lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: How to become a Jedi
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-07-2005, 06:58 PM   #81
The Hidden One

Vlad I'll read your emotions.

Hm...
You were born in Bulgaria to a family who disliked you and were always thinking and imagining things that were unrealistic and pepole thought served no purpose. You had a few friends but people grew to dislike you because you would never go any where or do anything. When you first saw Star Wars you thought "Hey that Force is real, I think I have it!" So you locked yourself in your room trying to lift things with your mind but failed miserably.
You are a teenager and a little while ago you "discovered" empathy and try to read people's emotions and sometimes you do, but mostly you don't.

Also this "empathy" is a process of deduction. A man who was terrorizing New York a few years back with bomb threats was finally caught after a few years of searching. And a person guessed exactley what he was wearing and what he looked like through studying his handwriting and other things.

And the "Empathy" I used is just deduction, if any of the info is write I guessed.

Or so you think

" Quoting yourself is so lame."-ME
The Hidden One is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 07:18 PM   #82
Shok_Tinoktin
Ray's Gun Nut

Location: The good end of Ray's Gun, or the bad end of an AA gun
Quote:
Originally posted by Prime
But what is being discussed here has nothing to do with gaining a greater understanding of how the universe works.
I never said that it was, I was just replying to this:

Quote:
Originally posted by LukeKatarn
Attempting to read peoples minds sucesfulyl with empathy does not make you a jedi, you still don't have a ligthsaber, can't use telekenisis, can't run uber fast, so even if you COULD read peoples minds, that does NOT make you a Jedi.
Let me just explain again, what my opinion is on this, again. What is being described as 'evidence', I believe to be merely perception and deduction. As far as the force being possible, my spiritual beliefs have some similarity to it, but I'm not going to get into all that. As far as being a 'Jedi', I dont think 'the force' or 'magical powers' or any of that is necessary. It's about an ideal, and following that ideal. In the movies, 'force sensitives' were selected as Jedi, because they were most capable when it comes to putting these ideals to good use. I think avoiding fear, anger, and hatred; as well as promoting knowledge, compassion, and justice are honorable goals, and attainable by anyone.
Shok_Tinoktin is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 07:27 PM   #83
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
I think avoiding fear, anger, and hatred; as well as promoting knowledge, compassion, and justice are honorable goals, and attainable by anyone.
Yeah but it ain't as cool without a lightsaber...

http://www.marioramos.ca/ -A friend of mine and an aspiring filmmaker.
lukeiamyourdad is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 07:32 PM   #84
RaV™
I Came I Saw I Conquered

Quote:
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
I feel naked without mine :-P

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6469/ssigvv2.gif
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
RaV™ is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 08:14 PM   #85
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
I never said that it was
I know you weren't. I was just using that statement to make my point.

Prime is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 08:19 PM   #86
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir-Vlada
You are right Prime. It seems like that I am seriously an arogant being that just wants to complete it's fantasy, I have called names and I apologise to ALL, there is no such thing as the Force, no one can be a Jedi, I am just an idiot who dosen't care about anyone .
If you did not care about anyone, you would have no sense of empathy. Although I disagree with your opinion about the force, I think you are overreacting.

Quote:
Yet I just insulted everyone. I am sorry for existing, because all I can do is destroy everything and insult everyone, I should be ashamed.:
You have not insulted anyone. I think we all overreacted a bit. if all you were capable of doing is destroying and insulting, you would have no desire to be a Jedi.

Quote:
To prove that I am serious, I will unsubscribe from this Forum.
There is no need to do that just because some people disagreed with you. It's always good for there to be new members at LucasForums. (Provided that they have correct spelling, punctuation, and grammer. (Just kidding. ) )

Quote:
I won't ruin anyone's life ever again.
You have not ruined my life, or anyone else's. Why is it you think that?

Quote:
But the worst thing here, at this point is that I (deep inside myself) wish that I am right, but I try to deal with it, that I am wrong, I have always been wrong, and I always will be wrong, maybe it's because I watched too many movies. It looks like that I will never get used to it that I will always be wrong, and that I am a DISGUSTING,DESPERATE creature.
You are overreacting once again. I fail to see how you'll always be wrong just because you were once. At some point in their lives, people tend to believe something ridiculous. (For instance, I once believed in god and Santa Claus.)

Quote:
you were one of the greatest people that I have ever met.
I wouldn't go that far.

Quote:
because that is where I ruined everyone's life.
You did nothing of the sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may:
Old 04-07-2005, 11:13 PM   #87
THE MANDALORE
Rookie

Quote:
Thanks for the info Mandalore, Oh and by the way is your thread 'If KOTOR was real...' thread still active?
Hey, your welcome.

And I believe my thread was still active the last time I checked.

PS-
You didn't ruin anyone's life. You started a very fine discussion if you ask me.

PPS-
You started this thread on April Fools Day (america). I hope this wasn't a joke.

"Mundiyan to Bach Ke"
- Best Punjabi Song of the Year
THE MANDALORE is offline   you may:
Old 04-08-2005, 08:40 AM   #88
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

Hello, People

I am sorry for not fullfiling by promise, but I return to this Forum, and I SWEAR I will never insult anyone just because they have a different opinion than mine, and I will do all that is nececeary to fullfil this one.

Quote:
You were born in Bulgaria to a family who disliked you and were always thinking and imagining things that were unrealistic and pepole thought served no purpose.
Well, I'm not from Bulgaria because my people and the Bulgarians have a ......Trobuled history (WW1), my parents didin't dislike me but it is true that they always wanted to view everything from a realistic perspective.

Quote:
You had a few friends but people grew to dislike you because you would never go any where or do anything.
Correct.

Quote:
When you first saw Star Wars you thought "Hey that Force is real, I think I have it!" So you locked yourself in your room trying to lift things with your mind but failed miserably.
You guessed it.

Quote:
You are a teenager and a little while ago you "discovered" empathy and try to read people's emotions and sometimes you do, but mostly you don't.
I try as much as possible to use empathy but the rest is true.

Quote:
As far as being a 'Jedi', I dont think 'the force' or 'magical powers' or any of that is necessary. It's about an ideal, and following that ideal.
Now what you are talking about is not being a Jedi, it is philosofy and ethics, and I think too that following an ideal and goal is what life is all about.

Quote:
In the movies, 'force sensitives' were selected as Jedi, because they were most capable when it comes to putting these ideals to good use.
I don't judge people by their capabilities, I judge them by emotions, ethics and moral.

Quote:
You started this thread on April Fools Day (america). I hope this wasn't a joke.
It's not a joke, this is serious.

This time I will gather scientific evidence, anyone else who believes in this can gather too. If I can't find some information I will study something to determine something, same thing for the rest.

Oh, by the way the lightsaber thing........

I accidentaly came across a web page where there are instructions on how to BUILD one. But I can't say.... It's too dangerous.
Vladimir-Vlada is offline   you may:
Old 04-08-2005, 09:21 AM   #89
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

I have found several scientific evedences that cofirm everything what we claimed on thie forum:

Empathy
Telekenesis
Ethics

It looks like that we can finally be Heros? Eh?
Old 04-08-2005, 09:33 AM   #90
PoM

I'm happy you didn't leave lucasforums, and you shouldn't be sorry for existing....anyway!
This thread is still active, so i guess..
Well, let's just say that..
The "force" is a word..
And a human can only use (crap, i've forgot how many) percent of their brain, but humans are still evolving, and animals have all this kind of stuff.
How else would birds navigate and always fly correctly?
How do they know whos the leader?
How can they know when something bad is gonna happen?
I tell you, all of our senses are gone, because of all the stress in a humans life.
But it's still there, but hard to find.
And, well..
Personally, i think "The force" is a great word for it, so even if it's no force, just natural senses.
You can't make stuff levitate (probably) and you can't shoot lightning stuff.
But this is still special, and i believe in it.
And, what i would call it is the force.
Even though we can probably do this,
I guess we can't become jedis.
Not jedis, not heroes.
We can be humans.

Ps: This was my longest post ever.
PoM is offline   you may:
Old 04-08-2005, 10:08 AM   #91
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

I am sorry piece of metal, but you sound like a pesimist. It's not that bad, read my last posts and visit the webpages I posted.

P.S. To chear you up 6 hours after this post, if everyone agrees, i'll post the instructions on how to build a lightsaber, and everyone can be a Jedi (it's just a matter of choise). Now the lightning thing doesn't exist but there is empathy and telekenesis that is the Force in a certain way (if you're interested read my last post).

NOTE: I found several other phenomenons like clayvorant dreams and telepathy but that is just to much (I know the webpages for those).
Old 04-08-2005, 12:32 PM   #92
Kariudo
Rookie

I'm glad that you didn´t leave :P
If i should have enough time and the motivation i will read the websites you posted
Kariudo is offline   you may:
Old 04-08-2005, 01:42 PM   #93
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Quote:
I have found several scientific evedences that cofirm everything what we claimed on thie forum:

Empathy
You are going to have to read that article again, as you've completely missed what they are talking about. The empathy they are refering to is not dealing with telepahy.

Quote:
Telekenesis
I think that you will have to go somewhere else than Ellie Crystal homepage for scientific knowledge...

Quote:
Ethics
??

Quote:
It looks like that we can finally be Heros? Eh?
Heroes without any form of supernatural powers...

Old 04-08-2005, 02:01 PM   #94
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

Quote:
You are going to have to read that article again, as you've completely missed what they are talking about. The empathy they are refering to is not dealing with telepahy.
Mmmmm, posted the wrong web page, I think.

Quote:
I think that you will have to go somewhere else than Ellie Crystal homepage for scientific knowledge...
What's wrong?

Quote:
??
You're gonna need it to be a Jedi.

Quote:
Heroes without any form of supernatural powers...
The things we're talking about aren't super powers they are sort of hidden abilities.

I'll try to look for more evidence.....
Old 04-08-2005, 02:03 PM   #95
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

Oh, yes, I nearly forgot... Should I post the web-page containing the instructions on how to build a lightsaber?
Old 04-08-2005, 02:37 PM   #96
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

Hhhmmmhmhm......
This is interesting...

More Empathy
More Telekenesis

If these aren't enough, please don't be mad, I'm trying my best....
Old 04-08-2005, 03:46 PM   #97
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Quote:
What's wrong?
There is nothing scientific about what you've posted. Start with this, and see how it applies. Once again, a person saying that something exists is not proof.

Quote:
More Empathy
More Telekenesis
The Empathy link is talking about the same thing as your previous empathy link. Once again it is not talking about telepathy. The second link is more of the same as the crystalinks page, and actually links to that. There is no scientific evidence on this site either.

But I applaud your efforts to provide evidence to back up your claims.

Old 04-08-2005, 05:02 PM   #98
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

First of all, I am not just saying. Secondly I tried to gather evidence.

But since I can't find evidence, the reason may be that it hasn't been discovered or worked on yet! So I might as well start working and gathering scientific evidence, if I wish to become not just an Astronomer, Biologist, Phsycologist and Philosofer but also a Jedi.

P.S. About the lightsaber... I ask the Moderator team to post the instructions for lightsaber buliding. If the permission is given, then please I thet ask one of the Moderators send the permission to this thread. I will then post the web-page.

(Where is everyone?)
Old 04-08-2005, 05:03 PM   #99
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

First of all, I am not just saying. Secondly I tried to gather evidence.

But since I can't find evidence, the reason may be that it hasn't been discovered or worked on yet! So I might as well start working and gathering scientific evidence, if I wish to become not just an Astronomer, Biologist, Phsycologist and Philosofer but also a Jedi.

P.S. About the lightsaber... I ask the Moderator team to post the instructions for lightsaber buliding. If the permission is given, then please I thet ask one of the Moderators send the permission to this thread. I will then post the web-page.

(Where is everyone?)

...and empathy is not telepathy, and I was not talking about telepathy.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:19 PM   #100
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
(Where is everyone?)
They're here.

This is what you did when you double posted.

Quote:
Old 04-08-2005, 05:36 PM   #101
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

All right, here's a idea I came up with about this thread:

Whoever wants to take part in this, and disucss this, should make theories about this, study this and gather evidence about this. Maybe when we all show our discoveries, theories and evidence we could confirm wheter can everyone become a Jedi.

What do you say?

Quote:
They're here.
Quote:
This is what you did when you double posted.
Why is my post a spam?
Old 04-08-2005, 08:59 PM   #102
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Quote:
Why is my post a spam?
It's the exact same thing you posted a little while ago, which you posted to "bump" the thread.

Quote:
Old 04-08-2005, 09:36 PM   #103
The Hidden One

You shoudn't bump,

SPAMMER

my post is probaly spam also

Old 04-09-2005, 04:08 AM   #104
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hidden One
You shoudn't bump,

SPAMMER

my post is probaly spam also
No it's not, correcting someone cannot be a spam, can it?

<_<

>_>

Sabretooth is offline   you may:
Old 04-09-2005, 06:26 AM   #105
PoM

Quote:
I am sorry piece of metal, but you sound like a pesimist.
I did that on purpose...I hope.
Anyway, i wanna be a part of this stuff!
I tried your telekinesis link, printed out all eleven pages about it and read all of it.
I'm still trying to make the needle-match-thingy move.

...*reads everything again*
Hmm...Can take 6 weeks to 6 months of training...
Gotta get going!
Old 04-10-2005, 03:00 PM   #106
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

Sorry for not posting a day or two, I was at my grandmother's.

Anyway, to make things easier for everyone here's my theory:

EMPATHY:

Empathy is the ability that all people have and it is most commonly expresed (ex. When your friend lost a job, he/she is sad, because he/she cannot feed his/her children, and then you start feeling sad because you understand him/her and you wish to help him/her) which can be only explained through phsycology, and the way I understood the things that were mentioned in the texts it seems like that the three most important things that make emapthy are: COMPASSION, UNDERSTANDING and LISTENING.

PROOF:

http://www.empathy-and-listening-skills.info/

TELEKENESIS:

Telekenesis is the ability to move objects with the power of you minds. This ablitiy in praticular can be explained thruogh Biology, Physics and Physics. Because from the texts I have read, it seems like that telekenesis happens because of the Brainwaves in the mind which are Bio-electrical and emit a electro-magnetic field (LINKS: Biology
Physics
Phsycology )
So as far as I can see this isn't such a dumb thing afterall (after reading these texts). So the only thing remains: How to control and improve the electromagnetic waves in your brain (since electro-magnetism is like gravity: exists everywhere between everything), this thing should be ONLY valued if my previous TELEKENESIS link doesn't work.

Quote:
Hmm...Can take 6 weeks to 6 months of training...
I think that six weeks are taken to learn how to focus on other objects (SINGULAR only!) and movve them. And six months for the entire brain electro-magnetic field.
Old 04-10-2005, 04:03 PM   #107
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
that stuff you posted may be true but in my personal opiniopn you are taking this a bit too far. Don't let my opinion stop you though.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may:
Old 04-10-2005, 04:04 PM   #108
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
o something i forgot: having to do with if the force is real and stuff: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may:
Old 04-10-2005, 04:54 PM   #109
PoM

I found a book in my basement about psi-abilities and such.
Reading it now...
Quote:
o something i forgot: having to do with if the force is real and stuff: Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.
...but since blasters don't exist, i bet telekinetic electro magnetic energy wave stuff can beat that!
Old 04-10-2005, 07:52 PM   #110
The Hidden One

Then what about a shotgun?

Old 04-10-2005, 10:26 PM   #111
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Shotguns are lame.

Desert Eagles FOREVER!!!

Old 04-10-2005, 10:28 PM   #112
RaV™
I Came I Saw I Conquered

Nah, the M16's with the grenade launcher attachment

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6469/ssigvv2.gif
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
RaV™ is offline   you may:
Old 04-10-2005, 10:33 PM   #113
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Pff...modern weapons.

The only ones I like is the AK-47 and Desert Eagle. One because it's cheap and easy to take care of and the other is cool.

But anyway, Tommygun>everything

Old 04-11-2005, 12:26 AM   #114
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

All those weapons are pathetic against a nuke.

Quote:
Old 04-11-2005, 12:29 AM   #115
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Nukes are lame. Only cowards who don't want to face their enemies in combat would use them

Old 04-11-2005, 04:50 AM   #116
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
^^^^
I agree Nukes are very lame... unless we start talking Sci-Fi Capital Ship Combat.
Quote:
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
But anyway, Tommygun>everything
I'll have to disagree... though the .45 Thompson is cool...

5.56mm/7.62mm Mini-Gun > Everything!

"Time to let ol' Painless out of the bag!" - Predator I

[Jolee Bindo] What was this thread about again? [/Jolee Bindo]

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may:
Old 04-11-2005, 06:34 AM   #117
lukeiamyourdad
Using Teletraan I

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by RedHawke
5.56mm/7.62mm Mini-Gun > Everything!

"Time to let ol' Painless out of the bag!" - Predator I
I remember reading an article about it that said that the mini-gun could not be portable like that and after a few rounds the user would find himself trown back or killed by the recoil

Old 04-11-2005, 07:44 AM   #118
Vladimir-Vlada
Counselor Idealist

UUUUMMmmmuumu......

People, we were disucssing our hidden abilities, but OK , anyway it's true that electro magnetic brain wave is powerful (the web pages I supplied might do the trick to start controling your electro magnetic brain energy field), but Kalashnikov RULES!

And read this paragraph carefully... About the Lightsaber...

Quote:
Quote:
I feel naked without mine :-P
*Vlada turns his head lef and right to see if anyone is listening *

I know a web page where there are instructions on how to build a Lightsaber! (SERIOUSLY!) Does anyone want me to post the web page?

WARNING:

This thing may be FULLY FUNCTIONAL and UTERLY DANGEROUS!
Old 04-11-2005, 08:40 AM   #119
jedi3112

OK post the website, the best thing about being a Jedi is the lightsaber isn't it. About the thing being dangerous, well don't look into the saber.

BTW it is possible to make a blaster, it just requires a battery so large you can't carry it.
jedi3112 is offline   you may:
Old 04-11-2005, 11:23 AM   #120
PoM

Or infinite power energy cell thingys

...But i'll use my psychokinetic skills to pull the blaster outta your hands...
Post a new thread. Sorry, this thread is closed. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Community > Ahto Spaceport Cantina > How to become a Jedi