lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Vampires of York: chapter 1, A Few Dark Shadows
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-07-2005, 07:51 PM   #81
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

(( Wow, can't believe I missed this. o.O Can I make a few recommendations if you wouldn't mind?

And most of these ideas I got from White Wolf's popular Vampire/Hunter series.

Vampiric super-strength and such rely on there infected blood, right? Perhaps a stake to the heart should weaken them, as it stops the blood flow. There super-blood not being able to flow through there veins in the state.

Another idea I liked in there Hunter Venue was "True Faith". It allowed a rare few humans to stand on even (or even greater sometimes) ground than Vampires. They had such amazing faith in there deity, be it God, Allah, Mohamed ect, that they were able to shield themselves from physical or mental injury, and even perhaps deal physical damage.

Some think that it is actually the power of the human mind, rather than a deity, that unlocks this power, there extraordinary faith opening previously sealed aspects of there brain.

This also made them capable of resisting feeding attempts by Vampires, able to project a powerful aura to repel them.

Though you would probably want to change some of it around to fit this story better. I think some of these concepts would be cool for characters. ))
Hiroki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2005, 12:04 PM   #82
Curt-Man
Swoop?

((well this is just a guess but i don't think this story was meant to be very fanatsy like, just that the vampires were stronger,faster and can jump higher than humans and can turn people, no crazy fanatsy thing, but i guess its mandalorian's thread not mine.))

Curt-Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-08-2005, 02:46 PM   #83
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

(( Well, the fact that there are creatures that drink the blood of humans and are killed by sunlight is "crazy fantasy" in itself. ))
Old 02-08-2005, 05:55 PM   #84
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((They don't drink exclusively the blood of humans and the sunlight thing is actually possible))

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-09-2005, 04:34 PM   #85
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

(( Well, still, humans who are infected by a virus that makes them drink the blood of ANY creature to survive is kind of crazy. And some people may have conditions were they are extremely sensitive to sunlight, but they don't friggen turn into ash when they get hit by it. :P

And the point was to give human Hunters a real decent fighting chance. They should be feared, and feared for a reason. And the power of the mind is a very real possibility, at least in the parameters this story sets. Though I recommend not stating it as mental prowess for sure, just to leave some mystery. Vamps shouldn’t really understand it either. The way it works though, has nothing to do with the power being Holy and the Vampire being evil, it damages anything it hits. ))
Old 02-09-2005, 09:52 PM   #86
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

Current Game: FFT (PS1 Version)
((Well I don't want to get into all the mystisism about vampires, threre's just too many variations and everyone playing will have their own idea of what a vampire should be. I like the Underworld aproach it's just cool.))

Three Hokusha vampires had been slain, the clan would not forget it. An investigation into the matter commenced imediately...

Carth woke up with blurry vision and bandages wrapped around his head. A nurse told him he'd be fine but sustained some major injuries. He told the nurse about how the vampires and how one of them bit another man, but Carth didn't and still doesn't know that they are in fact, vampires.

((I'll keep your ideas in mind for future races and factions, but for the time being we'll leave the humans and vampires as they are. I do like the sound of what your saying, Perhaps there can be a clan of vampire hunters who have developed these skills. We won't introduce anything new in this part though but definetly in part 2.))

((Okay, the clan will have informants in the hospital and eventually will hear about what happened as word get's around from the nurses and medical reports. Sabrina would know this and should probably want to get them out of there.))

Mandalorian54 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2005, 02:17 PM   #87
Curt-Man
Swoop?

((sounds good to me))

Jake tried to get up agin, he could nwo sit up but it still hurt, but as he did sit up a nurse came in and told him to lay back down and save his strenght, jake did so but felt he had energy burn but did as the nurse said, 'i mean who can resist a hot girl telling you to lay down?' jake thought.

Old 02-10-2005, 04:22 PM   #88
Darth NeoVenom
Fallen Jedi Master

(Out of Character: Yeah...Underworld is cool. Anyways, back to the RPG. I'm assuming it'z morning, right?)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sabrina went down a subway entrance and onto a platform. Making sure no one was looking, Sabrina and her friends exited the platform thru a tunnel. She then led the way to an old abandon room down in the sewers, in one of the tunnels. Once reaching there, Sabrina fixed a couple of wires to make the electricity flow thru the room. She flicked on the which. By looking around the room, Sabrina figured that it was used to monitor the subways that run underneath the city of York.
Sabrina walked over to a control console and brushed off some dust. "We are going to live here for now on. To make it more comfortable, we get some stuff...cautiously." She looked at two of her friends, Jennifer Benedict and Ryan Turner, two of her human friends. "You two are humans, so you can get us some stuff during the day."

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge." - Darth Maul
Darth NeoVenom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2005, 01:14 PM   #89
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Hey doc, can I get out of here for a bit?"
"Sure. But you have to come back, we still don't know if you're in nominal conditions."
With this Ethan left. The creatures they had fought seemed to be vampires and he would treat them as such. Of the old superstitions their hate of UV light was the one he was most willing to believe so he would have to buy a weapon and ammo now. He headed to a pawn shop his uncle owned.
"Hey Al, mind if I buy a gun?"
"Why?"
"Friend of mine's in trouble. He's in the hospital and I need to protect him. I don't trust the police on this one."
Al looked suspicious.
"All right. Take this one. But if I hear anything bad happened with one of these I'm turning you in. Or your mother'll kill me."
"Fair deal."
He took the sawed-off shotugn, hid it and ran back to the hospital, and checked in with the doctor.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 02-13-2005, 01:19 PM   #90
Curt-Man
Swoop?

((wow smuggling a sawed off shotgun into a hospital? impressive ))

After a few more hours of sleep Jake could get up and walk around, he started roaming the hospital, his body still hurt but he felt he would saty here a while longer, at least until he can be able to run and jump and stuff, especailly with those creatures around.

Old 02-13-2005, 01:25 PM   #91
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((He got dressed, he's not in a hospital robe. Plus the doctors aren't gonna suspect him bringing something, it's the hospital not an airport))

Old 02-13-2005, 01:29 PM   #92
Curt-Man
Swoop?

((well all depends on the hospital but true.))

Old 02-14-2005, 06:46 PM   #93
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Ethan entered his room again and saw that the bed had been made while he was out. This was good. He placed the shotgun between the matresses. Soon after the doctors came in and had a look at him.
"Well you look all right now, but we're going to keep you here overnight, just be sure."
"All right. Can I see my friend now?"
The doctors looked at each other.
"I suppose it can't do much harm. Go ahead. Your friend's up and about roaming the halls."
Ethan went out to look for him.

Old 02-15-2005, 12:11 PM   #94
Curt-Man
Swoop?

jake was walking normally now and he saw the other man that was there that night, jake walked up to him.
"hi, i'm jake, i was there last night, what where you doing there?"

Old 02-22-2005, 06:21 PM   #95
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Oh it's you. Well, I was on my way to the hotel from the airport." He seemed disappointed. "Sorry, I was expecting to see Carth. How's he doing?"

Old 02-23-2005, 11:40 AM   #96
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"i dunno, i haven't seen him, i passed out as soon as i arrived at the hospital but i assume he's still around here, probably same wing, we had the same kinds of injuries, come on we got to get to him and get us out of here before those things return."

Old 02-23-2005, 06:06 PM   #97
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Yeah. But we can't leave with Carth unconcious."

Old 02-26-2005, 07:55 AM   #98
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

((Sorry for not posting in so long, I just kept forgeting and procrastinating. Okay, smuggling a shotgun into the hospital...Just keep in mind that some of the doctors are informants for the Hokusha Clan and are keeping a close eye on the three of us. So at least make it seem like it's difficult to do things like smuggling in shotguns.))

===========
New Character
===========

Name: Claire Stryker
Human or Vampire: Vampire
Clan: Hokusha
Appearence: short straight blonde hair, the cutline at her jaw line. Medium lean build. Dresses in tight black leather complete with buckled boots and trenchcoat. Has a red tatoe of a raven on her back reaching from shoulderblade to shoulder blade about nine inches long.

Personality: She is quiet and almost depressed. More negative than posative but not completely unhappy.

Brief History: She was turned at a young age, she never knew her parrents and holds some bitterness towards that. She grew up in the Clan and became a skilled fighter and deadly killer. She spent the last few hundred years doing very dangerous missions and assassinations, now the clan asked her to go to the newest Clan territory.

Likes/Dislikes: Partying, danger / normal people, society

Strengths/Weaknesses: Physically strong, skilled fighter / emotional problems, low value for life

=============================================
=============================================

Claire was woken up early, it was in the evening and the sun was still up. Still she was needed. Her commander informed her about the situation in which three scouts did not return and their corpses had been found. Claire was in charge of investigating the matter and would be given several scouts and humans to command.

First off some suspects were in the hospital and needed to be questioned. Then those who were responsible would be taken to the Clan house where their punishment would be excecuted.

Claire set off right away, using underground passages to stay out of the sun. She headed for the hospital.

In the meantime Carth had been questioned by the nurses and nothing substantial could be found other than he was involved but not responsible for the Clan deaths. The other two patients would need to be questioned as well.

After the nurse left Carth tried to stand up, he felt like he was going to fall over and had to hold onto the railing on the side of his bed. This was no good, how long would he be in here? And what happened the night before? It didn't make sense. His mind was swirling and Carth decided to go back to bed.

Last edited by Mandalorian54; 02-26-2005 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-26-2005, 02:26 PM   #99
Curt-Man
Swoop?

Jake walked silently through the hospital looking form room to room until he finally found Carth asleep.
"Carth get up, we need to get out of here." Jake whisper/yelled to him. Jake looked around anxiously when he spotted a doctor eyeing them very oddly, Jake stared right back until the doctor finally turned away when he was talked to by a nurse.
"you know i'm starting to think those guys are closer then we'd like."

Old 02-26-2005, 08:18 PM   #100
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((Remember that it's sawed-off, just a little bigger than a handgun))

"You wake him up, I gotta go get my gun. Meet you at the lobby"
Ethan ran off back to his room. He bolted inside.

Old 02-27-2005, 06:48 AM   #101
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"gun?" Jake said suprised, then again tried to wake Carth, he shook him.
"get up man we need to get out of here." Jake was getting really worried now, he was starting to sweat.

Old 02-28-2005, 05:51 PM   #102
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

Carth woke up to find Jake shaking him, "Okay okay, I'm up. What's going on?"

Meanwhile, below them, Claire, accompanied by five vampire scouts and five human men, entered the hospital from a secret entrance in the basement. They all ascended the basement stair armed with pistols in hidden holsters concealed under their leather coats. As they made their way upwards they were met by hospital orderlies working with the Clan who informed them of the three patients to be questioned and the room numbers they were in.

Claire lead her men into the main lobby of the hospital where all but one vampire scout sat down to wait. Then that one scout and Claire made their way, lead by a doctor, to the upper floor where the patients were being held.

Old 02-28-2005, 06:45 PM   #103
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
When ethan arrived at the room a doctor was there waiting for him.
"Some police agents want to question you, so wait in your room for them."
"All right." Said ethan, feeling suspicious but knowing it'd be worse for him if he ran. He went into the room and immidiately grabbed the phone and dialed Carth's room. When they picked up he spoke quickly.
"Hey I'm getting held up here for some questions. You guys go ahead without me, You know the Grotto restaurant on Remington and Main? I'll meet you there."

Old 03-01-2005, 11:43 AM   #104
Curt-Man
Swoop?

The phone rang and Jake picked it up, listened then hung up.
"come on we got to get otu fo here, were heading to the grotto restaurant at Remington and Main, so lets get out of here." Jake threw Carth's clothes to him and then looked around and opened the window, they were a floor up, they could jump and be fine he thought to himself.

Old 03-01-2005, 02:00 PM   #105
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

Carth looked out the window, "Man I'm so not ready for this..." He climbed through and hung down before dropping. The landing was rough but no injuries, he moved out of the way and waited for Jake.

Claire and her fellow vampire arrived at Ethan's room. When Claire entered she showed Ethan an FBI badge, "I'm with the FBI," She said. "I'd just like to ask you a few questions about what happened to you last night." Her tone was gentle and she seemed nice, Ethan would have no reason to suspect she was a vampire, although perhaps she did dress a little unusual but still had the generic detective trenchcoat, as did her partner standing by the door.

"First of all I'd just like you to tell me what you remember."

Old 03-01-2005, 02:35 PM   #106
Curt-Man
Swoop?

Jake looked out to see Carth out of the way, Jake started climbing out when a docotor came by.
"hey, what are you doing!"
"ah crap!" Jake pretty much fell out of the window, he landed hard on his arm but grabbed Carth and started to run.
"come on, they'll be looking for us now" Jake looked at his arm " i don't think its broken, my other one is though"

Old 03-01-2005, 06:44 PM   #107
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Well, I'd just arrived here to see my friend, I'm driving to the hotel, and who do I see but him getting mugged, or attacked by a gang. So I stopped, and helped him out. " He shrugged. He knew he was lying, but he had gotten pretty good at it. Plus if he told them they were attacked by vampires they'd have him commited.
"They were probably on drugs or something, they seemed to withstand nearly anything. I read somwhere that some of these drugs can numb a person so that he can be shot 3 times and still keep on."

Old 03-02-2005, 09:06 AM   #108
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

"Damn it Jake," Carth said as they ran, "You've got a broken arm and we're running away from a hospital. Where are we going to go anyway? This is crazy." Carth seemed doubtful.

Meanwhile a doctor came to Ethan's room and wispered something to Claire's partner.

Claire continued her conversation with Ethan, "There were reports of gunfire, and all three of these men that attacked you were found dead. Do you know who had these guns or where they came from?" Just then Claire's partner motioned to her, "Just one second Ethan," She said and slipped away to the doorway. There Claire and her partner exchanged words and Claire returned while her partner departed. "Okay, go on."

Claire's partner headed down to the lobby and dispatched three of their human soldiers, since it was still day and the vampires could not leave the hospital.

((Lets say it's in the afternoon.))

Old 03-02-2005, 12:15 PM   #109
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"yeah it feels kinda wierd, but we are going to meet up with Ethan at the Grotto restaurant, ive been there a couple times, good chicken," Jake said while they ran to the side of a road, Jake saw a bus going to a bus stop down the street.
"come on we gotta catch that bus." Jake started running to get to the bus stop before the bus did.

Old 03-02-2005, 01:46 PM   #110
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Ethan stood up and went to the window. He saw Jake and Ethan chasing after a bus. Hoping they'd manage to catch it, he went back to the bed to avoid suspicion.

Old 03-03-2005, 01:03 PM   #111
Curt-Man
Swoop?

Jake caught the bus.
"hold on for a sec while my friend get here, thanks" Jake got out what change he had in his pockets.

when the bus started Jake turned to Carth.
"alright, i have a feeling that those guys were vampires, now before you say anything listen.
1. they had sharp and logn teeth
2. they movied with incredible speed
and 3. they ate our boss"

Old 03-06-2005, 01:16 PM   #112
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

Carth sat down beside Jake, when he heard what Jake said he laphed, "That's rediculous, vampires are just fiction." Carth shifted his wieght and turned a bit to face Jake better, "Okay, I saw the guy doing something to our boss but let's not jump to the conclusion that he was eating him. It was probably some cult loonies trying to scare us, lots of people do that whole drinking blood and gothic ritual stuff. Doesn't mean they're vampires. I never saw any teath but they could easily be fake. Haven't you seen any vampire movies, fake teeth." Carth turned and looked out the window, "This is just some weird stuff but I don't believe it's vampires."

Back at the hospital, Claire winced when Ethan brushed the curtain asside and looked out the window, letting in a bit of sunlight. Ethan didn't see this though since he was facing the other direction. When Ethan returned to his bed Claire gave him a look like she was expecting him to say something, "You heard the gunshots didn't you? The men who we found were killed by gun wounds."

Old 03-06-2005, 02:51 PM   #113
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"I had a gun with me, one of them grabbed it. I tackled him a little afterwards he could've shot himself. There was also someone else there. Looked like government, at least acted like one"
He was careful to avoid detailed descriptions, such as her gender, she had saved his ass he didn't want her arrested.

Old 03-06-2005, 11:23 PM   #114
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"whatever man, oh here we are." Jake got off the bus and headed into the restaurant, pulling his coat around his cast.
"table for three, we have one more person coming."
"right this way." Jake followed the woman to a table and sat down.

Old 03-09-2005, 07:34 AM   #115
Darth NeoVenom
Fallen Jedi Master

(Out of Character: Sorry about the delay in replying. Got caught up in things, but now I'm back.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

While it was daytime, Ryan and Jennifer travelled thru the tunnels that led to their old house. Sabrina gave them both spare guns she had as they quickly went and got stuff for their so-called new house in the sewers. Again..making sure no one was looking they made their way back to the abandon room. Sabrina kept awake as she waited for her friends to return. What has she gotten herself into, she kept thinking to herself. She shook this thought off as she continued to clean the room.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge." - Darth Maul
Darth NeoVenom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-10-2005, 07:52 PM   #116
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

"Alright, well I'm going to need you to write an account of everything you witnessed for the police report, I'm going to go visit your friends now. You just get some rest." Claire left the room and a doctor entered giving a pen and paper to Ethan for him to write down what had happened, the doctor left him alone to that.

Claire's partner met with her just outside Ethan's room, they wispered to one another but not loud enough that Ethan could hear. "I've sent three men after the suspects but they have fled."

"Begin a full scale search, get all our oporatives active and send out a police notice." Claire left for the hospital's basement from whence she came, her vampire scouts came with her, all except the one she had just been talking too.

Carth sat down beside Jake, "This is crazy, this is crazy. This makes no sense, we should just go to the police, they'll help us."

Old 03-10-2005, 08:45 PM   #117
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Ethan started writing, then soon as he was sure nobody would come in he made a call to the restaurant. He made a reservation for the three of them, describing Carth and jake, and told them that he would be arriving late.

He wrote almost a complete lie, saying that he was driving, saw what looked like a mugging gone wrong, with his friends involved, then fought for them. That his gun was soon knocked out of his hand, adn someone else arrived. He didn't mention any details on Sabrina, other than a description of her footwear. He pressed the 'call nurse' button and asked her to give that report to the cops.

Old 03-11-2005, 08:12 PM   #118
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"we could, but do you think they will tell us? i mean really, besides they won't do anyhting for a while by the time they do, they might attack us again." Jake oredered some stir fry noodles when the waitress came by.

Old 03-21-2005, 11:01 PM   #119
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

Carth groaned and burried his face in his hands with his elbows on the table. Stress was building up and he just didn't know what to do and didn't understand the situation. After thinking for a few seconds he looked up at Jake, "I don't know what to do Jake, I'm completely lost and nothing makes sense to me. These freakish people attack us and then we're in the hospital being questioned by the police. Why are we running away? Why don't we just co-oporate?"

Claire made her way back to the clan's base of operations, a mansion near the heart of York.

"Ah, Claire," An older vampire said when she emerged from the tunnel. "How goes the investigation?"

"Not so good Commander," She responded shaking her head, "Two of the suspects have escaped and third isn't fully co-oporating. We'll keep an eye on him and we're searching for the others."

The commander nodded and started walking into the hallway, Claire followed.

"What should we do if these suspects killed our scouts?" Claire asked looking up at the taller man.

"It depends on what they saw, and exaclty what happened. If they don't know anything but did kill our scouts, the police can handle it like a regular case. But if they know that our scouts were vampires...maybe we should get rid of them."

"I see," Claire stared at the ground for a few seconds just thinking. "I'll be working in my room until dark. Dane is working with the police now to try and bring the suspects in, once we interrogate them more and find out what they know we can wrap this case up."

The commander nodded, "Shouldn't be too dificult, good luck then." He started to turn away down another hall.

"You too," Claire said as she turned the other way and they parted.

Dane made his way back into the lobby where the other two human scouts were, just as he came up to them the three scouts he had sent out returned.

They came back out of breath, "Sorry sir," One of them said as they came up to Dane, "The other two suspects escaped."

"Okay," Dane acknowledged. "The police will pick them up sooner or later. Let's just treat this as a normal situation, there's no need to stress, there's nothing to worry about."

A pair of police men arrived shortly and went up stairs to see the suspect, a doctor showed them to Ethan's room and they entered.

Old 03-22-2005, 10:22 AM   #120
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"were running becuase.......i don't know actually, but i got a real bad vibe from soem of the doctors in there, and the police officers too, plus i don't care what you say, those guys that attacked us are not normal and staying in one place is not safe, we just have to wait for Ethan, then hitch a ride out of here."

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Star Wars Roleplaying > Vampires of York: chapter 1, A Few Dark Shadows