lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: character stuck
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-05-2005, 12:09 PM   #1
Strider74205

character stuck

Here's the situation:

On Korriban, just after defeating Uthura Ban and the other guy in Naga Sadow's Tomb. I went up the path and defeated the three sith that attack you there. Then I went inside and was attacked by the sith inside the academy and was doing quite well for myself when somebody force-pushed me which knocked me back far enough to make me go back through the door. Imagine my suprise as in the middle of the fight a new map loaded and I was back outside the academy.

Now here's the problem, I can't move my character. I can rotate the camera and open all the menus but he's stuck. Neither keyboard or the mouse will make him walk. I can't even go back through the door i was pushed through. On top of that it autosaved right there so when i load it its stuck in the same spot.

For now I'm going to go back to my last save but it was a while ago so I'll lose a lot of time. So if anyone can help me unstick my character it would be much appreciated.

Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I donít care, Iím still free. You canít take the sky from me. Take me out to the black. Tell Ďem I ainít cominí back. Burn the land And boil the sea. You canít take the sky from me. Have no place I can be Since I found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me.
Strider74205 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2005, 12:15 PM   #2
Darth333
Administraterror

First time I ever hear this. I think you got extremely bad lucky there.Can you switch the party leader to another party member and re-enter the academy? If your party members are not with you, try using the party selection screen.

If the above doesn't work, don't see what else you can do apart loading a new game.
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2005, 12:42 PM   #3
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

I apologize, and I don't mean to be laughing at your predicament (that's really odd), I just can't help but picture this battle in my mind when an enemy force pushes you through the door... I can just imagine the looks of bewilderment on their faces..."Hey!? Where'd they go?...hello?"

OK, joking aside... can you bring up the cheat console? Maybe you could try a "warp" code?

Anyone know off-hand what the proper area code would be? (assuming you can bring up the console)...

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2005, 01:21 PM   #4
Darth333
Administraterror

Didn't think of this ChAiNz.2da. Seems a good idea. Warp code for inside the Academy would be:
Code:
warp korr_m35aa
Old 01-05-2005, 03:03 PM   #5
Strider74205

Darth333: go ahead and laugh, its pretty funny.

even funnier: I used the party selection thing you suggested ChAiNz, and it worked like a charm. And then it happened AGAIN hahaha. The same SOB pushed me back through the door (i hadn't killed him the first time). Well my dude was stuck again but luckily i had juhani and carth with me so i switched to them and got my guy unstuck.

Thanks guys

Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I donít care, Iím still free. You canít take the sky from me. Take me out to the black. Tell Ďem I ainít cominí back. Burn the land And boil the sea. You canít take the sky from me. Have no place I can be Since I found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me.
Strider74205 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-05-2005, 03:26 PM   #6
Darth333
Administraterror

Quote:
Originally posted by Strider74205
Darth333: go ahead and laugh, its pretty funny.
I was laughing, just didn't mentionned it
Old 01-05-2005, 05:06 PM   #7
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Glad to see everything worked out!

Although it was Darth333's suggestion to switch party leaders

Now I'm off to see if I can replicate what happened to you, I just have to see this for myself! (now that I know it can be fixed)

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Trouble Shooting > The Work Bench > character stuck