lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Using the mouse in XWA (bear with me here)
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 06-14-2000, 04:07 PM   #1
DarthSidious

Question Using the mouse in XWA (bear with me here)

I realize that this same question has been asked hundreds of times, but I would like to play XWA on a laptop using the mouse cuz I'm not ready to shell out for a USB joystick. So, is it possible?

------------------
DarthSidious

"Now...Young Skywalker...You must DIE!!"
  you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2000, 04:35 PM   #2
K_Kinnison
Grey Lensman

Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! 
nope, nor is it possible to play jsut with the keyboard.

THe prgoram runs an Auto-detect, to make sure you do have a joystick, otherwise, it will not play
K_Kinnison is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-14-2000, 04:47 PM   #3
DarthSidious

I know, but I was wondering if there was a crack or a patch or smth.
Old 06-14-2000, 04:54 PM   #4
Coudrak

June 10, 2000 (extract of ATFW public chat

Quote:
[14:21] <Randy-Tachyon> plus, everyone HAS a mouse on a PC - fewer and fewer have joysticks these days, so it's something you have to really seriously consider not just supporting, but supporting well if you want your game to be accessible to lots of people

[14:21] <Bill|TotallyGames> You could in X-Wing and Tie Fighter, although it was very difficult
http://www.atfw.net/News/0600chat.html

[This message has been edited by Coudrak (edited June 14, 2000).]
Old 06-14-2000, 07:28 PM   #5
DarthSidious

I think he was referring to the original X Wing and TIE Fighter, which came with mouse support. It was hard to control with the mouse...
Old 06-17-2000, 04:12 PM   #6
MonkeyLight

well I actually used to use the mouse for fine tuning, I cant do that now and I dont have a joystick thta works just a pad. but that isnt good for lining up thats why I lked the mouse
Old 06-17-2000, 09:31 PM   #7
paulbarnard

certain versions of the MS Sidewinder come with a USB adapter (mine did at least). Then you're left to carry the bulky joystick to carry arround, but that's another problem entirely.

------------------
Paul Barnard
aka Bad Monkey
http://www.geocities.com/knight_watch_2000
knight_watch_2000@yahoo.com
Old 06-18-2000, 02:16 AM   #8
Y-Wing Prodigy

Back in yesteryear, when everyone was playing X-Wing, all you needed was a keyboard. The game could be won quite easily that way...
Unfortunately as the market is opening up and making way for profits, profits, profits, most games will not work unless you have some new shiny doo-whacky. In a word... massconsumptionhasbeenmetwithwholesalersanddevelop ersuppingrequirementsofsoftwaretoincreasemassconsu pmtion.

-It's a cruel business.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > XWingAlliance.net > 1. XwingAlliance > XWA General > Using the mouse in XWA (bear with me here)