lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Does anyone know a good strategy for Geonosis: spire?!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-06-2005, 12:01 PM   #1
stefanlinden
Rookie

Does anyone know a good strategy for Geonosis: spire?!

Does anyone know a good strategy for Geonosis: spire, because i often lose on that map in single player mode. usually i am the republic. so if you know one, can you help me?
stefanlinden is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2005, 11:44 PM   #2
Schizo89
Lurker

i dunno if it's considered a strat, but i just get bots to follow me, then storm the two east and west things... then i just keep storming the spire itself until i take it, and cut off their reinforcements... i ignore vehicles, cause frankly i think the wheel droid sucks, and the walker is too unweildy... the only time i use vehicles is when i decide to try to take out the trade federation ships... works every time for me...

-The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
-The idea is to die young as late as possible.
-Drive carefully. 90% of the people in the world are caused by accidents.
-He who dies with the most toys, is, nonetheless, still dead.
-I haven't lost my mind--it's backed up on disk somewhere.
-You need only two tools: WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.
Schizo89 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2005, 02:57 AM   #3
stefanlinden
Rookie

Thanks
Old 04-08-2005, 08:05 PM   #4
BeBop
Rookie

Mostly going along with Schizo's strategy, I usually ensure that the 2 bunkers are taken asap. This cut's off their vehicle supply And since their are no spider or Hailfires to stop your at-tes you can move on to the Techno Union Ships in the back. This drives them back to the spire. Then you can just take them out when they come out one of the entrances (whichever your team isn't going in through is better) and bleed their reinforcements white. Or if you really want to take it, get a Jet trooper and enter through the hangar hole on the northwest side of the spire. (Bot's don't usually stick around there, you might die but you can cause alot of damage probably)

Tackle Cuddle!
BeBop is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2005, 05:33 AM   #5
stefanlinden
Rookie

I have found that when you are a jettrooper, you can fly through the exit of the Geonosian Starfighters, so you can suprise them a little...

Always stay cool, drink lot's of water.
Try and get your life's mission before it's over...
Old 05-08-2005, 12:07 PM   #6
AAI
Rookie

This is usually what I do:

Republic:

Get an i/LAAT (or whatever it is) gunship and pack it full. Head round to the Techno Union Ships, and blast them as much as you can. By the time they almost explode, the AT-TEs will be heading past the spire. Use them to spawn Jet Troopers to the west, and infiltrate the Spire hangar. Blast the droids in the war room and capture the spire. Hold onto it as much as possible, as the Seperatists are now suffering a Reinforcement Drain. The bulk of your forces should now be defending the Assembly Area, and the Derelict, as if they're taken/destroyed, you'll end up having your gunships gone, or most of your units bombarded as they try to retake the Derelict. For that, I usually mine the derelict passes. When the Seperatists are almost finished, bring a force to the East and West Bunkers and capture them to end the battle.

Hope this helps.
AAI is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2005, 06:24 PM   #7
JaWaJake
Lurker

Do all you can to hold the Spire, the Derelict, and at least one of the bunkers, preferably the East. If you can maintain the Spire, and the area between the Derelict and East Bunker, usually it will give your ground troops a chance to stick it out. I've had sucess working between East Bunker and the Spire, and spawining at the Derelict, though many times it's a tough journey back to the Spire or East Bunker if C.I.S. makes a good push. Try to domo that cannon on the ground at the East Bunker closer to the Derelict while you're at it.
JaWaJake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2005, 08:29 PM   #8
Darth n00b
Rookie

Get a gunship and load it full or get a wheel droid and go to the tecno unit ships and blow them up, then take the spire by beeing a jet trooper and fly up to the hangar and suprise the gurards inside and wait for your teammates to spawn so you have some cover when you exit. Then take one of the bunkers, then the other...
Darth n00b is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-09-2005, 11:49 AM   #9
jediofdoom

well there are several tips i find useful:

Both sides:
-the ridge around the edge of the map is a great sniping point
-Lay mines on the ammo and health droids

CIS:
-defend the spire (at all costs)
-defend the techno union ships
l-ay mines in the path of the AT-TE's
-Destroy the AT-TE's ASAP
-take out the gunships

Republic:
-Destroy the techno union ships ASAP
-If you want to control an AT-TE be a clone pilot
-Take the 2 side bunkers ASAP
-Take the spire and then defend it
-use gun ships to take out droids and droid veichles so they dont cause too mucth hassle for the AT-TE's

these are some useful tips ive used

[Plague]
[For]
[Today]

I know what you're thinking, I know how you're feeling, Believe me. You're not alone.
jediofdoom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2005, 01:22 AM   #10
stefanlinden
Rookie

I now win nearly every time on Geonosis. Thanks to the strategys from you all. Thanks!

Old 07-13-2005, 03:41 PM   #11
manuch2k5
Lurker

yeah i know one RUN LIKE HELL
manuch2k5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-16-2005, 12:45 PM   #12
jediofdoom

hmmmmm not normally the best strategy but hay...too each his own

[Plague]
[For]
[Today]

I know what you're thinking, I know how you're feeling, Believe me. You're not alone.
jediofdoom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-17-2005, 02:06 AM   #13
stefanlinden
Rookie

If you run you still don't be the last one in the scores.
Because all the AI-Bots kill their teammates

Old 07-26-2005, 04:47 PM   #14
ARC_commander
Lurker

never trust the ai to pilot vechicals the will always crash them

i just play for fun to put mine on gunships blow up beakwings put 100 mines on the AT-TE

[IMG]www.captaincomics.us/columns/images/troopers_sm.jpg[IMG]
ARC_commander is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-31-2005, 08:32 PM   #15
Landlover13
Lurker

its always fun if ur on ez tho buy lie down really close to the destroyer and then its cant get u 8 unill the shields go down the bomb its really hard works (if no other droids are around
Landlover13 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-18-2006, 05:38 PM   #16
Darth Newfie
Rookie

hope I'm not bumping but the best thing to do id get a gunship, get it full of allies and head to the tecno union ships. Use all your missiles and let the AI manning the laser turrets destroy each ship. After each one you will have to head back to the cp at the end of the map to refill on rockets. Once the 3 ships are down, you and your passengers should move into the spire. Capture it. Then you and Mace Windu should be able to thin out the enemy.

Don't use the AT-TE, it takes too long...
Darth Newfie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-07-2007, 11:26 AM   #17
darthy duck
Rookie

this is what i do on geonosis

1. get in the republic gunship (fly off without any clones)
2. fly to the techno union ships try and avoid the CIS ships
3. start shooting the techno union ships as the pilot
4. when you are waiting for the guns to cool down switch to co-pilot and continue shooting the ships
5. and when they overheat switch to the gunner positions and shoot, then return to the pilot position and continue the process (do this for all the ships, you can do it twice as fast in splitscreen)
6. then go land in the spire, run in and shoot all droids nearby (there should be very few) then start to take over the command post (this takes ages)
7. if a droid or geonosian spawns or arrives shoot them, if a droideka spawns run up to it before it gets its blaster out, shoot it while running around it in a circle so it cant aim for you
8. when you have taken over the spire defend the position as it easily gets taken over again if you leave it and then go for the two smaller spires and slowly crush the CIS

and while im here can i also tell you about a funny moment i once had on geonosis while palying with a friend

the clones had 50 reinforcement left against one droid, me and my friends were searching the battlefield for it when we realised there were blaster shots comong out from one of the small spires, on closer inspection it was a droideka stuck in the rock, it could shoot out of the rock while no shots could reach it (and it was also defending the command post above it so we couldnt take it over). as all our reinforcements were running up to the rock and inevitsbly perishing we had to quickly think of a plan. i came down to four clones against this droideka (with one reinforcement count left, so any death would mean defeat), my freind got the two remaining clones to follow him to the other side of the battlefield while i got in an at-te and continually blasted the rock, but nothing happened. so i then began circling the rock looking for the wall where the droideka was closest to so i had a better chance of killing it, after shooting all the way around the rock four times eventually i saw a red ring appear around my crosshiars and pieces of droid came flying out of the rock, i had finally killed it
darthy duck is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-06-2007, 02:09 AM   #18
Swiftkiller234
Rookie

I just do the unexpected. Sometimes i come in and storm the spire and then take out the ships. other times i take out all the CIS to make a win

our minivan
our nanny
me going a little crzy with the gun
dad and me, good times
my T.V.
my teacher
my bro
my limodriver
my grand daddy
me going a little crzy with the gun, again

It's a crazy life
Swiftkiller234 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-17-2008, 12:03 PM   #19
Jester72MI
Rookie

As Clowns - Spawn at an AT-TE, get in it, pilot it around the Spire toward the back. Shoot the Spider but ignore the Hailfire (wheel bike). Pause near the East/West CP (depending on which way you went) and blow up a TU Shiip while your bots take the CP. Then move up just until you can see the next TU Ship, blow it up while your bots take the Spire. Then move up a bit and blow up the last TU Ship. You'll have lost the Derelict by this time, so head back over there. Get out and start shooting stuff.

There's a "back door" in the Derelict. If you come toward it from the west, there's a narrow gap where you can wriggle through and end up behind the med/ammo bots to take the CP.
Jester72MI is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > SWBattlefront.net (SWBF I & II) > Star Wars Battlefront > Strategy > Does anyone know a good strategy for Geonosis: spire?!