lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Lightsaber Crystal Expansion [REL]
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-25-2005, 10:16 PM   #1
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
[TSL] Lightsaber Crystal Expansion [REL]

Update: New Version 2.0.

Includes Jetstorms updated glows below. Guess what there is even a Download Link for everybody now.

http://www.freewebs.com/darkkender/C..._Expansion.rar

Authors:
Jetstorm: New saber icons and colors
Maverick187: New Single and Double saber hilts
Darkkender: Mod assembly and in game placement.

Ok this mod provides updated and improved textures of the Yellow, Orange, Gold, & Silver sabers and adds 10 new lightsaber colors all together.

Aquamarine
Bronze
Chartuse
Sky Blue
Magenta
Garnet
Pink
Lavander
Navy
Beige

And a Updated version of Darkkender's Guardian Saber with new hilts as well.

Once you enter the Ebon Hawk for the first time go to the storage compartment and there you will find a workbench labeled Darkkender's Workbench.

Compatibility:
Darkkender's Painted Droid Armor Mod
Maverick & Redhawk's Prestige Pack
Shadow Blazes Saber Pack and Odyssey saber
Envida's Ebon Hawk Storage compartment's mod
X-com's saber mod
Darkkender's Guardian Saber Mod

There may be other compatibilities however at the time of this release I cannot recall which mods. However any mod compatible with the Painted Droid armor mod remains compatible.

Consider this the readme as after uploading this I realized the readme is blank.

Just extract install to overide folder as standard.

If there are any questions to field it probably should be me as I'm the one to blame if there are problems.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin

Last edited by Darkkender; 07-25-2006 at 12:44 PM.
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2005, 10:26 PM   #2
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
I suspect that it is also compatible with RedHawke's Exile Item pack as well, just becuase I have a feeling it is .

Awesome job with the mod DK and Jetstorm, I'm going to get mine right now......

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2005, 10:33 PM   #3
Keiko
Forumite

Nice, DK!

Keiko is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2005, 10:36 PM   #4
Mav
8-Bit Code Monkey

Current Game: SWTOR
DK, I just noticed, it's not a big thing, but you seem to have left an .ascii file in your .rar, more specifically: w_dblsbr_099-ascii.mdl

Just thought I'd let you know if you didn't already, and maybe to let people know they can delete it as it's not necessary

Great mod DK and Jetstorm!!!

"Women are like sunsets… they’re beautiful, but there will be a different one tomorrow." - Gilder
Mav is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2005, 10:45 PM   #5
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally posted by maverick187
DK, I just noticed, it's not a big thing, but you seem to have left an .ascii file in your .rar, more specifically: w_dblsbr_099-ascii.mdl

Just thought I'd let you know if you didn't already, and maybe to let people know they can delete it as it's not necessary

Great mod DK and Jetstorm!!!
I'm not surprised there I seemed to have missed some other minor things. Such as the readme.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 03-25-2005, 11:08 PM   #6
Shadow Blaze

Good work DK, Jetstorm, and Mav! This is going in my override Heh I got to start working on my expansion pack again.

Glad it is compatible with mine

Hk-47-"Query: Now is there any other horrors you wish to insert in my system, or is your electronic butchery done?"

My WIP Thread
Shadow Blaze is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2005, 11:18 PM   #7
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Excellent work guys!

Not only do I have my copy, but it's .2da is added to the USM's .2da (I updated my 'compatibility mods' post in the WIP as well)

I've always wondered what a "Chartruse" saber would look like

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2005, 11:23 PM   #8
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
Excellent work guys!

Not only do I have my copy, but it's .2da is added to the USM's .2da (I updated my 'compatibility mods' post in the WIP as well)

I've always wondered what a "Chartruse" saber would look like
Well now you know it's kinda lemon-lime colored. I think somebody should come up with a polka dot saber now.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 03-25-2005, 11:28 PM   #9
Shadow Blaze

Oh slight problem that isn't that hard to fix. One of my sabers has the same uti filename as one in this mod. I believe it is g_w_lghtsbr28 same with the model variation. Just thought I would post this so that anyone who has my mod can fix it.

EDIT: Ack that means scripts too! Yikes! Well guess I am going to get a little "crash course" in editing scripts.

Hk-47-"Query: Now is there any other horrors you wish to insert in my system, or is your electronic butchery done?"

My WIP Thread

Last edited by Shadow Blaze; 03-25-2005 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:38 PM   #10
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Blaze
Oh slight problem that isn't that hard to fix. One of my sabers has the same uti filename as one in this mod. I believe it is g_w_lghtsbr28 same with the model variation. Just thought I would post this so that anyone who has my mod can fix it.
I can't say nobody was warned. As I've posted a few times I was using the entire 20's block for this mod. However I did miss this in the upcrystals.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 03-25-2005, 11:40 PM   #11
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
may want to write this in your comments over at PCGM as well. Some of the PCGM users don't frequently come here... blasphemy. Plus, since both the mod's .2da are added to the USM, it'll help users know which line they can change depending on what model # they decide to use

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-25-2005, 11:42 PM   #12
Shadow Blaze

Well like I said most of it is an easy fix. Except for the little script... Anyways I have most of it fixed so it is now compatible. I must have missed those posts about the 20's block.

Good mod though! Keep it up DK!

My WIP Thread
Old 03-25-2005, 11:42 PM   #13
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
I guess I can play nice and just fix it instead. But yes I've posted a comment.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 03-25-2005, 11:44 PM   #14
Shadow Blaze

Quote:
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
may want to write this in your comments over at PCGM as well. Some of the PCGM users don't frequently come here... blasphemy. Plus, since both the mod's .2da are added to the USM, it'll help users know which line they can change depending on what model # they decide to use
Heh I can't do that since PCGM is still on the fritz and can't edit comments or add screenshots... But maybe T7 will see this post and fix it.

My WIP Thread
Old 03-25-2005, 11:45 PM   #15
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Give me about a 1/2 hour and I'll post a fix up at pcgamemods guys.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 03-25-2005, 11:57 PM   #16
Shadow Blaze

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkkender
Give me about a 1/2 hour and I'll post a fix up at pcgamemods guys.
Thanks DK! Heh these sabers look great though

My WIP Thread
Old 03-26-2005, 12:01 AM   #17
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Alright I've finished the update and I'm working on uploading now.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 03-26-2005, 12:08 AM   #18
Shadow Blaze

Heh I just hope you don't use any model variations from 30-36.

My WIP Thread
Old 03-26-2005, 12:09 AM   #19
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Heh I just hope you don't use any model variations from 30-36.
I used 30 after I looked at your sabers and they started at 31. That and it is already uploaded.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 03-26-2005, 12:12 AM   #20
Shadow Blaze

Yeah I forgot only the doublesaber uses model 30 not the other sabers. So as long as 30 for the double saber isn't used it should be fine.

EDIT: Hmm looks like it is oh well now it is an even more simple fix so I wouldn't worry about it. But if you get ambitious later than you can always change the model to 36 which I haven't used.

My WIP Thread
Old 03-26-2005, 12:18 AM   #21
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Yeah I forgot only the doublesaber uses model 30 not the other sabers. So as long as 30 for the double saber isn't used it should be fine.

EDIT: Hmm looks like it is oh well now it is an even more simple fix so I wouldn't worry about it. But if you get ambitious later than you can always change the model to 36 which I haven't used.
I feel a groan coming on. I changed all of the sabers to use the same model number. I really hate bouncing numbers. I like evrything to match. Something the devs of TSL couldn't be bothered with. I guess they aren't the only ones then right.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 03-26-2005, 12:22 AM   #22
Shadow Blaze

Heh I wouldn't blame you for the groan lol. I like everything to match too but usually reasons for them not matching are understandable like this time.

My WIP Thread
Old 03-26-2005, 12:47 AM   #23
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Nice work guys!
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkkender
I think somebody should come up with a polka dot saber now.
No DK... A plaid saber would be way better!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2005, 12:53 AM   #24
Shadow Blaze

Quote:
Originally posted by RedHawke
Nice work guys!

I'M GONNA MAKE ONE! Seriously that just sounds like fun! Just wait in a week or two there will be one by me lol. Hopefully it can be done...

My WIP Thread
Old 03-26-2005, 01:54 AM   #25
RebelScum!
Forumite

Great mod!!

btw I messed up my wrist so it hurts to type. Won't be responding that much.

Join the BBF

SWbattlefront name:RebelScum!
Check out my Site
RebelScum! is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-26-2005, 02:04 AM   #26
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally posted by RedHawke
Nice work guys!

Well If somebody does a Plaid they should do a Red and black plaid, and a Blue and Black Plaid.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 03-26-2005, 02:09 AM   #27
Shadow Blaze

Gee well I suppose that was a big hint lol. I'm doing a red and white one and working on it now lol.

But I suppose I could change it to red and black.

My WIP Thread
Old 03-26-2005, 03:01 AM   #28
Shadow Blaze

Guess plaid is out... Oh well back on topic great mod DK and everyone else hope to see more of these types in the future.

My WIP Thread
Old 03-26-2005, 05:13 AM   #29
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Darn and Here I was hoping for a plaid colored lightsaber blade.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 03-26-2005, 11:35 AM   #30
Beyt
Lurker

Love the sabers! Nice work.

Always burn your bridges behind you. You never know who might be following.
Beyt is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2006, 03:07 PM   #31
Jetstorm
Rookie

Well, it sure has been a long time.

I decided to poke my head back in so that I can give an update to this mod. I have revised the saber blade colors. The colors are brilliant, easier to tell apart, and have a thinner beam. You can download the patch below. Enjoy!

Improved Glows
Jetstorm is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-24-2006, 11:37 PM   #32
ajikan
Lurker

darkkender....where is the download link for this mod? didnt see it in your post.
ajikan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-25-2006, 02:23 AM   #33
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajikan
darkkender....where is the download link for this mod? didnt see it in your post.
Wow I'm surprised I didn't have one. The download location is from pcgamemods. However I'm not sure if people can retrieve this mod from the cache there or not. However I'm going to download Jetstorms updated glows and add it to the original archive if I can find it and upload the mod to my site. After I upload the updated version I'll post a link here.

[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Old 04-01-2007, 07:16 PM   #34
doomsayerkevin
Lurker

Is there an alternate download location for this? The freewebs account's bandwidth seems to have been exceeded.
doomsayerkevin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-01-2007, 08:55 PM   #35
Eefluxx

I owuld also like to know if there is an alternate download location for this
Eefluxx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2007, 12:22 AM   #36
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
The link just worked for me, perhaps you need to try again.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-03-2007, 12:02 PM   #37
Eefluxx

Once again Thank you ReHawke, I just tried the link again and it worked for me this time
Eefluxx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2007, 08:37 PM   #38
2Cold Scorpio
Rookie

Question Help!

I installed this after having USM installed, so I kept USM's upcrystals.2da instead (since the readme said they're compatible). I loaded up a savegame from the Telos Acadamy. When I left, the following cutscenes played as normal, but when they ended, the game had Handmaiden in my party WHILE ON THE EBON HAWK; she wasn't in the cargo hold, and Bao-Dur wasn't in the garage. The workbench for this mod DID appear in the Hold, but items I created wouldn't be added to my inventory (despite using my components...). I tried going to another planet with Bao-Dur & Handmaiden; that worked fine, but when I re-boarded, Handmaiden wasn't in my party on the Hawk anymore (whew!), but she was nowhere to be found (and Bao-Dur still wasn't either). Note that Atton, T3, and Kreai were always in their proper places, and the deactivated HK-47 was still in his compartment.

Even stranger was that when Handmaiden was in my 'party' on the Hawk, and I followed the dialog options to spar with her, we respawned in the Hold, but the door was locked!

I uninstalled the mod, and were able to play through the next sequences as normal. I saved again right after touching down on Nar Shadda to be sure I was away from Telos' surface. Visas even spawned as she should afterwards.

So my question is do you need to start a new game to use this mod, did I just pick a bad place to install it, or did I install something wrong? Note I installed EVERY file EXCEPT upcrystals.2da because I was already using USM's (I have not modified it, either, unlike the globalcat.2da file, but everything concerning USM seems to work fine with my other mods thus far). No old files were overwritten, either...I'm a bit confused. DO I need to start a new game (knowing it would take about 5 hours before I knew whether it worked)? Help! It would be appriciated.

2Cold Scorpio, Rogues' Guild class 1A
www.GuildCom.us

"By the ancient spirits' rites, the old ghosts proclaim their rights; still they're lost in time." -"Blood on My Hands", Demons & Wizards
"We'll build a perfect beast with the knowledge they seek; if it takes ten thousand years, we never will retreat!" -"Prophecy", Iced Earth
"If you'll pardon my stealing of movie lines: The Force is with us" -Ronald W. Reagan
2Cold Scorpio is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > Lightsaber Crystal Expansion [REL]