lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Adding the MTT, Shuttle etc. to maps
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-02-2004, 03:45 AM   #1
Drawde1
Lurker

Question Adding the MTT, Shuttle etc. to maps

I've been using the excellent BViewer utility to view the SWBF vehicle textures, and have
found the ones for the "missing vehicles" - Imperial Shuttle (imp_fly_trooptrans), Rebel Hovernaut and Attack Speeder, and Droid MTT.
From looking through the .lvl files with a hex-editor, it seems that the 3D models for these vehicles
are there too.

So has anyone had any success adding these to maps? I tried a while ago (with the MTT, on Naboo) but though it appeared
on the spawn point vehicle list (on the spawn menu screen), the actual vehicle did not appear.

Unfortunately, there do NOT appear to be any Imperial Officer or Rebel Spy textures (at least, I didn't see any)
Drawde1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2004, 04:19 AM   #2
arachon
Rookie

Location: If I say cold weather blue and yellow flag, big amusment park, vikings, what do you think of
if there are no textures for the imp officer maybe you could give him the imperial pilots textures (the one in endor,yavin,mos eisly) when he looks like an AT-ST pilot
arachon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2004, 06:58 PM   #3
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

The Imperial Officer's model (I'm pretty sure, but not positive) and skin (I'm positive) are still in the files.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2004, 09:45 PM   #4
Destroyder121

I would love to see the MTT in some maps(geonosis, plains..)
Destroyder121 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2004, 11:21 AM   #5
Cpt. Bannon

i've tried the hovernaut and the kwing, and the kwing crashes the game (but its in there, do a search for it in all.lvl), and the hovernaut wont show up, but it's name will...maybe they took out the vehicle characteristics file or something to disable it.

Cpt. Bannon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2004, 06:46 PM   #6
psych0fred
Rookie

Mission.lvl

Mission.lvl holds the mission settings for each level. If you want to add a vehicle that doesn't exist you have to add it in two places in that file, one is for the count, the other is to tell the level the assets are required. For example there is a line that says readdatafile all.lvl and then lines after that telling what needs to be loaded from that lvl. SO if the hovernaut is part of the all.lvl then it needs to be loaded from that lvl for each mission in the mission.lvl. HOWEVER, there are also memory pools that need to be allocated for vehicles in the mission.lvl (setmemorypoolsize) and if the vehicle is part of a class that has no memory pools set up, a ine has to be added to accomodate that class. The same goes for Aimers, mounted turrets, etc. When you add a vehicle with lots of guns, not only do you have to add it to the vehicle count for that class (flyer, hover, etc) you also have to compensate for it's weapons and aimers by upping the aimer count, etc.
psych0fred is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-04-2004, 07:18 AM   #7
Cpt. Bannon

Lightbulb

AHA! I havent changed the aimer memory pool sizs, so even though its got enough memory for the hover, it wont load because their isnt enough mem set aside for aimers...

Old 11-04-2004, 04:37 PM   #8
Cpt. Bannon

i've just started working on adding lost vehicles, starting with the landspeeder (which can hold two, and has no weapons). here's a couple of pics:

a pair of landspeeders

now, to add this speeder to any level, you need to load it from the all.lvl file as tat_hover_landspeeder. have fun and watch for more lost vehicles...

Old 11-05-2004, 05:53 AM   #9
LightNinja
The Ninjonator

nice i didnt know there was lost vehicles

~JA MP Total Conversion~
LightNinja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2004, 01:55 AM   #10
Rends

Here is a screenshot of the imperial troop transport:

Thanks to Dragonum who unhide this vehicle!
You need to scroll down to Dragonums 4th posting in the thread and click on the attached "imp_fly_trooptrans_RGB16.jpg " link

Rends
Rends is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2004, 02:56 AM   #11
Alegis
In hiding

LFN Staff Member 
Always posting pics here with source and everything but not doing the same when copying from here to there eh gj though, hopefully of any use later when theres mod support

-"The glass is neither half-full nor half-empty: it's twice as big as it needs to be."
Alegis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2004, 04:39 AM   #12
Rends

Quote:
Originally posted by Alegis
Always posting pics here with source and everything but not doing the same when copying from here to there eh gj though, hopefully of any use later when theres mod support
Rgr that, ive linked the posting at battlefront.de to this topic here.

Rends
Rends is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2004, 08:13 AM   #13
LightNinja
The Ninjonator

mmmh, also i dont see the textures much worked, maybe is because they werent going to add them or it's cuz im crazy

~JA MP Total Conversion~
LightNinja is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2004, 09:38 AM   #14
Cpt. Bannon

thanks soo much for that image, it gave me exactly what i needed...

i havent flown it yet, i just got a couple screens, so i'll tell you more about it's characteristics later (its imp_fly_trooptrans in imp.lvl)

Old 11-06-2004, 02:08 PM   #15
kingguru
Rookie

Looks fun , nice work

Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2 Mod Site.

-=Gametoast.com =-
kingguru is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2004, 06:41 AM   #16
Drawde1
Lurker

Looks interesting.. I saw the tat_hover_landspeeder file but I assumed that this was the "Skiff" vehicle
which was already on the map. Though, with no weapons, it wouldn't be much use except for getting around
quickly (and the speeder bike's better for that)

I also saw "Attack Speeder" textures in the file; is this the same as the standard Combat Speeder, or is it a
different vehicle? I seem to remember an Attack Speeder being mentioned as one of the vehicles which was "cut".

Finally - is there any possibility of a mission.lvl editing program being created, for those of us who don't speak
hexadecimal as a second language ?
Drawde1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2004, 06:51 AM   #17
Cpt. Bannon

well, I dont think that a program to edit the mission.lvl file is all that high on the list of things to do, when that list includes extracting the models and sounds from the game. the model extraction is almost done, btw.

besides, there's nothing wrong with knowing hex so well you can write essays in it...is there?

Old 11-09-2004, 01:37 PM   #18
lord_xander
Rookie

nice work guys, if u wanna submit ur work here, i can then post them on swbffiles.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. Now get out of here!"

"Who's the more foolish: the fool or the fool who follows him?"

lord_xander is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > Modding & Editing > Adding the MTT, Shuttle etc. to maps