lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: MECK Project - Enter Jabba's Palace side quest
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-21-2004, 11:26 PM   #41
Xavier2
Forumite

Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Quote:
Originally posted by artik88
i finished with the Appearence.2da file but the heads.2da is odd, the numbering doesnt match, ex. i already have #107 etc filled in by the Clone/Storm mod
My mistake. the row#107 in heads.2da is the actual stormtrooper head. I am correcting the post.
Xavier2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 12:49 AM   #42
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Hey Xavier2 and everyone else.

I figured this would come up so to try to beat 'most' of the on-rush of .2da merging, I've already done it.

Download Merged [MECK] Storm-Clone Trooper and Jabba's Palace .2da Files (17.3kb)

These .2da's are based off of the merged files I did for the Trooper Mods, so if you're using it, just overwrite it with this one. READ THE README - any other mod using these .2da's will have to be edited further...

referral thread:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...hreadid=141110

And like last time, any and all members of the [MECK] Project Team and/or Holowan Laboratories (with permission from [MECK]) has my permission to post/host/modify this file on their site(s) and/or use in their future Mods. ONLY the 2 mentioned parties have this permission.

I don't know if you have a site yet Xavier2, so I'll host it on my server till you get one setup or another of your [MECK] Teammates wants to host it. OR, feel free to post it at pcgamemods (I won't). It would be better for it to be listed under your username so pplz can find it easier (just mention my little name in your readme if you do, please)... ONLY Xavier2 has this permission... (same goes for you Prime for the Trooper merged files)

The link to the file will ONLY be posted here until (if) it finds a home on a [MECK] member site (or THEY post it). And of course, I will remove this file at any of [MECK] Team's request...

-----------------------------------
I created this before I read about the heads.2da Row #107 entry, so it IS in the merged heads.2da. HOWEVER, I changed normalhead values in the appearance.2da to point to the proper lines.

There shouldn't be any problems keeping the line in there (of the merged files)...but removing it will cause you to have to re-enter values in this appearance.2da ...Best to leave it alone for now

Because this appearance.2da and Xavier2's original Rows (for Jabba Palace) are identical, no modyfing of .uti files (Subtype Values) are necesssary.

-----------------------------------
I STILL implore everyone to learn the .2da editing process (check out the referral thread posted above). I'm not always going to do this (especially if I'm busy working on my own mods) but I have a deep respect for the [MECK] Team and their Mods. Plus, I enjoy doing what little I can, when I can, to help out everyone here at Holowan. I'm sure everyone else here does as well

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 01:14 AM   #43
Xavier2
Forumite

Quote:
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
Hey Xavier2 and everyone else.

I figured this would come up so to try to beat 'most' of the on-rush of .2da merging, I've already done it.

------------------------ removed to save space ------------------
I STILL implore everyone to learn the .2da editing process (check out the referral thread posted above). I'm not always going to do this (especially if I'm busy working on my own mods) but I have a deep respect for the [MECK] Team and their Mods. Plus, I enjoy doing what little I can, when I can, to help out everyone here at Holowan. I'm sure everyone else here does as well
Thanks ChaiNZ. But i am cool if you post it in pcgamemods. Just as Mono_Giganto did with the DL-18 blaster pistol.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:23 AM   #44
MysticTeal96
Rookie

Impressive, Most Impressive! *nuff said*

Are there any plans to add some droids from the movies
say the SuperBattle droid from Ep2 or the interrigator droid from Ep4. Just a few suggestions!

Droids Rule!

"...at all cost, do not underestimate the Power of the Dark Side!"
MysticTeal96 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 07:42 AM   #45
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Current Game: Baldur's Gate EE
Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Perhaps you should check Xavier's work in progress.

Mono_Giganto is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 07:57 AM   #46
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally posted by MysticTeal96
Impressive, Most Impressive! *nuff said*

Are there any plans to add some droids from the movies
say the SuperBattle droid from Ep2 or the interrigator droid from Ep4. Just a few suggestions!

Droids Rule!
Are we talking about the droids from Xavier2's WIP thread?

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 09:12 AM   #47
MysticTeal96
Rookie

I just went through Xavier2's Wip, and he definately has the right Idea, although on the Sith droid model I think it would look better as a Super Battle Droid
And that covers the droid for the Clonewars fans but what about for use with the stormtroopers mod? No C3PO fans out there?

Anyway big droid fan, and just started working on a mod myself.
Thanks for the inspiration!

"...at all cost, do not underestimate the Power of the Dark Side!"
MysticTeal96 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 09:17 AM   #48
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Lets discuss this at the WIP thread.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 12-22-2004, 12:17 PM   #49
artik88

i need help, i got the mod to work, found the pilts, talked to the pigs that ambush me, talked the pig pilot to set the auto pilot and now nothing happens when i try to use the speeder.

"The darkness holding me tightly, until the sun rises up..."
artik88 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 01:45 PM   #50
Xavier2
Forumite

Quote:
Originally posted by artik88
i need help, i got the mod to work, found the pilts, talked to the pigs that ambush me, talked the pig pilot to set the auto pilot and now nothing happens when i try to use the speeder.

spoiler:
The dialog with the Gamorrean pilot is supposed to load an area, jabba_entrance, a few seconds after he starts running away. If the area is not loading check if the 'Modules' folder of your SwKotor directory have a file called jabba_entrance.mod.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:35 PM   #51
viscen
Rookie

spoiler:
lol i just went to the part where u find out ur raven and when u take ur mask off u take the boba fett helmit off lol

and i think i have found a bug with the shadow the knife on boba's leg the shadow is really long is this a known bug and im just wasting my time or is this new?

redneck computer tech: whats this thing called again? a coke holder?
viscen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 02:52 PM   #52
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I noticed the mask issue too, Xavier you should change the model variation if you ever rerelease this. I didn't realize it during my testing though, only once I tried equipping my equipable Revan's mask, and it gave me the Boba hlemet.

Old 12-22-2004, 05:23 PM   #53
Shrub91
Rookie

Chainz you're saying that people should learn how to edit .2da files well I can't because i have a Mac if someone could make a Mac version of Fred Tetra's KOTOR tool that would be kool

BTW: How do you get out of Jabba's palace? I think that's a bug too?
Shrub91 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 06:15 PM   #54
Xavier2
Forumite

Quote:
Originally posted by Shrub91
Chainz you're saying that people should learn how to edit .2da files well I can't because i have a Mac if someone could make a Mac version of Fred Tetra's KOTOR tool that would be kool

BTW: How do you get out of Jabba's palace? I think that's a bug too?
Without knowing in which point you supposedly got stuck it is impossible to say...Have you tried your way around, talked to everybody, read the journals, etc?

Anyway:
spoiler:
You are supposed to retrieve the novaldex unit from Jabba, then talk to the lieut and decide the fate of the pilots. After you make your decision look for a bith musician near a door and get back to the dune sea.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:46 PM   #55
Shrub91
Rookie

no, thx for the suggestion...I'll try that!
Shrub91 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-22-2004, 06:49 PM   #56
Xavier2
Forumite

Quote:
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
I noticed the mask issue too, Xavier you should change the model variation if you ever rerelease this. I didn't realize it during my testing though, only once I tried equipping my equipable Revan's mask, and it gave me the Boba hlemet.
Thanks for pointing that Mono. I am working on a 1.1 version to fix this.

Is there any other problem/thing i should fix?
Old 12-22-2004, 10:03 PM   #57
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Quote:
Originally posted by Shrub91
True Shrub91. I have a mac too (and pc for modding). So you're excused hehehe

Not sure if you know about the mac thread we have, but if you happen to find any tips or tricks on editing be sure to post it there (and I promise to do the same)....

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...hreadid=140931

@Xavier2
Quote:
Thanks ChaiNZ. But i am cool if you post it in pcgamemods. Just as Mono_Giganto did with the DL-18 blaster pistol.
True, but Mono was asked and it was a direct affect of the mod so...tell you what, I compromised. I still don't feel comfortable posting something (pcgamemods) that wasn't directly asked of me, so I added a link in the comments section of the Mod pointing to this thread and the download.

My server has more than enough space and bandwidth allowances (I've never reached over 7% of my allowed traffic ) so I have no problems hosting it

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 12-22-2004 at 10:41 PM.
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2004, 06:41 AM   #58
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
As requested, this mod is now mirrored at Warped Productions.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2004, 08:06 AM   #59
90SK
Universal Figment

Current Game: Tetris
Wow. AWESOME work with the mod!

90SK is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-23-2004, 04:09 PM   #60
viscen
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Xavier2
Thanks for pointing that Mono. I am working on a 1.1 version to fix this.

Is there any other problem/thing i should fix?
wow ur saying i actually found a bug? wow i feel smart again(j/k)

but anyway i havent found anything else except the shadow of the knife on boba's ankle is a little too long is this a known bug?

redneck computer tech: whats this thing called again? a coke holder?
viscen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2004, 02:44 PM   #61
sith_master2000

I have found a small problem, (no it's not technical or anything like that) when I am in Jabba's Chamber and he gets his Bounty Hunters too gut my throat with a rusty blunted knife (just an expression ) I can't win , I keep dying and only manage to kill one or two sometimes three Bounty Hunters. Now there are two possible reasons for this:

1) This particular bit is too hard
or
2) I suck and deserve to be gutted with a fish knife.

Is there any trick way of killing them?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion I gain strength,
Through strength I gain power,
Through power I gain victory,
Through victory my chains are broken,
The force shall free me...
sith_master2000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-29-2004, 03:30 PM   #62
Xavier2
Forumite

Quote:
Originally posted by sith_master2000
I have found a small problem, (no it's not technical or anything like that) when I am in Jabba's Chamber and he gets his Bounty Hunters too gut my throat with a rusty blunted knife (just an expression ) I can't win , I keep dying and only manage to kill one or two sometimes three Bounty Hunters. Now there are two possible reasons for this:

1) This particular bit is too hard
or
2) I suck and deserve to be gutted with a fish knife.

Is there any trick way of killing them?
I know what you mean, lol. Imagine the hell i went trhough to test the mod.

From the Readme:

"You won't need to be overpowered to finish the quest. Level 12 should be enough. Nevertheless a lot of combat tatics will be needed to survive this."

By combat tatics i meant use pause combat, steams and shields frequently. Pay a lot of attention to all your party health level. And choose carefully the position of your party in battle and which enemies will you take down first. If you let powerfull enemies to the end they will likely tear you apart.

"Choose your party wisely. They all have strong assets that could be usefull during combat."

By choose your party wisely i meant combine them well. i.e. One tatic that always work for me is to have Juhani and Canderous. While Canderous is hiding in one of the corners, Juhani uses force jump over and over across the room attacking two enemies. That way she is harder to hit and her blows are more powerfull.

Good luck
Old 12-30-2004, 10:17 AM   #63
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Or you can mine up the place and force-push people into the mines and stuff.

Old 12-30-2004, 10:38 AM   #64
ObiKast

Hey Xavier I lost my finish kotor saved game.
Im doing everything again, can you gimme the command to spawn the boba fett armor and his gun, for the giveitem cheat?

[ www.jedi-order.net ] [ http://www.jedi-order.net/forums/index.php?s= ]
-Jedi Knight of the Jedi Order
-Knew as Streen[JO]
Released Skins:
-Streen's personal clan skin
ObiKast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2004, 02:32 PM   #65
sith_master2000

Quote:
Originally posted by Xavier2
I know what you mean, lol. Imagine the hell i went trhough to test the mod.

From the Readme:

"You won't need to be overpowered to finish the quest. Level 12 should be enough. Nevertheless a lot of combat tatics will be needed to survive this."

By combat tatics i meant use pause combat, steams and shields frequently. Pay a lot of attention to all your party health level. And choose carefully the position of your party in battle and which enemies will you take down first. If you let powerfull enemies to the end they will likely tear you apart.

"Choose your party wisely. They all have strong assets that could be usefull during combat."

By choose your party wisely i meant combine them well. i.e. One tatic that always work for me is to have Juhani and Canderous. While Canderous is hiding in one of the corners, Juhani uses force jump over and over across the room attacking two enemies. That way she is harder to hit and her blows are more powerfull.

Good luck
Well thanks for the tips, I'll have to test these tactics out later today .

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion I gain strength,
Through strength I gain power,
Through power I gain victory,
Through victory my chains are broken,
The force shall free me...
sith_master2000 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-30-2004, 03:07 PM   #66
Xavier2
Forumite

Quote:
Originally posted by ObiKast
Hey Xavier I lost my finish kotor saved game.
Im doing everything again, can you gimme the command to spawn the boba fett armor and his gun, for the giveitem cheat?
g_w_blstrrfl099 and g_i_mask99.
Old 12-31-2004, 04:55 AM   #67
ObiKast

TY man.

[ www.jedi-order.net ] [ http://www.jedi-order.net/forums/index.php?s= ]
-Jedi Knight of the Jedi Order
-Knew as Streen[JO]
Released Skins:
-Streen's personal clan skin
ObiKast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2005, 09:04 PM   #68
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Hey Xavier2 Are you aware that the Boba helmet Has a conflict with the model files and image file with the stormtrooper helmet. Both use the
i_mask_099.mdl,
i_mask_099.mdx,
& ii_mask_099.tga files

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 01-01-2005, 11:18 PM   #69
Xavier2
Forumite

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkkender
Hey Xavier2 Are you aware that the Boba helmet Has a conflict with the model files and image file with the stormtrooper helmet. Both use the
i_mask_099.mdl,
i_mask_099.mdx,
& ii_mask_099.tga files
Thanks for pointing that out Darkkender.

That is too bad. I think both were made before we started to pay attention to compatibility issues.

Besides, Boba models were finished long before finishing the side quest part of the mod.

When i released the pack i had been working with areas, dialogs, scripts and such and just didn't noticed any incompatibilities with appearance files...

Could someone help Hex editing Boba Helmet to anything bellow i_mask_090, so we could make sort of another patch? I am so busy working on something else...
Old 01-02-2005, 08:44 AM   #70
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
I can do that for you Xavier2 I'll take a crack at it tonight.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 01-02-2005, 04:18 PM   #71
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
I love it when I go on vacation and come back with so many new mods, awesome job

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2005, 06:32 AM   #72
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Hey X2 do you want me to go ahead and post the patch on pcgamemods or email it to you first. I chose to rename it model type 80.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 01-03-2005, 08:15 AM   #73
Xavier2
Forumite

Quote:
Hey X2 do you want me to go ahead and post the patch on pcgamemods or email it to you first. I chose to rename it model type 80.
Whatever you're happy with Darkkender. If you don't mind releasing it i would also ask you to add the compatible appearance.2da ChaiNZ kindly edited for us.

Just name it patch v1.1 , so ppl can keep track of it and it would be fine.

Thanks for the help you're da 'man'
Old 01-03-2005, 08:52 AM   #74
Mono_Giganto
Giant Monkey of Doom™

Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
I think that conflicts with the Clonetroopers and one of svosh's mods as well.

Old 01-03-2005, 09:04 AM   #75
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
I'll double check that with the clonetroopers. By the way do you want me to include the updated DL-18 with the patched version Mono?

*edit*

You were right Mono about the helmet I changed it to 86 which does not conflict with any of the mods in my various modding directories. Also I have gone ahead and included the updated DL-18 as Xavier2 had promised it in the v1.1 patch wich I am releasing to pcgamemods shortly.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin

Last edited by Darkkender; 01-03-2005 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:10 AM   #76
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Okay The Revisions have been done and version 1.1 is up at pcgamemods.com. The revisions include Xavier2's original update patch, Mono Giganto's DL-18 update skin, Chainz.2da's merged 2da files for all of the MECK projects, and The Boba Fett Helmet model now does not conflict with any of the other Mask or Helmet Models in the MECK Project or with T7's & svosh's masks to my knowledge.(I could have missed a mod by them)

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 01-03-2005, 12:38 PM   #77
StoneDragon
Rookie

Can you post the link?

LOTR and SW fan.

"We will die fighting with honor not with jealousy or for the lust of blood but for our love ones and for the innocent."

Hardcore gamer.

http://lauren.barelyfitz.com/pics/matrix-laugh.jpg

http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/heart2.gif
StoneDragon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2005, 02:47 PM   #78
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Re: a happy boba fool

Quote:
Originally posted by viscen
thank you for your help, i found out the problem when i extracted the files the files went with them so i had to take them out of the files i just finished the quest

spoiler:
i tried to kill jabba as well didnt work out too well but he gave me what i wanted

thank you so much

and keep up the good work
I have the same problem. I can't get the pilots to appear in the docking bay. I'm sure i put the files into the right folders. Everything is there. I just can't see the damn pilots.
How did you do to fix the problem viscen?

SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-03-2005, 03:23 PM   #79
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally posted by StoneDragon
Can you post the link?
Well you can't miss it when you visit pcgamemods.com and go to the KOTOR section it's at the top but here you go.http://www.pcgamemods.com/9468/

SpaceAlex I might ask do you have KOTOR Mod Manager?

If you do download the revised version from the link in this post and load jabba's palace with KMM.

Now another question would also be is this a new game that this is installed in or one that you already were playing and added the mod after going to different points in the game?

Many of the New Area Mods have glitches when loaded into already active games or saved games. While this is not the Rule it is sometimes best to have New Areas Loaded with new games alltogether.

Also Xavier2 had suggested to viscen to look at this picture for a clue.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...basPalace9.jpg

If there not there make certain everything is in the proper folder.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 01-03-2005, 07:00 PM   #80
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Looking at KMM, it looks like everything is in order, but i still can't see the pilots.
I tried to enter Tatooine from many different planets, i even used warp cheat on the Endar Spire level, but no luck. I even deleted all my addons in the override folder, hoping that would fix the problem.

I wonder what i'm doing wrong. I bet it's just some stupid mistake i made.

SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > MECK Project - Enter Jabba's Palace side quest