   #75
Fracman

Quote:
Its in the right place and the only PK3 files are the assets
Bah. sorry

Now could you please open the console (using ~ key) and scroll to the top (with PGUP) and tell which "searchpaths" JA found?
Or simply enter
condump dump.log
and send me the dump.log ?

Old 11-10-2004, 01:01 PM   #76
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Oh, another thing. (Don't really know if it's a "bug." It's more of a suggestion for the final MOD.) The Give All and Give Weapons cheats give you the JA weapons. (Or at least it give you the lightsaber rather than the fists.) It'd be great if you could somehow fix that. I'm guessing that it'd probably be hard to do, hey, that's my suggestion.

Quote:
Old 11-11-2004, 12:43 PM   #77
Fracman

Quote:
The Give All and Give Weapons cheats give you the JA weapons.
CHEATER

We had an even better idea: implement the cheat codes of DF (if appliable).
But again we must be able to code the engine... until then, no special stuff possible

Old 11-11-2004, 01:02 PM   #78
Zerimar Nyliram

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
CHEATER
Yes. And damn proud of it, too!

Quote:
Old 11-11-2004, 01:27 PM   #79
Fracman

Quote:
Yes. And damn proud of it, too!
*pffffff* the only who can be proud here are we all from the Dark Forces mod team

Anyway we deny any responsibilty in case of damage to ennemies, maps, player and non player characters when using cheats

Old 11-13-2004, 03:17 PM   #80
Waka3
Lurker

Exclamation

Sorta have a big problem with this mod...

I installed the mod, the "Dark" folder is in the right place (Gamedata folder) and I ran the mod using the desktop shortcut. Nothing was different at all, and when I started a new game, it simply brought me to the character creation and the first level in Yavin for JA.

JA is patched, there is nothing in the base or gamedata folder that may interfere (egther mods) but nothing happens at all.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Waka3 is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Hosted Forums > Dark Forces Mod > POST Your Bugs Here! (2nd Demo)