I love my x-box and play Halo 2 on it very regularly. However, if Halo 2 was out for PC I would have chosen PC. I've played Star Wars Battlefront on the x-box but am glad I went with the PC version. Why?
1. The x-box is becoming/has become a bit of a dinosaur and its hardware specs and abilities are sadly lacking. PCs are so much more powerful and it really shows. The graphics on my PC are crystal but my x-box is pixelly and the colour is grainy. Star Wars Battlefront on the PC looks great.
2. I also like the fact that I can play online Star Wars Battlefront multiplayer for free. I can use free x-box tunneling software like XBConnect, but support and interest for Star Wars Battlefront on the x-box is not so popular.
3. I do have voice chat for my x-box but I love going into a server and seeing text messages. Whether it's curses, praise, or greetings it all adds to the gaming atmosphere. If PC gamers really feel the need to speak using team speak like applications then there's always that option available.
4. The PC mouse and keyboard provide much better overall gameplay control when compared to a game pad. Some people prefer the game pad and will totally master it but not me. Game pad players regardless of skill will always need the auto-aim feature to really excel as game pads are not built for high accuracy. Game pads have their place but for me it isn't in Star Wars Battlefront. Even devices like Smart Joy Frag that allow x-box users to use a keyboard and mouse do not provide the total control of a PC.
5. PC is more flexible and versatile. Mods and better user control allow for more complex customisation. Sure you can mod the x-box and maybe even convert PC maps to the x-box environment but it's not within everybody's capabilities. PC is a lot more user friendly in that respect.
If you haven't played Star Wars Battlefront on the x-box then let me assure you that you're not missing a thing by playing it on PC.
but don't love