lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Pcgamer magazine review, 62%
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-08-2005, 03:28 PM   #41
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Let's hope they'll fix that in the patch when they release it.

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2005, 03:35 PM   #42
ZBomber
Octavarium

Forum Veteran 
I'd get it. MP is fun, it just needs more people.

Last.FM - Ow, give up the funk
Let the truth of love be lighted
Let the love of truth shine clear
Sensibility
Armed with sense and liberty
With the heart and mind united
In a single perfect sphere
ZBomber is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2005, 03:47 PM   #43
adillon

and more 'permanent' servers ... i.e. ones that aren't shut down when the player running the server is losing the game. just talking from my experience, as i've only been able to play MP once, and unfortunately picked a server that fulfilled this role.

adillon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-08-2005, 05:07 PM   #44
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Unhappy

Heh I know what you mean. People leaving is the #1 game killer in this game.

I confess that I did leave my last game, because my teammate was complaining at me (we were losing at short one person, but I got our team's one capture that round) and told me to leave. Ironically for him of course I was the host, so...

I was done playing for the day anyway. ; )

Despite that, I think yeah, people are already pretty uptight about leaving. You get a kill or two on somebody and they leave, or they simply join then leave without any explanation.

Now I'm not saying I expect a detailed apology everytime somebody quits, but it just seems like folks don't know what they want. It's not like anyone should have mastered this game already. I don't care how many times you beat the 6 hour SP campaign, that won't make you good at MP. And what game can realistically be mastered so you are unbeatable in 7 days?

One time (this was probably just a bug of not displaying the join message) it said a guy left who never joined. The "<name> joined" message never appeared! So a guy who wasn't even there in the first place, left...!

It may also be that people get bored fast. After playing some fun Assault for an hour, people start to disappear. Then I can sit in an empty game and wait, and wait, etc. I figure they must have gone to a DM server or something. So I host that and people return, repeat.

So many options I can't change on the fly. I have to instead, "disconnect" then relaunch the server with new settings. I can't even change my character's skin on the fly. It would be nice to be able to do that...

I lived with limitations like this in JK1, but that was 7 years ago...

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-21-2005, 06:38 AM   #45
warmonger180
Lurker

yeah, i get that having to reload a level bug too, but then my entire squad is down including me doesn't happen, tho. something's gotta be done about that . as for the rest of the review, he's gotta have a prob with his rig cuz i've not had the probs he had. 1st time thru i had to shoot one of my guys and then revive. he got stuck

gigabyte GA7VA F9bios; XP 3000+ (@2.248.33ghz); 1.28GB DDR 333mhz; WD800JB; radeon 9700pro o/c'd to 351/335.25 w/Tt extreme giant3 cat 5.3; audigy xgamer; 56x aopen cdrom; 52x32x52 LG cdrw; XPSP2
warmonger180 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RepublicCommando.Net > General Discussion > Reporting for Duty > Pcgamer magazine review, 62%