lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: My Robe Release
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-15-2005, 08:53 AM   #1
ChuckX8oD
Rookie

[TSL] My Robe Release

well, kind of lacking a bit. As i wanted to make gloves, implants, the whole 9. And COme up with an entire "Set" so to speak. But time has hampered me a bit over the past few days. yesterday i was sent running around buying a replacement computer fan. cant believe how hard that is, lol.

oh well, here are the screenies

Sith:
http://home.comcast.net/~x8od1/x8od-robe-sith.jpg
Jedi:
http://home.comcast.net/~x8od1/x8od-robe-jedi.jpg

In the Zip is a replacement for the courpse in the morgue. IN there you will find the plasma torch, as well as the robes. I did this for Xbox users [like myself]. Everybody else can give them using hte give item cheat. The item names are:

sith robe:
x8_robe_87

jedi robe:
x8_robe_86

any problems, drop me a line. I will eventually finish this Mod up, and re-release it. I just wasnt able to do as much work as i wanted to this weekend, but i wanted to release these as i got great feedback.

home.comcast.net/~x8od1/x8odrobes.zip

i also have another project in mind, after Drazin came up with a great idea for an item. something to look for in the future.

any problems, post them in here, or PM me. again, im a newbie when it comes to this. ive never mod'd a game before. The items work for me on both PC and Xbox, but again it doesnt mean i didnt make a mistake somewhere.

Also, my item descriptions stink. Im not good at this stuff. If somebody wants to come up with a description, PM me and ill edit the items, and give u credit.
ChuckX8oD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2005, 08:56 AM   #2
Sandwyrm
Rookie

What stats does it have? Can you mod the armor itself? Does it give boosts to attributes/skills/force powers? I need some information like this to make a believable (if slightly cliche) description.
Sandwyrm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2005, 10:05 AM   #3
Emp.Bossman
Lurker

These robes are the reason I registered on this forum. I've been using mods from here a lot lately, and I thought it was about time to register and show my gratitude, so thanks Chuck for some awesome robes! And everyone else for all the great mods...
Emp.Bossman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2005, 12:37 PM   #4
Harker
Rookie

Any chance you will release your PSD for this, or at least explain how you got the alphas not to cut through everything?

I'm hear to learn!

With respect,
Harker
Harker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2005, 12:43 PM   #5
shosey

they look fantastic - excellent work!

*boy I wish I was artistic*

Hosey's KotOR Mods [Ebon Hawk Basement] [High Stakes Pazaak] [I am Jedi!] [Skip Endire Spire]
More to come
shosey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2005, 03:55 PM   #6
Shadow Blaze

I have been waiting to get these! They will go great once I start playing this again after the Ultimate Saber mod is released

Hk-47-"Query: Now is there any other horrors you wish to insert in my system, or is your electronic butchery done?"

My WIP Thread
Shadow Blaze is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2005, 04:02 PM   #7
Malivolus
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Harker
Any chance you will release your PSD for this, or at least explain how you got the alphas not to cut through everything?

I'm hear to learn!
Uhh, you dont need the psd files, just open up tga in photoshop and check those alpha channels yourself.
Malivolus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2005, 04:07 PM   #8
Harker
Rookie

not entirely accurate i'm afraid. I've made my own robes skins and used alpha channels.

He managed to find a way to get the alpha so it doesn't cut through the entire model.

I'm interested to know if this way through the PSD level or through redoing the wrap onto the model or what.

This is why I asked for the PSD in other threads and he even said he would as well. So I'm eager to see if he still will and when he will.

Thanks for chiming in though.

With respect,
Harker
Old 03-15-2005, 04:28 PM   #9
Harker
Rookie

AHA!
So it was settled through PMs!!

It turns oout that I had been beating my head against a wall for sometime for no reason.

Chuck is getting the same issues I had when reskinning the master robes!! That is, th alpha channel is cutting through the entire body.

And to date, my robe that used a alpha to show "torn edges" was on the Natth Cowling (a master robe.)

Apparently he dsicovered that the Alpha channel reacts differently on the master robes, than on the regular jedi robes.

Now that this craziness is finally settled, thanks to Chuck getting as stumped as I was, I can return to my robe skinning!!

Thanks again chuck and look forward to your next incantation.

And thank you Obsidian for yet even MORE inconsistancies!

With respect,
Harker
Old 03-15-2005, 04:34 PM   #10
Keneth
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Harker
And thank you Obsidian for yet even MORE inconsistancies!
Well they can't open all doors for you, modding would be boring then Great work chuck, these are now my fav robes in the game
Keneth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2005, 04:58 PM   #11
SpaceAlex
Forumite

Forum Veteran 
Excellent job. No doubt these are the best looking robes in the game right now.

SpaceAlex is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2005, 11:05 PM   #12
Buffy
Forumite

looks really nice !

home.comcast.net/~x8od1/x8odrobes.zip

Buffy The Sith Slayer
If you want to change your life?
http://www.sgi-usa.org/
= Buffy The Jedi Knight =
Buffy is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2005, 11:10 PM   #13
RaV™
I Came I Saw I Conquered

Frickin awesome!, but i woulda done what all darkside robes are like, the cloack hanging all the way down <_<, could you maybe make Revan Robe's? Like with the cape and everything like that for KOTOR2?

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6469/ssigvv2.gif
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
RaV™ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2005, 11:35 PM   #14
General Kenobi
Guardian of The Force

Love the mod man, nice work. However; I do find that the robe with the cross symbol annoys me in-game after about 1/2 hour. Not sure why But very good work though and kudos for getting the transp. down pat very nice.

MY SITE: Okinawa Outpost
Gilliam Forums
Ikanaru hito demo sonke suru koto
Yakusoku o yaburanai koto
Hito o on****su shinai koto
Hito ni tai****e omoiyari o motsu koto
General Kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2005, 12:10 AM   #15
kay338
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Darth_Krow
Frickin awesome!, but i woulda done what all darkside robes are like, the cloack hanging all the way down <_<, could you maybe make Revan Robe's? Like with the cape and everything like that for KOTOR2?
yup the cross sort of stands out and gets annoying after a while, but other then that its a rreaaly sweet design, Props on making such complex robes

My New Sig
kay338 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2005, 07:04 AM   #16
ChuckX8oD
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by kay338
yup the cross sort of stands out and gets annoying after a while, but other then that its a rreaaly sweet design, Props on making such complex robes
i was going to get rid of the cross. And when i said that, i had 4-5 people say "no dont, thats what i wanted to use"

so i stuck with it :P
Old 03-16-2005, 09:47 AM   #17
Juha Avery

Awesome job !!!

Im going to use those when i play the game thru.

Allways do your best no matter what you do, cause if you dont, you will never know how wonderful you are.
Juha Avery is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2005, 11:53 AM   #18
LuxDragon
Rookie

I just finished TSL and went to playing Mercenaries, I forgot to mention.

Apparently, you made some sort of error when you placed the robes in the game.

The damn corpse from the Peragus facility pops up everywhere now. I found your robes in Dantionne in the Jedi Enclave and then about 90% of ALL of the corpses in the second half of Malachor V were changed to the Peragus corpse with your robes.

Just mentioning this to you.
LuxDragon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2005, 12:23 PM   #19
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
I love those robes I'll have to DL tonight. You know the robes with the cross remind me of the 3 musketeers.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2005, 02:24 PM   #20
ChuckX8oD
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by LuxDragon
I just finished TSL and went to playing Mercenaries, I forgot to mention.

Apparently, you made some sort of error when you placed the robes in the game.

The damn corpse from the Peragus facility pops up everywhere now. I found your robes in Dantionne in the Jedi Enclave and then about 90% of ALL of the corpses in the second half of Malachor V were changed to the Peragus corpse with your robes.

Just mentioning this to you.
and the placeable problem strikes again.

only thing i can say is, remove the file from the override directory once you get the items.

i did this mostly for Xbox users. I figured PC users would just use the giveitem command.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:06 PM   #21
LuxDragon
Rookie

It's no biggie. I just wanted to point it out to you if you wanted to modify your work or whatever.

Anyway, gonna make more? Your works rock.
LuxDragon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2005, 05:58 PM   #22
ID129
Rookie

I absolutley love these robes, I cant wait untill your next release.
ID129 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-18-2005, 11:28 PM   #23
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckX8oD
and the placeable problem strikes again.
Unfortunately the only good way to add items into TSL is with scripting, editing placeables is no longer a viable option for us.
Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckX8oD
only thing i can say is, remove the file from the override directory once you get the items.

i did this mostly for Xbox users. I figured PC users would just use the giveitem command.
Actually an easier solution would be to try adding it to be creatable at the Workbench, this requires only some .2da editing, and should work on the XBox as well as the PC.

Here is the tutorial for doing so.

I hope this helps!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-19-2005, 11:06 AM   #24
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
I will just pop up here to emphasize what RedHawke has said. The workbench is definitely the way to go. For robes like this, I'd suggest making the requirements to make them fairly high.

This looks great.

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > My Robe Release