lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Vampires of York: chapter 1, A Few Dark Shadows
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-22-2005, 07:59 PM   #121
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

Current Game: FFT (PS1 Version)
Carth frowned and slumped his head on his hands with his elbows on the table, "What's taking Ethan so long?"

He just wondered about this whole situation, what happened to the normal life he used to live?

Last edited by Mandalorian54; 03-22-2005 at 10:34 PM.
Mandalorian54 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2005, 08:21 PM   #122
Curt-Man
Swoop?

((um isn't Ethan supoosed to be Carth's friend?))

Curt-Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-22-2005, 10:31 PM   #123
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

((um...I don't remember, lol. I'll back track and edit my post.))

Edit: AHAHAHAHAHA

He was suposed to be an old childhood friend... guess I made a mistake eh? ... k I'll edit my post.

Old 03-23-2005, 12:26 AM   #124
Curt-Man
Swoop?

(())

"i have no clue, i hope he gets out fine, i don't even know him, but he seems capabale enough to handle himself" Jake looked around the room again, nothing changed, no one suspicious looking, although that waitress was hot.

Old 03-23-2005, 08:08 AM   #125
Darth NeoVenom
Fallen Jedi Master

(Out of Character: Sorry...been going thru a lot...that'z why I haven't posted in a long time.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Making their way to the abandon room, Ryan and Jennifer saw a huge difference in the room. It was a lot cleaner then before. "So what you think?" Jennifer gave a smile. "How long we're going to stay down here?" asked Ryan. Sabrina sighed, "Whenever the coast is clear." Sabrina gave a weak smile to Ryan and Jennifer. "When it is night outside, I will investigate...keeping a low profile of course. I got to know where the others are at."

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge." - Darth Maul
Darth NeoVenom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-23-2005, 11:22 PM   #126
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

((Curt-Man, Carth doesn't know about Sabrina, he was uncocious. You could bring her up to Carth. ))

Two police officers entered Ethan's room, the first took a look at the statement while his partner looked Ethan over. After the first officer was finished reading he handed the note to his partner and they traded spaces.

"What do you think of it?" The first wispered into the other's ear.

Ethan didn't catch the next bit of wisperes but one of the officers suddenly spoke directly to Ethan, "We're going to have to take you down the station for more thourough examination, if you'll just come with us?"

Old 03-24-2005, 12:45 PM   #127
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"hmm, hey! were you conscious when that girl in leather showed up and well pretty much saved us?" Jake said excitedly.

Old 03-25-2005, 10:56 PM   #128
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

Carth gave Jake a strange look, "I was knocked out in the car crash, I woke up the next morning in the hospital..." He eyed Jake cautiously, "What girl?"

Old 03-26-2005, 11:12 PM   #129
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"i dunno, i didn't catch her name but she was all in leather and she seemed to know who these guys were, she was talking to them like she did."

Old 03-27-2005, 12:03 AM   #130
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

"I hope Ethan knows who she is, cuz I have no clue..." Carth fiddled with the menue for a bit, "Man I think I'll order something..."

Old 03-28-2005, 07:35 PM   #131
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"The docs said I was supposed to take it easy the next few days. You've got my statement, I've got some business to handle in-town, what more do you want?"

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-28-2005, 08:12 PM   #132
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

The two cops looked at each other, one of them glanced back at Ethan, "I duno..." He mumbled. "Do we need to take him to the station?" He kept his volume low, Ethan could barely hear him.

"Of corse we have to!" The second officer almost shouted but suddenly dropped to a wisper, "They need to..." Was all that could be heard before the wisper dropped below Ethan's audability.

After some exchanged wispers the first officer gave in, "Sorry son, you really need to come with us. The..." He paused for just a fraction of a second to carefully choose the word, a suspicious action, "...Detective, would like to talk to you more about the situation. It would really help with the investigation and we'd never hear the end of it if we just let you go."

"Anyway..." The other officer interupted, "You're comming with us weathor you like it or not so don't make us put on the cuffs."

((You still have that shot gun...but do you really want to be come a fugative?))

Old 03-28-2005, 11:27 PM   #133
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Am I being charged with something? If I am, tell me now."

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 03-31-2005, 12:12 PM   #134
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

The officer rolled his eyes, "No you're not being charged, but if you don't want to co-oporate I am going to place you under arrest." He folded his arms across his chest and waited for Ethan to decide.

Before Ethan could though, the other officer chipped in, "We just need to question you in more detail so why don't you be a good little boy and come with us before you make more trouble for yourself."

Old 04-01-2005, 07:08 AM   #135
Darth NeoVenom
Fallen Jedi Master

Back at the sewers, all Sabrina could do now was wait. Occasionally, her friends came back with more possessions and slowly the abandon room began to look more like a room in their old house. As Sabrina waited, her other friend Mina (who is a vampire as well) started talking to Sabrina, "Don't you sometimes think that we are cursed?" Sabrina looked to the floor in front of her as she sat on it. "Definitely...we can't enjoy daytime. We crave blood, and majority of our kind snack on innocent humans. You know what does the same thing? Wolves and other creatures at night." Mina didn't reply back but Sabrina spoke again, "But we have to look at the positive aspect of things. We can use our curse to help others."

Sabrina looked up at Mina. "Since the clan doesn't know who exactly killed their members, I can still travel by night. But we will continue living here just in case." When Sabrina finished talking, Ryan and Jennifer came into a room with a little portable container. "Good thing you brought that." Sabrina said. She open the top and inside where bags of blood. "Maybe in the future we don't need these anymore." Sabrina said as she looked up at Ryan and Jennifer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Out of Character: Maybe later on in the story, one of our characters will find a way for vampires not to crave blood. They can use some injection like in the first Blade movie. Just a thought...)

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge." - Darth Maul
Old 04-01-2005, 05:17 PM   #136
Curt-Man
Swoop?

(sounds good, alrighty, me and carth are stranded here, we can't do anything because we need either sabrina or ethan over here, so if you could hurry that up, that'd be great)

Old 04-01-2005, 07:35 PM   #137
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

((Well Ethan's going to be arrested or pull out his shotgun and become a wanted criminal. So no more than a couple posts will determine weathor or not we, Carth and Jake, are met by Ethan or leave assuming he's in trouble and can't make it.))

Old 04-01-2005, 10:44 PM   #138
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Can I call my business partners and telll them I'm not gonna make it?"

Old 04-02-2005, 01:10 AM   #139
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

The cop shrugged, "Of course you get your phone call." He gestured towards the door, "You can use the phone in the lobby."

Dane made a phone call to the police cheif's cell. The police had already been informed of the situation even before Claire had been dispatched. However, since the escape of two of the suspects the police network needed to be informed to keep an eye out. Carth and Jake were now fugatives, their homes would be watched, their friends questioned. They weren't going to do much in this city...except get caught.

The conversation had been straight to the point, strictly buisness. After Dane Hung up the phone He and his five goons headed for the basement, they didn't stay in the hospital for long. Their buisness was done, the cops would deal with the rest.

Underground tunnels were what the vampires used during the day to get around. Dane lead the way, the echo of every footstep on the stone floor rang off the walls and disapeared into the shadows. The tunnels were dimly lit with flikering broken lights and expired bulbs.

Finally they reached their destination. They opened a rusty door that screetched on it's hinges and ascended a creaky staircase covered in cobwebs. Their destination was a popular night club, Black Cellar, also home to the gang, Black Malice. Black Malice worked largly for the vampires but remained independant, and they owned the club.

Black Malice was among the strongest and largest of the many gangs in York. They were a very dark group, violent and cruel. Their own leader called himself Malice.

The public area of the club was vacant until night, the back of the club was even larger, an intricate network of hallways and rooms that housed all the buisness of the Gang.

Dane lead his men upstairs and down a hallway. The men waited outside while Dane went in.

"Dane." A slender man with long black hair and dressed in black welcomed the vampire.

"Cain, I have some work for you."

Old 04-02-2005, 11:38 AM   #140
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Ethan's call was short. He spoke to the waitress, who passed the message along to Carth and Jake.
"Tell them to check into a hotel, not to go back hom, and I'lll try to see them tomorrow."
After he hung up he explained to the policemen.
"If I don't make the deal they'll fly back home and I'll lose my chance."

Old 04-02-2005, 02:02 PM   #141
Darth NeoVenom
Fallen Jedi Master

(Out of Character: I'll hold up on posting for now until there is something Sabrina can do. I'll still be reading the story to see where things are at.)

Old 04-02-2005, 07:19 PM   #142
Curt-Man
Swoop?

A waitress came walking over.
"you are Carth and Jake?"
"yes we are."
"your friend says for you to check into a hotel and not go back home, he will see you tomorrow"
"well alrighty then, come on Carth lets get out of here." Jake stood up and grabbed his jacket.

Old 04-02-2005, 10:08 PM   #143
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

The two police men looked at Ethan confused, "What meeting, what are you talking about?"

Carth got up and followed Jake, "Where are we going to go? Obviously we can't go home we're running away from the cops." Carth scratched his head, "Which hotel? How will Jake know to meet us, he won't know what hotel we're in." He paced on the sidewalk in front of the restrant thinking to himself. Carth stopped and looked at Jake, "Okay, he must have been taken by the cops. So, after we've booked into a hotel we'll call someone else and send them to visit him and give him a message where to meet us. How's that sound?"

When Dane left the room he was joined by his men and they made their way back into the tunnels leaving the Black Cellar club behind.

Cain set about the work Dane had given him. The first thing Cain did was put on his trench coat and grab two pistols and some extra clips of ammo. The weapons were a precaution, he had no intention of using them or really any need for what he was about to do.

Cain left his room and entered the room across the hall where some of his friends and fellow gang members were hanging out. "Lorry, Vinny," Cain said pointing in turn to two of them, "We've got a small job to do, come with me."

Lorry pulled herself away from a guy she'd been making out with and put her coat on, Vinny set down a beer bottle and gave a girl a kiss goodbye on the cheek before grabbing his coat. The two of them followed Cain out of the room, and down the hall towards the stairs. Cain pulled out a cell phone as they reached the stairs and dialed a number.

As they descended the stairs another gang member picked up on the other end of the line. "Lorry, Vinny, and I are heading for the Hunter's Pub on Regal St. Meet us there in fifteen minutes, bring your firearm. We've got a little work to do." He hung up. Cain exited one of the Black Cellar's back exits followed by Lorry and Vinny.

Old 04-02-2005, 11:57 PM   #144
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"The business meeting I told you guys I'm supposed to be in right now? Remember? "

Old 04-03-2005, 12:16 AM   #145
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

The two police officers looked embarassed, "Oh right," One of them shrugged, "Yeah, sure you'll be able to go to your meeting tomorrow. We're not going to keep you over night or anything."

The other officer started toward the Hospital's main entrance and exit, the first officer waited for Ethan to follow, "Shall we?" He motioned with his hand for Ethan to follow the other officer.

Old 04-03-2005, 12:21 AM   #146
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Ethan shrugged and followed.

Old 04-03-2005, 01:07 PM   #147
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"sounds good, but who will we send, i haven't been able to talk to like, anyone really." Jake said.

Old 04-03-2005, 01:54 PM   #148
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

"We'll call someone from the hotel. Let's just get a room first." Carth looked over at Jake, "What are you going to do about your arm?". They made their way to the hotel, the sun was sinking and it was nearing nightfall.

The police officers put Ethan in the back of their crusier and headed for the police station. When they arrived Ethan was escorted into the building by the same two officers. They put him in an interrigation room and left him there alone for a few minutes.

A dective soon entered the room and starting asking Ethan questions, everything was being recorded in the room on the other side of the one way mirror.

"Ethan, your wrote that you were just driving along and saw a mugging gone wrong with your friend involved so you helped out and then somone else came...well, I've reviewed it but it doesn't explain how three people ended up dead. One of them with three bullets from your gun in him. Care to explain in a little more detail?" He slid the chair out and sat at the desk oposite Ethan.

Old 04-03-2005, 02:28 PM   #149
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Ethan now knew he was going to have to make something up.
"F***!" he screamed. "All right, you wanna know the truth, I'll tell you. But I want immunity and I want protection, and I don't want it to leave this room, ya hear me! IT DOES NOT LEAVE THIS ROOM!"

Old 04-03-2005, 08:22 PM   #150
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

The detective's eyes widened with a bit of surprise, but quickly calmed to an intimidating cool. "Whatever you say." He motioned to the glass and they stopped recording. "We're not your enemies unless you're a criminal, we're here to help you." But was he lying, or was he telling the truth?

((Ethan seems to know about vampires, it all depends on how much your character knew before the story began, maybe he knows how the system works, maybe he doesn't. Your call jokemaster.))

Old 04-03-2005, 10:48 PM   #151
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((Well I said he was slightly paranoid, so let's say he heard about it, and has a strong suspicion it's true.))

"All right, first I want complete and total immunity right here, right now. Then I don't want what I say here ever leave this room. Ever. You want to follow it up on your own, your funeral, but don't tell anyone about it. Not your wife, not your boss, not your mother, not your friends when you get together. Three, can someone get me some coffee?"

Old 04-03-2005, 10:54 PM   #152
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

The detective shifted in his seet and adjusted his tie, "I can't give you immunity. If you killed all those people or something like that, the law must be administered. You will get liniency for cooporating and confessing but I can't grant you immunity. So don't ask. But please go on, you've already started. You can't stop now."

Old 04-03-2005, 11:16 PM   #153
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"All right. I didn't kill those people. It all started back on the west coast, college, there'd been this big prank, and somebody had to take the fall. Some guy had lined up the whole gym walls with animal blood, and put a goddamn stake trap in the middle, which had been triggered during the night, the system demands someone take the fall. They lined up the usual suspects, me and some other guys, people who keep up their grades easily, but still have enough incidents in their records to keep them as suspects, or just people about to flunk who may have done it as a final 'Screw you'.

The guys who'd done it were a group of seniors, almost straight out of a movie, sullen eyes, complete outcasts, no respect for the system. They offered me 100,000 bucks and a trip here, my hometown, for free. So I accepted. I took the fall, got suspended for 2 semesters, and a couple dozen hours community service. " He paused. " Then it got really ****ed up."

((Pausing here cause I gotta go to bed.))

Old 04-04-2005, 12:07 AM   #154
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

((LOL good night jokemaster.))

The detective smiled and listened intently, sounded like it was going to be quite the story.

Cain, Lorry, and Vinny arrived at the Hunter's Pub, sitting in the middle of the bar was a muscular, tatooed, and dangerous man, called himself the Destructor. Destructor wasn't an easy name to use in a sentance, and not many people did, or called him by name. It was more something he was known as, not something you called him when you spoke to him. No one called him by any name. When you were speaking to him he knew you were speaking to him, because he either knew you, or you were pissing your pants.

Can and his two pals sat beside their large scarry friend at the bar, the seets around him had been empty.

"Here's the plan," Cain said, "We've got a couple of people on the run, we need to find them and find out what they know. If," Cain looked at the Destructor dead serious, "Only if the cops don't find them. Our main task is dealing with whoever needs dealing after the cops are done. The vampires are tring to keep a low profile on this one."

Destructor didn't speak, he rarely spoke, he just nodded his head.

Old 04-04-2005, 05:19 PM   #155
Curt-Man
Swoop?

"ive broken my arms many times playing football and rugby, so i know how it gets treated, it already has a cast on it so the hard parts done, um, we can't afford the greatest hotel, so you pick."

Old 04-04-2005, 09:24 PM   #156
Darth NeoVenom
Fallen Jedi Master

Fixing a bunch of wires in the abandon room, Sabrina's vampire instinct notified her that night was drawing closer as the minutes past. "Where are you going when night falls?" asked Jennifer to Sabrina. Sabrina didn't look away from the wiring she was doing but responded back, "I don't know where, but I have to notify someone about the attacks the Hokusha Clan vampires are committing. If this continues, who knows what they will do with the whole damn town."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Out of Character: Just out of curiosity, is Sabrina the only vampire that doesn't like what the Hokusha Clan is doing?)

Old 04-04-2005, 09:45 PM   #157
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

((OOC: Sabrina is not the only vampire who doesn't like what the Hokusha clan is doing, there are rival clans and other individual vampires. But Hokusha controls York so other clans don't interfear. You can make your own vampire friends to help you out if you want, you don't need to make character sheets though unless you want them to be main characters. Let's just say that there are rules and attacking random people is not allowed, even by the Hokusha clan. And that the three vampires who were killed did infact break this rule. If Hokusha finds that out they may be willing to pardon the offenders...emphasis on the may, which means they also may not. Right now thout Sabrina doesn't know what's been going on and she should know that Hokusha would investigate the matter so she should do some investigating herself. She's not an enemy of the Hokusha and they don't know she's involved. All though if the three humans were properly interrogated, which Sabrina has reason to believe, then they would know she was involved.

Okay so, here's how I see it from Sabrina's point of view:
(1)Sabrina thinks the Hokusha clan knows she's involved and are going to try and catch her and bring her to justice.
(2)Sabrina may be able to explain the violation the murdered Hokusha vampires did and be let off the hook.
(3)Sabrina thinks the three humans are in the custody of the Hokusha clan.
(4)Sabrina may or may not want to rescue the humans from possible untimely death at the hands of the Hokusha clan.
(5)Sabrina might want another vampires help and support in confronting the clan and resolving the matter.

Sabrina is your character Darth NeoVenom, it's your call, everything I said is speculation and/or sujestion. I just thought I'd fill you in on how I see it, maybe that'll help.))

IC:

Carth gave Jake a concerned look, "Okay but just be careful." He started thinking of a place to stay as they walked, "I think I know a cheap motel where we can get a room." They made their way to a nearby cheap motel.

Old 04-04-2005, 10:54 PM   #158
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"There were five of us, Fenster, Hockney, McManus, Keaton and me. Or that's what I thought at first. When I saw them again I demanded an explanation, and I got one. They claimed that they had been in some huge fight with a vampire that went psycho for some reason, and they had been forced to clean his act up. Or kill it, whatever you prefer." He gave a bitter laugh. "I still don't know if that's true or not, at the time I thought it was a joke, but now I don't know.

They offered me a chance to make good money with them, claimed they worked for some big guy aligned with some vampire group named Keyser Soze. They got their orders through some indian guy named Kobayi or something like that. I accepted, thinking it was going to be a huge joke, vandalism, stuff like that. But I didn't know that once I was in I was in for good. They took me to this warehouse, there was a huge rack full of guns, stakes, and other **** like that. Imagine a cross between Blade, the old Dracula movies, and Q's lab from the James bond movies, that's what this was. That's when I got to know them better. McManus was a maniac, pure and simple. He talked about vampires and 'human witnesses' he'd encountered and killed and laugh. Hockney was pretty normal, Fenster I never knew well, he was wierd, had this terrible speech impediment. But Keaton was the coolest customer I'd ever seen. And let me tell you, I've played poker against everybody, but I wouldn't dare bet a penny against that man. "

He looked around nervously, almost as if he expected them to materialize in the room with them.

"After that they took me around town, we went to this onehangout, looked like an abandoned hotel, but inside it was this ultra-exclusive nightclub, the guys had to flash special cards and be searched, for a second I thought we were meeting with the goddamn FBI. In there I met the indian guy. He claimed that someone was stirring up trouble around a part of town that's basically the slums. We got there, I had no idea what was going to happen, but these guys they got out these shotguns, and UV flashlights and all this ****. We came upon this guy with blood on his lips, claiming that he couldn't help it. These guys just turned up the UV lights, he flinched and actually started melting or disintegrating. I turned away, and the guys just opened fire, McManus was laughing like a maniac. When we got back in the car I demanded to know who the **** this Keyser soze was."
He paused and took a sip of water from a cup that someone had put in front of him.
"Keaton once said, 'I don't believe in god, but I fear him'. Well I believe in god, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze." He looked at the two-way glass. Straight at where he knew the cop usually stood on the other side.
"I don't feel safe here. Can we move somewhere else? Your office, or a lounge or something like that?"

Old 04-05-2005, 07:45 PM   #159
Mandalorian54
Journeyman Protector

The detective almost laughed when Ethan said impediment but held it in and straightened his face. When Ethan asked if they could go to a more private place the detective made a doubtful look, "I can't do that, besides you may trie to escape for all I know. I can tell this is going to be a long story but are you sure the history lesson is neccessary? I really just need to know what happened last night."

Old 04-05-2005, 09:30 PM   #160
Darth NeoVenom
Fallen Jedi Master

Sabrina spoke out to her friends. "I'll be heading over to the Black Cellar. Might meet someone that can help all of us." Mina placed a hand on Sabrina's shoulder, "Be careful Sabrina." Sabrina smiled, "I will. If anything, I'll call your cell." With that said Sabrina exited the abandon room.

Travelling for a while thru the sewers, Sabrina made her way to tunnels leading to the Black Cellar. Once reaching there, she knocked on the rusty iron door which was a back entrance. She waited patiently for someone to answer.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Star Wars Roleplaying > Vampires of York: chapter 1, A Few Dark Shadows