lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Possible Changes in New Patch...
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-30-2004, 04:16 PM   #1
SkankinShine
Rookie

Possible Changes in New Patch...

Over at the Lucas Arts message boards, there is a note from a PS2 developer mentioning the possibility of changes in the next patch.

What caught my eye was a mention of possible "spawn invincibility" option for server admins. I don't see how this would work. It came up as an idea after countless people were complaining about vehicle spawn camping.

But with spawn invincibility, how would command posts be captured? Killing the new re-spawns are crucial to capturing them. We've had the spawn camping discussion, and I think we all agreed that it's only lame when it's in a vehicle, or if there is no effort to take the command post.

Maybe it would work if the invincibility only worked when the command post was not in the process of being changed over to the other team. In other words, the presence of an enemy infantryman near your CP would turn off invincibility.

The other big update, which I am excited about, is the ability for PS2 server admins to change the number of entry tickets.
SkankinShine is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2004, 05:08 PM   #2
jaemz
Rookie

I am very much looking forward to this new PC Dedicated Server for the PS2. For the PC players, I believe the Host can set a time delay where the spawning player can not be killed (ie: 2 seconds). It is very likely we will get the same options they have.

I see how not being able to kill the enemy could make capturing a command point complicated, but the fact that vehicle spawn campers will be less effective is a good trade-off.

I like the option of booting / banning people from my server... good-bye team killers.

It is my understanding that the PC platform already has this update. I would love to hear what they think about these changes to the Dedicated Server.
jaemz is offline   you may:
Old 11-30-2004, 08:31 PM   #3
Hexerei
Rookie

"spawn invincibility" sux i hates it yes i do
in the PC version there seems to be some wierd lagging effect caused by the spawn invincibility, i dont mean like a connection lag but like dont be trying to shoot cause that will delay when you can or taking 10 seconds to get in a vehicle
but the spawn settings are 2 seconds

Imperials Rule & Droids Drool

Imperials Rule & Droids Drool!!

Last edited by Hexerei; 12-02-2004 at 04:34 AM.
Hexerei is offline   you may:
Old 12-01-2004, 04:08 AM   #4
Darth Alec
Forumite

As long you can't kill somone when invincibil it's ok. Then vehicles wont be as affective as spawn killers, but still can clear a spawn point.
I hope they add a ticket maneger so the server admin can change tickets.

I am a High Admiral of the Imperial fleet.

Serving the Empire is my destiny, and only Sidious is my lord.

Two starwars parodys...

Starwars gangsta rap

Robot chicken

Last edited by Darth Alec; 12-02-2004 at 03:40 AM.
Darth Alec is offline   you may:
Old 12-02-2004, 12:59 AM   #5
micks75au
Rookie

what else do they hint at?

For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained! A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind.
This one....a long time have I watched. Never his mind on where he was. Hmmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things.

You are reckless!
micks75au is offline   you may:
Old 12-04-2004, 12:40 PM   #6
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Since the patch in question has been released, please direct your attention to the latest "Patch" thread sticky.

Thank you.

[Edit: On second though, see this post here:
http://lucasforums.com/showthread.ph...37#post1709137 ]

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn

Last edited by Kurgan; 12-05-2004 at 07:11 AM.
Kurgan is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > General Discussion > Possible Changes in New Patch...