lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Postlude to Holocaust Part VI: Strangers
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-18-2005, 05:58 PM   #201
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((I meant that so far in this thread, two people have had to beg to be able to stay onboard. It kinda reminded me of the description a friend gave me of Survivor, never watched it myself))
*Matt took a drink from his canteen, which he had taken with him when he first wen to train*
Matt: Guess so. *He girnned* Maybe pretty soon I'll be able to beat you. Or at least last more than 3 moves.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2005, 11:11 PM   #202
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Hal arrives and addresses K'warra's question.*

Hal: No, they did it. The reason given is that otherwise 80% of the galaxy would suffer terribly. I don't think there are many here who are genuinly convinced.

----------------------------------------------

Drago: You might be able to beat me, in a few years. At the moment the most important lesson for you is to learn who you can and can't fight. If you can't fight a warrior leave him to someone who can. Then deal with someone else so that you'r friend's back is safe.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2005, 08:13 AM   #203
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Hot Topic Starter Roleplayer 
Orthos: Stow it, K'Warra. The reason I'm here is to tidy up this mess.

Deac: Purveyor of Fine Quality Postage Since 2001
Deac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2005, 11:50 AM   #204
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
*The drake listened to K'warra, Orthos, and Hal before deciding to speak*

Drake: It did not start with the mass slaughter of innocents but with the death of Odin. His death doomed this galaxy, and the Aesir in order to spare as many as possible destroyed the stars. It would have been more than eighty percent of the galaxy if it was possible.

Each passing hour, each day Fenrir, Hel, Loki become stronger. In a couple years time Hel will have enough power not only to resurrect the weak sith but to bring forth an army of dead Jotuns.

Those who survived the destruction of the Stars will be rounded up into camps. Where they will either be given to Fenrir as food, or be tortured to death, after working as slaves. All those that resist will be seperated and made to watch the torture and deaths of those they failed to protect. First to be killed will be children starting with the youngest, their bodies ripped apart while their families watch. Then the women, and then the men.

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

Official Forum Expert on Norse Mythology
As Odin says in the Hovamal:
"Praise no day 'til evening; no wife 'til on her pyre; no sword 'til tested;
no maid 'til bedded; no ice 'til crossed;
no ale 'til drunk."
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2005, 01:17 PM   #205
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Hal: I don not believe that the death of one man can doom the galaxy. Odin, great as he was, was not a god. There must have been another way. What if the Aesir had just destroyed the planets that had most of the Heloki and Jotans on? Are Hel or Fenrir Imortal?

The problem with prophecy is that its often self fulfilling, what if there was another means of defeating Loki and it was on one of the planets destroyed?

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-19-2005, 05:47 PM   #206
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Drake: Some prophecies are others are not, the ones the Aesir follow are not. As far as a weapon hidden on another world that could defeat Loki, think again. Loki, Fenrir, and Hel are immortal and can only be killed during the true Ragnarok, not this false one.

What would happen if the Aesir just destroyed the worlds that held the Jotuns and Heloki, exactly as I told you. Hel would raise them from the Jotun two years from this date, the Heloki in a year.

If there was another option available to the Aesir they would have taken it in a heartbeat regardless of how many lives it would cost them. There was not. When your older you will realize that sometimes you have to pick between two evils, that is what they had to do. Count yourself lucky that you do not have to make the same choice.

I find it funny that for one that does not believe in prophecies you are following the Aesir on a quest that was fore told in one of their prophecies.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-19-2005, 06:01 PM   #207
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt: All right. Any other pointers?

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 01-19-2005, 10:12 PM   #208
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
K'Warra: Fascinating. Immortals hitting the self-destruct button? Must've been a pretty convincing prophecy. Now, hmm, pardon me, but I really have to wonder how a mess like this could be 'tidied up'. I expect this 'quest' has something to do with that?

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-19-2005, 11:13 PM   #209
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Drago: Plenty, for the moment though lets join in the debate.

-------------------------------------------------

Hal: I did not say that I don't believe in prophecies, I said they aren't fixed. I saw Heimdall take Loki's eye out so he's not invulnerable. Show me undeniable proof and I will believe you.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-20-2005, 08:28 AM   #210
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Drake: You saw Heimdall wound Loki, what you're not seeing is that wound regenerating. Next time this group faces Loki, and there will be another time try and attacking him, you will find it futile.

Really the only one Loki has any fear of is Heimdall, but that is because of Heimdall's eyesight and hearing.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-20-2005, 12:34 PM   #211
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Hal, well we'll see.

*Drago and Matt arrive.*

Drago: Even Immortals can be stopped, even if they can't be killed. *He addresses the Drake.* There must even be some way of stopping you.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-20-2005, 06:01 PM   #212
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt: You guys seem to be good forgers, can't you build a chain or a cage that can hold him?

Old 01-21-2005, 06:04 AM   #213
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Drake: You can slow me down, but you won't be able to stop me if I want to do something.

*the Drakes turns his head to look at Matt*

How do you think they kepted them imprisoned for so long. Also it was the Aesir who made the chains and cages that kepted Fenrir, Loki, Hel, Nidhogg and the others imprisoned, not us. Also there is no longer anyone alive skilled enough to craft such devices.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-21-2005, 06:31 AM   #214
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Hal: Like Drago said, nothing is unstopable.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-21-2005, 08:31 AM   #215
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Drake: Ah the foolishness of the young, believe that if you want. You'll be wrong but that is your choice.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-21-2005, 01:02 PM   #216
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Hal: Surely it is more foolish to blindly believe what others tell you and worse still to believe there is no chance of you being wrong.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-21-2005, 05:32 PM   #217
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt: Them, technically. believe there's no chance of them being wrong.

Old 01-23-2005, 11:44 AM   #218
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Drake: Always ask questions Hal, even if you never voice them. However, when you do voice them take care in the wording you use, especially if you truely wish to understand. Then you will escape the foolishness of blindly following others.

*The Drakes turns his head to Matt*

By them I take you mean the Aesir? If so how do you know that?

no ale 'til drunk."

Last edited by Admiral; 01-24-2005 at 08:44 AM.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:56 PM   #219
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt shrugged*
Matt: Just a thought.

Old 01-24-2005, 12:47 AM   #220
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Hal: *To Drake.* Careful of the wording? Quite frankly I didn't understand anything you just said.

Drago: You are both being childish.

*He shakes his head in despair.*

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-24-2005, 08:42 AM   #221
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((BD: Who is Drago referring to?

I'm a little surprise that Hal can't understand what the Drake meant. Since the Drake told him to constantly ask questions, even if only to himself. When he does ask others take care in his wording so he doesn't offend the person he is asking.
--------------------

Oh, I forgot to put following in what the Drake said. This is purely due to me being sick and my head swiming at the moment))

*The Drake kept his gaze on Matt while speaking to Hal*

Drake: Even you should know that asking a person nicely will get you a better answer then being rude, that is all.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-24-2005, 05:36 PM   #222
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt stayed silent now, slightly creeped out by the fact that the Drake now appeared to be staring at him.*

Old 01-24-2005, 11:24 PM   #223
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
((In point of fact Drago is talking the Drake and Hal, because the Drake is displaying an amazing amount of arrogance and Hal is antagonizing him. As to Hal's comment, well what the Drake said, in substance doesn't quite make sense. Hal is supposed to ask questions but not voice them? Is the Drake say that Hal should question himself? I think I know what you're getting at but there is something wrong with that sentence.))

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-25-2005, 10:03 AM   #224
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

*K'Warra rolls his eyes.*

K'Warra: Technically, you're all wrong. Something your enemies - the ones who brought me here, not your undead armies - have realized, and you have not, is that the multiverse is a big, big place, and just because something is impossible in this one little dimension doesn't mean it's impossible everywhere else. Oh, and...Hal, was it? There is no such thing in the multiverse as undeniable proof. This is a fact I would think would be self-evident. But maybe your universe has been deprived of magic for a little too long.

Old 01-25-2005, 03:10 PM   #225
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
((Drum roll please...

one rpg at a time XD))

*From behind, to K'warra* "Or it hasn't been apart of it as much as any other dimension altogether to begin with... For example, this 'Mrear' you spoke of and Drago, how you knew him, it could be the possibility that the events that took place on 'Mrear' could be 100% the same. How ever, there could be any number of alternate 'universes' you speak of..."

*Sir-Vin stands in the doorway, leaning on the frame, holding his neck as if it were sore...
His wounds seemed to have healed, but his appearence was a bit rugged, clothes needed to be washed, his facal hair needed a shave, badly, just unsat to what a jedi would look like...*

Sir-Vin "Unless I misunderstand the concept of that 'mulituniverse', and someone has to 'brush' me up on it. You know, being out of action for a while..."

((you're cue on Cracern, admiral ^_^))

Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-25-2005, 05:13 PM   #226
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt smiled widely*
Matt: Look at you. How'd you feel now?

Old 01-26-2005, 12:56 AM   #227
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Drago makes a double take.*

Drago: I've seen you before somewhere as well! K'warra, just keep your mouth shut, you're nothing but trouble. The multiverse itself has little, if any, bearing on the current situation. We are concerned with armagedon in this dimension. I'll leave the other dimensions to the other Dragae

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-26-2005, 08:10 AM   #228
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Elaina and Tanara came to stand with the group. Tanara stared briefly at Sir-Vin, but quickly turned her gaze to Drago, who was speaking at the moment. Elaina glanced at him, but without knowing the past of this group, she was not surprised. She merely thought of him as yet another person she would eventually get to know.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2005, 04:19 PM   #229
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

*K'Warra grins*

K'Warra: So you are just as much of an idiot as I remember. Perhaps Jonathan - er, Guy - never explained this to you, but the people who brought me here against my will were affiliated with a vast organization that extends its reach across hundreds of thousands of different universes, including this one. Whether you like it or not, the big, bad outside world is knocking at your door. You're going to have to deal with it eventually.

*Looking at Sir-vin* First, nice to meet you, you look like you should be in bed. Second, I'm not talking about alternate realities so much as parallel universes, but hey, if you know something about those, why not include them too?

Old 01-26-2005, 05:25 PM   #230
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt: so what, they're like an inter-universal Black Sun?

Old 01-26-2005, 09:28 PM   #231
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Guy: Yes, something like that. The Syndicate sent Shadows to meet with Black Sun in the early days of contact with this galaxy, in fact, before that organization was shattered.

K'Warra: I guess you would know, eh? I guess you must also know by now just how pissed your former employers are at you. I mean, they spent years, no, decades implicitly trusting you and then they find out you'd been a double agent all that time? Right under their noses? What a slap in the face that must've been. They've sure diverted alot of funds into bringing you in. I'm almost nervous just standing within ten feet of you.

Old 01-26-2005, 11:20 PM   #232
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Drago: You haven't improved musch with age, either, K'warra. Of course there are shadows in this dimension, we have run into them once or twice, even before this big mess. So far though they've never shown much in the way of competence.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-27-2005, 08:37 AM   #233
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Guy: With the exception of me, my brother and sister, and one or two other members of that mercernary group, none of you but Heimdall, Marin and Aidan have directly encountered Shadows. Drago, you have never even seen one, unless you did so after I lost access to Syndicate databases several months ago. An incompetent Shadow is quickly eliminated, as the low-tier Shadow Heimdall encountered was when his group failed to capture the Asgardried, and partially destroyed their own scout ship in the process.

*K'Warra grins*

K'Warra: But perhaps he was making a comment on your work performance, Jonathan?

Guy: Drago is free to think what he wants of me.

Old 01-27-2005, 01:04 PM   #234
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Drago: How do you know the shadow saw me, Guy. Just for so you know, I haven't seen enough of you to form a proper opinion. Now I think you can see what I meant about getting rid of the gargoyle. He's stirring up trouble already.

Hal: We can't kill him for being a trouble maker, we can't kill him full stop and the Aesir are never going to listen to either of us.

Drago: We've been over that Hal, let it lie.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!

Last edited by BattleDog; 01-29-2005 at 11:56 AM.
Old 01-27-2005, 02:04 PM   #235
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((OOS: "blade", BD?

Also: I can't think of any way Drago would've actually encountered a Shadow. I'm assuming he's just confused because of the Black Sun parallel.))

K'Warra: *smiling* You seem to find it awfully hard to take sarcasm for someone who so casually calls others "childish". *to Hal* You normally kill troublemakers around this place? Harsh crowd.

Guy: *ignoring K'Warra and answering Drago* You haven't. You have an unusual life signature and it doesn't match anything in old Shadow databases. Further, I doubt you would recognize a Shadow if you saw one. Although if I'm wrong, feel free to tell me your account. I would find it interesting.

Old 01-27-2005, 03:44 PM   #236
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
Sir-Vin *answering to K'Warra's 'bed' comment* "Thanks for the offer, but I've been in one for a while it seems..."

*K'warra's comment to Hal.*

Sir-Vin "Seems he still takes things a little too serious. Although from looking at your circumstances, I wouldn't doubt him..."

Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2005, 12:33 PM   #237
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
((Typo, Red Black Sun is something Drago has some history with, remember his "normal" role was black opps.))

Drago: It was about thirty years ago during the Civil War. I saw him personnally through a sniper sight at a distance of about mile. We'd been on Coruscant investigating a deal Black Sun were making with an unknown quantity.

Obviously at this time Black Sun was pro Empire and the Rebellion has generally taken a dim view of drug pushers. We had a mole in the organization, what he told us was that this was really big. We didn't want Xizor getting his claw into another pie so I took down the newcomers and another sniper took down the local scum. No survivors.

We had good intel but a lot of it didn't make sense. When I met you I remembered and it all fell into place. They called themselves Shadows, you see.

Just another dirty little war story from another big ugly war.

Hal: Sir-Vin, if you can't string a sentance together properly yet I suggest you do go back to bed. *To K'warra.* I kill anything I have to.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-29-2005, 05:51 PM   #238
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((OOS: Well, no I don't remember. But what Drago's saying doesn't jibe with what Shadows would do, at all. The stupidest Shadow wouldn't be simply taken out by a sniper, at least not on official business (i.e. when they bring loads of protection).))

Guy: *looking at Drago strangely* None of the Shadows who met with Xizor's people were killed. The deal went nowhere because Black Sun collapsed before it could. Are you sure you remember this correctly?

K'Warra: You never know. "Shadow" isn't exactly the most creative choice as names go.

Guy: The Shadows didn't choose the name. Those who know of them did.

Old 01-29-2005, 08:07 PM   #239
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt: And tabloids aren't exactly known for their originality.

Old 01-30-2005, 09:41 AM   #240
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((I've been sick, hence the lack of replies.

Scar: Cracern, for all purposes is out of the story and heading back in time to where he meets the group in Cantina 6.

BD: ya, but again I'm sick and my brain doesn't want to work poperly))

*The Drake remains silent watching the exchanges with amusement in his eye*

no ale 'til drunk."
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RogueSquadron.net > 1. Community > RSRP > Postlude to Holocaust Part VI: Strangers