okay, maybe i wasn't being very clear:
if i was betting on this game, i would bet on the pats. its not because i like them, its just that they stand a better chance of winning than the eagles. pats win in almost every matchup except three:
1. philly's passing game vs the pats secondary
- i've already explained this earlier.
2. the pats offensive line vs. philly's pass rush
- this one is more of a draw than a philly victory. philly's two DE's are among the best in league, but the pats OL is quite good.
3. the pats passing game vs. philly's secondary
- this one should be a no brainer. three good recievers and a great quarterback against three pro-bowl backfielders. philly has one of the best defensive secondaries in the nfl, and i just can't see new england doing too much through the air.
otherwise, the rest of the game swings in new england's favor. BUT
i'm still hoping that philly will pull it out. i guess i'm in the same situation as last year: i'm rootin for the underdog.
in summary: i'm predicting a new england victory through logic, but my heart wants me to pull for philly.