lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Postlude to Holocaust Part VI: Strangers
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-04-2005, 04:43 AM   #121
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
((Isn't ball in your court Red, we're all waiting.))

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2005, 08:06 AM   #122
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
((In response to Admiral's post...))

Tanara sighed out of irritation and disappointment.

"Given only a little time and training, Elaina would make an excellent fighter," she told Heimdall. "I could train her as we go."

Elaina was close enough to hear this, but far enough away to be ignored by her sister.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2005, 11:49 AM   #123
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
((Marin told Hal and Alessa what was going on, didn't she? ))

K'Warra: So. What are you doing here? I have to wonder what made our captors go through such lengths to attack you...in such ways they did. A bit odd for a small group of immortals and their sidekicks.

Aidan: "Sidekicks"?

Guy: You were told nothing by your captors?

K'Warra: C'mon, Jonathan - that is your name, right, not "Guy"? You know all about Shadows. They're not stupid people.

Guy: Not every one of your captors was a Shadow.

K'Warra: I got the strong impression that the non-Shadows of the group had no idea what was going on, except the two mercernary leaders. They were just following orders for lots of money. Going to explain? I'm just curious.

Last edited by Redwing; 01-04-2005 at 01:29 PM.
Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2005, 01:50 PM   #124
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((Actually I was waiting on WJ to post , and Hal/Alessa could at least of said hello.))

Heimdall: I'm sorry Tanara, that is not a good enough reason. It takes time to train someone, and until that person is trained they put everyone around them in danger during combat. You also need to consider this, we will be heading into very deadly situations, do you want to expose your sister to that? Plus, how much combat experience do you have? Can you actually train her?

Think about these, and if you decide you still want her to come along, can properly train her, and have figured out a better reason for us to take her along come talk to me again. I'll most likely be in the ship.

-------------------------------------------------------------

*A drake stands up in the surf, spreading his wings a little, and walks onto the beach heading towards everyone gathered around K'warra, Chere, and Cody.

When K'Warra made his comment about sidekicks the drake let out a deep laugh, and sat down near the gathering.*

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

Official Forum Expert on Norse Mythology
As Odin says in the Hovamal:
"Praise no day 'til evening; no wife 'til on her pyre; no sword 'til tested;
no maid 'til bedded; no ice 'til crossed;
no ale 'til drunk."
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2005, 07:43 AM   #125
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tanara turned away, frustration flooding her face. Somehow, she had known this would be the response, but it caused her some irritation. In this moment, Kira's voice began taunting her and she began to loose control.

Even from a distance, Elaina could tell something was wrong. Without really even thinking about it, she covered the distance between herself and Tanara in one great Force-aided leap.

"Resist her, Tanara," Elaina whispered, gripping her sister's hands. Tanara growled softly and pushed Elaina away. With all the strength she could muster, Elaina lunged into Tanara, taking both of them to the ground. Elaina ended up on top of her sister and placed her right palm on Tanara's forehead.

"I may not be able to resist her myself," she whispered, "but I can help you do so!"

After a few minutes of struggling, Tanara went limp, staring in shock at her sister. Elaina bent forward and kissed her sister's forehead. Then, she sat up again. With a light touch, Elaina sent Tanara into a deep, Force-aided sleep.

"Rest," she whispered, making herself comfortable at her sister's side.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 01-05-2005, 11:49 AM   #126
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((Sorry for not posting, been very sick))
*Matt had overheard Tanara's conversation with Heimdall along with Elaina, and when Elaina leapt to Tanara he ran toward her, once she tackled her he stopped completely, unable to see who was it that he should stop, then started running toward them again once Elaina seemed to have stopped Tanara*
Matt: What happened?

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2005, 12:35 PM   #127
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Hal:So were you brought to this dimension by these "shadows?"

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-05-2005, 01:00 PM   #128
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"In her anger and disappointment, Tanara nearly let Kira free," Elaina answered, looking up at Matt. She looked around, frowning. "I think you'd better get yourself out of sight. There's no telling what she'll do if I'm not the first person she sees when she wakes up."

My work in progress:

Old 01-05-2005, 01:47 PM   #129
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt shook his head.*
Matt: I'm not leaving you alone if that thing manages to take control again. I don't want either of you getting hurt.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 01-05-2005, 06:03 PM   #130
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

K'Warra: *scratching his pronged chin* Hmm. That isn't really an answer. But your answer, of course, is yes. *Looks at Guy* You mean he didn't tell you? After all, he was there.

Old 01-05-2005, 10:46 PM   #131
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
*Heimdall watches Tanara's breakdown and Elaina's helping tackle with dispassion. He listened carefully to what Elaina told Matt, then crouched down by Tanara and Elaina.*

Heimdall *In a firm voice*: When you sister awakens have her come and see me. I'll be in the lounge of the ship, you may accompany her if you wish.

*Heimdall stood and looked at the Drake sitting next to the gathering, and when the drake noticed Heimdall looking at him both nodded their heads in greeting.

The Drake then spoke to Heimdall in his deep voice without raising it. Heimdall stood thinking about what the Drake had said not responding for a couple of moments*

Heimdall *only raising his voice slightly*: We will do that tonight, once the sun has fully set.

*The Drake nodded in agreement, and returned to watching the group. Heimdall gave another nod of his head, turned and finally made it to the Asgardried. Idun meet him at the top of the ramp.

Heimdall: How is Vidar?

Idun: Resting, Valda is watching over him.

Heimdall: Ok, we have a gathering with the Drakes tonight, an hour after dusk.

Idun: Alright, I'll make the arrangements and inform the others.

Heimdall: Thankyou, since your going to be talking to the others, anyways would you mind also telling Svafa that Marin has accepted her offer.

Idun: Excellent, it will be my pleasure to tell Svafa that. Back to the forge now?

*Heimdall, and Idun continue to talk as they go deeper into the ship*

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-06-2005, 02:24 AM   #132
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Drago mutters something about people staying in their own dimension. He bows Hal and Allessa.*

Drago: If you will excuse me, I will return to the ship.

Hal: Yes, go.

*Drago leaves.*

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!

Last edited by BattleDog; 01-06-2005 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-06-2005, 09:11 AM   #133
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((BD: 1. It is spelled Aesir not Asier , secondly all the Aesir are already in the Asgardried.))

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-06-2005, 12:27 PM   #134
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
((Somehow I doubt my ancestors had a fixed spelling, since they couldn't write. Hay I misspell English, how am I supposed to keep up with old Norse as well. Incidently I checked the patroymonics today, I was right, theres no "i" in dotter ))

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-06-2005, 03:51 PM   #135
Writer
Not switching to DTV

About an hour later, Tanara awoke with a start. Elaina glanced down at her sister sharply and reached out quickly to place a comforting hand on Tanara's shoulder.

"Relax," Elaina whispered. Tanara sat up slowly and stared at her sister.

"You didn't take her back, did you?" she demanded, alarm spreading across her face. Elaina smiled and shook her head.

"Even though I was angry with you earlier, I know I can't control her," Elaina said. "I simply helped you retain your control of her."

"You jumped," Tanara said suddenly, her mind seeming to work at lightspeed. "With the Force, I mean."

"And used it to knock you over," Elaina agreed. "So you see, being possessed by Kira did have some perks."

Tanara laughed weakly and shook her head. Elaina nodded.

"Not funny, I know," she said softly. Then, as if just remembering, she said, "Oh, I almost forgot. That guy... don't think I ever learned his name..." She described him.

"Heimdall?" Tanara asked. Elaina shrugged.

"I guess so," she answered. "Anyway, he said he wanted you to go to him when you woke up. He said he'd be in the lounge."

"I'm not leaving you," Tanara said softly. Elaina grinned.

"I think it's more proper to say I'm not leaving you now," she said. "We're going together. He gave me permission to come along."

She got to her feet and helped Tanara stand. As they turned toward the ship, Elaina glanced down again at Tanara's replacement arm.

"You know, I have an old leather coat you might turn into a glove for that," she said thoughtfully. Tanara glanced over at her sister and raised an eyebrow.

"Does it bother you?" she asked. Elaina looked away.

"Well..." she began. "I guess it does a little."

"When this meeting is over, I'll help you find that coat," Tanara promised. Elaina's face brightened.

"Great! It's on my... I mean your fighter," she said. Tanara looked at her.

"You found it?" she asked. Elaina nodded.

"Maybe we can convince these guys to let you take it with us," she suggested. Tanara laughed.

"We can find out after we know what Heimdall wants," she said. The two entered the ship.

My work in progress:

Old 01-06-2005, 09:28 PM   #136
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((WildJedi: I'm assuming that the two went to the lounge

BD: Since different spellings equal different words they most likely did have a set spelling, but probably had numerous names for them. Regardless, I have a fixed spelling . ))

*Heimdall is seated in the lounge with Idona besides him, hovering in front of him is a ball of fire. In the center of the ball is a silver ring, it was adnored with mithril knotwork. Idona watched the ring in the fire for a moment before returning to cleaning her sword. Shortly afterward Tanara and Elaina walked into the lounge.

Heimdall spoke a word and the ball of fire disappeared and the ring fell onto Heimdall's out stretched hand. He then placed the ring upon the table, for being in flames it was not hot to the touch. However, the mithril knotwork began to pulsate shortly after the ring was set down on the table, Heimdall smiled at that and then turned his attention to the two Tanara. Idona meanwhile stopped cleaning her sword and let it lay in her las and regarded the two sisters.*

Heimdall: Have a seat if you would like. *He waits a few seconds for them to sit down ((Assuming that they did but if they didn't doesn't really matter))* Tanara an hour ago I told you that your sister would not be allowed come along with us once we leave this planet. Consquently you almost let Kira regain control of you. Your sister stepped in and prevented that from happening and in the same stroke gave us a reason to take her along.

After speaking with Idun, she and I have determined that your sister's presences may be critical to you keeping Kira imprisoned in your mind. As such if you still wish, Elaina may join the group and travel with us. There is a condition, Elaina will be taught by you under our supervision how to fight. Her training will begin tonight, and continue everyday until she has gain enough skill not to endanger anyone around her in a fight.

*Heimdall then looked at Elaina*

Heimdall: The final decision of course is yours Elaina. You should know that the quest we are on is very dangerous and eventually you will be force to take someone's life.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-06-2005, 10:26 PM   #137
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Guy: I don't know what you're talking about. I was never with the group of mercernaries that captured you - they were hunting me as well, you recall.

K'Warra: Oh, but you saw it! You were there in spirit...one of those visions you have, I take it? They had precautions against those, you know...but they weren't expecting that little side trip we took.

((Ack, out of time, cutting off post >.>))

Old 01-07-2005, 01:40 AM   #138
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Drago arrives back at the ship. Once inside the airlock he addresses the AI.*

Drago: Asgardried, where is Lord Heimdall?

((Admiral, stop nit picking or I'll explain to everyone else how you butchered the mythology. ))

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!

Last edited by BattleDog; 01-08-2005 at 06:33 AM.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:21 AM   #139
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"It was my wish to join you," Elaina said quietly. Tanara nodded slowly.

"As she has no objection, I am willing," she said. "I would rather not cause any trouble. If Elaina's presence helps, perhaps it would be better to have her along."

My work in progress:

Old 01-07-2005, 09:22 AM   #140
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((BD: It's nitpicking not "not picking" , sorry I'm just having a bit of fun but I'll stop. As far as the mythology is concerned, of course I greatly changed it to serve my purpose for these RPG.))

Heimdall: Fine, then she may come along. We will assign her quarters and she can move any of her belongings into them. Begin Elaina's training tonight.

Idona: A bit of advice Tanara, remember how your fromer Master taught you and try to copy him/her.
---------------------------------------------------

Asgardried: He is here, at least for me since I am the ship. For you he is not here but there in the lounge. Although that may be to general, do you want his exact coordinates? Maybe directions as well as an estimate of how long it would take you if you encounter medium to light traffic along the way?

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-07-2005, 09:35 AM   #141
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt decided to take this chance to meet whoever they had left on the beach. He headed that way*

Old 01-08-2005, 06:39 AM   #142
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Drago frowns and raises an eyebrow.*

Drago: It's a perfectly reasonable question, since if he was on the top deck I'd not be able to get to him. Try using your logic processor more than your humor chip less.

*Drago heads towards the lounge.*

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-08-2005, 12:22 PM   #143
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Asgardried: Touche, you need to develope your sense of humor a little.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-08-2005, 03:08 PM   #144
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt arrived to where the ex-captives were standing*
Matt: So who are you people anyway?

Old 01-09-2005, 03:45 AM   #145
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Drago: When you've been around as long as I have you've heard all the jokes, good and bad.*

*Drago arrives in the lounge and waits until Heimdall and Idona have finished with Tanara.*

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-09-2005, 08:07 AM   #146
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Hot Topic Starter Roleplayer 
Orthos: We're going to be running out of room soon enough....

Deac: Purveyor of Fine Quality Postage Since 2001
Deac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2005, 10:01 AM   #147
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((Deac: Who is Orthos talking to?))

Heimdall to Tanara: Your sister will have the room across the hall from yours. Why don't you get her situated, we won't be long on this planet.

*Then he looks at Drago*

What do you want Drago?

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-09-2005, 03:44 PM   #148
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tanara nodded and led Elaina to her room.

((Will probably post more tomorrow night... don't have time now.))

My work in progress:

Old 01-10-2005, 12:43 AM   #149
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Drago: I wish to appologize, Lord Heimdall. I spoke out of turn ealier, it was most impolite of me. It is just that I... do not react... well to being called a fool.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-10-2005, 08:23 AM   #150
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Hot Topic Starter Roleplayer 
Orthos: Now I'm talking to myself....

Deac: Purveyor of Fine Quality Postage Since 2001
Deac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-10-2005, 09:32 AM   #151
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Heimdall: That is alright, but you do need to control your emotions and not let them control you. Is there anything else you wanted?

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-10-2005, 01:30 PM   #152
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
((Oooh! He's pushing it.))

Drago: I would like to ask permission to use your forge, our armour requires rapair and I do not think I will find the facilities I need on this planet.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-10-2005, 02:33 PM   #153
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((Drago is lucky Heimdall accepted his apology))

Heimdall: No you won't find the facilities you need on this planet, but I'm sure your legions have them. Have you contacted them yet?

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-10-2005, 05:28 PM   #154
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Simple but comfortable," Tanara was saying as she and Elaina left the ship and headed for the place Elaina had set the fighter down.

"Everything I... Kira wanted is in this," Elaina said. "She didn't want much, so it should all fit in there. But aren't we going to take this along?"

"I didn't ask," Tanara answered. "I think it would be better not to. There's a lot of history behind this fighter, but history is not enough to keep something from being destroyed. I'm afraid that is what would happen to it if we took it along."

"They'll dismantle it if we leave it!" Elaina objected. Tanara nodded thoughtfully.

"I'm sending it back to Coruscant with a message to Corbin," she finally said. Corbin was the man Elaina had seen before she set out to find Tanara.

Within about ten minutes, the little fighter lifted off and sped away.

"That's done," Tanara said, taking up some of Elaina's belongings and turning back toward the Asgardried's resting place. Elaina followed her.

"Ah, Elaina's back," he told himself. He approached it as it landed and was surprised to find it empty. Climbing into the cockpit, he groaned and unwittingly triggered Tanara's message for him.

"Greetings, Corbin. Do not be alarmed at Elaina's absence from the fighter. She has found me and will be staying with me. Look to her instructions for the ring she gave you upon her departure and see to it that the job is done when we return. I know not when it will be. Until then, be careful."

Corbin stared at Tanara's image in silence. Then he nodded and got out of the fighter. Sealing it shut behind him, he returned to his work.

My work in progress:

Old 01-11-2005, 01:52 AM   #155
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Drago: Yes I have, they should arrive on this world within the week. While we certainly have the neccessary facilities Hal will not be leaving with me and neither will his armour. While I don't expect he'll be using it in the near future I forsee a time when he will have need of it again.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-11-2005, 11:28 AM   #156
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((So everyone is aware and a can be a little more patient, Red at the moment has very limited computer access, hence why things are going a little slow.))

Heimdall: In that case have Hal place the pieces of his armor that need to be repaired outside his room. A droid will take them up to the forge and I'll repair them.

----------------------------------------------------

Vidar's Stateroom

*Vidar stood in the center of the room while Valda carefully removed his bandages to examine his wounds. Most were healed, but the couple major ones were still open, and bleeding a little*

Valda: I think one more treatment by Idun and you will be healed my lord.

Vidar: There is no need to be so formal Valda.

*Valda smiled warmly at Vidar and nodded her head*

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-11-2005, 12:59 PM   #157
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Drago: As you wish, my Lord. I feel I should warn you that Hal and Allessa are probably on there way here to ask if she may stay with him.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-11-2005, 04:13 PM   #158
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Heimdall: Thank you Drago, they are going to have a hard time to convince me to allow that.

Oh, before you go I want you to know something. What I said outside ealier was not intended to insult you but to keep some of the more impressionable minds out there open to possibliities they may not have thought of yet. Even that last comment was not so much for you but for Tanara. If you took offense to any of these, indeed it seems that you have at least to some of them, I apologize that was not my intent.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Vidar's Stateroom

*Valda is placing the the old bandages in a bin for disposal when there is a knock at the door.*

Vidar: Enter.

*Idun steps in looks at Vidar and then Valda*

Idun: How are you doing?

Vidar: Almost good as new, just a little tired.

*Vidar's legs suddenly give out on him, and he begins to fall, but Valda is immediatly by his side to support him, Idun a step behind. Together they help him onto his bed.

Idun: I came to finish up healing these wounds of yours, alright?

*Vidar nodded his consent.*

Idun: Alright let's begin.

*Valda helped Idun as she worked on Vidar's remaining wounds. The treatment took just ten minutes to complete, but left Idun exhausted. Vidar who was already tired long before hand was now fast asleep*

Idun: Well, I'm going to go the upper deck and sit down and rest for a little while.

Valda: I'm going to stay here, and keep an eye on him.

*Idun gave Valda a knowing smile*

Idun: When he wakes up, just make sure he rests.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-11-2005, 10:54 PM   #159
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((What Admiral said. ^^;;

Deac, where IS Orthos? ))

K'Warra: K'Warra K'laar, at your service. The boy with the big eyes is Cody and the short girl is Chere. I'm happy to see you're alive... My apologies, by the way.

Chere: *glaring at K'Warra* C'mon, Cody. I'll tell you what you missed the past few months. *She nods at Aidan and Marin* You two too. I wanna hear any news you have. *The four move off*

Marin: Actually...we don't have any news. We've been cut off from home since we left...

Aidan: I was hoping you could give us news.

Old 01-12-2005, 01:03 AM   #160
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Drago: You are very gracious, My Lord. It was nothing more than an unfortunate set of misunderstandings. On Allessa's behalf I would say that she and Hal... balance each other. By your leave, I will return to teaching Matt not to cut his toes off.

((Assuming Heimdall gives it.))

*Drago bows again and leaves.*

((He's happy, I'm just continuing the discussion in the other thread because I think its good for character developemnet. That plus I actually enjoy a reasoned debate.))

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RogueSquadron.net > 1. Community > RSRP > Postlude to Holocaust Part VI: Strangers