lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Suck it up and be a Trando for god's sake!
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-17-2005, 07:11 PM   #41
The Spartan
Rookie
 
The Spartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally posted by Oidar
I think the Trandos are awesome I usually end up on the Trando side and have no problems with it. Most people don't set their games up for auto-select. IT should be Auto-select in most cases cause people seem to be like. OMG trando nooooooooooo.
I've been on more winning Trando teams than I have Clones. People are petty anyway. Its like omg I've gotta play the good guy or I'll suck horribly. I've even seen people spec an entire match till someone leaves the clone team. Its sad really. Most people just suck.
You haven't been in the same games as me then apparently. I am almost always commando and my team ALWAYS wins.

I may "Suck it up" if the patch gives us more customization options. If I am hiding in a shodowy dark area for whatever reason......which IS sometimes necessary when you want to be the top scorer like myself.......A glowing yellow backpack isn't a great thing......A Night Ops clone is. The blaster rifles ARE different, though that doesn't bother me as I usually trade my DC for a ACP SMG if I use anything but pistols and shotties at all.

Fix the higher visibility problems of the trandoshans and I will lead the trandoshans to victory!

And whoever said Bossk would motivate me obviously did not reallize Bossk is just one more reason NOT to be a trando. Bossk like vs Fett like........... What were you thinking. Mandalorians. Nuff said.
The Spartan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2005, 07:56 PM   #42
Oidar
Rookie
 
Oidar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: AA
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally posted by The Spartan
You haven't been in the same games as me then apparently. I am almost always commando and my team ALWAYS wins.

I may "Suck it up" if the patch gives us more customization options. If I am hiding in a shodowy dark area for whatever reason......which IS sometimes necessary when you want to be the top scorer like myself.......A glowing yellow backpack isn't a great thing......A Night Ops clone is. The blaster rifles ARE different, though that doesn't bother me as I usually trade my DC for a ACP SMG if I use anything but pistols and shotties at all.

Fix the higher visibility problems of the trandoshans and I will lead the trandoshans to victory!

And whoever said Bossk would motivate me obviously did not reallize Bossk is just one more reason NOT to be a trando. Bossk like vs Fett like........... What were you thinking. Mandalorians. Nuff said.

Oh please. Glowing yellow backpack, hiding in the dark. Geezus thats it. Enough of your whining. I don't care what you say. Your just like the other petty people. Oh I don't like the trandos their ugly, their easier to see, blah blah, whine whine.

Oh and do not start the who is better debate, Mandalorians or Trandoshans cause I've got a trump card that beats the mandalorians stupid...ever hear of the Yuuzhan Vong?
'Nuff said I think.
Oidar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2005, 08:18 PM   #43
TK-8252
Get Cloned.
 
TK-8252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,850
Have your back facing a wall so the yellow glow doesn't stand out as much.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2005, 08:53 PM   #44
Shok_Tinoktin
Ray's Gun Nut
 
Shok_Tinoktin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The good end of Ray's Gun, or the bad end of an AA gun
Posts: 1,144
Anyone else notice that everyone "always wins"?
Shok_Tinoktin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-17-2005, 10:55 PM   #45
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot
 
LukeKatarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Arch-angel
Posts: 2,413
Re: oops!

Quote:
Originally posted by PhireStorm
I admit, I like the clones better. BUT i still go on the trando team everyonce in a while. They have cool skins n' such, its just that they have red shields. And, for me a leats red=bad, blue=good. I end up ignoring the clones and shooting at my teammates until i realize what Im doing. lol
That happens to me ALL the time! lol. In normal death match I'll be a commando. But in team based games, I don't care. I do like the DC 17 better ((Dunno why)) but in team matchs I dun care. Thrandoshans are cool, especilly when yo ucapture a flag ot get a head shot. That Trando saying that is just so cool.


Luke Katarn, Colonel of the Lemmonite army.

Clan Commando, join us, and help the Republic! Visit our thread in the Republic Commando forums for more info.

Do you like RPing and have Jedi Academy? Then you should come to JARPing! (Jedi Academy Role Playing) www.freewebs.com/jarping

X-box live gamertag: LukeKatarn
My RPing site: http://voltx.proboards36.com/index.cgi
My aim SN: LukeKatarn
My e-mail: LukeKatarn@yahoo.com
LukeKatarn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2005, 02:02 AM   #46
BeBop
Rookie
 
BeBop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Section 9 Public Security
Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally posted by The Spartan
A glowing yellow backpack isn't a great thing......A Night Ops clone is.
Here's a little counter point, both the backpack and visor glow on the commandos. Trando's may have a much more glowing backpack, but if they have their back to a wall it wont show. If the clone has their face to the wall it will not be visible.... but that isn't a great thing.


Tackle Cuddle!
BeBop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2005, 09:39 AM   #47
The Spartan
Rookie
 
The Spartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally posted by Oidar
Oh please. Glowing yellow backpack, hiding in the dark. Geezus thats it. Enough of your whining. I don't care what you say. Your just like the other petty people. Oh I don't like the trandos their ugly, their easier to see, blah blah, whine whine.

Oh and do not start the who is better debate, Mandalorians or Trandoshans cause I've got a trump card that beats the mandalorians stupid...ever hear of the Yuuzhan Vong?
'Nuff said I think.
*Kills Oidar*
Vong? WTF are you talking about? I don't remember them in the game and the Mandalorians beat Vong anyway because Fett led the True Mandalorians against them successfully (without the need of a lightsaber) when he took up the mantle of Mandalore (Insider 80). You, refrain from talking.
The Spartan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2005, 09:44 AM   #48
The Spartan
Rookie
 
The Spartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally posted by BeBop
Here's a little counter point, both the backpack and visor glow on the commandos. Trando's may have a much more glowing backpack, but if they have their back to a wall it wont show. If the clone has their face to the wall it will not be visible.... but that isn't a great thing.
You are correct, there are points on a commando that glow as well, but commandos can be all dark, blues, and greys........which you will notice camos in with every level. Bright yellow camos in with.....well.......nothing. It is a small thing. Trandshans are not on par with cliones IMO, but in others they are. Considering the teams are always even in the games I play, or one man from being such, it really is a dud of a topic. When you try to join commando if there are too many you will get a message saying such so in reply to the thread host, suck it up and stop losing.
The Spartan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2005, 11:44 AM   #49
Oidar at Work
Lurker
 
Oidar at Work's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 9
[/Rant]
Spartan,
I'm sorry, only little kids that want to play the good guy dislike the trandos. Your probably one of those kids that always had to be a cop when playing cops and robbers.

Its sad, your the reason this thread was started. People like you who suck so bad they have to cover up the fact and say, Oh well..Blah blah blah blah (see by this point I've decided to stop paying any attention to anything you write cause your an idiot)

*flame removed*
[/End Rant]

*directed at everyone else*
See what I mean. geezus people like that annoy the crap out of me. He must think he is on some holy quest to prove to everyone that the clones are superior. Bah, he needs a wookiee to smack him upside the head with a lightsaber.

Removed your flame, don't do it again. Instead report his posts to a moderator like myself
-Sith

Last edited by InsaneSith; 03-18-2005 at 02:50 PM.
Oidar at Work is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2005, 02:40 PM   #50
The Spartan
Rookie
 
The Spartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16
Didn't I tell you you were not allowed to talk anymore?

What makes you think I am a kid?

*flame removed*

I removed your flame, don't do it again
-Sith
The Spartan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2005, 02:46 PM   #51
El Sitherino
The Original.
 
El Sitherino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Planet Funkālnite.
Posts: 14,509
Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
I have an idea. How about everyone shut up. Don't like trando's don't play as one, and don't come in here tearing at others just because they want a balanced battle.

For those dissing the clone fanboys, don't.

Next person to try and start something up is going to find themselves in a world of hurt.


“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2005, 02:52 PM   #52
El Sitherino
The Original.
 
El Sitherino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Planet Funkālnite.
Posts: 14,509
Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally posted by The Spartan
Considering the teams are always even in the games I play, or one man from being such, it really is a dud of a topic. When you try to join commando if there are too many you will get a message saying such so in reply to the thread host, suck it up and stop losing.
There was a major balance issue when the game was first released, people all wanted to play as clones, think before you speak.

And quiet down on the flame crap.


“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2005, 02:56 PM   #53
The Spartan
Rookie
 
The Spartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16
I have had it since day one and have seldom experienced unbalancing due to that........sorry about the flame
The Spartan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2005, 03:28 PM   #54
Oidar
Rookie
 
Oidar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: AA
Posts: 162
hmm, wouldn't consider anything I said a flame but hey thats me.
I speak the truth and don't sugar it up.

as for teams being unbalanced, yup its the whole. I wanna be a cop and not a robber. Maybe its cause people want to stand out.....in a group of people that look just like them. Doesn't matter anyway I'd much rather be a wookiee if we had the option.
Oidar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2005, 03:46 PM   #55
Shok_Tinoktin
Ray's Gun Nut
 
Shok_Tinoktin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The good end of Ray's Gun, or the bad end of an AA gun
Posts: 1,144
In my experience, the problem is more that so many people leave, that it winds up being more people leaving from one team then the other, and it gets unbalanced like that. I've had games where too many people are trandos, almost as much as too many people are clones.
Shok_Tinoktin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2005, 04:24 PM   #56
TK-8252
Get Cloned.
 
TK-8252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,850
Quote:
Originally posted by The Spartan
so in reply to the thread host, suck it up and stop losing.
It is common sense that people join the team that needs the most help, meaning usually the Trandos. I find it displeasing when people don't use common sense, which is something everyone should always be using. That is therefore not something I should have to suck up. "Stop losing"... well there's no I in team.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2005, 11:52 PM   #57
The Spartan
Rookie
 
The Spartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally posted by TK-8252
It is common sense that people join the team that needs the most help, meaning usually the Trandos. I find it displeasing when people don't use common sense, which is something everyone should always be using. That is therefore not something I should have to suck up. "Stop losing"... well there's no I in team.
Valid point. If I can't get my way and be a Clone, I will help the Trandos and not wait or leave while I cry about my misfortune. Also, if I see the Top scores for clones are around 40 and Trandos around 9.......Well, there is no sport in me winning like that so *I* do go where I am needed if I have too. As much as I enjoy clones, and do see why people hate being trandoshans, I agree. I don't find balnce to be a problem, but when the 8 best players just have to be clones, it ruins the gaming experience for all. So *I* will excercise some common sense if only for the selfish reason of personal challenge.

And as far as the team goes. There is no team in SWRC multi :P My clan has not yet picked it up and rarely do I meet a random individual who wants to do anything but run arround like a wild man, which leaves me having to do the same.

Oidar, I read your post before the edit and I don't remember you having a flame either, but then I have no tact when I make my oppinions known so I would just see the oppinion when I read and not really notice the flame...... and yeah, Wookies are awsome in this game.....and in general......
The Spartan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RepublicCommando.Net > General Discussion > Reporting for Duty > Suck it up and be a Trando for god's sake!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.