lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Most hated bugs of TSL
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 04-24-2005, 01:51 PM   #1
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Most hated bugs of TSL

Ok, I am getting so sick of this bug. I just started playing TSL for the 5th time through, and I was on Peragus. I went into the room with the control panel (the room where Atton waits for you) and went to turn the corner to kill one of those droids, I hit the corner, and I GOT STUCK TO THE WALL!!! I cannot get loose! I have gotten this bug every time I have played the game!!! I was hoping the patch would fix it, but obviously not. Does anyone else get this bug? Post your most hated bugs of TSL.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2005, 04:27 PM   #2
kipperthefrog
Veteran

when I try to breack down things for components, everything is componet value 1.

what I did was sell all my stuff and bought a LOT of medipacs. they were the cheapest thing possible to buy and I broke all those down.

kipperthefrog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2005, 05:31 PM   #3
Derc
Veteran

Current Game: Fallout 3
The only ones I can think of at the moment are the "Escaped criminals on Telos" and the Cyan lightsaber.
Derc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2005, 06:01 PM   #4
Jeff

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally posted by Derc
...and the Cyan lightsaber.
What is wrong with the Cyan lightsaber?

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-24-2005, 06:20 PM   #5
Derc
Veteran

Current Game: Fallout 3
Sometimes the blade is active when it's not supposed to be. The lightsaber is off, but you still see the cyan blade. It looks weird when a character holds it in the non-battle stance or when he or she runs.

It's more of an annoying bug than a game-ending glitch, so...
Derc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-24-2005, 08:12 PM   #6
Antonius
Rookie

The only bug that really bothers me is the NPC light/dark alignment bug. Where I gain light or dark side points and my NPCs temporarily gain the opposite until a new module loads. Especially with the Handmaiden because her clothes constantly go black to white to black to white. All the other bugs I can live with for the time being.
Antonius is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2005, 07:19 PM   #7
Emperor Devon
36 Wings, 365 Eyes

Current Game: Ass Effect
Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
I thought that was a side effect of a mod I'd downloaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
We will be great failures one day, you and I
Emperor Devon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-25-2005, 09:27 PM   #8
Antonius
Rookie

Nope....I've asked around and it is a bug. I havn't found anyone that it doesn't happen to yet.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:48 AM   #9
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Helpful! Veteran Modder Forum Veteran 
Hmmm...tough call between TSF Bounty: Escaped Criminals and the hyperactive space/environment suit. Damn thing was too slow in KotOR and now it's too fast in TSL. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a way to mod it either
Achilles is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2005, 10:15 AM   #10
Prime
Am I a truck or robot?

Current Game: Skyrim, Macross PS2
10 year veteran! LF Jester Veteran Modder Helpful! 
The only real bug I saw was the one on Dxun in the Sith Tomb where the ancient computer would accept either correct answer for the "skill testing question".

Prime is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2005, 02:39 PM   #11
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally posted by Achilles
Hmmm...tough call between TSF Bounty: Escaped Criminals and the hyperactive space/environment suit.
Whats wrong with the TSF Bounty: Escaped Criminals quest
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2005, 02:47 PM   #12
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

Besides the fact that it only works about 20% of the time?

Based on some of the other bugs that I know other people are having, I shouldn't complain, but open quests really annoy me

I'm surprised that I don't hear more griping about the space suit but then again, most people probably don't care to see that bug fixed.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:18 PM   #13
Antonius
Rookie

I thaught the escaped criminals bug was fixed in the patch. The space suit didn't bother me to much. You barely ever wear it.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:07 PM   #14
DarthVandar205

I beleive the "escaped criminals" quest is just made so that its more likely that the criminals will appear, it doesnt necessarily mean they will every time once you have downloaded the patch. I think it has something to do with the probability aspect of KOTOR where things dont always happen or areint the same every time you play the game. Just keep trying and im sure youll run into them eventually if youve done the quest correctly. Ive run into them at least 2-3 times before I installed the patch and about once afterwards but have only played that level once after the patch so cant really say how often it will happen until i play it more.
DarthVandar205 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2005, 06:10 PM   #15
Tupac Amaru

Quote:
Originally posted by Achilles
Besides the fact that it only works about 20% of the time?

Based on some of the other bugs that I know other people are having, I shouldn't complain, but open quests really annoy me
There is a fix for the criminals bug here.
Tupac Amaru is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-26-2005, 07:31 PM   #16
Achilles
Dapper Chimp

^^^^

That's fantasic news! Thanks for the link
Old 04-27-2005, 03:08 AM   #17
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally posted by Tupac Amaru
As Achilles said... Thanks for the link!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-27-2005, 04:15 AM   #18
Darth Aleera
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Tupac Amaru
I would immediatly install it. Thanks!

There are no heroes, only unrecognized villains.

My Tienn Tubb's correctly working store mod can be downloaded here.
Darth Aleera is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2005, 11:22 AM   #19
Kieran_Halcyon
Rookie

My bug is on Nar Shaddaa. Losing control of your character in the jekk'jekk tarr. You press the forward key and get no movement, you press the backward key and get no movement. You can go left and right for a little while then all of the controls just lock up.

spoiler:
It cleared up when (if) you actually got to the room Visquis is in later in the game, but when you go to find the captain it just made moving in there impossible.

This also happened to me upon returning to Dantooine but cleared up when engaged in combat or by waiting for a few minutes.

I must admit that this happened to me pre-patch and I haven't made it back to that point yet. Too much Republic Commando.
Kieran_Halcyon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2005, 11:41 AM   #20
Rekoil
Rookie

i dunno if anybody else gets this but my NPC's keep standing up again during battle after already dying. im not complaining tho helped me finish the game first time around but now its just annoying
Rekoil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2005, 12:11 PM   #21
Kieran_Halcyon
Rookie

Here's another little bug that bothers me. (Well, not really a bug but a spelling problem.) KOTOR2 takes place 4000 or so years before SW:ANH. Anyone familiar with the New Jedi Order series of book knows that NJO takes places after ROTJ (Which takes place after SW:ANH). In NJO the Vong referred to the Jedi with pronounciation in their dialect as Jeedai.

Now in certain cutscenes of KOTOR2, Hanhaar talks about the Jeedai. This is happening more than 4000 years before the Vong and the Jedi pronounciation of Jeedai even coming into existence.
Kieran_Halcyon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2005, 06:36 PM   #22
Dragonball Fan

I haven't found any bugs. any. But in KOTOR the "neon lights" bug annoyed me... big time.

Dragonball Fan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2005, 10:22 PM   #23
Antonius
Rookie

You mean you aren't experiencing the bug I mentioned above?
Old 05-01-2005, 06:45 AM   #24
guybroom
Troezen

What neon lights bug in KOTOR?

Quote:
dunno if anybody else gets this but my NPC's keep standing up again during battle after already dying. im not complaining tho helped me finish the game first time around but now its just annoying
Do you mean Atton? He's suppost to do that.

My most annoying bug is that it keeps freezing! I dont know why but it keeps randomly freezing for no apparent reason. I'm just glad it auto saves or i'd have been screwed. But if i let the video play as you turn the game on, it freezes and i cant even select a load game. But it mostly freezes during dialoge selection bits. This happened in KOTOR and TSL. Is it just my xbox?

IM NOT GOING TO BE ON THE FORUMS VERY OFTEN NOW! I MIGHT BE ON TIME TO TIME, BUT IVE BASICLY GIVEN UP THE FORUMS NOW!!!!

bye all

Guybroom
guybroom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2005, 09:01 AM   #25
Bobo

one annoying bug is in Iziz, its when your running through hte merc quarter (after the Ghent quest is complete and u rescued him) the Officer by the Turret tower restarts the dialog when u first get all the evidence back and u gotta reanswer it. lol.

and Goto's ship, u can see cracks in the walls and it shows space, like they didnt finish it, and u can also see some of the Blue hyperspace tunnel thru the ebon hawk's seams.
Bobo is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2005, 07:11 PM   #26
Patomon5
Rookie

Angry

One bug I get is the on the 2nd arrival to dxun. the mandolorian says He can get you to the fort directly or you can get there on your own. Everytime I choose for Him to take me directly to the fort. the load screen comes up and never stops loading.

I always save just before talking to him. I'll choose to have him take my party direct and BAM, Load forever screen comes up. I'll turn off the x-box, re-load the last save, run/walk all the way to the mandalore camp and get in no problem.

I tell you, My pc and npcs have got to be in the greatest of shape with all that running around.

Head of S.I.T.H. has spoken.

Ash, "It's a trick. Get an axe."
Army of Darkness (1993)
Patomon5 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2005, 09:29 PM   #27
Jeff

Only one time, when I was on Dxun and the sith assassins invaded the mandalorian camp, they just kept coming. I probably fought them for a good 15-20 minutes straight because they just kept appearing. I thought it was supposed to be like that, but when i played it all the other times after i only foght a few of them. It didn't bug me though, i like killing sith

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-03-2005, 02:31 PM   #28
guybroom
Troezen

I was playing it and i realised that i can make Kera and Visas wear whatever and it wont change thier apperance. Is this suppost to happen?

IM NOT GOING TO BE ON THE FORUMS VERY OFTEN NOW! I MIGHT BE ON TIME TO TIME, BUT IVE BASICLY GIVEN UP THE FORUMS NOW!!!!

bye all

Guybroom
guybroom is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2005, 06:55 PM   #29
Jeff

Quote:
Originally posted by guybroom
I was playing it and i realised that i can make Kera and Visas wear whatever and it wont change thier apperance. Is this suppost to happen?
Yes it is, they always wear the same thing. (I think they did this so you couldnt take off Kreia's robes... )

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-03-2005, 09:01 PM   #30
The_Maker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by guybroom
Atually, that's not exactly true, *ahem*. If you give Visa's the propper feats she can wear armor that will change her external appearance, but thats I I have figured out.

Another strange one is that the Xbox will "freeze" for a moment while I start to walk (usually near a warp-point) and when it un-freezes I have passed the warp point but am still on the same map! Weird No?

The_Maker is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2005, 09:41 PM   #31
RaV™
I Came I Saw I Conquered

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Maker
Another strange one is that the Xbox will "freeze" for a moment while I start to walk (usually near a warp-point) and when it un-freezes I have passed the warp point but am still on the same map! Weird No?
It's a lag, it happens to the best of us

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6469/ssigvv2.gif
Changed pic to link. Please find a sig pic that is in line with our sig rules, 500X120 and 80kb max, Forum Rules. ~ SWK Staff
RaV™ is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2005, 03:43 PM   #32
Jeff

I got this weird one where on Nar Shaada, Mira is just randomly standing in a few places in her underwear. If I go to talk to her, she acts like she is already in my party. This happens even if I am playing Darkside. Although it doesn't affect the game, its quite annoying.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-10-2005, 06:21 PM   #33
LukeKatarn
Gundam Pilot

The most annoying bugs, well for one when the game keeps locking up on me. Two
spoiler:
In the cave with Kreia. I was good and took her side, and after killing Atton T3, etc., Kreia didn't disappear and the door I had to go through wouldn't unlock. I kept on doing it over and nothing. SO I had to do something dark to continue. :'(
3: Well this is the second most annoying, but on Nar Shaada when I go back on the Ebon Hawk
spoiler:
after the dudes take it over I go in kill the leader, but I happened to be dead when it happened, Handmaiden killed him for me, so in the next scene I'm alone and dead, so I can't continue and have to reload my last save
4: On Peragus at one point the game always lags and I end up in the floor with my upper body sticking out. o_O

Luke Katarn, Colonel of the Lemmonite army.

Clan Commando, join us, and help the Republic! Visit our thread in the Republic Commando forums for more info.

Do you like RPing and have Jedi Academy? Then you should come to JARPing! (Jedi Academy Role Playing) www.freewebs.com/jarping

X-box live gamertag: LukeKatarn
My RPing site: http://voltx.proboards36.com/index.cgi
My aim SN: LukeKatarn
My e-mail: LukeKatarn@yahoo.com
LukeKatarn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-10-2005, 06:50 PM   #34
Jeff

Quote:
Originally posted by LukeKatarn
spoiler:
In the cave with Kreia. I was good and took her side, and after killing Atton T3, etc., Kreia didn't disappear and the door I had to go through wouldn't unlock. I kept on doing it over and nothing. SO I had to do something dark to continue.
I had the same thing happen to me.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 05-11-2005, 06:11 PM   #35
Smilodon
Rookie

Alignment bugs of your companions once they hit Mastery beside stats that do not stack...
Smilodon is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2008, 08:14 PM   #36
numark79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupac Amaru
Link no longer works, can anyone relink a fix to the TSF Bounty: Escaped Criminals bug?

peace
numark79 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2008, 08:46 PM   #37
TKA-001
I sneer at thee.

Forum Veteran 
I always hated how the control panel in the Nar Shadaa warehouse never lets me in.

"There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." -Winston Churchill

"For of all sad words of tongue or pen, The saddest are these: 'It might have been!'" -John Whittier

"Apathy is death." -Kreia
TKA-001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2008, 08:53 PM   #38
JCarter426

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001
I always hated how the control panel in the Nar Shadaa warehouse never lets me in.
How so?

JCarter426 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2008, 09:44 PM   #39
Ravnas
Rookie

Occasionally when I fight the Handmaiden the game goes into a loop and I can't bring her health to zero.

Regrets are for horseshoes and handbags.
Ravnas is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2008, 11:57 PM   #40
Gothic90
Rookie

You can solve the criminal bug by yourself. Just do not ask about them before you've done with everything else on the Citidel Station. Once Ithorians/Czerka prepares your shuttle, go talk to Grenn, then Jana Lorso's place, then kill them in the restoration zone.

I personally do not like the fuel source quest bug. I can never finish that quest.
Gothic90 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Game Discussion > Telos Tourist Bureau > Most hated bugs of TSL