lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Make Robes At The Workbench Mod is now up at My Site
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-19-2005, 05:45 AM   #41
Hades_One
Rookie

I am going to download this now and give it a try. I think that it was a major oversite not letting us to create robes on the workbench. Keep it up!

Reality is a disease, and I am the cure.
Hades_One is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-19-2005, 06:18 AM   #42
zerodark9
Lurker

I didn't know they were putting in a KOTOR 2 Section thanks for telling me.
zerodark9 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2005, 11:32 AM   #43
TheShady
Rookie

Question: Does this mod only appear in the Ebon Hawk workbench or also on others?
Do I have to start a new game?
Is this mod included (because of the .2da-files) in the Prestige Class Item Pack mod?

Because it doesn't work! I have German version.

"The coward dies thousand deaths.
The hero only one." William Shakespeare, "Julius Cäsar"

"We learn from experience, that mankind learned nothing from experience." George Bernhard Shaw

"We don't need a WWIII. We have capitalism, comunism and tourism." Oliver Hassencamp

Translation: TheShady (I only know them in German )
TheShady is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2005, 11:52 AM   #44
Malkavier
Lurker

Just a wee small error... I created the robes, upgraded them using Nanoweave Underlay and Overlay (for each robe type) and when I tried to put a robe on one of the characters.... crash to desktop Unhandled Exception Error. Oh the joys of using Winblows.
Malkavier is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2005, 12:11 PM   #45
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally posted by TheShady
Question: Does this mod only appear in the Ebon Hawk workbench or also on others?
Do I have to start a new game?
Is this mod included (because of the .2da-files) in the Prestige Class Item Pack mod?

Because it doesn't work! I have German version.
This mod works at all workbenches. To answer your second question yes it is in the Prestige Class Item Pack mod. This mod only consists of 2 2da files itemcreate and itemcreatemira. These same 2da files are used in my Lightsabers at the workbench with Guardian saber and Segan Wyndth & Jedi Armors mods.

As to the reason it is not working it may be because of a language translation problem. Also if these are added after you have an existing game started they occasionally do not get loaded because of the games existing save paramaters.

Quote:
Just a wee small error... I created the robes, upgraded them using Nanoweave Underlay and Overlay (for each robe type) and when I tried to put a robe on one of the characters.... crash to desktop Unhandled Exception Error. Oh the joys of using Winblows.
This would neither be caused by this mod nor is it caused by windows. I believe the problem lies in you trying to add underlays & overlays to a robe that technically may not supposed to have them. This very well is likely a glitch within your copy of the game that is allowing you to upgrade items that are not to be upgraded. when this happens the rest of the game responds by crashing.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2005, 12:14 PM   #46
TheShady
Rookie

OK. Thx. But how do I create robes? (Silly question but I don't have a lot of time since this morning to test so I just write down everything ).

"We learn from experience, that mankind learned nothing from experience." George Bernhard Shaw

"We don't need a WWIII. We have capitalism, comunism and tourism." Oliver Hassencamp

Old 03-08-2005, 12:28 PM   #47
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally posted by TheShady
OK. Thx. But how do I create robes? (Silly question but I don't have a lot of time since this morning to test so I just write down everything ).
Check each of the menus with-in the create item area of the workbench. They should be in the last menu labeled other. It helps to take your time before saying something doesn't work.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 03-08-2005, 01:05 PM   #48
TheShady
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkkender
Check each of the menus with-in the create item area of the workbench. They should be in the last menu labeled other. It helps to take your time before saying something doesn't work.
Well...That makes sense. Thanks again. Now it works

It's just the ...str... stress...

Old 03-08-2005, 03:09 PM   #49
Malkavier
Lurker

Quote:
This would neither be caused by this mod nor is it caused by windows. I believe the problem lies in you trying to add underlays & overlays to a robe that technically may not supposed to have them. This very well is likely a glitch within your copy of the game that is allowing you to upgrade items that are not to be upgraded. when this happens the rest of the game responds by crashing.
Upgrading works on the StarForge robe in the pack without a crash. It's when I use the red robe that it crashes. I guess this robe is not meant to be upgraded even though it gives the option to do so... And man, the red robe is the best looking one, it figures it would have to go and crash on THAT one, heheh.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:57 PM   #50
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally posted by Malkavier
Upgrading works on the StarForge robe in the pack without a crash. It's when I use the red robe that it crashes. I guess this robe is not meant to be upgraded even though it gives the option to do so... And man, the red robe is the best looking one, it figures it would have to go and crash on THAT one, heheh.
Okay that is one of the robes associated with the prestige class mod and not with this mod then. Even though they both make use of the workbench creation method. The problem lies within the item itself and not with the method in which you created it.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 03-09-2005, 12:12 AM   #51
Malkavier
Lurker

Ahhh, I was wondering... I only installed mods for the updated animal skins, the prestige pack, your mod and...one of the lightsaber packs.

I've always wondered why no one ever skins navy blue robes (or many blue robes at all?) with dark orange or gold trim though, or black robes with silver trim (think Raistlin Majere once he went to the Blacks). The normal browns and grays are all fine and dandy, but the whole earthtone thing makes me think my PC resembles a monk in some Dark Ages monastary or something....

Why don't I skin it you ask? No time, no tools, and partially blue-gray colour blind. Three main reasons, heh.
Old 03-09-2005, 01:07 AM   #52
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
That is part of the Revan's Robe Pack, not this mod, as Darkkender partially pointed out to you. I have no idea why it crashes when you upgrade the robes. As the robe uti file is not any different, I used the same template for all of them... wierd.
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkkender
Okay that is one of the robes associated with the prestige class mod and not with this mod then.
Actually it would be the Revan Robes Mod not the Prestiege Robes Mod.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2005, 03:21 AM   #53
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally posted by RedHawke
Actually it would be the Revan Robes Mod not the Prestiege Robes Mod.
DOH Bart!!! *Smacks Head against wall*

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 03-09-2005, 03:30 AM   #54
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

^^^^
ROFL @ Darkkender!
Quote:
OK I just went in and tested the mod and all 4 robes upgraded without a hitch, no errors or crashes, I used my 2 Custom Nanoweave upgrades too.

This leads me to believe it is a bug in your particular savegame...

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
Old 03-09-2005, 12:49 PM   #55
Malkavier
Lurker

Well, I have figured out the problem after all...

If your save game is marked with a Cheats Used flag, all kinds of nasty things seem to have been built in to go haywire on you
spoiler:
(For instance, the first HK-50 you have to kill at the beginning of the game to progress further becomes invulnerable, this "bug" I have tested and retested and it only happens if the save file is marked with the Cheats Used flag, he even gets this hilarious dev voiceover taunting you.)
. So, my simple workaround: remove the flag using KSE.

Did it work? Yes, I was able to craft the robe and upgrade it this time without a crash.

Another bug I noticed, is that if you have too many inventory items, it will do a similar crash when you get armor of any type. I've noticed this particularly when getting droid armor. Simple workaround was to just break down a ton of worthless items at a workbench/lab.

So if anyone has problems, make sure your save isn't cheat flagged BEFORE you upgrade the items.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:57 PM   #56
VernoOiale
Rookie

Any chance of a hoodless version of these robe Redhawke?

Great job on this btw, and thanks
VernoOiale is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2005, 06:43 PM   #57
General Kenobi
Guardian of The Force

Quote:
Originally posted by VernoOiale
Any chance of a hoodless version of these robe Redhawke?

Great job on this btw, and thanks
I'm sure a non-hooded one is possible but from what I know so far it is not possible to "work the models over" very much. I've been in on some conversations about modeling and it seems that models are not changable. ChAiNz told me what the model files were the other night and I tried in vain to open it/import it into Maya, and usually if Maya can't open it....It will be hard.

I'd say they will have to wait till modeling is cracked open before that happens since it would require a new model for a character.

Hope that helps to answer your question.

MY SITE: Okinawa Outpost
Gilliam Forums
Ikanaru hito demo sonke suru koto
Yakusoku o yaburanai koto
Hito o on****su shinai koto
Hito ni tai****e omoiyari o motsu koto
General Kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2005, 07:24 PM   #58
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Melignous
I'm sure a non-hooded one is possible but from what I know so far it is not possible to "work the models over" very much. I've been in on some conversations about modeling and it seems that models are not changable. ChAiNz told me what the model files were the other night and I tried in vain to open it/import it into Maya, and usually if Maya can't open it....It will be hard.

I'd say they will have to wait till modeling is cracked open before that happens since it would require a new model for a character.

Hope that helps to answer your question.
Just FYI, cchargin released MDLOps v5 last night so now we can do model work (certain restrictions still apply)

As for Maya, it won't work. MDLOps converts game models into ascii format, as far as I know Maya is incapable of working in this form. However, GMAX is a free modeling program, and with the proper plug-in will easily import the converted ascii models

Read up on MDLOps here:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...hreadid=140293

Get GMAX here:
http://www.discreet.com/products/gmax/

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2005, 08:02 PM   #59
General Kenobi
Guardian of The Force

Sweet

As always ChAiNz you rule!

I'm glad the door has been cracked on the modeling thang. I just wish the files were more friendly to edit like Jedi Knight series was. Put em' up in a .pk3 (zip) file and your good to go. Now those were the days...lol

And UNrelated...

ChAiNz I told you last night you unleased a monster by helping me. I ended up doing a custom darkside version of Nomi's Robe (I'm sure you already know) last night and posted it as well.

MY SITE: Okinawa Outpost
Gilliam Forums
Ikanaru hito demo sonke suru koto
Yakusoku o yaburanai koto
Hito o on****su shinai koto
Hito ni tai****e omoiyari o motsu koto
General Kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-09-2005, 09:24 PM   #60
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Sweet

As always ChAiNz you rule!

I'm glad the door has been cracked on the modeling thang.
hehe.. I'm just the messenger man, the bearer of good news. The real credit goes to cchargin who made modeling 'fantasies' into a boni-fied reality. Without him, we'd be skinning everything in sight just so that something looked different heheh

Quote:
ChAiNz I told you last night you unleased a monster by helping me. I ended up doing a custom darkside version of Nomi's Robe (I'm sure you already know) last night and posted it as well.
Welcome to the DarkSide
Yeah, I've already got my copy... heheh
Looks great my friend, keep up the momentum and let the 'monster' roam free

^^^^ @RedHawke
Sorry for the slight offtopic, just doing some "recruiting" for Holowan heheh... I'll leave your thread alone for relating topics now...

But I will say this, it's nice to see those robes in TSL... I'm glad to see you made them available

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-10-2005, 12:31 AM   #61
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Quote:
Well, I have figured out the problem after all...

If your save game is marked with a Cheats Used flag, all kinds of nasty things seem to have been built in to go haywire on you
That's wierd!!! My current games all have the cheats used flag set and I have had no problems whatsoever!

Again I'm leaning to something being haywire in your save game itself.
Quote:
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
But I will say this, it's nice to see those robes in TSL... I'm glad to see you made them available
Actually this is the wrong thread, this thread is the one about the Revan Robes.

This thread is about adding the Jedi/Sith Robes to be constructable at the WorkBench and has nothing to do with the Revan robes...
*Cough*... Malkavier... *Cough*!

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Make Robes At The Workbench Mod is now up at My Site