lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How to become a Jedi
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-01-2005, 11:15 AM   #1
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist
 
Vladimir-Vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic Serbia and Monenegro, Belgrade
Posts: 1,553
Post How to become a Jedi

Have you ever thougth is it possible to be a Jedi? Huh?
What do you think? Does the Force exist? Maybe it does? But what is it really? Is it according to Lucas' eplenation something that controls everything? Or is it a our hidden abilites?

What do you say we explore this subject? Let's see.... and begin.

Let's exchange our knowledge and see what we have. Now before you stop reading this thinking how crazy I am, think about it and reply. I think that anyone can become a Jedi ( ).
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 04-02-2005, 07:17 PM   #2
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist
 
Vladimir-Vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic Serbia and Monenegro, Belgrade
Posts: 1,553
All right since no one believes me, (just as I thougth) I'll tell you something strange. In the last several months I started to feel what other people feel! (seriously ) By just looking at someone I knew what that one felt and thougth and what kind of life does he/she have and so on (UNBELIVEABLE!!!! ). I'm not kidding, I'll tell you the secret. After reading phsycology, I learned that this thing is called EMPATHY, it is a phsycological phenomenon and capability which all people have which allows a human to be sensitive to others (I mean REAL sensitivity like knowing what someone feels and thinks and felling and thinking the same). To do this here's what you have to do: Think and imagine that all people are connected in a way with each other; Focus on it! Look at a person, you will start to 'see' what that person feels and maybe even thinks, from it you will have a not-at-first clear picture of that persons personality, but your picture will be quite accurate! YES! You'll know how accurate it is by simply asking that person (don't cross the privacy line!!!).
Do it time and time again and you will start to sence emotions of all people around you. Just try it! It won't cost you anything.

P.S (IMPORTANT): One of the most important things necacery for this to work is to try and UNDERSTAND why do they feel like that how you 'see' it (you'll know by creating a picture of their lives).

Go ahead try it
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 04-02-2005, 08:13 PM   #3
Kariudo
Rookie
 
Kariudo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 29
You should team up with my brother...he is the same like you!Ok he dont think that he is a Jedi, he thinks other crazy stuff and so you two are real wierdos! :P

No offense but you asked for reply. ^o^

P.S. please dont use the force against me now, my life already is nothing else but a chaos :P
Kariudo is offline   you may:
Old 04-02-2005, 11:12 PM   #4
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Look, I enjoy STAR WARS, and think it's awesome, but I think you're taking to the extreme.... The force is a good idea and all, but... I think you're taking it to far.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 04-02-2005, 11:59 PM   #5
Drazin
Forumite
 
Drazin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: 2 weeks from everywhere
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally posted by Emperor Devon
Look, I enjoy STAR WARS, and think it's awesome, but I think you're taking to the extreme.... The force is a good idea and all, but... I think you're taking it to far.
Thats why Drugs are Illegal in the US.

Drazin is offline   you may:
Old 04-03-2005, 07:12 AM   #6
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sithô
 
RedHawke's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Stormreach CA.
Posts: 9,184
Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Let me tell you, the minute I can move objects with my thoughts (Telekinesis)... I'll do some practice and then I'm going to Las Vegas baby!

A lot of Roulette and Craps!!!


"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may:
Old 04-03-2005, 07:59 AM   #7
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist
 
Vladimir-Vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic Serbia and Monenegro, Belgrade
Posts: 1,553
Quote:
you two are real wierdos! :P
You didn't even try what I said Kariudo.

Quote:
I think you're taking it to far.
All right I'm a goof!

Quote:
Thats why Drugs are Illegal in the US.
You think I am druging, right? It is obvious that you didn't even try or thougth about what I said.

So I'll demonstrate it on you:

Kariudo, you're a high school student, you have problems with a professor, chemistry I think.
You try to fit in but sometimes they just won't let you be a part of a group. (me too) You sometimes wish that you were someone else. You feel a bit sad a time from time because you cannot talk to anyone not even you brother because he's a wierdo . You will feel a bit frigthened when you read this post but then a bit angry if some of these things are true what I said. I understand your sadness and loneliness because I am the same . And I see why is it in chaos.

Emperor Devon you are at the end of high school you're exited because of it and you're preparing a master prank for the end of high school that would make laugh everyone even you! You have multiple friends and you like to be a Charlie Chaplin kind of guy, but some people don't like you very much because you laugh every time someone suffers (not real suffering just for joke and cheering up). You still think and believe and feel that you're life is sometimes perfect (but it isn't acctuely ).

Drazin you have been a hot shot in your group for a long time because you defeated a bully that has tormented you for a long time since your childhood. You feel lonely because you act diferently in your group because if they see the real you they would abandon you, so you turned to this Forum hoping to find a soulmate (friend).

You see what I said. Tell me what is true of what I said.
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 04-03-2005, 08:59 AM   #8
Shok_Tinoktin
Ray's Gun Nut
 
Shok_Tinoktin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The good end of Ray's Gun, or the bad end of an AA gun
Posts: 1,144
Oooo, oooo, do me! (j/k)

I think what you are describing is more perception then anything else. You are able to pick up small clues and put together a lot from it. That being said, my belief system is actually fairly similar to the force, so I kind of agree with you. Especially the part of everyone being connected, that is one of my core beliefs. I'm not gonna get into the details of what I mean, but I'll just say I partially agree with you.

Oh, and I'm a real wierdo, too.
Shok_Tinoktin is offline   you may:
Old 04-03-2005, 09:14 AM   #9
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!
 
ChAiNz.2da's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Tennessee (USA)
Posts: 6,848
Quote:
Originally posted by RedHawke
Let me tell you, the minute I can move objects with my thoughts (Telekinesis)... I'll do some practice and then I'm going to Las Vegas baby!

A lot of Roulette and Craps!!!
RH buddy,

When you can do that, just remember me... I make a great Padawan hehehe


"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"


| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may:
Old 04-03-2005, 12:36 PM   #10
Drazin
Forumite
 
Drazin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: 2 weeks from everywhere
Posts: 664
Quote:
Drazin you have been a hot shot in your group for a long time because you defeated a bully that has tormented you for a long time since your childhood. You feel lonely because you act diferently in your group because if they see the real you they would abandon you, so you turned to this Forum hoping to find a soulmate (friend).

You see what I said. Tell me what is true of what I said. [/B]
You aren't even in the right ball park bub.
I never have been bullied, I've always been the "little brother" to 4 older sisters that made me all the friends I needed in School.
Out of school I went straight into my profession, where I have worked my way up the ladder through hard work and above average intelligence.
I am probably one of the few people you would ever meet that doesn't ACT one way or another. I am who I am and thats what people see. I'm old enough to know that I don't need to act a certain way to win the respect or friendship of certain people. Most people like me, some can't stand me. There isnt too much middle ground because I don't coddle people's feelings.
As for the forums, well... I like to talk. Whether its with people face to face or a couple thousand miles away. I've been a forum troll since I was introduced to computer gaming in the late 80's.

It was a good try bub, but no better than a horoscope message.

Drazin is offline   you may:
Old 04-03-2005, 01:34 PM   #11
Kariudo
Rookie
 
Kariudo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 29
There is some truth in what you said, some, but before someone already said that you could just put small clues together :P

And you are right i didn¬īt try it, but i dont believe such things, so even if it would work, i dont believe it would work for me too

and like before no offense, just what i think...
Kariudo is offline   you may:
Old 04-03-2005, 01:54 PM   #12
Master Bedhead
Rookie
 
Master Bedhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: by a computer presumably
Posts: 13
Hey, Vladmir I know what you are talking about, I get it too I feel what other people are experiencing.


You can't tell anyone that you're a Jedi because they'll just throw you in prison where the little men come in and beat you with spoons.
Master Bedhead is offline   you may:
Old 04-03-2005, 02:09 PM   #13
PoM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,145
I believe in that as much as i believe people can talk to animals!
...And i believe people can talk to animals.
I've seen them do it..
Ps: Try that stuff on me!
PoM is offline   you may:
Old 04-03-2005, 03:55 PM   #14
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
Emperor Devon you are at the end of high school you're exited because of it and you're preparing a master prank for the end of high school that would make laugh everyone even you! You have multiple friends and you like to be a Charlie Chaplin kind of guy, but some people don't like you very much because you laugh every time someone suffers (not real suffering just for joke and cheering up). You still think and believe and feel that you're life is sometimes perfect (but it isn't acctuely ).

You see what I said. Tell me what is true of what I said.
Sorry, but your prediction is partially incorrect. I'm in college, not high school, and I think it would be to risky to pull a prank. You are partially correct, though, that I delight in other people's misery and agony. I don't do it for laughs. Other people's misery just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. I'm not kidding. I'm not much of a Charlie Chaplin kind of guy either...

So out of three predictions, two were wrong... and one was half-right. A semi-lucky guess.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 04-03-2005, 04:18 PM   #15
StoneDragon
Rookie
 
StoneDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: No where
Posts: 178
Force? Real? Don't make me laugh.


LOTR and SW fan.

"We will die fighting with honor not with jealousy or for the lust of blood but for our love ones and for the innocent."

Hardcore gamer.

http://lauren.barelyfitz.com/pics/matrix-laugh.jpg

http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/heart2.gif
StoneDragon is offline   you may:
Old 04-03-2005, 05:30 PM   #16
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist
 
Vladimir-Vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic Serbia and Monenegro, Belgrade
Posts: 1,553
Quote:
So out of three predictions, two were wrong... and one was half-right. A semi-lucky guess.
You are wrong yourself, thinking it was a prediction, how do you think I guessed a bit of Kariudos life, it is empathy, I think I need to practice a bit, (so could you). So your atempt to dissapoint and ruin me and make me suffer was in vain (as I thougth you didn't even try it yourself!)

Quote:
A semi-lucky guess.
'If you have lived in a way like me you would realise that there is no such thing as luck'

Quote:
Oooo, oooo, do me! (j/k)
I seriously am not a astrologer or any of that B******T and I am not trying to become popular with this thread (I hate popularity ). I'll think about it, in the meantime try to see if others have it.

Quote:
I believe in that as much as i believe people can talk to animals!
Quote:
Ps: Try that stuff on me!
I'll think about it. (Elemantary school is S**T!! )

And Devon seriously try is yourself (don't expect quick resaults).

Quote:
Force? Real? Don't make me laugh.
If you don't believe it try it yourself!

P.S. Can someone please tell me when do you all go to this forum because I can't seem to catch anyone because of the damn time zones.
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 04-03-2005, 06:50 PM   #17
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
You are wrong yourself, thinking it was a prediction, how do you think I guessed a bit of Kariudos life, it is empathy, I think I need to practice a bit, (so could you). So your atempt to dissapoint and ruin me and make me suffer was in vain (as I thougth you didn't even try it yourself!)
I probably could use some more empathy. In middle school, elementary school, and high school I had to spend quite a bit of time with counselors... None of them suceeded in giving me a sense of ethics or empathy!

I was not trying to make you suffer by dissapointing you... I was merely telling you whether your prediction was right or wrong. If your prediction was correct, I would have said so. Besides, it's very hard to make others suffer over the internet.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
P.S. Can someone please tell me when do you all go to this forum because I can't seem to catch anyone because of the damn time zones.
I live in the northwest, so when I reply to you, it'll seem like I was typing at 1:00 A.M. or so. I usually come to LucasForums at about 4:00 on weekdays, reply to a few topics, and do it again a few hours later. On weekends I come here every now and then... Time zones are truly inconvenient.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 04-03-2005, 08:09 PM   #18
Shok_Tinoktin
Ray's Gun Nut
 
Shok_Tinoktin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The good end of Ray's Gun, or the bad end of an AA gun
Posts: 1,144
Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
I seriously am not a astrologer or any of that B******T and I am not trying to become popular with this thread (I hate popularity ). I'll think about it, in the meantime try to see if others have it.
I was just messing with you. That's what j/k stands for: just kidding. I only found it amusing that you made predictions about everyone that replied to you. I didn't seriously want you to try to use your empathy on me.
Shok_Tinoktin is offline   you may:
Old 04-04-2005, 01:28 AM   #19
Kariudo
Rookie
 
Kariudo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 29
But you forgot some obvious things about me to tell or maybe you just kept back with some informations and the time zone thing, i`m not from USA, or in a near time zone... so it should be really hard to catch me :P
Kariudo is offline   you may:
Old 04-04-2005, 04:02 AM   #20
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,365
10 year veteran! 
The power you speak of is within everyone, but people do not wish to use it. A man can understand a lot easily about another by using the process of deduction. I personally don't think that this is anything unique, but is a mere scientific method some minds are easier to catch up. (weird grammar)

Not that I'm against you, just some opinion and possible knowledge.

Can you try that thing on me?


Sabretooth is offline   you may:
Old 04-04-2005, 10:30 AM   #21
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist
 
Vladimir-Vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic Serbia and Monenegro, Belgrade
Posts: 1,553
Quote:
I had to spend quite a bit of time with counselors... None of them suceeded in giving me a sense of ethics or empathy!
I understand about the ethics thing . But empathy, now I don't understand (oh wait, empathy is about compassion, they don't have it ).

Quote:
But you forgot some obvious things about me to tell or maybe you just kept back with some informations
What's that supposed to mean?

Quote:
I only found it amusing that you made predictions about everyone that replied to you. I didn't seriously want you to try to use your empathy on me.
It is sometimes weird but it looks like that when ever I try to make somone laugh, it's stupid. But when I am myself, people have a heart attack each of laughing (try empathy on others )

Quote:
The power you speak of is within everyone, but people do not wish to use it. A man can understand a lot easily about another by using the process of deduction. I personally don't think that this is anything unique, but is a mere scientific method some minds are easier to catch up. (weird grammar)
Now there's a person that shares my opinion.

Quote:
Can you try that thing on me?
I'll try it when I have the time (school ) I'll try it on everyone that wants (anyone of you try it [seriuosly]).
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 04-04-2005, 11:16 AM   #22
Sivy
coming soon
 
Sivy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 7,314
Forum Veteran 
ok let me try you Vladimir-Vlada...

you have a brother or sister who is older than you. your parents are very proud of him/ her and often heap praise on them. sometimes you feel left out and you deal with this by spending a lot of time in your room alone.
You like computer games, fantasy books and sc-fi movies as it gives you escapism.
Your Life at the moment isnít fulfilling, so you often look to the future. Your school work suffers because of this. you already know what you want to do with your life, so you are not interested in stuff that isnít useful to you.
You have some friends, but only one you can really talk to. However they themselves have problems of their own, so you don't always get to tell them your feelings.


or you're a 40 year old glue-sniffing lap dancer, who eats a lot of chicken... i can't tell, i'm getting a lot of mixed signals here

Sivy is offline   you may:
Old 04-04-2005, 03:37 PM   #23
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I don't see how you can make predictions using empathy. I tried doing it, and it didn't work. The force does not exist.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I

Last edited by Emperor Devon; 04-25-2005 at 07:55 PM.
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 04-05-2005, 12:14 AM   #24
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves
 
stingerhs's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: between my ears
Posts: 4,641
Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
you can infer a lot by just simply looking at someone's personality and how they react to things. calling it the Force?? well, it'll land you some time in a padded cell if you're not too careful....

and Vladimir, deducing things about people's lives from the personality they project in the forums does not classify as using the Force. chances are, if you decided to profile me, you might get some things right based on both what i've posted and how i've posted it. otherwise, its pure speculation. you're guess could get several factors correct based on logic inference accounting for several social, economic, and culture references that you can pick up in what i've posted.

but a guess is still just a guess.


See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may:
Old 04-05-2005, 09:33 AM   #25
Kariudo
Rookie
 
Kariudo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 29
Valdimir if i would tell you, then where would be the fun?
And i think so too you could check the posts of us and then base it on them, but of course i didn`t posted much yet :P
But my life changed in some major things just some days before, oh don`t ask me what happen but i`m pleased with the changes
Kariudo is offline   you may:
Old 04-05-2005, 11:12 AM   #26
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist
 
Vladimir-Vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic Serbia and Monenegro, Belgrade
Posts: 1,553
Quote:
you have a brother or sister who is older than you. your parents are very proud of him/ her and often heap praise on them. sometimes you feel left out and you deal with this by spending a lot of time in your room alone.
Quote:
Your Life at the moment isnít fulfilling, so you often look to the future. Your school work suffers because of this. you already know what you want to do with your life, so you are not interested in stuff that isnít useful to you.
MAN 7/10 things that you predicted about me were TRUE . You only were a bit wrong about the brother/sister thing: I have a younger brother who is jelous at me (It's because he thinks that our parents love me more just because they talk about more serious subjects with me). But tell me seriously where did you get the lap dancer thing ?

Quote:
I tried doing it, and it didn't work. The force does not exist.
Devon didn't I say in one of my posts that you should NOT EXPECT QUICK RESAULTS? You try it once, it dosen't work and you automaticly give up ? What is wrong with you or maybe you just didn't read my posts well (if you haven't read my empathy post correctly than read it again ) Or maybe you are not trying enough or you don't believe in it. Try some of these things than post me .

Quote:
you can infer a lot by just simply looking at someone's personality and how they react to things. calling it the Force??
I am not saying that just empathy is the Force, I am saying that were missing something, and we all probably have telekenisis (we'll talk about the telekenisis thing later, for now let's just stick to empathy and the Force ), so if we do have something like the Force, we could exchange information to train ourselves.

Oh and by the way Kariudo, I am basing conclusions on ALL the posts. And there is something amiss with you, unbeliveable things have started to happen to you, some good, some bad. Some professors have started to like you, your brother is becoming smarter and you are reaching new resaults. As far as I can 'see' someone has made peace with you, a cusin perhaps .
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 04-05-2005, 12:03 PM   #27
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,355
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 

Prime is offline   you may:
Old 04-05-2005, 12:14 PM   #28
Kariudo
Rookie
 
Kariudo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 29
You practiced didnīt you?

Its not a cousin ( believe you mean that with cusin :P) and new results...slowly to slow if you ask me...but just talking about results, that can mean nearly anything :P
Kariudo is offline   you may:
Old 04-05-2005, 01:48 PM   #29
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist
 
Vladimir-Vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic Serbia and Monenegro, Belgrade
Posts: 1,553
Very funny Prime (what's with that guy? )

Thank you Kariudo for complimanting me (still haven't tried it didn't you?).
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 04-05-2005, 02:05 PM   #30
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Here's some proof the force does not exist.

Lucas came up with the force. If it existed, wouldn't he have predicted how a lot of people dislike Jar Jar and the Anakin in Episode II, and excluded them from the films? (or found a better actor for Anakin.) If he'd done those two things, he'd probably have made more money. But he didn't. Even the guy who came up with the force doesn't acknowledge its existence.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 04-05-2005, 02:35 PM   #31
Kariudo
Rookie
 
Kariudo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 29
Right i still didn`t tried it.
But you said earlier that if someone isn`t trying enough or don't believe in it, it wont work.

Lucas didn't invented the "Force" because thats only a name , so he did nothing but creating a nice story The idea about all that stuff already existed for many centuries by the time Lucas made his Story! So thats no proof sorry :P

If i believe my bro of course
Kariudo is offline   you may:
Old 04-05-2005, 02:57 PM   #32
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves
 
stingerhs's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: between my ears
Posts: 4,641
Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
http://torch.cs.dal.ca/~mroger/threa...getoutmore.jpg note: i changed the [img] code to [url] for length


See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may:
Old 04-05-2005, 03:34 PM   #33
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally posted by Kariudo
Right i still didn`t tried it.
But you said earlier that if someone isn`t trying enough or don't believe in it, it wont work.

Lucas didn't invented the "Force" because thats only a name , so he did nothing but creating a nice story The idea about all that stuff already existed for many centuries by the time Lucas made his Story! So thats no proof sorry :P

If i believe my bro of course
What is it you mean, exactly?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 04-05-2005, 07:09 PM   #34
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist
 
Vladimir-Vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic Serbia and Monenegro, Belgrade
Posts: 1,553
Emperor Devon, just because Lucas created some characters that were anoying to others and didn't use emapthy to predict it, dosen't mean that there is on such thing as a Force.
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 04:40 AM   #35
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,365
10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
dosen't mean that there is on such thing as a Force.
I haven't seen any proof that the Force exists. Maybe mankind is too immateur to use it just yet. But I still believe in the force, but not in the way depicted in Star Wars.


Sabretooth is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 10:22 AM   #36
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist
 
Vladimir-Vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic Serbia and Monenegro, Belgrade
Posts: 1,553
Quote:
I haven't seen any proof that the Force exists. Maybe mankind is too immateur to use it just yet.
Oh, don't be such a pessimist! Mankind just isn't aware of it. But to stop further confusion here's my theory (actuely half-theory) about the Force:

The Force actuely represents our hidden abilities (powers like empathy and telekenisis-[later discused]) which we you to connect with other people and make our life easier, I for one think that the most important of these powers is empathy, because it can allow people to get along, understand each other, connect with each other, help each other and that's because I focus most of my energy on empathy, to help other people: to be a Philosopher and Phsycologist. But we study this to become Jedi, to be better people (don't we ).

Ah, guys what do you say?

P.S. And people this conversation is not just between Emperor Devon, Kariudo and me, it's between all of us and it's about ALL of us, so don't be shy and join in.
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 11:12 AM   #37
Kariudo
Rookie
 
Kariudo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 29
You misunderstood me or i' m just too bad

What i wanted to say was that the Force is only a NAME, we could call it any name we want :P

And people who believed in it existed long time before something like television or cinema was invented or even the USA created :P

So if Lucas cant use the "Force" that is a proof for absolut nothing

I hope you now understand what i wanted to say...

Btw whats about telekenisis? I cant believe such a thing because, like someone said before, why wouldn't they just visit Las Vegas? :P

And if this works, someone could study it to become a "jedi" but he also could wish to become something other then a "jedi" maybe a Gungan :P
Kariudo is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 11:56 AM   #38
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,355
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
All that stuff is just hocus pocus made up by storytellers of all sorts. It has no basis in reality. You are looking for something that isn't there.

Prime is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 12:55 PM   #39
nas77
Rookie
 
nas77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: London, England
Posts: 241
What an... interesting thread this is. I didn't want to get invovled at first, but what the hey...

I can kinda see where Vlad's coming from. I wouldn't close myself off to the possibility that feelings of empathy, what people would call their 'gut feeling', good fortune, accurate predictions, etc. are the tip of an iceberg which makind will someday realise to include a wide range of extra-sensory perceptions we never knew existed before. It's been said there are areas of our brain for which no use has yet been determined - perhaps they, if harnessed properly, dictate powers of telekenesis, telepathy, etc.

But to call that the Force and say people who can use it are Jedi... nah. That's just a story. Get over it.


"Take this guy... armed robbery, double homicide... has a taste for theatrics, like you... he leaves a calling card..."
nas77 is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 01:07 PM   #40
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
All that stuff is just hocus pocus made up by storytellers of all sorts. It has no basis in reality. You are looking for something that isn't there.
My point exactly!

Quote:
Originally posted by nas77
But to call that the Force and say people who can use it are Jedi... nah. That's just a story. Get over it.
Took the words right outta my mouth!

The force does not exist. It is part of a very good story, but like many stories, it isn't real, and simply does not exist. Is there a reason why you're coming up with these ludicrous theories?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > How to become a Jedi

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.