lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: MECK Project - Enter Jabba's Palace side quest
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-03-2005, 08:12 PM   #81
Xavier2
Forumite

Current Game: Mass Effect 2
Quote:
Originally posted by SpaceAlex
Looking at KMM, it looks like everything is in order, but i still can't see the pilots.
I tried to enter Tatooine from many different planets, i even used warp cheat on the Endar Spire level, but no luck. I even deleted all my addons in the override folder, hoping that would fix the problem.

I wonder what i'm doing wrong. I bet it's just some stupid mistake i made.
hmmm. Weird. As Darkkender stated you need to be in Tatooine for the first time to see them...

The only other thing i can think of is appearance.2da. The pilots appearance are new lines in that file, so if you are not using the one provided in the pack they won't appear.

You would also check if k_ptat17ab_enter.ncs and enter_dock.ncs are in your Override. These are the scripts responsable for the X-Wing spawn.
Xavier2 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2005, 02:43 AM   #82
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Quote:
Originally posted by Xavier2
You would also check if k_ptat17ab_enter.ncs and enter_dock.ncs are in your Override. These are the scripts responsable for the X-Wing spawn.
SpaceAlex, do (or did) you have T7's 6-pack lightsaber mod installed? It uses the same Tatooine trigger script (k_ptat17ab_enter.ncs), and if you overwrote Xavier2's script with T7's...the x-wing pilots won't spawn...

I had to make T7's darkside sabers appear elsewhere in the game (not to fond of using cheats unless to test)...

Also, if you're using RedHawke's Jawa Shop mod, I used Xavier2's "global.jrl" file (the newer one) and have had no problems with a possible 'conflict'....

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2005, 09:12 AM   #83
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
SpaceAlex, do (or did) you have T7's 6-pack lightsaber mod installed? It uses the same Tatooine trigger script (k_ptat17ab_enter.ncs), and if you overwrote Xavier2's script with T7's...the x-wing pilots won't spawn...

I had to make T7's darkside sabers appear elsewhere in the game (not to fond of using cheats unless to test)...

Also, if you're using RedHawke's Jawa Shop mod, I used Xavier2's "global.jrl" file (the newer one) and have had no problems with a possible 'conflict'....
Yes, i do have t7's lightsaber installed, but i changed the scripts as soon as i dled the pack. I made those Dak Jedi spawn on Kashyyyk.

And, like i've stated in my previous post, i deleted all my addons from the override folder and installed the jabba mod, but the pilots were still nowhere to be seen.

SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2005, 10:43 AM   #84
Xavier2
Forumite

Quote:
Yes, i do have t7's lightsaber installed, but i changed the scripts as soon as i dled the pack. I made those Dak Jedi spawn on Kashyyyk.

And, like i've stated in my previous post, i deleted all my addons from the override folder and installed the jabba mod, but the pilots were still nowhere to be seen.
Take a look in the appearance.2da then. The X-Wing pilots are rows 514, 515 and 516.

Another remote possibily is the utc files for X-Wing pilots NPC, but, since you seem to know your way on modding i take you are sure those are in your Override, right?

Other than that i really don't know what it could be...
Old 01-05-2005, 07:50 PM   #85
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
I don't know why that script doesn't work for me, but i fixed the problem now by making my own script.
I had to make those pilots spawn in the city instead of the docking bay. They appear there just fine.

Whatever the problem was, it's a completle mystery to me.

SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2005, 08:22 PM   #86
Xavier2
Forumite

Quote:
I don't know why that script doesn't work for me, but i fixed the problem now by making my own script.
I had to make those pilots spawn in the city instead of the docking bay. They appear there just fine.

Whatever the problem was, it's a completle mystery to me.
That is really spooky! I really don't know what may have been the problem...Maybe Darth333 and tk102 could figure this out...This is really out of my league.

At least you got it working. Could you send your custom made script to my e-mail? Up till now you seem to be the only one with this problem but it would be nice to have an alternative in case someone else has the same trouble..
Old 01-06-2005, 12:10 AM   #87
KaoruSoulreaper
Rookie

small problem when i enter jabbas palace none of the newmodels work and i have spent 4 hrs going over all the apearance 2da's and no nada every thing is perfect and merged into one bot like boba fet walks around in soldiers clothes and a clone trooper helm i dont get it!!!

Kaoru SoulReaper 45th warrior Daoc nimue midgard
Kaoru Nan'Drak 50th bs/regen scrapper CoH

Dark overlord of the SPORK. All shall be SPORKED!! /em rubber SPORK eye gouges all who doubt his word
SPORK
KaoruSoulreaper is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2005, 03:52 AM   #88
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally posted by KaoruSoulreaper
small problem when i enter jabbas palace none of the newmodels work and i have spent 4 hrs going over all the apearance 2da's and no nada every thing is perfect and merged into one bot like boba fet walks around in soldiers clothes and a clone trooper helm i dont get it!!!
Is this with the new updated version that I posted the other day or with the original version? If it is with the updated I'll go over it with a fine tooth coomb because that was part of the reason for the update. previously Boba's helmet was conflicting with the stormtrooper helmet and I had renamed and edited the model to a unused model name to correct this. Boba's appearance is a disguise effect generated by his helmet and if his helmet is not right then he will look like a soldier.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2005, 02:42 PM   #89
KaoruSoulreaper
Rookie

i just downloaded your patch and am reinstalling all of the mods ill post back to see what happens and isnt it conflicting with the clone trooper since boba walks around in a clone trooper helmet?

Dark overlord of the SPORK. All shall be SPORKED!! /em rubber SPORK eye gouges all who doubt his word
SPORK
Old 01-06-2005, 03:33 PM   #90
Xavier2
Forumite

Quote:
Originally posted by KaoruSoulreaper
i just downloaded your patch and am reinstalling all of the mods ill post back to see what happens and isnt it conflicting with the clone trooper since boba walks around in a clone trooper helmet?
Hey Darkkender i noticed it just about now. You changed the model to i_mask_086 but the uti is still g_i_mask80, pointing to a 80 model variation. Also the pack still has a i_mask_080.mdl/mdx in it.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:41 PM   #91
KaoruSoulreaper
Rookie

I tinkered around with it and......It works i patched it consulted all the apperance 2das and after 4+ hours it works and is compatible with every mod i got on the games Juhanis st,make (carth,mission,cand) a jedi mod to name a few and i have to say this BLOODY AWSOME MOD!

SPORK
Old 01-07-2005, 02:50 AM   #92
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally posted by Xavier2
Hey Darkkender i noticed it just about now. You changed the model to i_mask_086 but the uti is still g_i_mask80, pointing to a 80 model variation. Also the pack still has a i_mask_080.mdl/mdx in it.
I was just going to post a stop downloading notice because after KaoruSoulreaper had his problem and I got home and checked the copy that got uploaded I discovered it had been the first one I had archived which had been missing a few of the files. Instead of it overwriting the archive when I had repacked it, it saved the RAR to a subdirectory.( Sometimes I really hate computers.)

Look for an update to be loaded saturday night or sunday afternoon. I suppose this is a good oppurtunity to ask if you have those updated Republic helmets available to add in and I'll throw it into the corrected upload.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 01-07-2005, 08:48 AM   #93
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Version 1.11 uploaded with the fix.

Ok I've uploaded version 1.11 which has fixed the above mentioned problem and removed the model 80 references and models. Sorry about that minor detail.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 01-07-2005, 09:03 AM   #94
Xavier2
Forumite

Re: Version 1.11 uploaded with the fix.

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkkender
Ok I've uploaded version 1.11 which has fixed the above mentioned problem and removed the model 80 references and models. Sorry about that minor detail.
Thanks again for all the help. I really apreciate it. That's is why being a part of this community is so addicting.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:08 AM   #95
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
I know. I just happened to be able to access my secondary modding machine which I can upload from.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 01-22-2005, 05:14 AM   #96
jackali
Lurker

Angry Gammorean Piolt

When I try to talk to the gammorean guard, nothing happens... whats wrong?
jackali is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2005, 06:51 AM   #97
Xavier2
Forumite

Re: Gammorean Piolt

Quote:
Originally posted by jackali
When I try to talk to the gammorean guard, nothing happens... whats wrong?
spoiler:
You need to engage in the Gamorrean ambush side quest (the one in the speeder junk) and choose a certain dialog option, otherwise you can't move forward. That's where this mod blends with the default game.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:30 AM   #98
jackali
Lurker

I've already done that sidequest!
jackali is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-22-2005, 09:57 AM   #99
Durge
Rookie

Thats why it mentioned that you have to start a new game in order for this mod to worrk right.

If you need me I went that-a-way--------->
Durge is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2005, 08:03 PM   #100
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

I've done everything, but do the Jawa shop, for Tatoonie, but this mod has me stumped, after I talk to the speeder pilot. But, I can get to the palace entrance, but they aren't letting me in. Also, the Gamorreans are blue, not red. I can't talk to them, they just look at me. Help, please.

When everything else fails, CHEAT!
Sgt. Strike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-05-2005, 08:08 PM   #101
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sgt. Strike
I've done everything, but do the Jawa shop, for Tatoonie, but this mod has me stumped, after I talk to the speeder pilot. But, I can get to the palace entrance, but they aren't letting me in. Also, the Gamorreans are blue, not red. I can't talk to them, they just look at me. Help, please.
To get in, I believe you have to either have a high persuade... or threaten to beat him senseless if no other option is available...

Old 03-05-2005, 08:28 PM   #102
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

Should I go back, to a previous saved game, complete the Jawa shop mission, then do the Jabba Palace one? Or just boost my persuade up by editing the game? I can't even talk to the guards right outside the entrance, at the moment. That's what I'm asking.

Old 03-05-2005, 08:49 PM   #103
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Quote:
Should I go back, to a previous saved game, complete the Jawa shop mission, then do the Jabba Palace one? Or just boost my persuade up by editing the game? I can't even talk to the guards right outside the entrance, at the moment. That's what I'm asking.
Ouch..
Is there a twilek there (Bib Fortuna)? He's usually the one that let me into the palace (by persuade or threat).
As far as I remember (it's been awhile since I've played it) the Gamorreans pretty much stand there as 'meat shileds'... I don't think they have a dialogue that's part of entering...

Old 03-05-2005, 09:21 PM   #104
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

I'll give it another try when I get that far, won't take me too long. Last I checked Bib Fortuna wasn't there. I do have the original from pcgameworld, and also the update, 1.11. Is there another one after that?

Old 03-05-2005, 09:38 PM   #105
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Quote:
I'll give it another try when I get that far, won't take me too long. Last I checked Bib Fortuna wasn't there. I do have the original from pcgameworld, and also the update, 1.11. Is there another one after that?
no, v1.11 is the latest...but if Bib Fortuna isn't there...that's probably the reason.
I'm pretty sure he's the "Gatekeeper" and the only means to get inside the palace...

Old 03-05-2005, 10:19 PM   #106
Sgt. Strike
Rookie

I'll do everything before I do that particular mission, on Tatoonie. Maybe that'll help even more.

Old 03-07-2005, 09:52 AM   #107
Xavier2
Forumite

Hello Guys! Long time no see...I am back to help the friend here. Off topic i know but i don't have a TSL copy yet so i guess i won't be in the community for awhile. Plus, i just discovered SWG and i can't stop playing it!

Now to the side quest. As ChaiNz stated Sgt. Strike, Bib Fortuna is the gate keeper. If he isn't there, likely his model and skin files aren't in your Override folder. Look for BibForH.mdx/mdl and PMBJ97.tga.

Besides his appearance should also be referenced in a file called appearance.2da. Be sure to use, either the one contained in the pack and its patches, or the one in The Insidious Plot side quest.

And about completing any missions in Tatooine, don't worry you don't need to, unless you need to gear and power-up for the challenge.

Xavier2 out....
Old 03-25-2006, 12:35 PM   #108
jaredhimself31
Rookie

Is there any way to access the new baggy jedi robe model without messing up the begining of the game on the Endar Spire? that model whomever made it I must give major props to
jaredhimself31 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2006, 04:34 PM   #109
deathdisco
Bastards of Young

Veteran Modder Contest winner - Modding 
IIRC, all you have to do is extract these files to your "override" directory:

pmbil.mdl
pmbil.mdx
pmbim.mdl
pmbim.mdx
pmbis.mdl
pmbis.mdx
pmbi01.tga
pmbi02.tga
pmbi03.tga
pmbi04.tga

That will replace all the standard(brown, red, black, and blue) robes in the game.

EDIT: You are talking about "The Insidious Plot"(new Jedi robe models come with this mod) not the "Enter Jabba's Palace" mod right?

Last edited by deathdisco; 03-25-2006 at 04:47 PM.
deathdisco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2006, 01:33 PM   #110
NickBEC
Lurker

I seem to have a weird problem with the pc model when using this mod. I am trying to combine the Meet Athena mod for KOTOR 1 with this mod. However for some reason the PC seems to be replaced with a male model with a Boba Fett suit. While I can wear equpiment like Jedi robes and get the stats of them, my model is still only showing the Boba Fett model. The wierdest thing is, the character still sounds female and still has the portrait of the Athena model.

In case this somehow helps, in order to avoid conflict with the 2da files that both the Meet Athena and Jabba's Pallace had I inserted all the files for Jabba's Palalce first, then used the installer that came with Meet Athena to put the files from the Meet Athena mod. I believe the installer also inserts new lines into pre-existing 2da files to avoid conflict.

Last edited by NickBEC; 06-02-2006 at 02:41 PM.
NickBEC is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-05-2006, 04:57 PM   #111
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
The installer is supposed to insert new lines that is correct. However did you install the patch for this mod as there had been some appearance mismatch issues in the original release that the patch resolved. It could also be caused by Item conflicts of items having the same name so you may want to double check that only the 2da files have the same name.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 07-11-2006, 04:16 AM   #112
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
hey all, i just DLed this Mod and i'm not sure what to say, because i can't get into the palace. i spoke to the X-Wing pilots and even located the gammorean pilot in the dune seas, but when i try to talk with him, the screen just jumps and no dialog is initiated. can anyone help?

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2006, 11:43 AM   #113
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
I'm not sure RC it might be that you don't have the dialog file that it's looking for in the overide. It could also be that another mod overwrote it. You do have the latest version 1.11 I believe installed. This is the one that I uploaded at pcgamemods that is a couple of MB.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 07-11-2006, 12:15 PM   #114
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag

Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
oh, i didnt DL the patch. Thanks, DK. i'll try it now. one more thing: does the activation of this thing have anything to do with the gammorean ambush?

Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-11-2006, 12:39 PM   #115
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
It's been so long since I played through the mod or troubleshooted it that off the top of my head I'm unsure. I'll take a look this evening to help fill in some gaps for you.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 08-16-2006, 02:18 AM   #116
ThunderVicar
Lurker

Hey, I just bought KOTOR1 on PC and can't get this mod to work (pcgamemods is down, eh?)

So i was wondering if there was any links to it other than pcgamemods.com?

Thanks!
ThunderVicar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2006, 02:29 AM   #117
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Hello ThunderVicar...

You are in luck as the direct link to this mod was posted in our Mod Requests forum in the stuck PCGM link request thread.

I'm going to add the link to the first post in this thread as well as here.

http://pcgamemods.com/core/9226/MECK...bbaspalace.rar

Thanks for asking this in the mod release thread, many people just ignore these.

Welcome to the forums!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2006, 02:37 AM   #118
akuma7802
Rookie

i asked the question to Chainz by private message but i was wondering if it is possible to make the appearance.2da from Jabbapalace and the appearance.2da from holowan-plug-in compatible with each other. when i try the appearance of boba fetts armour and serveral other appearances of charaters r totally messed up. if there is a way i would thank u.

akuma7802 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-16-2006, 03:23 PM   #119
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by akuma7802
i asked the question to Chainz by private message but i was wondering if it is possible to make the appearance.2da from Jabbapalace and the appearance.2da from holowan-plug-in compatible with each other. when i try the appearance of boba fetts armour and serveral other appearances of charaters r totally messed up. if there is a way i would thank u.
If I can get my computer from crashing every 5 minutes this evening I can probably get it done for you since 2da compatibility was my primary function and participation with this mod.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 08-16-2006, 05:33 PM   #120
akuma7802
Rookie

wow great thanks darkkender i would grateful see i also got yavin and some other that i am using all together to make a very large mod and share it i also made it possible for the NPC (Carth , bastilla. etc.) to have light to darksides aligment. i will post screenshots just to see if they r ok note that i am still not that good at them but still trying so bear with me.

tell me what u think

Last edited by akuma7802; 08-17-2006 at 03:39 AM.
akuma7802 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > MECK Project - Enter Jabba's Palace side quest