lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Excel Add-In to Read/Write 2da files v1.6
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 12-28-2007, 11:15 PM   #41
Ferc Kast
Modder

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Forum Veteran Contest winner - Fan Fiction Veteran Modder 
For some reason, it won't allow me to write my 2da file at all from Excel. Could it be that I have 3 2da files open at the same time?

Ferc Kast is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2008, 03:14 AM   #42
Gavroche
Rookie

Yep! I had a quick question about this add-in, is there any chance that it would be compatible with OpenOffice Calc? I guess I could just use the GFF<->XML conversion utilities (as far as I remember, .2da are gff files, aren't they?) and then open the .xml with OpenOffice... Anyway, I'm wondering.

<edit />Nope, it seems the GFF<->XML tool won't work with .2da. Well, now I hope somebody will come up with an answer "^^

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things.
I do not want to win our war like this, little Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true.
"
- Kreia, Jedi Master, Sith Lord

Last edited by Gavroche; 02-20-2008 at 05:48 AM.
Gavroche is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2008, 11:13 AM   #43
Darkkender
Knight of Holowan

Current Game: Star Wars The Old Republic
Veteran Modder 
2da files are 2da files. 2da stands for "Two Dimensional Array". GFF files are a generic file format that handle a variety of different ingame objects such as characters, doors, waypoints, items, placeables, encounters, & more. GFF stands for "Generic File Format". This macro download simply converts the 2da file into an excel spreadsheet since a 2da is a simple spreadsheet. Meanwhile your GFF files are a more complex structure based file with nodes and subnodes withing the structures.

Working so, we will learn history as a tree knows it; we will climb into shapes printed in the seed; we will become time made visible, years made fragrant; we will make of concentric memory a stem of praise; we will inhabit daylight at a trees own speed; we will be travelers who remain, patriots to this ground.
OMG I only rank 62.13018% geek or a Extreme Geek as it is referred to on the geektest at Geektest
[TSL]Holowan Plugin
Darkkender is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2008, 03:23 PM   #44
tk102
Well past expiration date

Current Game: Dragon Age: Origins
Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
@Gavroche: stoffe asked the same thing about Open Office support. At some point I should try out Open Office and take a look at what macro support is offered. Unfortunately, the XLA isn't handled as-is.

tk102 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2008, 03:30 PM   #45
Ray Jones
[armleglegarmhead]

10 year veteran! LF Jester Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Open Office has macro support, some own Open Office Basic and Python based AFAIK.

Ray Jones is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-20-2008, 03:30 PM   #46
Gavroche
Rookie

@Darkkender: Ok, thanks for the informations. Quite interesting, though it's no good news for me "^^

@tk102: Yes, I just tried and got kicked out by OOCalc Thanks anyway for the answer.

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things.
I do not want to win our war like this, little Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true.
"
- Kreia, Jedi Master, Sith Lord
Gavroche is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-31-2008, 05:38 PM   #47
JCarter426

Hmm...I'm guessing it doesn't work with Excel '07. Or if it does, then I fail miserably.

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-03-2008, 07:21 PM   #48
Master Zionosis
Relax On Air

Current Game: TR 8: Underworld
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCarter426 View Post
Hmm...I'm guessing it doesn't work with Excel '07. Or if it does, then I fail miserably.

I've come to the conclusion that it does not work, after about half an hour of trying, shame... Maybe tk will release an update... But then again, maybe not... lol.

Master Zionosis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-05-2008, 05:38 PM   #49
Master Bacon
Lurker

Is there a manual or a how to merge two 2da files with Tk102's ingenious mod? Or am I in the wrong place?
Master Bacon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2008, 06:53 AM   #50
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Bacon View Post
Is there a manual or a how to merge two 2da files with Tk102's ingenious mod? Or am I in the wrong place?
For merging purposes, stoffe's 2DA Converter/Merger Tool might be an easier solution for you

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-06-2008, 12:57 PM   #51
Master Bacon
Lurker

awesome thanks everybody u all rock
Master Bacon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > T3-M4's Astromech Droid Center > Excel Add-In to Read/Write 2da files v1.6