lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Tell me if this smells like your doom! *spoilerific*
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-01-2005, 01:51 AM   #1
netmonkey
Rookie

Tell me if this smells like your doom! *spoilerific*

Um..

If you've beaten the game and watched the trailer, in the trailer there is a scene where Dr. Loboto Talks to Lilli and says "We're going to have to remove your brain and shoot innocent civilians with its tactical death beam! The good news is that your insurance is going to cover the whole thing." I never saw that cutscene in my game... has anyone see it?
netmonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2005, 02:02 AM   #2
itchythesamurai
Not Ichi the Killer

LFN Staff Member 
Wow, I wouldn't imagine scenes being cut from games as much so as movies. I certainly didn't see it.

itchythesamurai is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2005, 10:03 AM   #3
MrManager
;-*

LFN Staff Member 
You should be able to view all the cutscenes with a Bink viewer if you want to check if it's even on the disc. I've found at least one cut-scene that's triggered only if you're at the right place at the right time, so it's a possibility I guess.

Read The Mojo!
MrManager is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2005, 02:08 PM   #4
Freck
Rookie

I think that voice-over may have been recorded specifically for the trailer. It shows blue-prints and other things that, in the game, Raz explains instead of Dr Loboto. It wouldn't make sense to have Dr Loboto re-explain what the player already understands thanks to Raz.

If it did get cut, maybe they decided the player should know what the brains are being harvested for at the beginning, instead of finding out at the very end when it doesn't matter anymore. Hence, Raz talking to himself instead of Loboto talking to Lilli.

Just a thought.
Freck is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-01-2005, 02:34 PM   #5
netmonkey
Rookie

Nope! As I loaded the final moment of the game, I noticed that I still had two cut-scenes I haven't seen in the asylum part, so I went around and poked for a bit and realized:

spoiler:
Use clairvoyance on lilli's bracelet and you get the scene in the trailer! Not in the top of the tower where Dr. Loboto is, but anytime before that.

There's one more cut-scene I need to figure out, but when and where does it trigger? hmm...
netmonkey is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Psychonauts Discussion at Razputin's Domain > Razputin's Domain Forums > Ford Cruller's Bacon Support > Tell me if this smells like your doom! *spoilerific*