lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Stormtrooper Mod
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-11-2005, 01:55 PM   #121
IAMKINGCLONE
Rookie

Maybe you could be special forces like from battleground Tatooine. And you could have 'Wings' stealing a spaceship to escape on one level.
IAMKINGCLONE is offline   you may:
Old 03-11-2005, 04:36 PM   #122
lonepadawan

Quote:
denotation of the commandos in RC took some creative license. nothing there is what you'll find in the star wars databank (yet
Yes.. but George Lucas suggested it... so *shrugs*

"Your life does flash before your eyes before you die..... the process is called LIVING"
lonepadawan is offline   you may:
Old 03-13-2005, 12:46 AM   #123
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally posted by lonepadawan
Yes.. but George Lucas suggested it... so *shrugs*
Proof?

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may:
Old 03-13-2005, 12:48 AM   #124
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally posted by InsaneSith
Proof?
In the RC concept art video it says that late in the development, George Lucas suggested that each commando wear color-coded armor to emphasize their personality.
TK-8252 is offline   you may:
Old 03-13-2005, 01:01 AM   #125
El Sitherino
The Original.

Ah, gotcha.

Old 03-13-2005, 06:11 AM   #126
Nokill
Veteran

well isn't it so that clones do have colors to seperate there ranks

the clone commando's have bigger armor and more addon's on there suit
and its more then good that thay have color's
or else a sniper will look yust the same as a heavy gunner and the commander
its a handy addition

and its true george suggested it and it whas a nice suggestion

Site: Clicky
Nokill is offline   you may:
Old 03-13-2005, 09:59 AM   #127
TK-425
Forumite

Well were deffinatly not going to paint the stormtrooper armor. I like TK's idea on how to tell the squad appart. So far I have decided to let there be nicknames for the troopers. For the leader (you) I like TK's idea, "Sarge" but I'm not sure about the other ones. I want them to be really good nicknames. Also, "Saber" company, I'm ok with but it sounds to Jedi'ish to me. But i'm ok with it being I cant think of anything better. Btw, bare with me as I dont have SWRC yet. I need a new computer to play it wich is in the works. And TK, what do you suggest the weapons to be changed to besides the BlasTech E-11 and the (BlasTech?) DC-15 Blaster Pistol? And do you guys think there sould be more than just 4 squad members?

TK-425 is offline   you may:
Old 03-13-2005, 12:49 PM   #128
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

The pistol shouldn't be the DC-15s Side Arm Blaster; it should be the pistol in my signature. I'm not sure but I think it's an SE-14r Blaster Pistol.

There would be all new weapons, but they wouldn't need to be named until missions with new NPC's are made with modding tools. Most weapons I imagine wouldn't be able to be picked up by the player, because they're the same as the player's weapons. For example, a Rebel Fleet Trooper's DH-17 Blaster Pistol would be the same as your SE-14r Blaster Pistol. But you could pick up weapons like say, a Rebel Hoth Soldier's heavy blaster cannon which could deal the same firepower as say, a Super Battle Droid's blaster.

I don't think there should be more than 4 squad members, because the enemies are gonna be pretty easy to kill. There's Rebels troops, Tusken Raiders, Jawas, Ewoks, and maybe some of Jabba's gangsters on Tatooine. The enemies are pretty weak, and with an extra squadmate it'd be way too easy.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:15 PM   #129
TK-425
Forumite

Quote:
Originally posted by TK-8252
Then the DC-15 pistol would be that pistol in my sig. SWBF calls it an SE-14r Pistol. A very simple scope could be used for its zoom.

Old 03-14-2005, 07:59 PM   #130
TK-425
Forumite

TK, is there a cirtain process I have to follow to Code the Troopers? As in do I have to make them all have the same first to letters? What do I have to do to come up with the numbers? Just pull it all out of the air?

Old 03-14-2005, 09:41 PM   #131
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

It just has to be TK-### or TK-####. I don't think the first numbers have to be the same. It could be TK-8252, TK-425, TK-1337, TK-666, really doesn't matter.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:50 PM   #132
Drax Kreiger
Rookie

heh, a commando named TK-666 with the nickname of "Devil".
Drax Kreiger is offline   you may:
Old 03-15-2005, 12:24 AM   #133
L2.0

If you're taking suggestions for handles, I would like to throw my own out as well.

Dodge, Burn, Twitch and Hush.
L2.0 is offline   you may:
Old 03-15-2005, 08:18 AM   #134
TK-425
Forumite

Lol... Ok, thanks. I was wondering, why just "TK" is it just for stormtroopers or something? Oh, and what about your quote? Why did you change your mind?

Old 03-15-2005, 04:05 PM   #135
PhireStorm
Rookie

How about, insteand of patterns, or maybe in addition to patters:
Shoulder Shields with differnet colors, repsective to their sheild color.
Yeah, i know its not by-the-book star wars, but the commandos arent either. I say is its too limited, imagination (which makes good games in my opinion) is eliminated.
For names, I think these will be cool

Pyro- Demolition
Snap- Sniper
Ridge-Slicer/Hacker
Cheif-Squad Leader

Possible Patterns
01- Double Blue thick acents around the eyes, and drops down at the cheek bone to the chin
02- Red Stipesfrom the back of head, over the top and coming to a sharp point at the forehead
03- Yellow Lines outlining the built in rebreather, eyes, and mouth
04- Green Lines coming down the middle af the face, and thickening at the chin
05-Purple pinestripes that compliments the curves of the helmet
06- Black Tribal Marks. More on the right side thgan the left side
07-pinstripes of red, black, and yellow

*whew*

www.freewebs.com/phiresart Come and see my art work!
PhireStorm is offline   you may:
Old 03-15-2005, 04:18 PM   #136
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Stormtroopers don't have stripes or "tribal marks."

And no, Clone Commandos are by-the-book Star Wars. It was in fact George himself who suggested that the commandos wear color-coded armor to emphasize their personality.

Oh and... it's spelled chief. I before E except after C.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:58 PM   #137
adillon

slightly off topic, but i wonder why the stormies do not have any color-coding, when the clone troopers did to denote rank/specialty.

things that make you go, hmmmm ...

and slightly on topic, how about those crazy EU kids, the Storm Commandos?

adillon is offline   you may:
Old 03-15-2005, 05:12 PM   #138
TK-425
Forumite

Hmm... I dont know, maybe they didnt have as good of a recognition system in thier helmets as the stormtroopers?

Oh, and tell me what you guys think about what I've come up with. Thanks to Redtech for the core material.

Saber company

Code: TK-8041
Name: Rayce Gorshun
Nickname: Sarge
Profile: Usually barking out orders, Gorshun is a veteran approaching retirement age, Rayce has lead dozens of troopers under his command, many have moved on, but many died through their own stupidity. As such, he tries not to get emotionally attached to his unit although he looks upon them like his children and the unit as his family. Despite receiving many commendations for bravery and performance attributes, Gorshun declined the chance of any further promotion to continue to play a far more active role in the Empire's ranks. A model trooper that many aspire to be. Gorshun has survived by not playing by the rules. But instead of throwing out the rulebooks, as many younger troopers have mistakenly done, he prefers to add new pages. He is known to be very much in control and is flexible, using enemy weapons or his bare hands to destroy a target if need be. Nothing stops the mission succeeding.

As any other Imperial Trooper he is unmarried and has no children. The squad is literally his family and he secretly fears that without it, he may as well not exist.

Code: TK-3277
Name: Thrak Jal'daan
Nickname: Snipe
Profile: A prodigiously gifted sniper, Jal'daan ascended through the ranks quickly solely due to his excellent marksmanship and amazing kill ratios. This has lead to suspicion that he is force-talented, which is immediately rebuked with swear words as violent as his kills and has lead to minor scuffles in the past. Unknowingly, he is force-talented, but not enough to do any significant feats of 'Jedi Magic'. Rather, he would say he has a 'gift' for knowing precisely where an enemy's vital organs are. At home with a scope equipped weapon, he is deadly at close range as well, simply because he absolutely hates being disturbed by friend or foe from his sniping. Thrak insists on calling the others by their designated numbers, rather than the nicknames they acquired.

He is cool, and almost unemotional from the outside, despite simmering deep inside, yet is fairly tolerant and enjoys leading from a supporting role, after all, he knows exactly where everyone is.

A career soldier, Jal'daan plans to one day lead a squad of his own and while he enjoys being under the control of Rayce Gorshun, Thrak is not comfortable with Sarge's unconventional methods, especially ones Gorshun rebukes others for doing. Jal'daan is a by-the-book trooper. Also, he never wants Scur Gunnar to watch his back..

Code: TK-7331
Name: Scur Gunnar
Nickname: Grudge
Profile: Possibly the exact opposite of Sarge, Gunnar is coarse-mouthed and very violent, even by trooper standards. He follows the Emperor's anti-non-human sentiment to substantial lengths. As a youth from a relatively poor family, he was constantly frustrated with, and sometimes paranoid of non-humans, especially Rodians, some of their "foreign smells" and their "green slimy looks" and worst of all, (eluding mostly to the Huts) their criminals. His parents were killed by a group of non-humans affiliated with Huts, and their bodies thrown into a trash compactor when their search for valuables proved empty.

Gunnar immediately signed up to become a trooper 2 years underage. When his test scores came back, the shock of the recruitment officers made him immediately accepted. Tatooine was his first assignment, and Gunnar would say that it was the second worst moment of his entire life.

Gunnar has received many reprimands for excessive force, for destroying houses, religious temples, or public utilities in order to complete the mission, but they are all turned into commendations. When a criminal cell is wiped out in a single explosion, or a known bounty hunter is killed when his landspeeder explodes, or a rebel informant (and her family) are killed in their own home, people pay attention. He's an efficient killer with a fatalist sense of humor, and personally, Gunnar doesn't see any problems with his methods. After all, they're not human. Just don't get him started about the Rebels. He hates them even more.

Code: TK-4016
Name: Ben Hanton
Nickname: Tie
Profile: The youngest, wittiest and most sarcastic trooper in the squad, originally, Ben planned on entering the Imperial academy to become a pilot. However, despite a consistent high score, he failed the final exams and dropped out. He doesn't begrudge being a trooper however, infact, he has a zeal which often frustrates his squad. Yet none would say he doesn't deserve a second chance, after all, it was a stand-off between the rebels and the imperials that lead to the death of Hanton's mother and the resultant test failure. He knows the rebels killed his mother and as such, Ben can't stand them, but not to the levels of Gunnar, although Scur is sympathetic and tends to call him "kid brother", mainly to annoy him.

Hanton is very by-the-book and so tends to empathize with Jal'Daan the most, when things get ugly, although Hanton is not afraid of 'borrowing' a weapon and turning it on its former owner. Ben is known for using an E11 like the bolts came out of his hands and is a surprisingly good shot regardless. He still has a love for space/air craft, and an equal obsession with technology, and talks about those things constantly, which is a good distraction in between the regular bouts of chaos. He enjoys traveling to new locations and likes to have almost sadistic fun when everyone else is loosing their heads...literally.

Last edited by TK-425; 03-17-2005 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:59 PM   #139
PhireStorm
Rookie

Quote:
And no, Clone Commandos are by-the-book Star Wars. It was in fact George himself who suggested that the commandos wear color-coded armor to emphasize their personality"
oh ok, but, now Im not an all out star wars person, but isnt that like lucas' "mod", so to speak. I say let imagination take place of "the
correct way , cus its the fans that make star wars happen, and this mod, it would be pretty dull if the stormies had just their armor, nothing unique

Old 03-15-2005, 07:27 PM   #140
TK-425
Forumite

Does this look boring?

Plus, these ideas are wonderful, and I feel there good enough. Is it really that important that you know exactly wich trooper is planting a device?

Quote:
There could be little things like maybe Wings gets a holster, Scope gets some ammo pouches on his belt (like on Sandtroopers), Grudge's armor is especially dirty, stuff like that.
Quote:
Originally posted by TK-425
I think probably if its postible have the number and rank (mabe the name of the trooper?) like www.stardestroyer.net speculates. Also, I like TK's idea too.
Just wait until the alpha release, (if there is one) and then you can tell me that its boring

Old 03-15-2005, 07:34 PM   #141
PhireStorm
Rookie

Just stating my opinion. I think it allows for uniqueness online, In SP, plain is a good idea, just as long they have different voices. As Far as MP, i say let imagination run wild, as long as it reasonable, on the custimation screen

Old 03-15-2005, 07:35 PM   #142
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally posted by adillon
slightly off topic, but i wonder why the stormies do not have any color-coding, when the clone troopers did to denote rank/specialty.
I think it's because the Empire has real officers, wearing their fancy tunics and hats for their uniform. Only low-ranking officers like sergeants and lieutenants still have to wear the armor. With the huge clone army with everyone, even commanders, all dressed in armor, it'd be impossible to sort through the ranks, which is why they were given color-coded armor.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:17 PM   #143
TK-425
Forumite

Quote:
Originally posted by PhireStorm
Just stating my opinion. I think it allows for uniqueness online, In SP, plain is a good idea, just as long they have different voices. As Far as MP, i say let imagination run wild, as long as it reasonable, on the custimation screen
Oh, I can agree with that.

Quote:
I think it's because the Empire has real officers, wearing their fancy tunics and hats for their uniform. Only low-ranking officers like sergeants and lieutenants still have to wear the armor. With the huge clone army with everyone, even commanders, all dressed in armor, it'd be impossible to sort through the ranks, which is why they were given color-coded armor.
Makes sense.

And here is some weapon info you guys might want to read.
http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/...d/Guns-SW.html

Last edited by TK-425; 03-17-2005 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:38 PM   #144
Drax Kreiger
Rookie

lol, you're not making any sense. do you like TK's idea better, or Phirestorm's?
Drax Kreiger is offline   you may:
Old 03-16-2005, 12:53 PM   #145
TK-425
Forumite

Quote:
Originally posted by Drax Kreiger
lol, you're not making any sense. do you like TK's idea better, or Phirestorm's?
There two different ideas. Ones for MP, the other is for SP.

Old 03-17-2005, 08:18 AM   #146
Redtech
Veteran

Tk-425, those profiles ROCK! Damn.

I suppose in MP, can't see a prob with "novelty" features like decals on the shoulders etc, like in Halo 2.

In SP, well, as long as you're HUD is decent enough, I think all they need is slight indicators of who they're are such as variations on equipement they're packing.

I am the definition of your defeat.
Redtech is offline   you may:
Old 03-17-2005, 08:36 AM   #147
TK-425
Forumite

Quote:
Originally posted by Redtech
Tk-425, those profiles ROCK! Damn.

I suppose in MP, can't see a prob with "novelty" features like decals on the shoulders etc, like in Halo 2.

In SP, well, as long as you're HUD is decent enough, I think all they need is slight indicators of who they're are such as variations on equipement they're packing.
Exactly! And in MP I dont think its that improtant to completly keep the armor accurate to the movies, because you need other colors on the armor too tell wich team your on and things like that. Also, I think I have seen screenshots of the squad with their names floating above their heads. Is this true?

Old 03-17-2005, 04:00 PM   #148
Oidar
Rookie

yes but only in close proximity.
Oidar is offline   you may:
Old 03-17-2005, 06:41 PM   #149
The Spartan
Rookie

Quote:
Using Stormtroopers would be realistic, since Stormtroopers are the elite units. What would the missions for the Storm Commando be? You could have no Tantive IV, Tatooine, Hoth, Cloud City, Endor, nothing...

A Storm Commando mod would be waaaaay less popular than a Stormtrooper mod since no one knows what they are and there would be no cool missions.

Errrrr...... NEGATIVE! No offense, but I partially agree with Redtech and Stormtroopers definitely are not the elite. Those ops were not employed by four man teams, but platoon and arger size elements. Do not get hung up on how many grenades to have and what not because if you are going to make it realistic, then you have ALOT of leeway. You will be using Stormtrooper comandos which are similar to some of the units seen in the movies, but not in the movies. A stormtrooper Commando would be a next gen version of our lovable Republic versions. Don't get too hung up on the commandos featured in star wars literature because the authors didn't always do their research or know their topics. If we went by the books, we could argue Jango Fett never existed and Boba was really Jaster Mareel......And none of the post Ep-III troopers would be clones until Thrawn....
The Spartan is offline   you may:
Old 03-17-2005, 09:12 PM   #150
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Stormtroopers are considered the elite force by Imperial standards. And yes, they work as squads. If you notice in the movies, there were small squads on the Tantive IV (the squad that captured Leia was four troopers) and on Cloud City.

Quote:
http://www.starwars.com/databank/org...roopers/?id=eu
Stormtrooper unit organization was separate to that of the Imperial Army and Navy, although this elite unit supported both arms of the Imperial Military. They followed similar organization patterns: squads, platoons, companies, battalions, regiments, and battlegroups (called legions).
The majority of Stormtroopers actually are clones. They're clones of random political people and their cousins, etc. Then there's also some enlisted and drafted.

Quote:
Star Wars Insider #76
During the production of Episode III, Lucas told crewmembers that the stormtroopers seen in Episode IV are - in the story world - made from multiple sources. That is, they're not all Jango clones. By that time in the saga, other clone hosts have been selected.

Lucas intimated that the selection process has become more political than strategic in some cases - a highly placed officer's cousin might be selected over a more capable specimen, for example.

In addition to multiple clone hosts, stormtrooper ranks also include conscripted soldiers and academy graduates, as his been chronicled in the Expanded Universe for many years now.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:34 AM   #151
The Spartan
Rookie

Quote:
Stormtroopers are considered the elite force by Imperial standards. And yes, they work as squads. If you notice in the movies, there were small squads on the Tantive IV (the squad that captured Leia was four troopers) and on Cloud City.

The majority of Stormtroopers actually are clones. They're clones of random political people and their cousins, etc. Then there's also some enlisted and drafted.
They are using the word elite to represent that stormtroopers are supposed to be skilled, not that they are on par with a group like Delta Squad. By your reasoning every clonetrooper would be elite too then. Besides, if your idea of an elite unit is two squad of stormtroopers who can't hit the broadside of a barn at twenty meters, or get killed by teddy bears, have at it
Old 03-18-2005, 01:23 PM   #152
TK-425
Forumite

Have you read anything I or TK-8252 have posted in this thread? Those two arguments have been shot down. Just wait untill we realese something then tell me its boring, bad, whatever. I just need help on how to put this thing together. Once thats done we can change some miner things. But I dont think I will change the stormtroopers to storm commandos.

Old 03-18-2005, 01:40 PM   #153
Oidar at Work
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by TK-425
Have you read anything I or TK-8252 have posted in this thread? Those two arguments have been shot down. Just wait untill we realese something then tell me its boring, bad, whatever. I just need help on how to put this thing together. Once thats done we can change some miner things. But I dont think I will change the stormtroopers to storm commandos.
He doesn't listen or read for that matter. People like him come in say stupid stuff then leave like the idiots they are. This will be a great mod and hardly boring.
Oidar at Work is offline   you may:
Old 03-18-2005, 02:28 PM   #154
El Sitherino
The Original.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Spartan
Besides, if your idea of an elite unit is two squad of stormtroopers who can't hit the broadside of a barn at twenty meters, or get killed by teddy bears, have at it
In the movies Nazi's shot rather crappily, yet in real life they shot rather well. Get what I'm saying? Bad guys have to shoot bad so the good guys can win.

It's how the movies work.

Old 03-18-2005, 02:49 PM   #155
The Spartan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by InsaneSith
In the movies Nazi's shot rather crappily, yet in real life they shot rather well. Get what I'm saying? Bad guys have to shoot bad so the good guys can win.

It's how the movies work.
True enough. Right you are....... cause Luke sure wasn't a match for Stormtroopers........

TK......I *WILL* wait for the mod because I support it. And he only tried to shoot those arguments down and failed miserably. If you are going to make it a stormtrooper squad it isn't going to be "realistic" as YOU said you wanted it to be, but that does not bother me. As long as it is fun, go for it and is at least close to what it should be, it is cool. Besides, even if the normal troopers aren't the Empires very best (But instead clones of politicians and cousins who don't meet up to Mandalorian standards), Stormies are still, imo, better than any dirty rebel and far more skilled than their equivalents in every army save their early bretheren and Mandolorians!
Old 03-18-2005, 04:11 PM   #156
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

To be fair, Stormtroopers only stink when shooting at the hero. They mopped up the Rebel resistance onboard the Tantive IV in a matter of minutes. And they killed all the Rebel Commandos who were pinned down at the Endor shield bunker. 'Course... just not Han and Leia.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:26 PM   #157
TK-425
Forumite

Or Chewbacca, R2-D2, and C-3PO, aside from that no one else died. Proves InsaneSith's point does it not?

Quote:
Originally posted by The Spartan
True enough. Right you are....... cause Luke sure wasn't a match for Stormtroopers........

TK......I *WILL* wait for the mod because I support it. And he only tried to shoot those arguments down and failed miserably. If you are going to make it a stormtrooper squad it isn't going to be "realistic" as YOU said you wanted it to be, but that does not bother me. As long as it is fun, go for it and is at least close to what it should be, it is cool. Besides, even if the normal troopers aren't the Empires very best (But instead clones of politicians and cousins who don't meet up to Mandalorian standards), Stormies are still, imo, better than any dirty rebel and far more skilled than their equivalents in every army save their early bretheren and Mandolorians!
I thank your support. It will be realistic to make it a Stormtrooper mod, TK's perspective (or mine, the Official litterature's, Stardestroyer.net's (wich is very hard to reguard as a failure) was not shot down. If you say anything different, its your opinion, but I know I'm right. And you are right about the rebels, that answer I give to the wishes of someone wanting a rebel commando mod But thanks for your support, without support there would be no mod's.

Old 03-18-2005, 11:42 PM   #158
The Spartan
Rookie

Quote:
To be fair, Stormtroopers only stink when shooting at the hero. They mopped up the Rebel resistance onboard the Tantive IV in a matter of minutes. And they killed all the Rebel Commandos who were pinned down at the Endor shield bunker. 'Course... just not Han and Leia.
True enough!!! Darn "heroes" making Imperials look bad. I guess I am just stange for considering Vader the hero and the rebels as terrorist. I suppose it is also wrong to hail Boba Fett as a man of justice in apprehending a known Drug runner. Let's face it, all that spice Han was running wasn't sugar and sure wasn't legal!

Boba Fett for the war on drugs :P
Old 03-19-2005, 09:05 AM   #159
TK-425
Forumite

I wouldnt consider it strange, just unusual

Old 03-20-2005, 12:35 AM   #160
agentj64

Why not a Rebel Commando Mod?

Personally I'd love to play it. Heck I'd prolly help model and animate for that. the idea just sounds cool. Steal somethign from Galaxies: a mission to save admiral ackbar from dantooine, or maybe something during the battle of denaab.

ahh.. sweet.. :0

that blasted ending of Republic commando has me mad again. gah and i jsut finished watching rotj..

"And for those who want to get into the game industry: Never think you're not good enough; make someone tell you."
-Mat Noguchi (Bungie sound programmer)
agentj64 is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RepublicCommando.Net > General Discussion > Design Schematics > Stormtrooper Mod