lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: What happened?
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-08-2005, 02:19 PM   #1
VampireNaomi
was a dog in earlier life

LFN Staff Member 
What happened?

Is it just me or did all recent post disappear from all over LucasForums? Does anyone know why?

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Sweet As Mango: Nick/Olivia all the way!
VampireNaomi is offline   you may:
Old 07-08-2005, 02:48 PM   #2
Sallim
Forumite

I dont know why, but I cant see the recent threads on the nightlight forum section either

- supreme pleasure -
Sallim is offline   you may:
Old 07-08-2005, 02:51 PM   #3
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
I can't see new posts anywhere. I feel like my soul has been sucked out of my being. This is like playing The Dig. You know that there was once life around here, but now everything is gone and only the ruins remain.

EDIT: Ah, looks like it was already explained in the Help Center. Silly me.

"Oho, my sainted aunt, have I become a victim of brain fever, the curse of academia...?" -- Jonathan Crane

Old 07-08-2005, 03:00 PM   #4
Sallim
Forumite

Damn!

Quote:
Unfortunately it looks as though everything since June 11th was lost. --------------------------------------------------------- Here's the chronical of the past few days as I understand it. After having consistent downtime and what have you, we ordered a new forum server. The new server, while good, consistently had problems with its httpd which was diagnosed as a hardware fault. The server eventually died, along with all the local backups (most recent). An attempt was made to get remote backups from the old forum server, as they'd be the most recent set after the local copies. More hard drive AND configuration issues with the original server due to our host. In the end we had to copy over the raw data tables and dump/insert everything anew from a the original database from the original server. We switched server companies, bought a separate from everything remote backup service in addition to the regular backups we make to our own hard drives.

- supreme pleasure -
Sallim is offline   you may:
Old 07-08-2005, 03:06 PM   #5
VampireNaomi

LFN Staff Member 
Yeah, it sucks. Thankfully I wasn't engaged in any interesting conversations, but it's still annoying. The good thing is that it probably won't happen again.

Old 07-09-2005, 01:57 AM   #6
James Isaac

LFN Staff Member 
It could be worse than posts since 11th June. The most recent old posts in the NightLight, Land of the Dead and Monkey Island forums are on June 4th

Actually, looking on the brigth side, the server is a lot faster to respond now. And apparently, there won't be down time anymore.

James Isaac is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Grim Fandango Discussion > Retired Forums > Site/Forum Feedback > What happened?