lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Retirement from SWBF
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-25-2005, 03:07 PM   #1
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Arrow Retirement from SWBF

Well my friends, with the release of Republic Commando only a couple days away, and the devs' embarassing lack of support for the modding community (they've done lots for the mapping community, nothing for modders), I hereby declare my retirement from the Star Wars Battlefront community.

I apologize for my inability to complete my modding projects I've showcased, however the fault lies on the shoulders of the devs, who were unable to release adequate modding tools. They know how many blunders they've made with this game as far as Star Wars accuracy, but they don't even allow the modding community to clean up their mess. What's up with that?

Anyway, I won't be releasing any of my unfinished projects, since it's just too unpolished to present. And without the appropriate modding tools, there's nothing more that can be done. I'm sorry. Please don't bomb my PM's or e-mail *cough* you know who you are *cough* with annoying begging, threats to kill my cat, or any other hate mail of the sort. I have washed my hands of this game.

~ TK
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2005, 03:38 PM   #2
OD-Nile-X-Z-N
Rookie

I'll kill your cat if you dont finish it! lol just joking . Its a shame to see you go because I really wanted that force mod but its up to you.

P.S. >.

I am a jawa, the first jawa of the honorable clan known as Obsidian Dragon. THE JAWAS SHALL ONE DAY RULE ZEE WORLD!
OD-Nile-X-Z-N is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2005, 06:21 PM   #3
ParanoidAndroid
Veteran

Location: The three dimensional geometric shaped space station of DOOM!
That sucks dude i was really looking forward to your mod it looked so cool...

Not being paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't trying to kill you... or does it?
ParanoidAndroid is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2005, 12:33 PM   #4
Saturn_V
Rookie

TK8252, I know how you feel, I was on the verge of quiting SWBF modding after I saw this:

http://www.eatsleepcode.ca/temptrash/garry.htm

Now THAT's how modding should be done!

I have decided to stick with it because it has got me into using XSI regularly and enjoying it, who knows maybe some of the models I make will end up in RC too
Saturn_V is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2005, 12:48 PM   #5
PR-0927
Formerly Majin Revan

Current Game: BF3
ROFLMAO!! That's sorta weird.

TK-8252, it sucks that you are leaving. Maybe you'll make some great mods for Star Wars: Republic Commando.

- Former Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, Star Wars: Battlefront, and Star Wars: Battlefront II modder. Used to go by the name "Majin Revan."
PR-0927 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2005, 01:49 AM   #6
Nokill
Veteran

i will see you in RC then

Site: Clicky
Nokill is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2005, 09:35 AM   #7
TK-425
Forumite

How much have you done in SWBF so far? Oh, and sorry for that little predicament with JA

TK-425 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > Modding & Editing > Retirement from SWBF