lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Wishlist
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-03-2005, 07:42 PM   #1
OverlordAngelus

Cool Guy Wishlist

Personally I'm glad to have the game set during the OT and drawing some elements from the prequels.

Anyway, this is a list of what I'd like to see in the game.

1. For the space combat part of the game, lots of ships (Lucasarts, don't forget the huge selection of ships from the X-Wing series and Rebellion!).
2. A third side that could be smugglers (again using ships from the X-Wing series. Smuggler forces would be weak but also cheap (either money or points wise, depending on how the game works).
3. A scenario editor (this is an absolute MUST!) for ground and space battles but try not to make it so you need a degree in computer programming to use *cough*homeworld*cough*
4. Multiplayer (again a must!)
5. Maybe a method of play similiar to Galactic Conquest in Battlefront, only with more systems and planets? (this could also be done for multiplayer).
6. ABSOLUTELY NO GUNGANS!
7. Hero units (these would be nice to have in the scenario editor). Customizable heroes would also be nice to have in the editor.

As you can see, I am looking forward to the space combat section of the game more than the ground combat. Anyway, please feel free to list your own desires for this game.
OverlordAngelus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2005, 02:17 AM   #2
Nairb Notneb
Forumite

Customization is a must. I want to be able alter every unit and stat to my whim, even the planets.

I want to make scenarios.

That's the biggest deal for me. If I can do that then I will play the game forever and will get any xpac and any sequel.

Oh and multiplayer, but Darth Maul UK has confirmed that already. Thanks.

Go big or go home.
Nairb Notneb is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2005, 02:37 AM   #3
Raxor
Rookie

i think having some tunnels / caves would be fun, set up a little ambush in them. And maybe random maps as per swgb if thats possible.
Raxor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-04-2005, 10:32 AM   #4
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Good SP campaign. Lately, there hasn't been any RTS with an overall good SP campaign yet it is important.

Epicness. That's what video gaming has turned into now. We look for more cinematic experiences in our video games so it is a must for EaW.

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2005, 01:13 AM   #5
Pho3nix
#rekt

Forum Veteran 
I really have been wishing for a RTS with both Clone and OT timeline, The "new" addition that i'm most wishing for is 3D-graphics.

Pho3nix is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2005, 01:15 AM   #6
FroZticles
Veteran

I hope they cane catch the epic scale of star wars battles and also make gameplay suited for casual and hardcore players that keeps a thriving community for many years.

Age of Empires 3
vs
Empire at War
vs
Rise of Legends
vs
Battle for Middle-Earth 2

Let the battle begin.....

FroZticles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-06-2005, 07:26 PM   #7
OverlordAngelus

Two more items to go on my wishlist (seeing as a good portion of mine seem to be in the game from what I can tell).

The ability to assign a character to be the admiral or general of a task force. This would work exactly the same way as Rebellion. You can assign a character to a ship and they will provide a bonus that could give you a tactical edge you might need against a superior enemy.

A long with a scenario editor, a campaign editor is also a must. This would basically allow people to create their own campaign setup. So if I wanted I could create a campaign around the Thrawn Trilogy etc.
OverlordAngelus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-11-2005, 06:52 PM   #8
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
C&C style cutscenes.
One thing that would be cool would be ranks, like as you play through the game you start getting promoted,start getting more reinforcements if you call for them, maybe even win medals and have a little cutscene with vader and the emperor and stuff.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2005, 04:10 AM   #9
Lex

[list=1]
random maps
if buildings, build whereever you want(no fixed command centers, like in aom!!)
a lot of strategical imput(wheather, ground, exhaustion of troops ect.)[/list=1]

As long there is gravity, ride on....
Lex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2005, 04:32 AM   #10
romano
Lurker

stats for every character would be kool and also medals and war ribbons, cause they look kool.
romano is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2005, 06:33 AM   #11
Jan Gaarni
Grand Moff

LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
Keep in mind guys and gals (just making sure ) that this isn't your normal C&C RTS.

If anyone has tried it, think Imperium Galactica (1 and 2), and I think you'll be closer.

Empire At War Moderator
&
SWGalaxies Moderator

- What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
- May the pants be with you!

A smile is the shortest distance between people - Victor Borge!

Custom Avatar by Wraith 8
Jan Gaarni is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-13-2005, 08:23 AM   #12
starmark2k
Someone's Worse Nightmare

LFN Staff Member Roleplayer 
Re: Wishlist

Quote:
Originally posted by OverlordAngelus
Personally I'm glad to have the game set during the OT and drawing some elements from the prequels.

Anyway, this is a list of what I'd like to see in the game.

1. For the space combat part of the game, lots of ships (Lucasarts, don't forget the huge selection of ships from the X-Wing series and Rebellion!).
2. A third side that could be smugglers (again using ships from the X-Wing series. Smuggler forces would be weak but also cheap (either money or points wise, depending on how the game works).
3. A scenario editor (this is an absolute MUST!) for ground and space battles but try not to make it so you need a degree in computer programming to use *cough*homeworld*cough*
4. Multiplayer (again a must!)
5. Maybe a method of play similiar to Galactic Conquest in Battlefront, only with more systems and planets? (this could also be done for multiplayer).
6. ABSOLUTELY NO GUNGANS!
7. Hero units (these would be nice to have in the scenario editor). Customizable heroes would also be nice to have in the editor.

As you can see, I am looking forward to the space combat section of the game more than the ground combat. Anyway, please feel free to list your own desires for this game.
That is exactly what i would like. with both an instant action thing so you can go strait into fighting if you wanted.
starmark2k is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2005, 05:47 PM   #13
Curt-Man
Swoop?

all i want is customizable maps, big multiplayer abilities, lots of units, like i'm not talking a little skirmish i'm talking clone vs droids size wars. how hard is that, big battles customizable maps.

Curt-Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2005, 06:38 AM   #14
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves

Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
i want to see them make it so that battles in space and on ground can somewhat intertwine. ie, you can move some ships into position over the planet to offer artillery support, while using other friendly ships in the battle to protect them. or be able to create specific ground-based weapon platforms that are designed to attack ships in space (like the ion cannon in tesb).

that is what i would like to call depth in the battles.

See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2005, 08:42 AM   #15
swphreak
My cabbages!!!

10 year veteran! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran 
An option to have just space battle, ground battle, or both in skirmish/multiplayer mode.
swphreak is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-18-2005, 09:20 AM   #16
Nokill
Veteran

* ill yust have a cookie and some PIE! juice please *

Site: Clicky
Nokill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Empire At War > EaW General Discussion > Galactic Discussion > Wishlist