lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: monkey island 2 amiga vrsn for sale
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 03-14-2006, 11:03 AM   #41
Largo LaGrande
Rookie

Wink

Hello their Joshi I never said the composition changed its always going to be the same composition. I was trying to say in as little words as I could the quality and the arrangement of the amiga and mac version was down to the hardware and how the hardware made the music sound which is the reason why pc version differs a great deal from the Amiga and the Mac version. That is a fact it definately isnt bogus and most gamers did have an Amiga instead of a pc back then thats not bogus thats common knowledge im not mentioning anything new or bogus thats for sure.
Quote:
I can accept your opinion, I have nothing against you liking the Amiga version better please note, it wasn't me or Thrik who challenged this, next time someone asks why you like something, you really shouldn't have to prove yourself, tis your life.
Joshi I never said you have anything against me or anyone else having an opinion. But when I was the first person in this post who said its all down to personal preference and opinion which you like best we all have our favourites and yet Thrik said.
Quote:
At the end of the day, it's simply down to preference I keep thinking that you'll agree on this
It deserved a 459 word rant about personal preference and opinion hope you understand now thanks man.

"Remember wherever you are on sea or land you can't hide from Largo LaGrande"

Last edited by Largo LaGrande; 03-15-2006 at 08:11 AM.
Largo LaGrande is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-14-2006, 12:02 PM   #42
Alien426
'll take away your bucket

It is Thrik, not Thirk.

For someone who's not good with words, you write an awful lot of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largo LaGrande
the arrangement for the pc version differs a great deal from the Amiga and the Mac version
arrangement: look it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largo LaGrande
I think the Amiga version is alot better than the PC version because it is the origional version it has better sound and music the game the graphics and the sound and music look and sound better because Monkey Island 2 was made for the Amiga.
Need I say anything?

Alien426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2006, 08:42 AM   #43
Largo LaGrande
Rookie

Alien You dont understand so I will explain.

The composition of the music never changed it was always the same music for all versions but the quality and the arrangement of the Amiga and the Mac was down to the hardware and how the hardware made the music sound. Which is the reason why pc version differs a great deal from the Amiga and the Mac version. The hardware for the pc version was more advanced and arranged the sound of the music differently.

The hardware handles the music for your games imagine it as an orchestra in your computer the better the computer hardware the better the orchestra.

Cool website buy the way try these 2 their also very good.

Video games music more great music and some great links http://www.ocremix.org/

Game endings excelent website. http://www.gamerevolution.com/goodie/endings

Old 03-15-2006, 10:24 AM   #44
Thrik
Symbolically Compelling

Hot Topic Starter Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
The problem with that line of thinking is that the quality of the sound is completely relative to the hardware. While most people did and still do have cheap sound cards which produce awful-sounding music, it's perfectly possible to plug in something more advanced and get sound which far surpasses the Amiga.

Parts of the MI3 soundtrack and most of the MI4 soundtrack are based on MIDI, albeit with really high quality synths handling the sound. It's not quite as cookie-cutter clean as that, but it puts into perspective how good MIDI can sound on a PC. I'd rather have slightly differently arranged music with far higher synth quality than relatively crappy Amiga quality myself, but again, that's down to preference.

But if we're talking authenticy rather than "sounds good", then why not just get a Roland MT-32 and plug that into your PC? Then you'd have music which sounds pretty much exactly as the composers planned as the music was in fact designed using one. Turn off the graphic filtering so that you have the original pixellated artwork and you'll pretty much have a perfectly authentic experience (unless you're going to go insane and tell me that being reduced to 32 colours somehow makes it more authentic).

Thrik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2006, 12:37 PM   #45
Alien426
'll take away your bucket

Anyone who hasn't heard the HighLand Productions MP3s should do so now. I wish the music would sound like the Underground Tunnels Orchestral Remix in the game.

Alien426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-15-2006, 01:54 PM   #46
Thrik
Symbolically Compelling

Hot Topic Starter Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
I've actually been after a higher-than-128kbps version of that for ages. If anybody knows where I can get one (or has one), do let me know.

Thrik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-16-2006, 07:18 AM   #47
Largo LaGrande
Rookie

Yea the underground tunnels remix is great I like video games music more than normal music and have a large collection. I also do my own versions of video games music for fun by playing Sonic The Hedghog, Night Trap, Monkey Island 2, Final Fantasy on electric piano for fun i try to make them sound exactly the same as they are in the games im thinking of putting them on http://www.ocremix.org/

Guys you got to go here and game endings or old games adverts http://www.gamerevolution.com/goodie/endings Check out the Nintendo glove advert and look out the the checky grin the guy gives at the end.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:33 PM   #48
Dimitris
Lurker

personally i like the pc version more than the amiga version.The graphis are better with the 256 colours and about the music...i like more the music via roland and in pc version there are a lot more music backgrounds than the amiga.Does anyone have monkey 2 in macintosh version?
Dimitris is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-08-2007, 04:53 PM   #49
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
This threads over a year old.

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Monkey Island Discussion > MI Chat > General MI Discussion > monkey island 2 amiga vrsn for sale