lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Postlude to Holocaust Part VI: Strangers
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-11-2005, 05:17 PM   #281
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((Red: Sorry, I meant that it was since Matt can probably figure out that if he's going to attack a tank-like man, a normal punch isn't gonna do it.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2005, 02:44 AM   #282
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
((
Quote:
Originally posted by Deac
[Red: You did it again. It's Gortick! I know they may be identical twins but that does not make them the same person]
CRAP. Why do I keep doing that?! They're totally different entities in my head...I don't even imagine them being built the same. (Gortick probably got alot more exercise than his twin. ) I don't know what's wrong with me...

JM: Gotcha, edited.))

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2005, 12:22 AM   #283
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt now used a force-agumented kick to the man's back.*

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 03-13-2005, 01:04 AM   #284
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((So he kicked Drago? o.O))

Old 03-13-2005, 04:14 PM   #285
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((The tank-man. I was running out of battery so I didn't type the whole thing.))

Old 03-13-2005, 05:22 PM   #286
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((Drago is on his back stabbing him...er...at least I thought he was x_X

...BD?))

Old 03-13-2005, 05:29 PM   #287
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((Oh wait, yeah he is.....I read BD's post wrong the first time.
*goes to edit*
*decides it's not worth the effort.*
Just disregard the previous post))
*Matt force-agument punches the tank-man's face again.*

Old 03-14-2005, 03:46 PM   #288
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

*Bright lights burst through the fog from K'Warra's position.

The tank-man's head swings to the side*

Tank-man: You shouldn't do that.

*He lifts Matt over his head and slams him bodily into the ground, stunning him.

The man in the white trenchcoat fires at Sir-vin from behind with both guns. Caught in crossfire, he is hit with multiple stun-bolts and dropped.

Outside the wall of force, Guy's ship continues to bombard the field, with no effect.

The gargoyle with the weapons platform keeps the others distracted with bolts of force. The white-trenchcoated man sprays the area with stun-bolts, keeping Hal away from the spellcasting elf as she turns and fires a burst of spells into the mist as Guy approaches. Guy tries to dodge the magic, able to half-see it with his second sight, but several spells hit him. The sandy beach reaches up to engulf the blind man.

K'Warra continues to struggle with snakes.

One of the ork twins drags Aidan through one of the portals, vanishing.

The other twin picks up her sword that Gortick had dropped. She smiles and puts it on her back. She picks up Gortick and heads through another portal.

The tank-man abandons his fight with Drago and hustles for another portal, carrying a half-conscious Matt.

The other attackers head back towards their portals, keeping each other covered with fire*

Old 03-14-2005, 04:11 PM   #289
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
((Sorry, I was finishing KOTOR. Now I have to get II))

*Hal continues to deflect bolts and spells back at the evles.*

*Drago delives a savage kick to tank man's leg and follows up with a brutal hack at his other leg as he leaves.*

*The House Gaurds Beserk and attack the weapons platform with the force and fury of ten men.*

((Whatever Admiral may turn them into Beserkers are men in the grip of the "Battle-madness" they basically cease to feel pain, fatigue or pretty much anything. The only way to stop them is mechanically, i.e. head off. Since they don't really tire their attacks are very ferocious and since they have no fear they take chances a normal warrior wouldn't

They're pretty bad.))

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2005, 04:31 PM   #290
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((Yeah BD, they are being stopped mechanically, with blasts of kinetic force. Any pain that might result from this is merely a side effect.

By the way you can't deflect spells (at least of this type) with lightsabers, so I'm assuming Hal is actually dodging.

Out of time, will reply later.))

Old 03-14-2005, 05:02 PM   #291
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((Also true beserkers have at times attacked their own allies. Often strip off armor and clothing. IT was common for them to cut themselves, and just charge their oppenents.

I have been very busy hence a lack of replies and I have to keep this short.))

*Moments after the forcefield was raised, the Asgardried cloaked, and tookoff. As the ship analyzes the field for potential weaknesses, the Aesir once again donned their armor, and headed towards the entrance ramp.

Not finding a viable weakspot to attack, the Asgardried fires it medium powered weaponry at the spots Guy's ship recently attacked*

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

Official Forum Expert on Norse Mythology
As Odin says in the Hovamal:
"Praise no day 'til evening; no wife 'til on her pyre; no sword 'til tested;
no maid 'til bedded; no ice 'til crossed;
no ale 'til drunk."
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2005, 02:29 AM   #292
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
Beach

*Sir-vin attempts to dodge the stun bolts aimed at him. It doesn't take long for him to relise that the barrage from three people just too much for him to dodge.

He suddenly feels a drain with the force, enough to cuase him reel from. Not even an instant thereafter he gets hit with several bolts and collapses onto the sand...*

Last edited by Kuuki; 03-24-2005 at 02:19 AM.
Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2005, 04:00 AM   #293
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
((Admiral: Yes, absolutly, however that all depends on exactly how beserk they go. I also suspect it has to do with what kind of beserker they are, magic mushrooms vs extrme battlefield stress.))

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 03-15-2005, 07:26 PM   #294
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((Scar: Disregarding post, not that it really matters. See discussion thread.

Everyone else: I moved the relevant discussion posts to the discussion thread. ))

*The tank-man weathers Drago's blows as he moves towards the portal and disappears through it, still carrying Matt.

The gargoyle with the weapons platform keeps the berserkers at bay with his cannons before disappearing through his own portal. The elf does the same to Hal.

The man in the white trenchcoat heads through the portal last, never ceasing his firing. His portal, the last one, closes in front of him as he backs through it.*

*The mass of snakes covering K'Warra fall away. K'Warra stumbles druggedly, magic lights sparkling around him. Pinprick wounds of dozens of snakebites cover his body.

The sand engulfing Guy falls away and he gasps for breath.

The blasts from Guy's ship and the Asgardried impact into the sand as the shimmering field collapses under the blows, or perhaps simply from loss of power.

Gray material adhering to Drago's blade where he had deeply hit the tank-man with it turns to dust and falls away*

((Anyone is free to post that you followed the attackers through the portals, but if you do, don't count on not being captured. Also, you'll be stranded in an enemy base with little to no chance of hiding.

Anyone stunned can specify when they wake up, because it's more convenient that way.

Next post storyline will be split appropriately, following the captives and main group separately.

Now that this is done, I want you all to keep in mind that the original plan was for this to happen on page TWO. TWO. ))

Old 03-15-2005, 07:49 PM   #295
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

((A tutu?))
Old 03-16-2005, 10:37 AM   #296
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Hot Topic Starter Roleplayer 
[Red: Sounds like fun...]

Asgardried, 00:20

Orthos: What the hell?

*He runs out as fast as he can, but by the time he gets to the beach there is only swirling sands and the signs of battle*

------------------------------
Asgardried, 00:28

*Ellela is making her way toward the exit, considering taking a stroll, but suddenly senses fear coming from Gortick*

Ellela: Damn.

*She uses the force to speed out, finally arriving just as the last portal is about to close, and, without thinking, leaps through*

Deac: Purveyor of Fine Quality Postage Since 2001
Deac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2005, 05:59 PM   #297
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt woke up shortly after they carried him through the portal.*

Old 03-20-2005, 01:46 AM   #298
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Beach

*K'Warra slurs something loudy and unintelligibly*

Guy: They've gone? Is everyone here? Is everyone alright?

----------

Through the Portals

*As Ellela leaps through the portal, she finds herself on an immense flight deck.

The attackers are all in a circle around the portals. Matt, Aidan and Gortick are being loaded onto robotic stretchers. Several droids and gray-suited humanoids stand over them.

The deck swarmed with humanoids, droids, and creatures of unknown origin.

Dozens of guns are pointed in Ellela's direction at once*

Old 03-20-2005, 09:40 AM   #299
Deac
Now in 4-D!

*Elella looks up*

Elella: Uh-oh. Hey...this isn't where I parked my speeder...

*Begins backing away slowly*

Old 03-22-2005, 04:48 PM   #300
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Drago knocks one of the House Guards on the head, then smashes his fist into the other one's jaw.*

Drago: They took Matt.

*Hal is leaning over Allessa, she is still unconcious.*

((Red: You chose when she wakes up.))

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 03-23-2005, 05:47 PM   #301
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((She can wake up whenever you want. XD))

Beach

Guy: What? They took him?

----------

Through the Portals

*The white-trenchoat man walks up to Ellela, both guns aimed at her*

Trenchcoat Man: Put your weapon down and you won't be injured.

Old 03-23-2005, 06:06 PM   #302
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Elella: Damn. Fine.

*Elella places her lightsaber slowly on the ground*

Elella: Just don't break it.

*Elella casts her mind back to a training manual Orthos had downloaded for her*

A jedi's weapon is the force...a lightsaber is merely a symbol of its potency...

Old 03-24-2005, 02:15 AM   #303
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Beach

*Sir-Vin sits up, he places a hand next to his temple. It had been too soon it seemed to get back into anysort of fray..

He spins his head around when he heard about Matt being abducted. He let's out a strong sigh, more at himself then anything.*

((oh yeah, red i finally edited my post. you should argee with it ^^))

Old 03-24-2005, 10:38 AM   #304
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Drago: Yes, through the portal. I don't see Gortick either, or Elella.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 03-24-2005, 03:00 PM   #305
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((BD: I haven't forgotten about explaining the Aesir's armor I just don't have time at the moment))

*The Asgardried continues to circle the beach under cloak. The ship does lower it's ramp and closes with the ground to allow Heimdall, Viddall, Svafa and Idona to jump down near the surf. Once they are off the ship the ramp is immediatly raised and the Asgardried again gains altitude. Unseen during this two Viking Class II fighters are launched from the Asgardried.

Heimdall and the three other Aesir head towards the remaining members of the group on the beach eyes constantly moving looking for possible threats.

The Drakes land on the beach joining the Aesir.*

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

Official Forum Expert on Norse Mythology
As Odin says in the Hovamal:
"Praise no day 'til evening; no wife 'til on her pyre; no sword 'til tested;
no maid 'til bedded; no ice 'til crossed;
no ale 'til drunk."
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2005, 12:01 AM   #306
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
10 year veteran! Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Tanara and Elaina soon joined the growing group on the beach. Both had deactivated their lightsabers, but still held them ready in preparation for another attack if one should come.

"From my perspective, they simply vanished," Elaina said. "Where did they go?"

"They went through some kind of portal," Tanara answered. "But where they ended up is something only they know, I think..." her voice trailed off thoughtfully.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-30-2005, 12:13 AM   #307
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Beach

*Several minature explosions in the sand mark the portal generators self-destructing. Simultaneously, a bright light appears in the sky.

The front section of Guy's ship breaks off and hovers next to him. The cockpit splits open and encloses Guy into itself.

K'Warra finally collapses on the ground.

Guy's voice comes from his ship*

Guy: Aidan, Ellela, Gortick and Matt are all missing. Our attackers are gone. Their ship has self-destructed. I cannot trace the portal destinations.

*A cocoon of white light appears around K'Warra's body and a new form rises out of it. The light dissipates, revealing a new double of K'Warra. The old body dissolves into so much more sand*

----------

Through the Portals

*A small mechanical robot scurries up and picks up Ellela's lightsaber*

Trenchcoat Man: Don't bother trying to use...what do you call it..."The Force." This base has top-of-the-line telekinetic and psychic suppressors. They don't even trust us with counters...

*A woman in a gray and black suit approaches.*

Woman: You captured four of the targets? Excellent work.

*A woman dressed in blue armor steps from a remaining open portal. Ellela recognizes her ((or not)) as the woman who shot the dark elf that K'Warra took control of during the Midgard attack*

Blue-armored Woman: Thanks for your congratulations, but a bonus might be more tangible evidence of gratitude.

Woman: If the ritual is successful you can expect a sizeable one.

Old 03-30-2005, 10:57 PM   #308
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt tensed slightly at the word 'ritual'*

Old 03-31-2005, 09:02 AM   #309
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Drago: Who are you? the Narrator?

*Allessa finally comes to.*

Allessa: What happened?

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 03-31-2005, 02:56 PM   #310
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Through Portals

Elella: Ritual?

Old 03-31-2005, 07:35 PM   #311
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"It would seem to have been a highly planned kidnapping," Tanara said in response to Allessa's question. Elaina shivered slightly, thinking to herself that her sister had shut off all emotion to say what she had. There had been almost no emotion in Tanara's voice when she spoke.

Elaina on the other hand was highly agitated. She kept silent to avoid giving that fact away, but inside, she wondered if their strange attackers would return for more of them. She sighed, frustrated that they had taken the one of the company who had been most like her; Matt. The only consolation she could find was that they had not taken Tanara. One left out of two wasn't bad.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 04-02-2005, 11:59 PM   #312
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Beach

*K'Warra laughs on the ground*

K'Warra: So this was the point. I wondered why they wouldn't just kill you outright. It would've been so much easier.

*Guy's ship unfolds itself and deposits him on the sand*

Guy: *to K'Warra* What do you know about this?

K'Warra: Not anything more than you do! But I can guess. Why do you think they didn't try to take me?

----------

Through the Portals

*The suited woman smiles at Ellela*

Woman: Yes. I regret to say we can't offer you a choice in the matter. Don't worry your pretty little head, it probably won't kill you. Naturally, I'd prefer it if it didn't. Any being is more valuable alive.

*The blue-armored woman frowns at the suited woman*

Blue-armored Woman: Pardon me for my impatience, Miss Aren, but when can we expect our pay?

Aren: Half your pay is waiting for you right now. You'll receive the other half upon successful completion of the ritual...and your bonus. *Aren points at Ellela* Restrain her.

*Mechanical beings march towards Ellela with cuffs*

Old 04-03-2005, 08:37 AM   #313
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Hal: Well could you tell us your guess? I'm more than a little concerned about what may be happening to my apprentice right now, not to mention the others.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 04-03-2005, 10:44 AM   #314
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Through the portal

Elella: Smart option is just to let them get me and hope I make it. But there's a right way, the wrong way...and the Starkiller way....

*She drops into a fighting stance*

Old 04-03-2005, 04:40 PM   #315
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Beach

K'Warra: Because you have something I don't.

*K'Warra sits up and crosses his legs*

K'Warra: Here's what I have figured out. Perhaps you can enlighten me on a few key details.

*He spreads his arms*

K'Warra: You believe this universe is ending. You won't give me any details, but you have a time frame and most likely a plan for survival, or there is no way you would continue to tolerate each others' company.

*He points at Hal*

K'Warra: You, Guy, and at least half the others here - including all three who were taken - carry magic in you. In a world where magic has apparently been bound for eons, I must guess that this magic has something to do with your plan for surviving the end of the universe.

*K'Warra turns his head to look at Alessa*

K'Warra: The fact that your lover - whom you do seem to genuinely care for - doesn't carry this magic at all, nor Drago, means either you haven't had time to give it out yet, or you can't just hand it out. Or perhaps you personally aren't even aware of it and have no control over it whatsoever. *glancing at Guy* Maybe it's a secret for the privileged few.

*K'Warra smiles*

K'Warra: Either way, the logical conclusion is that your friends were kidnapped because others want this magic, and are willing to take it by any means necessary.

----------

Through the Portals

*Aren shakes her head*

Aren: Don't be foolish, humanoid.

*A bank of guns lowers and aims at Ellela*

Aren: Unless you're extremely stupid, which I grant is a possibility, you know that you have absolutely no chance.

Last edited by Redwing; 04-03-2005 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:59 AM   #316
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Elella: Fine.

*She drops her hands*

Elella: I hope you rot in the hells.

Old 04-04-2005, 03:48 PM   #317
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Hal: First of all, she's my wife. Second, Guy mentioned something about magic.

*Looks at Guy*

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 04-11-2005, 08:30 PM   #318
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Beach

K'Warra: *flippantly* That's interesting.

Guy: *looking at K'Warra* You might be right. There's no reason why you wouldn't be. But there's no reason why you would, either. They took the easiest targets. They might have ignored Alessa because they've never fought her before. You'll recall she wasn't there when we, ah, first met. They could have simply been taken to use for bait in a trap.

----------

Through the Portals

Aren: That's not very pleasant. Fortunately, as an outsider, I don't have to worry about your 'hells'.

*Manacles bind Ellela's wrists and legs*

Old 04-11-2005, 08:37 PM   #319
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tanara frowned thoughtfully. "Their having never fought somebody explains why they left Elaina alone..." her words trailed off uncertainly.

"But what excuse do they have for leaving the rest of you alone?" Elaina asked, completing her sister's thoughts.

My work in progress:

Old 04-12-2005, 11:38 AM   #320
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Elella: If we're supposed to be "pleasant", what's with the kidnapping and the likelihood of torture?

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RogueSquadron.net > 1. Community > RSRP > Postlude to Holocaust Part VI: Strangers