lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How to become a Jedi
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-06-2005, 01:48 PM   #41
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves
 
stingerhs's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: between my ears
Posts: 4,641
Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
All that stuff is just hocus pocus made up by storytellers of all sorts. It has no basis in reality. You are looking for something that isn't there.
once again,


See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 02:20 PM   #42
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot
 
LukeKatarn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Arch-angel
Posts: 2,413
Attempting to read peoples minds sucesfulyl with empathy does not make you a jedi, you still don't have a ligthsaber, can't use telekenisis, can't run uber fast, so even if you COULD read peoples minds, that does NOT make you a Jedi.


Luke Katarn, Colonel of the Lemmonite army.

Clan Commando, join us, and help the Republic! Visit our thread in the Republic Commando forums for more info.

Do you like RPing and have Jedi Academy? Then you should come to JARPing! (Jedi Academy Role Playing) www.freewebs.com/jarping

X-box live gamertag: LukeKatarn
My RPing site: http://voltx.proboards36.com/index.cgi
My aim SN: LukeKatarn
My e-mail: LukeKatarn@yahoo.com
LukeKatarn is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 02:40 PM   #43
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally posted by stingerhs
once again,


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 02:43 PM   #44
Boba Rhett
I Slay Dragons
 
Boba Rhett's Avatar
 
Status: Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Man-Room in Missouri
Posts: 13,806
Current Game: Scrolling Eldery
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! 
I sense much anger in you.



.... hey... wait a minute...
Boba Rhett is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 03:23 PM   #45
Shok_Tinoktin
Ray's Gun Nut
 
Shok_Tinoktin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: The good end of Ray's Gun, or the bad end of an AA gun
Posts: 1,144
Quote:
Originally posted by LukeKatarn
Attempting to read peoples minds sucesfulyl with empathy does not make you a jedi, you still don't have a ligthsaber, can't use telekenisis, can't run uber fast, so even if you COULD read peoples minds, that does NOT make you a Jedi.
Being a Jedi is not at all about slicing people up with a lightsaber, or running really fast. It's about holding to certain ideals, and developing a greater understanding of the Universe.
Shok_Tinoktin is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 04:57 PM   #46
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist
 
Vladimir-Vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic Serbia and Monenegro, Belgrade
Posts: 1,553
Quote:
What i wanted to say was that the Force is only a NAME, we could call it any name we want :P
Quote:
Correct!
Quote:
Btw whats about telekenisis? I cant believe such a thing because, like someone said before, why wouldn't they just visit Las Vegas? :P
Quote:
I'll explain the telekenisis thing: that subject is a bit touchy and unstable and not complete so we'll discuss it later.
Quote:
And if this works, someone could study it to become a "jedi"
Quote:
This will surely work, and I don't just mean someone, I mean EVERYONE, get it .
Quote:
It has no basis in reality. You are looking for something that isn't there.
Quote:
Man, no wonder some people don't like you, you wnat to fool yourself and others that no one has it. But that is not true what you say, because everyone has it, even YOU!
Quote:
I can kinda see where Vlad's coming from. I wouldn't close myself off to the possibility that feelings of empathy, what people would call their 'gut feeling', good fortune, accurate predictions, etc. are the tip of an iceberg which makind will someday realise to include a wide range of extra-sensory perceptions we never knew existed before. It's been said there are areas of our brain for which no use has yet been determined - perhaps they, if harnessed properly, dictate powers of telekenesis, telepathy, etc.
Quote:
Now there's a person who knows what I am talking about!
Quote:
But to call that the Force and say people who can use it are Jedi... nah. That's just a story. Get over it.
Quote:
UUUUmmmmm, .... It is obvious that you don't understand what I am trying to say, I am trying to say that everyone has it!
Quote:
but he also could wish to become something other then a "jedi" maybe a Gungan :P
Quote:
*Because of the funniness of the thing Kariudo said Vlada spits all of the food and drinks on the floor *
Sorry for quoting half of my reply people, I notceid (thanks to Hannibal) that I posted in the wrong thread.

Quote:
The force does not exist. It is part of a very good story, but like many stories, it isn't real, and simply does not exist. Is there a reason why you're coming up with these ludicrous theories?
You seriously sound like a bureaucrat (just kidding ) why don't you try more for instance (seriously) I mean don't you want to be a guardian of peace, tolerance and justice?
Maybe in your 50-ies you may have stories to tell to your grandchildren .

Quote:
once again,
It seems like that stingerhs is one of the few people that support and believe me. Why dosen't anyone want to be a Hero?

Quote:
Attempting to read peoples minds sucesfulyl with empathy does not make you a jedi, you still don't have a ligthsaber, can't use telekenisis, can't run uber fast, so even if you COULD read peoples minds, that does NOT make you a Jedi.
Don't you want to be a Jedi?



Quote:
Being a Jedi is not at all about slicing people up with a lightsaber, or running really fast. It's about holding to certain ideals, and developing a greater understanding of the Universe.
With this what just Shok_Tinoktin is made one of the most genuine people on this thread.

WHY DOSEN"T ANYONE WANT TO JUST SEE IT?
Being a Jedi is about what Shok_Tinoktin, nas77 and I said, if anyone has more theories post them.
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 05:40 PM   #47
nas77
Rookie
 
nas77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: London, England
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
Being a Jedi is about what Shok_Tinoktin, nas77 and I said.
Hey, whoa, I don't wanna to be quoted in that context. What I said had nothing to do with being a Jedi; I was talking about ESP. I was coming from a more, sorta X-Files perspective than SW...


"Take this guy... armed robbery, double homicide... has a taste for theatrics, like you... he leaves a calling card..."
nas77 is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 05:53 PM   #48
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
Don't you want to be a Jedi?
No.

Are you having any serious problems at home? That could explain your idea about the force...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 06:58 PM   #49
THE MANDALORE
Rookie
 
THE MANDALORE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Punjab
Posts: 142
Quote:
What do you think? Does the Force exist? Maybe it does? But what is it really? Is it according to Lucas' eplenation something that controls everything? Or is it a our hidden abilites?
Hey Vladimir-Vlada,

There are people of certain religions that belive in the force.

If you watched the original documentaries by GL, he specifically stated that he created the Jedi order from Buddhism. Buddhists believe in the same principals as Jedi. They believe in controling their emotions, and in meditation. GL also said that Yoda was created to mirror 'Buddha' and all jedi were his followers.

Also, if you watched CNN during the time of Episode I, you would have seen a broadcast in which they talked about how 250,000 people wanted the census board to add 'Jedi' as a religion. (I found this very amusing).



"Mundiyan to Bach Ke"
- Best Punjabi Song of the Year
THE MANDALORE is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 07:02 PM   #50
RaV™
I Came I Saw I Conquered
 
RaV™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: On Top Of The World Baby
Posts: 1,490
Quote:
Originally posted by Emperor Devon
No.

Are you having any serious problems at home? That could explain your idea about the force...
I'd want to be some Dark Jedi, but that was only if we were in the same galaxy as where it was based..


http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6469/ssigvv2.gif
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
RaV™ is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 07:33 PM   #51
tk102
Well past expiration date
 
tk102's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 5,766
Current Game: Fallout 2
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Darth_Krow looked up at the skies and said
...but that was only if we were in the same galaxy as where it was based..
And how do you know we're not in that galaxy?

Perhaps the opening words are being directed at a race of beings in a galaxy far, far away a long, long time in the future?


tk102 is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 07:38 PM   #52
RaV™
I Came I Saw I Conquered
 
RaV™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: On Top Of The World Baby
Posts: 1,490
Quote:
Originally posted by tk102
And how do you know we're not in that galaxy?

Perhaps the opening words are being directed at a race of beings in a galaxy far, far away a long, long time in the future?
Point taken.


http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6469/ssigvv2.gif
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
RaV™ is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 08:28 PM   #53
The Hidden One
Junior Member
 
The Hidden One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hiding
Posts: 350
I think I kinda have what Vlad has. But not that big of a power. if theres any
I think it's called deja vu where you see or hear something and feel you've already heard it or seen it. It's kinda wierd and I always stop and think "This can't be happening!"


" Quoting yourself is so lame."-ME
The Hidden One is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 11:09 PM   #54
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves
 
stingerhs's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: between my ears
Posts: 4,641
Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
as for me, i couldn't care less if there really was a "Force". personally, it doesn't fit my belief structure, and i haven't seen any evidence to the contrary. call it ignorance or bigotry if you like, but as i've stated in several previous threads, if you are going to claim something then back it up with a reputable citation.


See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 11:45 PM   #55
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I
 
lukeiamyourdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada
Posts: 8,274
LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by THE MANDALORE


Also, if you watched CNN during the time of Episode I, you would have seen a broadcast in which they talked about how 250,000 people wanted the census board to add 'Jedi' as a religion. (I found this very amusing).

Now this is a religion I want to be part of

Seriously though, if anyone here had the force, they would've figured it out that I was a guy before people started looking.


http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may:
Old 04-06-2005, 11:49 PM   #56
RaV™
I Came I Saw I Conquered
 
RaV™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: On Top Of The World Baby
Posts: 1,490
Are they force sensitive though?


http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6469/ssigvv2.gif
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
RaV™ is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 03:34 AM   #57
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月
 
Sabretooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 9,364
This thread is - WOW!

Jedi: I'm with Shok on this one. A Jedi is a bringer of justice, not a bad-guy slicer.
Force: A concept being explored by humankind, and was introduced and made famous by GL.

I had heard of some 'Hibbs particle' or comething, not exactly clear, but they said it may just possibly be what the world calls 'The Force'. I'll check it out and post it.


Sabretooth is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 07:02 AM   #58
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist
 
Vladimir-Vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic Serbia and Monenegro, Belgrade
Posts: 1,553
Quote:
I was coming from a more, sorta X-Files perspective than SW...
All right Mr Mulder, I see your point and could you do us a favor and STOP talking about your Alien crap, you IDIOT!!! AND START DOING SOMETHING USEFUL!!!!!

just kidding

Quote:
Are you having any serious problems at home? That could explain your idea about the force...
I was looking through your and Prime's posts and asked myself......... Who is a bigger GROUCH, you or Prime!
Man, an hour after I post this reply I'm going to start a thread called 'Prime or Devon' to determine who is a bigger grouch.

Quote:
If you watched the original documentaries by GL, he specifically stated that he created the Jedi order from Buddhism. Buddhists believe in the same principals as Jedi. They believe in controling their emotions, and in meditation. GL also said that Yoda was created to mirror 'Buddha' and all jedi were his followers.
Thanks for the info Mandalore, Oh and by the way is your thread 'If KOTOR was real...' thread still active?

Quote:
Also, if you watched CNN during the time of Episode I, you would have seen a broadcast in which they talked about how 250,000 people wanted the census board to add 'Jedi' as a religion. (I found this very amusing).
Maybe WE could start a Jedi as a Order of peace keepers and justice bringers.

Quote:
I think I kinda have what Vlad has. But not that big of a power. if theres any
Oh, come on!

Quote:
and i haven't seen any evidence to the contrary
We were discusing and evidence for EIGHT DAYS! Empathy is one of the proofs, you can't beat that, HA

Quote:
Seriously though, if anyone here had the force, they would've figured it out that I was a guy before people started looking.
Everyone is!

Everyone has the Force!

Quote:
Are they force sensitive though?
Quote:
Jedi: I'm with Shok on this one. A Jedi is a bringer of justice, not a bad-guy slicer.
Quote:
Force: A concept being explored by humankind, and was introduced and made famous by GL.
You're a GENIUS, I completly agree!!!!

Quote:
had heard of some 'Hibbs particle' or comething, not exactly clear, but they said it may just possibly be what the world calls 'The Force'. I'll check it out and post it.
No need to waste time, it is just a physics term when you reach light speed, you become energy and light is considered as part of you. Conclusion: The Hibbis Particle is a complete waste of our time.
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 07:14 AM   #59
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
That would be interesting, to start a thread to see if me or Prime is the bigger grouch.

Back on topic: You have such a great idea about the force...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 07:25 AM   #60
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist
 
Vladimir-Vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic Serbia and Monenegro, Belgrade
Posts: 1,553
Quote:
That would be interesting, to start a thread to see if me or Prime is the bigger grouch.


HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Quote:
Back on topic: You have such a great idea about the force...
I am stupid ain't I? (I am!)



Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 07:28 AM   #61
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist
 
Vladimir-Vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic Serbia and Monenegro, Belgrade
Posts: 1,553
Devon, if you seriously think we are wrong somewhere, post a reply of your idea about the Force (seriously).
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 07:32 AM   #62
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I have don so multiple times. I believe that the force does not exist. It is a good story, nothing more. You are taking it to the extreme. Excuse me if there are any errors in my typing, but I'm teying to bercome nocturnnal. *mede sl[ep*


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 07:42 AM   #63
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist
 
Vladimir-Vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic Serbia and Monenegro, Belgrade
Posts: 1,553
Man, Devon where are you hurrying to, it's not like that university is going to run away from you if you draw out 5 stinking minutes to developing emathy or telekenisis to become a Jedi, bringer of justice and peace-keeping?!

And people where are YOU? Where did Kariudo go, where is lukeiamyourdad, what happened to stingerhs, what about Prime or Darth333, what about Crying_Fate or Bastila??

COME ON PEOPLE, DON'T YOU REALISE THAT WE ALL HAVE IT!!! AND WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ONLY CERTAIN PEOPLE HAVE THESE ABILITIES, YOU WOULD GIVE UP EVEN IF SOME OF YOU ONLY HAVE IT???
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 07:45 AM   #64
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist
 
Vladimir-Vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic Serbia and Monenegro, Belgrade
Posts: 1,553
Quote:
YOU ONLY HAVE IT???
I wanted to say HAD IT??? but I made a mistake, sorry . All right I'm going to pause browsing through this Forum for about an hour, and I'll be back in about an hour, SEE YA!!
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 07:49 AM   #65
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
[B]Man, Devon where are you hurrying to, it's not like that university is going to run away from you if you draw out 5 stinking minutes to developing emathy or telekenisis to become a Jedi, bringer of justice and peace-keeping?! B]
I'm on shpring brejk. I do"nt newd to go tpe unviserity. I' nbecoming nocurnal as an exporiemnt for a gew days../ if i did nerd to go i woildn't bw here... excuse the poir graamer and speluing. empathy is not a necesarry thiong to have. Ahiiiiio wld wdij; wadii../ nerd sleepp./

Editg... I'f your wondring why I'm here it kerps m e awalke...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 07:54 AM   #66
Kariudo
Rookie
 
Kariudo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 29
I'm still around and what happend today to me was really frightening...
Dont know what else i could add at the moment...

@Devon go get some sleep...
Kariudo is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 08:00 AM   #67
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes
 
Emperor Devon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,479
Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally posted by Kariudo
@Devon go get some sleep...
Nooi../ Tyuping keepps me awakei


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 08:21 AM   #68
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves
 
stingerhs's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: between my ears
Posts: 4,641
Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
Quote:
We were discusing and evidence for EIGHT DAYS! Empathy is one of the proofs, you can't beat that, HA
so your "proof" is that you can read a bunch of posts and deduce through logic what a person is?? and your "proof" entirely exists in the form of your own words??

empathy is not a proof, no matter what you seem to think. being able to study peoples habits and mannerisms to deturmine who they are is not some 'new' discovery that you just found out. in criminalistics, there's something called profiling in which people study the similar characteristics and motivations for several linked crimes and deturmine, with fair accuracy, what that person is like. the process is psychologically and socialogically based, not based on the 'Force'. the fact that you can do something similar by reading peoples' posts in a forum is somewhat different, but only to a degree.

if you manage to find any real evidence, then post it. until then, quit trying to convince the rest of us of your "proof".


See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 08:31 AM   #69
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist
 
Vladimir-Vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic Serbia and Monenegro, Belgrade
Posts: 1,553
Hello, I'm BACK

Quote:
I'm on shpring brejk. I do"nt newd to go tpe unviserity. I' nbecoming nocurnal as an exporiemnt for a gew days../ if i did nerd to go i woildn't bw here... excuse the poir graamer and speluing. empathy is not a necesarry thiong to have. Ahiiiiio wld wdij; wadii../ nerd sleepp./
Man go get some sleep.

Quote:
I'm still around and what happend today to me was really frightening...
I've seen someone fight too.

Quote:
Nooi../ Tyuping keepps me awakei
All right Binks sleep.

Quote:
so your "proof" is that you can read a bunch of posts and deduce through logic what a person is?? and your "proof" entirely exists in the form of your own words??
Did you even read other people's posts or were you just looking for holes in my theory, other people have good theories, better than mine.

And I didn't see YOU posting any proof that neither you nor anyone has it. HA .

P.S. I don't understand why does stingerhs even bother complaining. Maybe it's because he is afraid of becoming a SITH!!!

Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 08:46 AM   #70
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves
 
stingerhs's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: between my ears
Posts: 4,641
Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
^^^^
what the heck did you do?? read the first half of my post and skip the second?? or do you simply prefer to ignore reason?? i'll quote what i posted earlier for your benefit, but your ignorance is disturbing.
Quote:
empathy is not a proof, no matter what you seem to think. being able to study peoples habits and mannerisms to deturmine who they are is not some 'new' discovery that you just found out. in criminalistics, there's something called profiling in which people study the similar characteristics and motivations for several linked crimes and deturmine, with fair accuracy, what that person is like. the process is psychologically and socialogically based, not based on the 'Force'. the fact that you can do something similar by reading peoples' posts in a forum is somewhat different, but only to a degree.
and if you want to see proof of its existence and what it entails i'll post a couple of links below:

first link: http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminol...nalprofiling2/
second link: http://www.criminalprofiling.ch/introduction.html

once again, i'm waiting for at least some form of documentation on this 'empathy' concept.


See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 09:03 AM   #71
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist
 
Vladimir-Vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic Serbia and Monenegro, Belgrade
Posts: 1,553
You think that emapthy is just a name for CRIMINAL PROFILING!!!! Are you nuts?

Here's some links, COWARD:

http://www.empathy.com/
http://www.nwrel.org/scpd/sirs/7/cu13.html


UNBELIVEABLE!!!!There are instructions on how ot DEVELOP empathy!!!!! HUUHUHUHRARARAHHRH!!!!
I've read it, and did it, it works.

P.S.Beat that Prime,Devon and stingerhs!!!!
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 09:35 AM   #72
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves
 
stingerhs's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: between my ears
Posts: 4,641
Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
wow, you have just so completely misunderstood your own sources. nowhere in any of your sources does it involve actively 'connecting' with someone's mind or the likeness of which you have been implying in any of your previous posts.

according to your own source:
Quote:
an empathic response is one which contains both a cognitive and an affective dimension....the term empathy [is] used in at least two ways; to mean a predominantly cognitive response, understanding how another feels, or to mean an affective communion with the other.
this does not involve a mind to mind connection or anything similar. what your source states on empathy involves being able to understand someone's situation through observation of their actions and conversations about their concerns. through these actions, you will be able to become empathetic to an individual's situation.

that is what your sources say, not a connection through the 'Force'. your ideas are just as far-fetched as i first assumed, and now you've even provided me with the proof.

and do realize that so far i've matched you point for point in this 'debate'. calling me a coward because i've risen to the challege you presented is insulting.


See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 10:34 AM   #73
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist
 
Vladimir-Vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic Serbia and Monenegro, Belgrade
Posts: 1,553
It is similar to connection between people and probably not explored enough, by the way did you even LOOK at the deveploping section and did you even try it? And about the Coward thing, yes it was a low punch and I apologise.It's just that I don't understand why don't you want to become a Hero (Jedi), I mean everyone can.

If you want, then keep asking questions or writing or thinking.

But if you say no, than that would mean that I am talking to the wrong person, But that deosn't give YOU a reason to ruin somones hope or dreams (Warining: I don't mean mine) just because YOU don't want it or don't believe in it!

P.S. I wrote the COWARD thing to tell you that it is cowardly to back off from something that can be explored and learned from, but it was a mistake to say it and I apologise.
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 11:48 AM   #74
stingerhs
Follow the Wolves
 
stingerhs's Avatar
 
Status: Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: between my ears
Posts: 4,641
Current Game: Dead Space
Forum Veteran Roleplayer LFN Staff Member Helpful! 
i didn't say there was anything wrong with the concept, so don't assume that. i merely stated that its pretty far-fetched. the idea of empathcizing with someone is a desireable and attainable goal, but for me it doesn't go as far as 'connecting' with someone through some make-believe 'Force'. if you choose to believe that way, then that's your own personal decision. i just happen to believe that both sides of an issue need to be explored for the casual reader before they make their own personal decision, as should all personal decisions. influencing others based on factual information is one thing, but influencing them on personal convictions or opinions is an entirely different matter.


See the struggle of the faithless lot as they negate their time
How low to sink to the depths of their frame of mind

stingerhs is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 01:17 PM   #75
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,345
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
First of all, no flames or name calling, people. This is a warning. If it continues the thread will be closed.

Quote:
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
Being a Jedi is not at all about slicing people up with a lightsaber, or running really fast. It's about holding to certain ideals, and developing a greater understanding of the Universe.
But what is being discussed here has nothing to do with gaining a greater understanding of how the universe works. If anything, its trying to take a concept from a matinee serialish movie and trying to apply it to older mind-power concepts that have no evidence of existing in the first place. Thus, you are in essence reducing your underatanding of how the real world works.

Until one of you brings the slightest scientific (i.e. Not some person saying she has it) evidence that ESP, telekinesis, or things of that sort exist, then the discussion mearly degenerates into "I am a Jedi because I say so." Until you are able to show that these things actually exist, then you do not have a leg to stand on. Since Vlad is the one making the claim, it is up to him to provide scientific evidence of such things. You have not done so. Things like empathy can and have been explained in the past using real world principles and observing how individuals interact with each other. You are misinterpreting what the definition of what empathy means, and what the researchers are refering to in the article you quoted. That article shows that your mystic views of empathy are incorrect. The same with deja vu and the like. You are choosing to ignore the actual explanations, and instead apply concepts displayed in a fantasy film.

It is all well and good to say that you want to follow the ideals shown in the film, but that is by no means an indication that mystical concepts and plot devices are in fact at work in the real world. And you have provided nothing that would suggest otherwise.

You've asked for theories, and people here have given you some. But you are not looking for debate, you seem to be looking for yes men. Because as soon as someone disagrees with you, you call them cowards or grouchy, and say that they are trying to ruin your hopes and dreams. From what I've seen, you have seen Star Wars and like what the Jedi are, and are trying to make yourself one, and want the concepts shown in the film to be real. If you were into X-Men, perhaps you would be coming here claiming that you/others have mutant powers.

At some point you will learn that these are stories designed for entertainment, and not ment to be a commentary on how the real world functions.

Prime is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 03:20 PM   #76
RC-1162
Liquidious Fleshbag
 
RC-1162's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,447
Current Game: SW:TOR
Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Helpful! 
the force is real huh? i only wish it was but i know it isnt.bcuz if it was id get away from this sick&polluted planet and go to dantooine or coruscant using a starship i built using the force to guide my hand with only this comp, an internet connection(using a satellite so i can talk here), my tv , my AotC DVD and my KotOR game and a stolen KotOR II game and bcum a jedi then come back here and slaughter Osama.(kidding abt the osama prt )


Duct Tape is ALWAYS the answer
RC-1162 is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 03:48 PM   #77
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist
 
Vladimir-Vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic Serbia and Monenegro, Belgrade
Posts: 1,553
Quote:
First of all, no flames or name calling, people. This is a warning. If it continues the thread will be closed.
I don't see any conflicts on this thread? Do you??

I'm sorry if I was rough, I'll stop being such a grouch.

Quote:
But what is being discussed here has nothing to do with gaining a greater understanding of how the universe works. If anything, its trying to take a concept from a matinee serialish movie and trying to apply it to older mind-power concepts that have no evidence of existing in the first place. Thus, you are in essence reducing your underatanding of how the real world works.
Quote:
Until one of you brings the slightest scientific (i.e. Not some person saying she has it) evidence that ESP, telekinesis, or things of that sort exist, then the discussion mearly degenerates into "I am a Jedi because I say so." Until you are able to show that these things actually exist, then you do not have a leg to stand on. Since Vlad is the one making the claim, it is up to him to provide scientific evidence of such things. You have not done so. Things like empathy can and have been explained in the past using real world principles and observing how individuals interact with each other. You are misinterpreting what the definition of what empathy means, and what the researchers are refering to in the article you quoted. That article shows that your mystic views of empathy are incorrect. The same with deja vu and the like. You are choosing to ignore the actual explanations, and instead apply concepts displayed in a fantasy film.
Quote:
It is all well and good to say that you want to follow the ideals shown in the film, but that is by no means an indication that mystical concepts and plot devices are in fact at work in the real world. And you have provided nothing that would suggest otherwise.
Quote:
You've asked for theories, and people here have given you some. But you are not looking for debate, you seem to be looking for yes men. Because as soon as someone disagrees with you, you call them cowards or grouchy, and say that they are trying to ruin your hopes and dreams. From what I've seen, you have seen Star Wars and like what the Jedi are, and are trying to make yourself one, and want the concepts shown in the film to be real. If you were into X-Men, perhaps you would be coming here claiming that you/others have mutant powers.
Quote:
At some point you will learn that these are stories designed for entertainment, and not ment to be a commentary on how the real world functions.
You are right Prime. It seems like that I am seriously an arogant being that just wants to complete it's fantasy, I have called names and I apologise to ALL, there is no such thing as the Force, no one can be a Jedi, I am just an idiot who dosen't care about anyone . I came to this Forum thinking that I could become with some people a better person and to have friends, but yet I just insulted everyone. I am sorry for existing, because all I can do is destroy everything and insult everyone, I should be ashamed. To prove that I am serious, I will unsubscribe from this Forum so that I won't ruin anyone's life ever again. But the worst thing here, at this point is that I (deep inside myself) wish that I am right, but I try to deal with it, that I am wrong, I have always been wrong, and I always will be wrong, maybe it's because I watched too many movies. It looks like that I will never get used to it that I will always be wrong, and that I am a DISGUSTING,DESPERATE creature.

So Goodbye everyone, it is doubtful that any of you will ever see me again, you were one of the greatest people that I have ever met.

Goodbye,
Farewell.

All of you.....

P.S. When I unsubscribe, close all my threads, my posts and replies. Close especially 'How to Become a Jedi' thread, because that is where I ruined everyone's life.

And don't be mad at Prime or Devon, be mad at me, they didn't insult you, I did..................

Goodbye, Forever........................................... ..
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 03:49 PM   #78
jedi3112
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 500
About the Force existing as in SW, I wouldn't know. I must say I think the existance of the Force is far more likely than say a God or Allah or something like that. Off course we won't know for certain untill proven (and once the existance of one thing is proven the question that comes is 'What is above that layer?'). And I still am a bit sceptical about it, but I wouldn't call it impossible. I must also say SW could very well be placed in this galaxy in the future (Earth could turn into something like Coruscant, I mean just look at New York, but it will take quite some time). I just wouldn't expect to see anybody shooting lightning from their fingertips.

And off course I wouldn't be much of a Jedi, I'd rather go to the casino and make a few million. I would still have to use the win some lose some situation, otherwise it would be a bit suspicious.
jedi3112 is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 05:29 PM   #79
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?
 
Prime's Avatar
 
Status: Super Moderator
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cybertron
Posts: 12,345
Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
I don't see any conflicts on this thread? Do you??
Conflicts are fine, but they must be done without calling people names. Debate and disagreement is welcome. And the warning wasn't directed soley at you.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
I am just an idiot who dosen't care about anyone .
You are over reacting...

Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
I came to this Forum thinking that I could become with some people a better person and to have friends, but yet I just insulted everyone.
While I can hardly see how posting at Lucasforums can make you a better person, there is nothing stopping you from making new friends. And I'm sure no one has put you on their "To Kill" list just yet...

Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
I am sorry for existing, because all I can do is destroy everything and insult everyone, I should be ashamed.
You are over reacting...

Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
To prove that I am serious, I will unsubscribe from this Forum so that I won't ruin anyone's life ever again.
I don't think you have ruined anybody's life, since I don't think anybody's life revolves around what is posted at Lucasforums.

At least, jeez I hope not...

Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
at this point is that I (deep inside myself) wish that I am right,
Which was the whole point of the original argument...

Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
but I try to deal with it, that I am wrong, I have always been wrong, and I always will be wrong, maybe it's because I watched too many movies.
Man, now I feel like I told someone that Santa Clause wasn't real.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
It looks like that I will never get used to it that I will always be wrong, and that I am a DISGUSTING,DESPERATE creature.
That is a tad melodramatic, no?

Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
So Goodbye everyone, it is doubtful that any of you will ever see me again,
That really isn't necessary...

Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
you were one of the greatest people that I have ever met.
What? This horrible bunch? We are all a bunch of hooligans! Especially stingerhs...

Just kidding stingerhs. * gives stingerhs a noogy *

Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
P.S. When I unsubscribe, close all my threads, my posts and replies. Close especially 'How to Become a Jedi' thread, because that is where I ruined everyone's life.
There really isn't a need. Besides, it is my personal policy to all life-ruining threads open.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
And don't be mad at Prime or Devon, be mad at me, they didn't insult you, I did..................
Well, I'm sure I have insulted everyone here at one point or another. It is what brings me joy as a moderator.

Prime is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 06:40 PM   #80
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist
 
Vladimir-Vlada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Republic Serbia and Monenegro, Belgrade
Posts: 1,553
I just came to see what was happening, and to see why am I still receving mails about replies even though I unsubscribed
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > How to become a Jedi

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 AM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.