lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Exile Identity
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-14-2004, 06:53 PM   #1
Kreia
Lurker

Exile Identity

I'm sorry if this has already been brought up, but I'm new, and a scan of the forum hasn't revealed it. Faced with another Jedi amnesiac, who is this person? What's on my mind right now, is that the Exile is Revan. Would this be feasibly possible?

"Good can exist without evil, whereas evil cannot exist without good...."

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible."
Kreia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2004, 07:15 PM   #2
FiEND_138

Nope. Not Revan.

According to the Devs, it's someone who stood with Revan during the Mandalorian Wars.

FiEND_138 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2004, 10:10 PM   #3
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Re: Exile Identity

Quote:
Originally posted by Kreia
I'm sorry if this has already been brought up, but I'm new, and a scan of the forum hasn't revealed it. Faced with another Jedi amnesiac, who is this person? What's on my mind right now, is that the Exile is Revan. Would this be feasibly possible?
OE has told us that the Exile (Our PC) is Not Revan but one of the Jedi that rallied to Revan's call to arms during the Mandalorian War.

Also OE has stated on multiple occasions that our PC in KOTOR:TSL will Not have amnesia or any other memory loss.

We will begin the game returning to civilized space after putting ourselves into self-imposed exile, our connection to the Force diminished. (An RPG-esque excuse for us to start at Level 1 no doubt.)

I hope this helps! And welcome to the forums Kreia!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2004, 12:49 PM   #4
Kreia
Lurker

Ahhhh, thankye, I had read somewhere that the Exile was an amnesiac, I'll have to do some more looking into the game.

"Good can exist without evil, whereas evil cannot exist without good...."

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible."
Kreia is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2004, 01:14 PM   #5
Rat Boy

Additionally, "Exile" is just a general placeholder term for your character's name, something that NPCs will refer to you by in dialogue aside from Jedi, Padawan, etc.
Rat Boy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2004, 03:29 PM   #6
UrchSr
Rookie

I've read in gamespy or the other one (I got the heads up from this forum) that our PC (exile) wakes up in a Kolto chamber (remember those soldiers in the Taris Upper city hospital?) and doesn't know how he got there or how long. No amniesa or memory wipes, no. Our guy knows who he is and all about his past but was rendered unconcious for over five years?! I'll let the devs slide on that one. A wounded veteran of the Mandalorian war wakes up and needs to be brought up to speed. He looses touch with the force and needs to train all over again. Atrophy must have also taken a toll on him because he's so weak and can't do all the cool acrobatics most jedi can do at first. He'll have to beef up some during the game... some how

"I am a follower of the Light, Yes... But I will lead you into the Dark to prove it."

Four more years!!!
UrchSr is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-16-2004, 04:41 PM   #7
Igor_Cavkov
Forumite

returning to civilization from exile sounds really great!

SW Galaxies Online name: Cavkov
Server: Chimaera
Profession: Bounty Hunter
Guild: DOS - Dark Order of the Sith

If you only knew the power of the darkside!
Igor_Cavkov is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2004, 01:30 PM   #8
starmark2k
Someone's Worse Nightmare

LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
The exile was a Jedi who followed malak and revan. but didn't go to the darkside and went back to the jedi. He was then thrown out of the order. He is the character you play as who has short term memory lost as it seems.
starmark2k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2004, 06:54 PM   #9
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally posted by starmark2k
but didn't go to the darkside and went back to the jedi. He was then thrown out of the order.
I'm sorry but this is incorrect, the PC went into a self-imposed exile for unknown reasons, I'm sure will be revealed to us as part of the story.
Quote:
Originally posted by starmark2k
He is the character you play as who has short term memory lost as it seems.
OE has stated on multiple occasions that there will be no amnesia or memory loss of any kind. So however we are starting out in the game, we are supposedly returning from the fringes of space and have no idea what has transpired since the time of when we left.

I'm quite sure the beginning cinematic will answer some of our questions of why we are where we are as well.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Exile Identity