lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: The Day of The Dead
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-01-2004, 04:43 PM   #1
El Virus

Location: On a route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing
The Day of The Dead

Finally, after a long time waiting, the day of the dead has arrived.
I'm not so sure why I have posted this, there's nothing very important to say here, but the whole game is based on this day, so I guess it is.
It's strange, I was pretty sure someone would have already post this.
El Virus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2004, 06:04 PM   #2
Sally J Limones
Rookie

Actually, tomorrow is Day of the Dead proper... meh. HAPPY DAY OF THE DEAD ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!!!
*hums Grim theme and imagines dancing calaveras*
~Sal

Manny:"Well, when it comes to shreds, Dom is the expert."
Hector:"And by the same logic Manny, you're about to become an expert in botany."
Sally J Limones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2004, 06:05 PM   #3
JofaGuht

The reason why no one has posted it is because Day of the Dead ain't till tomorrow. Many people teach that the first of November is Day of the Dead, but they get confused. It's an often confused date. Today is Todo Santos. Tomorrow (the 2nd) is Dia de la Muertos.

Don't worry about it, man. I used to to think it was the first too. But this post, I guess, has considered timeliness.

I think I, for some reason, will keep on rambling because I just woke up and I'm thinking about the basics of journalism. Don't ask me why.

Anyway, tomorrow, we shall have a discussion of our dead relatives and pets, celebrating their lives.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2004, 12:21 PM   #4
El Virus

Location: On a route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing
I DO know when the day of the dead is, but I posted this yesterday (Nov 1, is the day of the saints) was that, I arrive home at 5 of the afternoon, so I wanted to be the first on to post it, as well as I posted it at 01:43 AM at the time of this forum, (so don't treat me like an idiot, because I'm not).
Still, happy day of the dead.
El Virus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2004, 04:01 PM   #5
JofaGuht

See? Timeliness. Essential of journalism.

Anyway, I devote today, not to my grandparants, but to a psychotic feline named Seven. It is wreaking havoc in the hunt of the dead as we speak.

There's no earthly way of knowing which direction we are going. There's no knowing where we're rowing or which way the river's flowing. Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing. Are the fires of hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes, the danger must be growing 'cause the rowers keep on rowing, and they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing. AAAGGHHH!!!
JofaGuht is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2004, 12:23 PM   #6
Necroman
Rookie

Happy day of the dead(REALLY SORRY FOR THE DELAY!)
I think I allready told you guys what happend on the Day of the dead...PARTY!
I realy don't know what I supossed to do o the day of the dead but, I would like to dedicate it to my grandmother (from the father side), she passed away just 4 days before the party.
And I would also like to dedicate it to Sharon Tate (Roman Polanski's pregnant wife).

Necroman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > General Forums > The Calavera Café > The Day of The Dead