lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: JoyStick
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-20-2005, 06:23 PM   #1
H0WARD
Rookie

JoyStick

Ok, I posted in the General section that I intended to get this game. I got it, but it won't play without the joystick. I have a joystick, but there's nowhere to put it on my newer computer. The old one has a spot, so I think I'll be able to play on that (it's not as old as the game is, but it's old), but I'd perfer to play on the newer one (or both cause I'd like to try the joystick), and I was wondering if there's anyway to play without the joystick...
H0WARD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2005, 08:29 AM   #2
Wildstar
Can outbowl most of you

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
H0WARD

You must have an old game port joystick and you're trying to use it on a computer that has only USB ports. XWA can use any controller (i.e. gamepads) that DirectX supports, but personally, I wouldn't play a space sim without a stick. You have two options: either get a USB stick (which are cheap enough now) or get a game-port-to-USB adapter, which will allow you to use your old stick in one of your USB ports.

Wildstar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-21-2005, 03:41 PM   #3
H0WARD
Rookie

ok, I think I'll just use the old computer until I get one of those USB things. I've played the game and it's pretty awesome. I just can't figure out how to dock in one of my Starships during sp skirmish for repairs and recharge... if that's even possible. In the mean time, I'll have to get that Mod and put it on a CD so I can transfer it to my other computer. Maybe I can even get a LAN cable and shoot my brother up thanks for the information Wildstar
H0WARD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 1. XwingAlliance > Tech Center > JoyStick