lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: One thing puzzles me!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 05-09-2005, 10:32 AM   #1
rut-wa jodar

One thing puzzles me!

Why does Obi-Wan`s Jedi starfighter look Strikingly similar to a Tie Bomber, from the front ?

I`ve bent my
rut-wa jodar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2005, 11:45 AM   #2
Hannibal

Current Game: Black Ops/Biosock
LFN Staff Member 
The ships they use are Republic ships. The republic becomes the empire and still has the same ship designer. Therefore there would be similarities.

Hannibal is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2005, 12:40 PM   #3
Master Jaxu

yeah hannible is right the republic becomes the empire with the rise of palpatine

I am the jedi master
Jaxu-Lemmonite
Master Jaxu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2005, 01:05 PM   #4
rut-wa jodar

that explains alot, but can you also explain why the clone fighters look slightly similar to xwings ?

I`ve bent my
rut-wa jodar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2005, 01:34 PM   #5
flobbie1

though they don't really explain it, it would seem to me that at least at first, the rebellion wouldn't have had the resources to create their own ships, so maybe they stole the plans for the x-wing too
flobbie1 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2005, 02:59 PM   #6
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

The new Jedi Interceptor is meant to look like Vader's personal TIE Advanced in ANH. Right?

The ARC-170 was originally designed for the Republic, but the designers who hated the Empire's brutality secretly started producing them for the Rebellion as the one-man fighter we know as the X-Wing.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2005, 04:44 PM   #7
DarthVandar205

The guys that designed the ARC-170 starfighter are the ones who work for the Republic but when the Empire takes over they decide to supply the Rebellion with the x-wing starfighters and they hand over all the prototypes and the schematics to them. They allow them to slip into one of their hangars and take the ships. The hangar gaurd there doesnt even offer up any resistance.

The only problem is though that the rebels had to rely on some smugglers to give them ample astromech droids for the fighters so they could navigate through hyperspace because once the Empire found out about the betrayal of that company they supsended transport of all astromech droids. The Rebellion had some astromech droids before, just not enough.

The Empire series of comic books explains this in more detail. The Rebels get the fighters just before the Battle of Yavin.
DarthVandar205 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-14-2005, 08:58 PM   #8
Samurai DD

Answering the X-Wing thing, the Rebel Alliance didnt exactly stole the plans. Actually, the design team of the ship abandoned the empire and gave the blueprints to the Rebellion. So finally they had a standard ship, not a pile of all kinds of junk recollected from backwater worlds.
Samurai DD is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > One thing puzzles me!