lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Enslaved (Prologue thread.)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-01-2005, 10:16 AM   #41
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

I star tattacking teh shield wall, then thought to myself, "Once this thing goes down, I' msurrendering. I have to make sure my family is safe, if I don't srve rome, they'll kill my family! I have to serve them!" My two handed sword kept on bashing the wall.

Luke Katarn, Colonel of the Lemmonite army.

Clan Commando, join us, and help the Republic! Visit our thread in the Republic Commando forums for more info.

Do you like RPing and have Jedi Academy? Then you should come to JARPing! (Jedi Academy Role Playing) www.freewebs.com/jarping

X-box live gamertag: LukeKatarn
My RPing site: http://voltx.proboards36.com/index.cgi
My aim SN: LukeKatarn
My e-mail: LukeKatarn@yahoo.com
LukeKatarn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2005, 11:31 AM   #42
Curt-Man
Swoop?

Roy was now totally spattered with blood, some was his own, but it was mostly his enemies. his daggar was still as sharp as ever and his fist was battered and broken but he was still slicing and smashing.

Curt-Man is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2005, 11:36 AM   #43
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

My sword would eventually break, suddenly, I got a plan. I retreated from battle, far, from teh battle, then ran back in, full speed towards teh shield wall. My sword forward, as if it were a spear, and I rammed into teh shield wall, sword first, there was now a small opening in teh shield wall where I was, then, I started chopping romans with my sword, which would soon break.

Clan Commando, join us, and help the Republic! Visit our thread in the Republic Commando forums for more info.

Do you like RPing and have Jedi Academy? Then you should come to JARPing! (Jedi Academy Role Playing) www.freewebs.com/jarping

Old 03-01-2005, 02:26 PM   #44
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

(( That’s fine WJ. Ohh, I had a mean idea. ))

Skirmishers quickly rushed to fill in the gaps of the shield wall. They weren't as well trained for the job as the Auxilia, but they were better than nothing.

Erin's wolf charged towards one of the Auxilia, the one who had been shouting, Edward. As he ordered the skirmishers to fill in the gaps, the wolf leaped forwards at him.

Roy's hand was now shattered, and he had several wounds on him. Punching a shield will do that to you. He had become somewhat of a focus for the area of the wall he was on, as many of the remaining Celts were either wounded or killed, more Auxilia were free to concentrate on him.

Arthur impaled one of the Auxilia when he charged for with his sword, however this caused his sword to snap.

Javelins, flaming arrows and firepots continued to rain down on the Celts the whole time. For every Auxilia that went down over 10 Celts died. Blood ran on the field, along side the charred corpses. Javelins impaled many of the Celts fighting up front, while the arrows and firepots would burn those out of spear range.

(( This next part only happens after you take care of the Wolf, Edward. ))

The Celtic warlord, having been putting up a brave fight up front, notices Edward barking out orders. With his lack of knowledge of how Roman armies work, he mistakes Edward for the enemy 'Warlord'! He stood around 7'2!

He charges towards Edward at full speed, swiping the head clean off of an Auxilia who had gotten separated from the wall on his way. As he drew close to Edward, he leaped into the air, his axe ready to lay into Edward.
Hiroki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2005, 02:30 PM   #45
Curt-Man
Swoop?

Roy was so tired, he felt more pressure on him, everytime he hit someone or something with his fist it hurt like hell, and his swipes were getting lazy, he found himself surrounded, he went to stab an auxilla but got his daggar stuck in the shield, he fell to his knees tired, bloody, battered and broken, this was the end.
"for the celts..." Roy muttered.

Old 03-01-2005, 02:55 PM   #46
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

(( So, Viking Larz? What would your character be doing there? Would he simply be observing the battle? And what about after it is over, do you plan to have him follow the slave convoy or what? ))
Old 03-01-2005, 02:59 PM   #47
Vikinor
600cc

Current Game: Cataclysm
(Read my mind. He will try to help them with their wounds. Why a early viking would be doing this I have no clue, but I am thinking he will get caught trying this and be enslaved as well.)

Original member of 2002.
Vikinor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-01-2005, 04:11 PM   #48
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

I tossed aside my broken sword. RUnning far from the shield wall, I took out my bow, and started fireing at the shield wall. I had to pull back my arrows far, in order to have ANY effect on teh wall.

Old 03-01-2005, 05:01 PM   #49
Vikinor
600cc

( I edited some of the older posts I am NOT editing any old posts in this thread anymore.)

Original member of 2002.
Old 03-01-2005, 06:30 PM   #50
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Edward lightly hit the wolf out of the air with his spear, not wanting to kill it, then he pushed it away lightly with the shield. He then saw the huge warlord leap at him. He quickly jumped away, and prepared his sword for battle.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2005, 06:58 AM   #51
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

(( Why would Edward want to avoid killing the wolf when he would kill Celts? It makes no sense...don't Metagame on me. ))

The massive hulk of a man missed Edward by mere inches, his axe slamming hard into the ground. But that didn’t stop him, he simply ripped his axe up from the earth, throwing mud, rock and dirt everywhere. He swung it sideways at Edward, preparing to chop him clean in half, as he screamed in savage rage at the enemy “Warlord”. There seemed to almost be fire in his eyes, fire that could chill bones, and stop hearts.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:47 AM   #52
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

I ran atop a hill, and it was a good vantage point. I could hit the shield walls behind, it was a long shot, because I didn't have man yarrows left, and if this doesn't work, I'd of wasted my arrows, but I tried it anyway...

Old 03-02-2005, 12:20 PM   #53
Curt-Man
Swoop?

Roy saw a man approach him, he lifted his sword high and right before he brought it down on his head, another man stopped him.
"no, this one his a very good fighter, strongwilled and strong physcially too, he will make an excelelnt gladiator, or slave, just knock him out and take him to the catapults and tell them what's going on with him."
"yes sir" and the man then whacked him on the head with the butt of his sword.

Old 03-02-2005, 12:59 PM   #54
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Unfortunately, even if he nailed all of his targets dead-on, there simply was no chance that the Celts could claim victory now. Most of there army lay dead on the field, some even retreated. Only a few hundred continued the fight, as the skirmishers had pretty much plugged the holes in the shield wall.
Old 03-02-2005, 01:45 PM   #55
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
((Because if he doesn't fight, he'll be killed, and the guys are pretty much out to kill him, meanwhile he believes the wolf is just following his instincts and hopes that the wolf will just walk away.))
Edward wondered what the hell he did to that man and jumped back avoiding the swing. He then tried to get a hit in while the warlord was recovering from the momentum of the swing.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 03-02-2005, 02:11 PM   #56
Vikinor
600cc

Vik studied how the battle was being fought. Comparing the style of fighting he was seeing now to the styles his clan used when at war against other clans.

Original member of 2002.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:47 PM   #57
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
The wolf growled and attacked again.

Meanwhile, Erin came up behind the wolf, trying to get him to stop attacking. As she spoke to her wolf, she pounded the shield wall with her sword.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-02-2005, 02:48 PM   #58
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Edwards spear was jabbed cleanly into the Warlords gut, he grunted in pain, but then gripped the middle of the spear with his mighty hand, snapping it in half. He then tore the spear out of his gut, and threw it too the ground.

He let out a thunderous scream, it sounded like that of a bear almost, as he suddenly charged towards Edward at full speed. He leaped into the air, almost 4 feet, raising his mighty axe above his head, preparing to slice Edward in two from the head down.
Old 03-02-2005, 02:51 PM   #59
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

"It's over," I said to myself. I dropped my bow, and ran towards the shield wall with my hands up.

Old 03-02-2005, 06:53 PM   #60
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Edward grabbed the bloodied point half of the spear, threw it up at the warlord, and rolled out of the way.

Old 03-02-2005, 07:35 PM   #61
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

The spear sliced through the air, impaling the Warlord straight through the neck. He landed on his feet, turning towards Edward, one of his hands reaching up to grip the spear, struggling to pull it out, as his strength leaves his body.

Finally, the mighty warrior collapsed, his large body falling to the ground in a thunderous crack.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:03 AM   #62
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Despite Erin's commands, the wolf charged again at Edward and Erin chased him, hammering at what she could see of the sheild wall. It really was amazing that she had not yet been killed or knocked unconscious... she hadn't exactly been defending herself very well. Taking this in mind, she slowed and began defending more than attacking.

Her sword was slightly bent, but still usable. She had not yet used her bow, but in such a close fight as this, it would be pointless to attempt it. Her speed on foot would be somewhat of an advantage if the fight had not already been so close, but Erin knew that she had to go with what she had.

Stooping as she ran, Erin picked up a broken spear from the ground and threw it over the shield wall.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-03-2005, 09:43 AM   #63
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

"I surrender." I said to the romns, in the roman tongue.

Old 03-03-2005, 01:32 PM   #64
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Quote:
Originally posted by LukeKatarn
"I surrender." I said to the romns, in the roman tongue.
(( That'd be Latin. :P ))
Old 03-03-2005, 08:34 PM   #65
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Edward stood, and was almost immediately thrown back down again by the same wolf. He fought with it, but eventually managed to throw it off. He stood back up, turned and saw a roman soldier approach the wolf with a sword, the wolf had apparently not seen him yet.

Old 03-04-2005, 09:02 AM   #66
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

(( Sooner or later, somebody here is gonna end up hating another player's character, I promise. :P ))

In fact, it wasn't just a single Roman soldier. The entire First Cohort, the best men in the Legion, had moved forward to finish the remaining Celts off. The solder had gotten a bit out of formation, and was quickly swatted in the head by the Centurion's stick o' discipline. He quickly returned to the line formation.

The Legionaries stopped a good few feet from Edward. The pulled one of there heavy Pilum from the back of there shield, leaning back slightly, they let them fly, several wisped past Edwards ears, just barely missing him, as Celt's were impaled upon the hefty throwing spears of the Legion. No Auxilia were killed surprisingly, showing the skill they had in aiming them.

The wolf, who was preparing to attack Edward however, had managed to take one to the side. With the crying yelp, it toppled over on it's side. Whimpering.

The first Cohort marched forward in perfect formation, sweeping up any straggling Celts in there path.

The battle was over, and it was a truly crushing defeat for the Blendenburg Tribe. It was there big effort to free Briton from the clutches of Rome, but it had failed miserably.

Roman soldiers quickly moved forward, picking out any worthwhile survivors, They grabbed Arthur as they did so, knocking him out with a swift hit to the side of the head with the hilt of a Gladius.

(( For future reference, guy's...Roman's didn't fight medieval style, individuals moving to fight one on one. They fought as a group, a team, a Cohort. If you saw a single Roman soldier off on his own, chances are, the battles not going well.

A Standard Legion was comprised of 10 Cohorts. These cohorts consisted each of three manipuli, which were subdivided into two centuriae, which pretty much means 'hundreds'. The centuriae had a number of contubernia, which means tentparties. The standard Centuriae had about 80 men, though the First Cohort usually had double strength Centuriae.

Each Cohort had around 400 men in them. Except the first Cohort, which was double strength, with 800 men.

Sound complex? It is, but think if you had to learn to DO all of those formations.

Speaking of formations, here are a few, just incase I need to use them in the future, so you won't be confused.

Testudo: http://www.roman-empire.net/army/testudo.html

Wedge: http://www.roman-empire.net/army/wedge.html

Skirmish: http://www.roman-empire.net/army/skirmishing.html

Repel Cavalry: http://www.roman-empire.net/army/repel-cavalry.html

The Orb: http://www.roman-empire.net/army/orb.html

There we go.

Rome was strict in it's training, remember that. Think of how they worked, before posting about being attacked.
A note about weapons too: Legionaries, Auxilia, and well, all but cavalry men really, carried the Gladius Short Sword. Not medieval style long swords. Now, if you’re a Celt, it’s okay to have a long sword, that’s the kind of sword they used, but Rome had high quality Iron, pretty much steel really, and the shorter Gladius allowed them more maneuverability within there line formations. Roman swords did not bend like Celtic ones, they were too well made. ))
Old 03-04-2005, 07:25 PM   #67
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Edward looked around and recognized Erin, he quickly jumped and tackled her. He whispered in her ear. "You probably recognize me. Trust me and we might be able to get out of this alive." He signaled for the others to capture her.

Old 03-04-2005, 08:59 PM   #68
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

Several Legionnaires ran over to Edward as he motioned to them. They took her off his hands, and discovered that she was...well, a she. One of them shook his head slightly. "A woman? Those savages." He spoke, before knocking her out with a swift blow to the side of the head with his gladius' hilt.

As they rounded up the slaves, taking them back to the fort, a man, highly decorated and adorned with medals approached Edward. "Are you the one who ordered the skirmishers to join the main battle line?" He said in a gruff voice. "Are you also the one who broke formation to fight with the enemy General?"
Old 03-04-2005, 09:04 PM   #69
Vikinor
600cc

Vik was wondering how this would end. It looked like the Romans had the upper hand. He thought he should try and kill a few Romans from afar with his longbow, but even though he despised the Romans more than anything he knew the plan was foolish.

Original member of 2002.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:20 AM   #70
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

(( Vik...the battles over, the Romans have more than the upper hand, they've won. ))
Old 03-05-2005, 12:12 PM   #71
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

I woke up in a dnk dark cell. "I was sent here by my family to keep them safe. I am here to serve Rome." I said to the gaurd "Let me speak with your leader."

Old 03-05-2005, 12:19 PM   #72
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

The Auxilia standing guard merely shouted for the upstart to be quiet. If it were that easy to get out of prison there wouldn't be any slaves.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:26 PM   #73
Vikinor
600cc

(Hey my character was observing the battle from far away. He couldnt see everything that was going on. So to him it looked like they were winning not that they had won yet.)

Original member of 2002.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:38 PM   #74
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Yes to both sir. I believe that if I hadn't the wall would've buckled inward."

Old 03-05-2005, 09:04 PM   #75
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

*the man smirked slightly at Edwards response* "Good. It's rare a man like you joins the Auxilia forces. I believe you might have secured your freedom with that one. But we shall see upon arriving in Rome."
Old 03-05-2005, 09:34 PM   #76
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"Thank you sir."

Old 03-06-2005, 12:28 AM   #77
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

They had tied there slaves together, into long lines. There hands were bound together by a rope, the rope extending to the person in front of them. At the front of the line a Legionnaire pulled them along. All day they would be forced to march along with the Legions.

Though even the most compassionate of the Legionaries couldn't really feel sorry for them. Every Legionnaire has to march the same distance, and also carry all of there person equipment, there armor, there shield, tent supplies just to name a few.

They were heading back to Rome. Another Legion had arrived to relieve them, and the Journey "home" would be a long one. The Auxilia had to carry there own as well, of course. Edward moved along with his contubernia, carrying there supplies. Each night they would set up a small camp, and rest, waking early in the day to continue there march. They had sailed the short ways from Briton to mainland Europe, and had been marching in Northern Gaul for a while now.

Many of the slaves had a chance to see Romanized Celts and Gallic people who’s tribes had been conquered for several generations. It was all pretty much the usual sight for the Auxilia and Legions who marched towards Rome however. The days seemed to blend together, the only difference being a slight variation in scenery. The Cavalrymen had it easy of course. They got to ride on horses…

Life in the Roman army could be much harder than slavery, but the catch was, at the end of an Auxilia’s career, they were to be granted citizenship. At the end of a Legionnaires career, they would be granted a large plot of land, and 3000 Denarii. The Legions would be paid a regular salary as well. This alone was enough to motivate many to take on this hard life. Never mind the personal glory and prestige one could gain should they rise through the ranks.

Though for the slaves, such a thing was far from there mind of course. They were to be shipped off to some rich Patrician noble, who would most likely put them to basic menial labor. The Games or the Auxilia would always be open to them, of course, should they get sick of such a life. If they survived through the harsh life of a Gladiator, they could be granted citizenship as well.

But none of these customs were known to the slaves, save Arthur maybe. They had no real idea of what awaited them, they did not even know they were on there way to Rome. The only thing they knew, was that they were no longer free people.

They had stopped at a small town in the Northern Alps to rest. The Celts here had been long since Romanized, conquered way back in the time of Caesar. Things were pretty quiet here. The slaves were put in closely guarded concentration camps at night. The Auxilia slept in decent, but hardly luxurious tents. Even the Legions slept in mediocre tent-housing. They were in the Roman Army, not on a pleasure cruise after all.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:45 AM   #78
Vikinor
600cc

(Wow long post. When do we switch over to the Enslaved thread?)

Original member of 2002.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:36 AM   #79
Hiroki
Monarchist asswipe

(( Once we arrive in Rome, and get everybody situated into there roles. ))
Old 03-06-2005, 11:01 AM   #80
Vikinor
600cc

(OK. That means we switch when everyone is enslaved?)

Original member of 2002.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > JediKnight Series > Community > Star Wars Roleplaying > Enslaved (Prologue thread.)