lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Episode III: Opinions
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-09-2005, 02:03 PM   #1
daltysmilth
Rookie

Episode III: Opinions

So, now that the release of Episode III is getting ever closer, what's your opinion of it? Will it suck? Or will it not suck? Please give reasons to back up your opinion.

"So Brak, is that Polish? Or... no I suppose it wouldn't be."
--Mike Nelson- MST3K: the Movie
daltysmilth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-09-2005, 05:15 PM   #2
MrManager
;-*

LFN Staff Member 
I didn't think Ep. 1 was that bad, and I liked Ep. 2. That, and the addition of the cool Ep. 3 trailer makes me think I'll enjoy the movie quite a bit.

Read The Mojo!
MrManager is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2005, 09:44 AM   #3
Alien426
'll take away your bucket

Same here. It keeps getting better from episode to episode. It may not get to be as good as A New Hope, but if it's as good as Attack Of The Clones I'll be happy.

I don't like how the prequels are always called "episode". Why don't people and Lucas say TPM, AOTC, ROTS or Phantom, Clones, Sith or Star Wars 1, 2, 3?

Alien426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2005, 02:15 PM   #4
Jake
INSANE

Current Game: Tales of MI
Old News! LFN Staff Member 
I think they've been marked as "Episodes 1, 2, and 3" to prevent people who aren't REALLY into it from thinking that they're sequels. I saw Episode 1 a few days after it had come out (so the theater wasn't packed to the brim with Star Wars fanatics), and there were some very confused people in there, asking where Luke was, or if that kid was Luke as a kid, or whatever.

Visit: The International House of Mojo - Sam & Max.net - Thumbs - [url=http://www.telltalegames.com]Telltale Games
Jake is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2005, 02:39 PM   #5
Skinkie
Definately, Maybe

10 year veteran! Forum Veteran 
Just from watching the trailer, I think it has some real potential. I quite enjoyed most of Ep II, so my hopes are pretty high.

Just because people think what I say don't make sense, doesn't mean I don't like popsicles.
Skinkie is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-10-2005, 03:27 PM   #6
daltysmilth
Rookie

The main thing I really didn't like about Episode II was the dialogue. Episode I had pretty good dialogue for the most part. What I liked about Episode II was it had a very interesting plot, and the story progressed in a very non-Star Wars way.

Anyway, I agree, the trailers for Episode III do look very impressive. If the trailers are any indication, Revenge of the Sith could easily have the best acting of any of the Star Wars movies. Even out of context, you can just sense the betrayal in Obi-Wan's voice when he screams "You were the Chosen One!" But, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high. You see, I've determined how much I enjoy a film depends greatly on my opinion of it before I see it. Almost no film is ever as good as I think it's going to be, and if I think a film is going to be bad, it's almost always better than I thought it would be. If I have no pre-formed opinion of it, it could go either way. It's why I can never watch "Dude, Where's My Car?". No matter how bad it is, it's never going to be as bad as I think it's going to be.

"So Brak, is that Polish? Or... no I suppose it wouldn't be."
--Mike Nelson- MST3K: the Movie
daltysmilth is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-21-2005, 05:12 AM   #7
cocytan
Rookie

i'm just planning on going in there with no expectations what-so-ever... if the dialogue in ep2 was anything to go by, i say leave any expectations at the door...

cg and sfx will definitely be t3h awesome-ness-ness...

approach with caution...

Sphincternet.
http://01.hostrocket.com/

"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty."
cocytan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-19-2005, 07:27 PM   #8
elTee
beatnik

The International House of Mojo Staff LFN Staff Member 
Pimping.

LucasTones - LT - elTee
The International House of Mojo - writing long-winded gibberish increasingly infrequently

Last edited by LucasTones; 05-20-2005 at 01:33 PM.
elTee is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-25-2005, 09:04 PM   #9
Kjølen
Resident Polak

Current Game: Monkey Island
10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Folder extraordinaire 
I saw the movie on Sunday, and I must say, it was a HORRIBLY amazing movie. Loved every single bit.

I'm mad at my bladder for making me miss about a minute of it, but other than that, totally amazing.

I recommend it to EVERYONE.

"Kjølen is a pretty cool guy. 'e doesn't afraid of anything and 'e doesn't anything about anything."
―Kjølen

* Ye Olde Harbour * Aresen *
Kjølen is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Mixnmojo.com > Mojo Discussion Forums > Off-Topic Mayhem > Episode III: Opinions