lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: PC Demo - impressions?
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-17-2005, 11:26 PM   #41
ironchefmike
Rookie

Absolutely loved it.

I thought it was going to be one of those games that I could hold off purchasing for a while. But immediately after I finished the demo (the first time), I logged on and bought the darn thing. Why is there a $20 difference between the price for the PC version and the XBox version - does anyone know?

Anyway, I was able to break down the door to the outhouse once, but I haven't been able to do it again, even though I've collected enough doohickeys to go up to Level 2 - anyone know how to do this?
ironchefmike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-17-2005, 11:50 PM   #42
MrManager
;-*

LFN Staff Member 
You just need to open the door by pressing "Y" on the Xbox or "F" on the PC (I think).

Read The Mojo!
MrManager is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2005, 12:00 AM   #43
ironchefmike
Rookie

DOH!

You're so right. How embarrassing - after spending 10 minutes straight retracing my steps looking for every PSI card, and wailing on the outhouse door......

Wonder why my default solution there was the violent one....
ironchefmike is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2005, 06:21 AM   #44
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
Has everyone done everything in camp that's possible. I actually managed to get onto the large trampoline from the outhouse. Don't ask me how because I can't seem to do it again.

Other than that, I really don't get how you get all of the baggage, one of them was behind a spiderweb for me and as far as I know, I have nothing toget past the web.

And also, I'm having troubles with gamestop and as far as I know, EB won't ship to the UK. Any other places I can get psychonauts?

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2005, 07:34 AM   #45
libertine
Rookie

Which large trampoline is that?

The bag I had some trouble finding at first, until I stopped to hear it cry, was among the trapezes and plane parts. After jumping the first few trapezes you come to a wire that you can walk, from it you can jump onto a plane part and then onto another plane part - the bag is inside the plane.

Also, I think it's a safe behind the web.

I live in Sweden and have ordered from EB Games in the US. I got a mail from them, asking me what bank I have and after that I have heard nothing so I hope they could confirm what they had to with the bank and that it means there is no trouble.
libertine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2005, 07:52 AM   #46
Joshi
Registered Amuser

Location: Wherever the wind takes me... or failing that the nearest cinema.
LFN Staff Member 
Before basic braining, in the actual camp, there are 2 trampolines, one next to the guy with the protective hat (I forget his name, he's talking to squirrels) that helps you get onto the roof of the building next to it, and then another on the other side of that building that is much higher up. i managed to jump from the roof of the outhouse onto it and bounce onto a ladder which went up and then i acquired some PSI thing, that's about it.

Joshi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2005, 10:36 AM   #47
libertine
Rookie

Oh, that one. I got onto that one via the trapeze hanging in the tree beside it. Swinging is so much fun!
Old 04-18-2005, 10:54 AM   #48
The Tingler
The Lagomorph Prince

Current Game: Not TFU2
The International House of Mojo Staff 
I thought the one behind the trampoline was blocked off by a Mental Cobweb?
The Tingler is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2005, 12:47 PM   #49
Geek-dude101
Lurker

Yeah I guess that IS kinda cool
Geek-dude101 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2005, 03:07 PM   #50
James Isaac

LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by Joshi
Before basic braining, in the actual camp, there are 2 trampolines, one next to the guy with the protective hat (I forget his name, he's talking to squirrels) that helps you get onto the roof of the building next to it, and then another on the other side of that building that is much higher up. i managed to jump from the roof of the outhouse onto it and bounce onto a ladder which went up and then i acquired some PSI thing, that's about it.
You just have to get a good forward jump, and you go straight through the bottom of it and start bouncing on it.

James Isaac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2005, 06:34 PM   #51
TheCafeCalavera
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by Joshi
You dont need the outhouse for that. Go halfway across the tightrope from the 1st cabin to the 2nd and you can jump to a trapeze (on your right) and swing to the 2nd trampoline.
------

Whats the highest PSI level you guys have gotten to? I got myself to lvl8- All items in the camp, all figments and all baggage. I really wanna get to 10 to see what you get. Anyone know what prise you get for the 3rd and + lvl target-punching?

(i beat the 1st three, i couldent get the 40-in-75-secs-wth-reductions one..)
TheCafeCalavera is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-18-2005, 06:41 PM   #52
libertine
Rookie

What "prizes" did you get for the ones before that, then? I only managed the first one.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:48 PM   #53
TheCafeCalavera
Lurker

A couple of psychic-arrow heads.. they just add up and turn into real arrowheads right?

--

The only way i can think that you could get 2 more lvls would be if you got lvling prises from those challenges.

--

Also, has anyone figured out anything about the second stump with the bars over it? (not the one that leads up from the sandwhich tunnel, the one closer to the bridge to the rest of camp.) if you hit f while near is raz will note that there is a hole there.
TheCafeCalavera is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2005, 06:00 AM   #54
VSTM
Rookie

I was hoping I could get a PSI power by completing everything, so I stayed up all night to make sure I had everything and only ended up with a rank 8. Kind of annoying, but it was rather foolish condsidering that I should get the full game in a day or two
VSTM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2005, 08:48 AM   #55
Thrik
Symbolically Compelling

Hot Topic Starter Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
I'm not sure what role the stump has in the game, but the statement that Raz comes out with is a continuing of the classic stump joke which has now appeared in Monkey Island 1, Monkey Island 2, and Grim Fandango. Maybe more, I really don't know.
Thrik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2005, 09:56 AM   #56
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]

10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
I can remember the classic line "AHHH! Fiercely Rendered Jaguars! Run for your lives!" in The Curse of Monkey Island but not any stump-ish-ness in Monkey Island 2, I think. But that is, of course, not the point. The stump lives on, whooo!!

Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2005, 10:06 AM   #57
Thrik
Symbolically Compelling

Hot Topic Starter Forum Veteran LFN Staff Member 
Er sorry, yeah. Monkey Island 3 is what I meant, in the crypt. :~

Thrik is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2005, 10:23 AM   #58
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]

10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Perhabs, you're just getting old. And wise, of course. ^^

Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2005, 12:36 PM   #59
libertine
Rookie

I just got the xbox-to-usb-cable I had ordered and boy, now it's even better!

I can truly recommend getting some kind of hand controller. The mouse-and-keyboard approach is ok, but this is a lot better.

And besides, my widescreen gargantuan laptop is bigger and better than my teeny tv anyway, this was definetely the way to go.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:50 PM   #60
VSTM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by libertine
I just got the xbox-to-usb-cable I had ordered and boy, now it's even better!

I can truly recommend getting some kind of hand controller. The mouse-and-keyboard approach is ok, but this is a lot better.

And besides, my widescreen gargantuan laptop is bigger and better than my teeny tv anyway, this was definetely the way to go.
I was thinking about doing that, but I would have to buy both the cable and the controller. I have a logitech gamepad pro, but it just doesn't have enough buttons(it has the same amount as a ps2, minus the analog sticks, though).

How much did the cable cost and where did you get it?

I think the xbox 2 controller should be interchangeable between xbox and pc. That'll be out in like...what? Christmas?

edit: I usb converter for xbox controllers would be relatively easy to make, because the xbox plugin is essentually a usb plugin...only proprietarized. It would be possible to do it by splicing an xbox extension cable to a usb cable or simpling splicing the usb plug to the xbox controller...or splicing the xbox end on a usb cable or vice versa. Relatively good splicing ability would be required though...you wouldn't want short it or anything.

Last edited by VSTM; 04-19-2005 at 02:56 PM.
VSTM is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-19-2005, 01:55 PM   #61
James Isaac

LFN Staff Member 
I might get one for PS2 controller to USB. I can see some 'Buy-it-now's one ebay for 2

James Isaac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Psychonauts Discussion at Razputin's Domain > Razputin's Domain Forums > Whispering Rock Lakeside Chat > PC Demo - impressions?