lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Mediablitz's bitter newbie server list
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-21-2004, 01:59 PM   #81
traj
Rookie

Media, I'm getting an error regarding the codec for the DSBR vid. Help me out.

..|.. ^_^ ..|..
traj is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2004, 02:00 PM   #82
mediablitz
Banned

isn't there a readme that covers that with the file
mediablitz is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2004, 02:16 PM   #83
mediablitz
Banned

janderson.kaoticz.net/mbzvjasa.dm_26

that's the jasa demo. copy paste into browser
Old 12-21-2004, 03:23 PM   #84
Fallen'VS
Rookie

Rem you bastage I will pwn j00 4 dat shizzle muh nizzle!

Dang it media, is that JKA? I don't have that crap game anymore. Fraps it or use /cl_avidemo and convert it for meh

Fallen'VS is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2004, 04:01 PM   #85
traj
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by mediablitz
isn't there a readme that covers that with the file
Yeah I got it. Thanks. Thats a sick vid.

..|.. ^_^ ..|..
Old 12-21-2004, 04:09 PM   #86
mediablitz
Banned

trust me fallen, it's not worth the avi. it's an 8 minute vid of stupidity. the staind vid is better traj, check it out.
Old 12-21-2004, 05:27 PM   #87
Remij

Quote:
trust me fallen, it's not worth the avi. it's an 8 minute vid of stupidity. the staind vid is better traj, check it out.

I love the chat killed part. When the music switches...haha then the laughs from the crowd. classic.

Remij is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2004, 07:00 PM   #88
<jasa> coxy
Lurker

Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Warrin
And BTW, RPGing is quite fun actually. I don't know if you've ever tried it, but it allows you to share your imagination with other ppl, and to meld it with other ppl imagination to make something beautiful and enjoyable...except when there are admin abusers, lamers, or ppl who rlly suck at RPGing :P

UM U ****ING FAGGOT IT IS UR TURN 2 PLACE THE BANTHA PLEASUER UNIT IN UR MOUTHHOLE FOR TONIGHTS FESTIVIVES LOL. ALTHOUGHT I MIGHT NOT BE ABLE 2 MAKE IT B/C MY PArents ARE MAKING ME WATCH DARMA AND GREG WITH THEM TONIGHT
<jasa> coxy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-21-2004, 10:06 PM   #89
Fallen'VS
Rookie

Re: Re: ...

Quote:
Originally posted by <jasa> coxy
UM U ****ING FAGGOT IT IS UR TURN 2 PLACE THE BANTHA PLEASUER UNIT IN UR MOUTHHOLE FOR TONIGHTS FESTIVIVES LOL. ALTHOUGHT I MIGHT NOT BE ABLE 2 MAKE IT B/C MY PArents ARE MAKING ME WATCH DARMA AND GREG WITH THEM TONIGHT
Ah yes a mature 13 year old you say...

Old 12-21-2004, 11:46 PM   #90
mediablitz
Banned

Quote:
dude chill on the pseudo-intellectualism, this is a game forum not a philosophy chat
Old 12-21-2004, 11:58 PM   #91
Lanfear
Rookie

Err... that's not coxy. Check the name against the previous posts by him, notice the missing *.

Someone trying to stir up more shizzle.
Lanfear is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 12:00 AM   #92
Lanfear
Rookie

Urm, how do you play the file Media?
Old 12-22-2004, 12:02 AM   #93
mediablitz
Banned

make a folder called demos in your base folder. put the file in the demos folder. go into a multiplayer session and choose playdemo.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:29 AM   #94
Lanfear
Rookie

Hmmm... Watched the demo. I'm sorry Eric was such an ass.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:40 AM   #95
mediablitz
Banned

That's what I gotta put up with everytime I want to play this game other than when I play on the refresh ctf servers. That's why I make bitter newbie admin threads. I seriously can't play on an full weapon FFA server without some kid with self-esteem issues raging his admin powers on me because he can't kill me in this video game. most of us aren't *******s by nature, but how many times can one person stand getting kicked and banned by 13 year old kids on admin power trips before we start getting pissed off?
Old 12-22-2004, 12:50 AM   #96
Lanfear
Rookie

I know, I know. I've raised the issue on our forums - it will be dealt with. I think Eric got a tad pissed that you were kicking his ass all over the map. lol.

I'd love to take you up on that offer of a FFA though. I'm in europe so we'll have to pick a suitable time. I don't mind where we play though.

Do you want to do 4 vs 1? Or more?

I'll get a few guys together.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:09 AM   #97
Undisputed
Lurker

Speaking of videos...

http://own-age.com/vids/video.aspx?id=1991

http://own-age.com/vids/video.aspx?id=2486

Two more videos from the undying JKA community!

Join the Firetrill community and help expand the undying JKA community into a much more larger and a much more competitive family!

BTW Hi Fallen!

Do you want to have kids with me?No?? Do you then just wanna practise?
Undisputed is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 01:30 AM   #98
mediablitz
Banned

let's do a 5 vs 1. i'll be free the next few days. we can even do it on your jasa gun server if you guys get rid of the jetpack/grapplehook cheats for the match. either today or tomorrow would be good, in the evenings est time

oh yeah, and not on that rpg sithcouncil map. any base standard map is fine with me
Old 12-22-2004, 01:47 AM   #99
Lanfear
Rookie

I'll let you know as soon as I've set it up.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:12 AM   #100
[USA]-bLaSt
Rookie

Weelp... USA 1 is rolled back over to FF/FW Deathmatch. School's in session ladies... come get some!

67.15.52.200:29070

jk.. I friggin stink at guns.

PS - This server is not 24/7 on one gametype so IF IT DOESN'T SAY Deathmatch or Instagib in the title... don't bother to connect and save us all alot of trouble.

ClanUSA.org - Ultimate Saber Alliance
JediTracker.com - Web-based game server trackers for Jedi Academy/Outcast, Unreal Tournament 2004 and Waržow
[USA]-bLaSt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 06:18 AM   #101
Saiden
Lurker

Here's an idea, I don't know if it'll work but its worth a try I guess. Why not post some of those videos on sites like pcgamemods or jk3files? I'm sure most of the jka community doesn't even know what _actual_ skilled weapon play is like. I for one had no idea until I saw those videos, and now I'm inspired to go out and try it. If more people see it, then I'm sure more people will take an interest in it and it _might_ be revived. I dunno, just a thought.

Saiden
Saiden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 06:37 AM   #102
Fallen'VS
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Saiden
Here's an idea, I don't know if it'll work but its worth a try I guess. Why not post some of those videos on sites like pcgamemods or jk3files? I'm sure most of the jka community doesn't even know what _actual_ skilled weapon play is like. I for one had no idea until I saw those videos, and now I'm inspired to go out and try it. If more people see it, then I'm sure more people will take an interest in it and it _might_ be revived. I dunno, just a thought.

Saiden
Your idea might have worked 2 years ago. But sadly, too many of these bitter admin whores existed even then and killed this game for us. (The first adminmod maker should be castrated, then drawn and quartered for doing this to this series). But now it's too late. The people that made the video's back then, god I wish I still had mine, I'll check, we've all moved on to games where we don't have to put up with that ****. UT2k4, Doom3, CS:Source, Tribes:Vengeance, etc. It'll be extremely difficult to bring any of the real players back. You may get some of the nf saberists to try it, but it'll not be like it was when jk2 1.02 hit the shelves. Too many people in the gun/ff community are just to disenfranchised with this community as a whole. I even used my JK2 and JKA as trade in at EBGames. I didn't even get anything with em yet, just put the trade value on my EB card LOL.

Old 12-22-2004, 07:09 AM   #103
jasa-chosen
Rookie

This topic is going to go on forever. There is no use fighting you on a 5 vs 1 with guns cause you will win just like if you fought me with sabers only I would win. I would like to say sorry about eric but we have no idea what happened before or after all that. But either way eric should have not done that. If you want a win verse jasa claim it. I could careless cause thats not how we play the game. You keep telling us to be open minded but your the one that is single minded about nf sabers only being noob. If you guys still think sabers take no skill hop on a duel server and find out. WoV is a good duel server some of the best play there. The fact is more people like playing sabers only that is how the community went and there is no changing it. But this topic is just a bunch of useless garbage and will go on and on. I posted what I had to say. Have fun flaming it.

Clan Gaming Site
www.jasacademy.com
jasa-chosen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 07:41 AM   #104
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

Quote:
Originally posted by jasa-chosen
This topic is going to go on forever. There is no use fighting you on a 5 vs 1 with guns cause you will win just like if you fought me with sabers only I would win. I would like to say sorry about eric but we have no idea what happened before or after all that. But either way eric should have not done that. If you want a win verse jasa claim it. I could careless cause thats not how we play the game. You keep telling us to be open minded but your the one that is single minded about nf sabers only being noob. If you guys still think sabers take no skill hop on a duel server and find out. WoV is a good duel server some of the best play there. The fact is more people like playing sabers only that is how the community went and there is no changing it. But this topic is just a bunch of useless garbage and will go on and on. I posted what I had to say. Have fun flaming it.
Incase you missed it, media and i both played nf/so for a while and reached a plateau where we beat everyone and it was just a test of timing and luck.

And thank you to the guys who are being open minded. Very refreshing.

Rumor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 09:11 AM   #105
theguyincorner
Rookie

Hi guys! it's me redfive here! It's nice to see you guys all being nice to oneanother.

If you are intrigued by guns this link lists all the JA videos on Own-age
http://own-age.com/vids/list.aspx?game=18

Videos I am fond of are Avalon and oEnt. It was actually oEnt that got me to play CtfGUNs

If you only download one video get this one

http://own-age.com/vids/video.aspx?id=2634

It is a strafe jumping tutorial, possibly the smartest idea I have ever seen It has an included document further describing this process. you MUST learn to strafe jump if you want to keep pace with good players.

and like said above please visit www.firetrill.com most people there are *******s but I will defend you! much love folks, and media Painkiller sucks stay with us

ndred5
theguyincorner is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 12:04 PM   #106
<jasa> coxy
Lurker

UM I PERONALLY LIKE STARCRAFTS VIDEOS BETTER. THEY HAS (VE) MORE PERSONALITY?
<jasa> coxy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 01:15 PM   #107
traj
Rookie

Is that mean gene or the fish lover?

..|.. ^_^ ..|..
Old 12-22-2004, 01:34 PM   #108
Amidala from Chop Shop
Politically-correct jerk

If some of the JASA members who think they are "good" at this game only because they have disabled 90% of it (no guns, no explosives, no Force except jump and saber offense\defense, playing only one gametype ["FFA" that isn't really FFA but is actually multiple simultaneous dueling] on only one map [mp/ffa3]) would like to open their eyes and their minds and see what some really good players can do with 100% of the game enabled, with no need for cheats like jetpacks and grapplehooks and insta Force regeneration, check out these videos

Avalon

oEnt

Yes, they are huge downloads, and somewhat repetitious at times, but after watching them it will be hard to make foolish, ignorant posts like "using guns takes no skill" and "only noobs use guns" and "all the good players never use guns" again.

In Avalon, you'll see Jabba outrun a rocket for a long time (starts about 2:16 into the video), and at the end of oEnt you'll see oE Jeff get from one end of ctf4 to the other in about 13 seconds. Make a Solo Game on that map with g_forceregentime 200 and try to match his time. You won't. And they aren't "cheating", they are "strafe jumping". It's easy to do poorly and hard to do well, but it is a critical skill you must have if you want to even begin to consider yourself a "good" player. To elite players like the ones you are dissing, it's something they take for granted. You can learn more about it here

No guns-no explosives-no Force-no "laming" saber duelers, you are right, being a good no Force saber dueler does take some "skill". It's just that playing the game with 100% of it enabled and without cheats like jetpacks and grapplehooks takes a lot more skill. Try it, it's fun! Yes, you'll get killed a lot more and get frustrated until you finally get some skills, but the skills you learn can be used in all the other non-Jedi Knight games out there. Knowing how to bow and whine about laming isn't useful anywhere.

Last edited by Amidala from Chop Shop; 12-25-2004 at 12:32 PM.
Amidala from Chop Shop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 01:42 PM   #109
mediablitz
Banned

hear hear
Old 12-22-2004, 01:42 PM   #110
<jasa> *coxy
Lurker

Hey other coxy **** off. Thats not the real me. Thanks Lan for saying that. What idiot does that. Stop giving my name umm a bad name

www.jasacademy.com
{JASA}*CoXy
<jasa> *coxy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 03:59 PM   #111
traj
Rookie

Nice post Amidala.

..|.. ^_^ ..|..
Old 12-22-2004, 04:37 PM   #112
mediablitz
Banned

Quote:
I would like to say sorry about eric but we have no idea what happened before or after all that.
Before that was the exact same thing. you need to accept that your clan has at least two bitter kiddie admins who punish people for being better than they are.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:49 PM   #113
mediablitz
Banned

Personally I think the Avalon and oE vids are pretty boring. Mainly the Avalon vid is just real repetitive. It's all frags and it feels like i'm watching the same frags over and over. It's all ctf4 basically too. I wasn't very impressed by it. The oE vid is mostly just shots on total newbies. in tcob almost all the frags are against really strong players, and the footage is all diverse with many different types of frags and shots. The current weapon community has some strong players, but the old DSbr guys were on a different level
Old 12-22-2004, 07:37 PM   #114
theguyincorner
Rookie

That's true but JO was an easier game to get impressive looking shots in One video I really enjoyed was Trailblazer cuz it had a diverse amount of maps and also had trickjumps which is cool to see in JA I wish people would pug on other custom maps :\ I like all of tri's maps, bespin towers, yavin ruins, the JK2 map ports are playable regardless of what people say about a model size diffrence. I dunno :\

Just watch some movies guys and come play I'm totally willing to help anyone out who needs some tips or doesn't quit understand strafe jumping or anything

ndred5
theguyincorner is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 10:07 PM   #115
Amidala from Chop Shop
Politically-correct jerk

Quote:
Personally I think the Avalon and oE vids are pretty boring. Mainly the Avalon vid is just real repetitive. It's all frags and it feels like i'm watching the same frags over and over. It's all ctf4 basically too. I wasn't very impressed by it. The oE vid is mostly just shots on total newbies. in tcob almost all the frags are against really strong players, and the footage is all diverse with many different types of frags and shots. The current weapon community has some strong players, but the old DSbr guys were on a different level
Takin' Care of Business and Staind are two of my favorite JK2 videos, and I have recommended them to other people http://www.chopshopservers.com/forum...topic.php?t=25

I especially liked the shot of Hoodwinker getting mid-air fragged with a stun baton (!) and some guy from FK, either un-something or media-something getting lightninged to death

And, I did say that Avalon and oEnt were "somewhat repetitious".

But, since all this has been happening on Jedi Academy servers, I picked some Jedi Academy videos so the people playing JA and who perhaps never played JK2 could relate to them.

If anyone is curious about full Force full weapon Jedi Academy but doesn't want to download those videos, you can download these much smaller demos

http://www.chopshopservers.com/files/ctfbeasts.zip

http://www.pslclan.com/saltpepper.dm_26

Download the files and unzip the one that is zipped. Make a demos folder in your base folder and put the demo files in it. Then start your game and either select Play Demo from the menu and select demo15.dm_26 or saltpepper.dm_26, or I think you can enter /playdemo (demoname) in the console.

After the demo starts you can enter /cg_thirdperson 1 for a better view. These are by no means some kind of "greatest ever" CTF games or anything, they're just some typical "weapon noobs" playing typical games of full Force (default g_forceregentime 200 by the way, not 0) full weapon CTF. The kind of games that take "no skill"

Last edited by Amidala from Chop Shop; 12-23-2004 at 03:39 AM.
Amidala from Chop Shop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2004, 12:54 PM   #116
mediablitz
Banned

That was fallen getting killed by the lightning in tcob. Matt thankfully refrained from putting me in any their frag vids, as you can see I was even given a credit/shout out at the end of staind under my old nick "FlashRam"
Old 12-23-2004, 02:10 PM   #117
Fallen'VS
Rookie

The funny thing is I let the fugger lightning me cause we were all jerking around and then I end up in the video! BAH! I got my revenge on him though hehehe.

Old 12-23-2004, 02:21 PM   #118
mediablitz
Banned

I thought it was dumb putting that in the vid, honestly.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:00 PM   #119
Rumor
caffeine has go power!

Quote:
Originally posted by Fallen'VS
The funny thing is I let the fugger lightning me cause we were all jerking around and then I end up in the video! BAH! I got my revenge on him though hehehe.
Liar. You change your story all the time. First you let him, then you were afk, now you let him. He did it while you were trying to kill him w/ full ammo and full hp/shields.

Rumor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-24-2004, 06:59 AM   #120
Druid Allanon
Rookie

I've been on the one-to-one deathmatch server a few times, and I've fought with media once. He's the one who made me realise guns are so hard to master. >.< I wanna know how to own at guns now, but there are so few servers for me to practice, most of which are empty. Anyone up to training a n00b? =p
Druid Allanon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Help Center > Dedicated Server > Mediablitz's bitter newbie server list