lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Darth Plageus and Darth Sidious
Thread Tools Display Modes
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 08-09-2005, 03:33 PM   #41
TK-8252
Get Cloned.
 
TK-8252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthTDe
It wouldn't be that loud.
If it's not loud enough to wake him up then he would be able to sense it. After all, Plagueis is supposedly this super powerful Sith Lord. Someone said that the story is, Sidious stabbed him with a knife.

Bah this is a dumb thing to argue over.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2005, 03:57 PM   #42
DarthTDe
Junior Member
 
DarthTDe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Computer
Posts: 270
yeah,you're right.


Go ahead. Impress me. Do something intelligent.
DarthTDe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2005, 05:40 PM   #43
Darth Smaug
Veteran
 
Darth Smaug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Elnor
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-8252
The lightsaber makes a hum when ignited. Even when asleep, such a powerful Sith Lord like Darth Plagueis should be able to sense an active lightsaber in the room.
Plagueis was very old when he got killed i mean VERY old..An his powers where beginning to grow weak so it could have bin that he sensed it too late..


I'm floating, and something's reaching out.
Darth Smaug is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2005, 05:45 PM   #44
TK-8252
Get Cloned.
 
TK-8252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,850
Being old doesn't mean you lose Force power. Look at how strong in the Force Yoda, Ben, and Sidious were before they died. Hell, Sidious could do backflips and twirl though the air as we see in RotS.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-09-2005, 05:50 PM   #45
DarthTDe
Junior Member
 
DarthTDe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: The Computer
Posts: 270
True.


Go ahead. Impress me. Do something intelligent.
DarthTDe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2005, 05:48 AM   #46
Leviathan
Senior Member
 
Leviathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Onboard the Sun Crusher
Posts: 1,008
And what about Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back ? He was still a Jedi Master (Even if he was old), but he walked with a stick, rose on the back of Luke, etc... He didn't use the Force to do his famous jumps he used to do in Episode II and III... Contrary to Palpatine, in ROTS...
Leviathan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2005, 05:50 AM   #47
TK-8252
Get Cloned.
 
TK-8252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,850
He got weak physically. He was just as strong in the Force as he was if not stronger.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2005, 08:42 AM   #48
Leviathan
Senior Member
 
Leviathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Onboard the Sun Crusher
Posts: 1,008
In that case, if he was as strong in the Force as in the past, he could have used the Force to move... (To carry him as on a cloud)
Leviathan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2005, 10:00 AM   #49
Kurgan
Headhunter
 
Kurgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1997
Location: The Dawn of Time
Posts: 18,298
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Perhaps he felt gratuitous displays of power like that were unnecessary to train Luke for what he had in mind (or worse, would tempt the boy to be greedy and power-mad like Anakin, seeing his "potential" to become powerful quickly).


Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)


"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2005, 11:26 AM   #50
Darth Smaug
Veteran
 
Darth Smaug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Elnor
Posts: 864
Yoda was to old to move that quikly again but he was strong in the force remember that he pulled the X Wing of Luke out of the water..


I'm floating, and something's reaching out.
Darth Smaug is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2005, 01:22 PM   #51
Leviathan
Senior Member
 
Leviathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Onboard the Sun Crusher
Posts: 1,008
Pull an X-Wing out of the lake does not mean you're strong in the Force. After all, Luke had almost succeeded in extracting his star-ship, even though he wasn't a true Jedi yet...
Leviathan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2005, 02:02 PM   #52
El Sitherino
The Original.
 
El Sitherino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Planet Funkālnite.
Posts: 14,509
Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
"My ally is the force, and a strong ally it is."

Yoda is still as powerful in the force as he was in the PT. But as Kurgan said, gratuitous displays of power do nothing but create ego, and can very well lead to the dark side. Luke seeing ability to throw around use of your gift could lead him to do bad things, Yoda doesn't want that. Think of the Shaolin Monks, they could easily kill anyone they wanted with their skill, but they didn't. Because it's against everything they believe.


“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2005, 03:02 PM   #53
Leviathan
Senior Member
 
Leviathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Onboard the Sun Crusher
Posts: 1,008
So, why have Shaolin Monks learnt those skills if they do not believe in violence ? I've a small idea on the answer...
Leviathan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2005, 03:43 PM   #54
El Sitherino
The Original.
 
El Sitherino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Planet Funkālnite.
Posts: 14,509
Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan
So, why have Shaolin Monks learnt those skills if they do not believe in violence ? I've a small idea on the answer...
It's a way of discipline and self-control. Those are key things you must have in order to perfect martial arts.

And what I was talking about was they didn't just use their skills because they can, they only used them when absolutely necessary.


“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-11-2005, 04:15 PM   #55
Kurgan
Headhunter
 
Kurgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1997
Location: The Dawn of Time
Posts: 18,298
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Perhaps they see it simply as exercise, like a sport.

A person could learn some martial art for example even if they never ever plan to use it to fight somebody. It's just something to do with your time, and build up your fitness.

Likewise body builders lift weights and stuff to bulk up, even though they may not necessarily NEED those extra muscles to lift heavy things in their job or something. They just want the sense of accomplishment and the "look" it affords.

Now the Jedi on the other hand DO use their skills for fighting, so that's another story...


Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)


"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2005, 08:21 AM   #56
Leviathan
Senior Member
 
Leviathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Onboard the Sun Crusher
Posts: 1,008
Well, could you help me to remember where those Monks live exactly ?
Leviathan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2005, 01:53 PM   #57
El Sitherino
The Original.
 
El Sitherino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Planet Funkālnite.
Posts: 14,509
Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
Now the Jedi on the other hand DO use their skills for fighting, so that's another story...
True, but it's not their only option. Warrior monks also fought, but not all the time. They tried diplomacy first, battle is a second option.

And that was a very fine post Kurgan.


“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-12-2005, 03:18 PM   #58
Kurgan
Headhunter
 
Kurgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1997
Location: The Dawn of Time
Posts: 18,298
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan
Well, could you help me to remember where those Monks live exactly ?

Shaolin Monks live in a temple in China I believe.


Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)


"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-13-2005, 12:18 PM   #59
Leviathan
Senior Member
 
Leviathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Onboard the Sun Crusher
Posts: 1,008
Not far... In Tibet, I guess...
Leviathan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2005, 07:42 PM   #60
Andrelvis
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-8252
The lightsaber makes a hum when ignited. Even when asleep, such a powerful Sith Lord like Darth Plagueis should be able to sense an active lightsaber in the room.
Does it matter if it makes sound or not? Sidious could have ignited the lightsaber ON Plagueis, giving no room for possible reaction.
Andrelvis is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-22-2005, 07:54 PM   #61
TK-8252
Get Cloned.
 
TK-8252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrelvis
Does it matter if it makes sound or not? Sidious could have ignited the lightsaber ON Plagueis, giving no room for possible reaction.
True. I didn't think of that.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2005, 12:02 AM   #62
GhOsT-Jedi
Rookie
 
GhOsT-Jedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Past the outer rims of the universe training my sith armies.
Posts: 159
Only read the first post so, in the movie palpa was trying to get ani to believe he was the apprientise so he could turn ani, remember ani found out that padama was going to die so he needed that power palpatien said he could teach him.






GhOsT-Jedi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-23-2005, 04:38 AM   #63
Darth_Terros
Veteran
 
Darth_Terros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Korriban
Posts: 821
Helpful! 
palpatine had obviously grown stronger than his master *we know this is the way with the sith*

he managed to mask his presence in the force to the jedi council maybe he did the same to his own master thus giving him enough time to ignite his saber and drive it straight into the heart of plageus


Darth_Terros is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2005, 06:05 AM   #64
Kurgan
Headhunter
 
Kurgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1997
Location: The Dawn of Time
Posts: 18,298
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Perhaps Palpatine has simply used the mystery surrounding the Sith and Anakin's disatisfaction with the Jedi Order to his advantage. There probably really was a Darth Plageuis in Sith history/mythology, but it might be akin to a modern day magician saying to some gullible little kid, "Oh yeah, Merlin? Taught me everything he knew! Then I double crossed him and stole his book of spells. One I'd be willing to show you for the right price!"

I know this is late in the game speculation and that "officially" it's all true (except the part about Sideous actually knowing how to use these mysterious powers), but still, it's just another thought that occured to me this morning.


Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)


"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2005, 01:14 PM   #65
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Smaug
Is darth Sidious/Palpatine/The Emperor the apprentice of Darth Plageus ???
After watching the movie again, I believe the answer to this question is: No! My theory comes from one conversation that Sidious and Vader had:

Vader - "Could you teach me how to prevent people from dying?"
Sidious - "I don't know how to do this, but you may be able to when you become more powerful!"

When Sidious talked about Plageus, he mentioned that Plageus's Apprentice learned how to prevent people from dying. Therefore, Sidious is not Plageus's apprpentice.
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2005, 01:25 PM   #66
The Doctor
Retired
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,403
Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
If Palpatine was the apprentice of Plageus, and Plageus could create life through the manipulation of midichlorians, could Plageus have created Anakin, not knowing that he was fulfilling a Jedi prophecy? Maybe Plapatine wanted to make Anakin into his apprentice so he could learn more about Plageus' power.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2005, 01:29 PM   #67
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
If Palpatine was the apprentice of Plageus, and Plageus could create life through the manipulation of midichlorians, could Plageus have created Anakin, not knowing that he was fulfilling a Jedi prophecy? Maybe Plapatine wanted to make Anakin into his apprentice so he could learn more about Plageus' power.
Come to think about it... I think there is a double destiny being played.

Jedi Prophesy: "The Chossen One"
Sith Legacy: "Reincarnation"

Instead of thinking about Palpatine as Plageus's Apprentice, which he is clearly not. Palpatine probally thought of this as an opportunity, which he saw a relationship in 'Plagaus the Wise', and Anakin's existance. Therefore, could Anakin be the reincarnated Darth Plageus??? This would explain how he could have willed his own existance..

In the end, Luke was clearly the 'Choosen One'...
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2005, 04:23 PM   #68
The Doctor
Retired
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 4,403
Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
No! Anakin was the Chosen One. He did destroy the Sith. He did fulfill the Jedi prophecy. He just didn't do it when the Jedi thought he would. By destroying the Emperor and rejecting the Dark Side, he destroyed the Sith, just as the prophecy foretold.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-07-2005, 12:49 AM   #69
El Sitherino
The Original.
 
El Sitherino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Planet Funkālnite.
Posts: 14,509
Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
The problem here is you take the BS Palpatine fed Anakin as fact.


“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2005, 12:28 PM   #70
Cmdr. Cracken
Disciple of Megatron
 
Cmdr. Cracken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Rochester, NY, USA
Posts: 6,036
Current Game: Starcraft II,College
LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! Forum Veteran Hot Topic Starter 
i think the books proved that Sidious was the apprentice of Plaugeus. (Layberynth of Evil, methinks)

Remember, just because you KNOW how do do something doesn't mean you CAN do it.
Like I KNOW i can play the trumpet very well. I'm very good at it. But I've been out of practice so long, I may not be able to play well right away if i pick up the thing.

I think the same principle applies to the Force. You may KNOW how to like, prevent death, but you may not be powerful enough in the Force to do it.
Remember, not all Jedi/Sith/Force Users can wield the Force with the intensity and mastery like Yoda, Windu, Kai-Adi Mundi, Obi-Wan, Anakin, or Sidious.

Cmdr. Cracken is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2005, 07:54 PM   #71
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor
No! Anakin was the Chosen One. He did destroy the Sith. He did fulfill the Jedi prophecy. He just didn't do it when the Jedi thought he would. By destroying the Emperor and rejecting the Dark Side, he destroyed the Sith, just as the prophecy foretold.
I think people have a right to their interpretation. I believe that Luke was the one to bring balance to the force. Luke turned Vader. Yoda even mentions in Episode III that the Jedi could have been wrong in their interpretation.
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2005, 07:58 PM   #72
TK-8252
Get Cloned.
 
TK-8252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeodCorp
I think people have a right to their interpretation. I believe that Luke was the one to bring balance to the force. Luke turned Vader.
Um, that's not the prophecy. The prophecy is that the Chosen One will destroy the Sith. Which is what Anakin did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeodCorp
Yoda even mentions in Episode III that the Jedi could have been wrong in their interpretation.
So apparently just because something is said in the movie, it is to be regarded as fact? So Yoda is speculating about something, and you automatically assume his speculation is 100% correct?

Why do so many people just assume that because something was suggested in the movie that it is always right, even when it is directly contradicted by the other movies, or George Lucas himself?
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2005, 08:01 PM   #73
MachineCult
Vincit Amor Patria
 
MachineCult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Disneyland?
Posts: 2,657
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeodCorp
I think people have a right to their interpretation. I believe that Luke was the one to bring balance to the force. Luke turned Vader. Yoda even mentions in Episode III that the Jedi could have been wrong in their interpretation.
Luke allowed Vader to fulfill the prophecy, he didn't do it he assisted him.

Sidious is Plageus's apprentice, watch the movie again, watch the part where Sidious tells Anakin about how his apprentice killed Plageus, you can tell by the way he says it that he is the one who killed him.



"For where ever there is a n00b, there is MachineCult to make him cry and cringe."
- Halo_92

MachineCult is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2005, 08:02 PM   #74
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-8252
Um, that's not the prophecy. The prophecy is that the Chosen One will destroy the Sith. Which is what Anakin did.



So apparently just because something is said in the movie, it is to be regarded as fact? So Yoda is speculating about something, and you automatically assume his speculation is 100% correct?

Why do so many people just assume that because something was suggested in the movie that it is always right, even when it is directly contradicted by the other movies, or George Lucas himself?
I think Yoda's comments leave the door open for speculation. I can see Luke's story being based upon 'The Chosen One'.

1. One who would bring balance to the force.
2. One who will end the Sith.

Luke does fit this criteria... Refresh my memory, what are the other criteria?
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2005, 08:04 PM   #75
TK-8252
Get Cloned.
 
TK-8252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,850
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacLeodCorp
Luke does fit this criteria... Refresh my memory, what are the other criteria?
That the Chosen One be concieved by the Force (no father), like Anakin.

So sorry, but Luke is not the Chosen One.

And George Lucas has already said on numerous documentaries that Anakin is indeed the Chosen One, so really, no point in trying to speculate about this. Just accept the truth and stop trying to speculate about something that we already know the answer to.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2005, 08:15 PM   #76
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-8252
That the Chosen One be concieved by the Force (no father), like Anakin.

So sorry, but Luke is not the Chosen One.

And George Lucas has already said on numerous documentaries that Anakin is indeed the Chosen One, so really, no point in trying to speculate about this. Just accept the truth and stop trying to speculate about something that we already know the answer to.
It would be closed minded to not look at the possibilities. Because George Lucas says something, doesn't mean it was sucessfully executed. As an artist myself, I see multiple interpretations in art. Movie creating is art. "It is not what you are on the inside, but what you do that defines you." Lucas may have said that Anikan is the chosen one, but he didn't clearly execute it in the dialogue and actions of his movies. I see no problem in speculation. If you remember, Yoda and the other Masters questioned about Anikan being the choosen one. At one point, they were even refusing to teach Anikan. Why would you not want to teach 'The Chosen One'? If Anikan was truely 'The Chosen One', all the other Jedi Masters would have felt something. However, they all questioned the truth... Therefore, there is room to speculate about this. Unfortunatly, this is not the thread...
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2005, 08:17 PM   #77
TK-8252
Get Cloned.
 
TK-8252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,850
So George Lucas, the God of Star Wars, has said that Anakin is the Chosen One, yet you say George Lucas is wrong and Anakin isn't the Chosen One?

Your logic fails.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2005, 08:23 PM   #78
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-8252
So George Lucas, the God of Star Wars, has said that Anakin is the Chosen One, yet you say George Lucas is wrong and Anakin isn't the Chosen One?

Your logic fails.
Actually, if you read my comments, you will noticed that I mentioned about George not executing his intention in film. If George says he is 'The Chosen One', why did he not make it conclusive in his films? Why would a movie lie? It is all about story telling. I think there is room to speculate this, but not in this thread.
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2005, 08:25 PM   #79
TK-8252
Get Cloned.
 
TK-8252's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,850
Have you even seen RotJ?

Because Vader kills Sidious, and ends his own life, thus destroying the Sith. Just like the prophecy said.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-12-2005, 08:27 PM   #80
The Source
Rest In Peace
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,304
Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-8252
Have you even seen RotJ?

Because Vader kills Sidious, and ends his own life, thus destroying the Sith. Just like the prophecy said.
However, Luke pulled the trigger. Luke convinced Vader to turn from the Darkside. Luke's actions brought balance to the force by convincing Vader to come back to the light. Luke confronted the Sith, and took action to bring an ending to the Darkside.
The Source is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Darth Plageus and Darth Sidious

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:47 PM.

LFNetwork, LLC ©2002-2011 - All rights reserved.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.