lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: USM Released!!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 02-05-2007, 11:26 PM   #401
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeSade
First off, I think this post is in the right place, please let me know if it is not.

I can't seem to get the NPC's to build their own sabres, I talk to them but the option just doesn't come up.

Tried this with a LS exile and standard influence advancements and also with a DS exile using the mindprobe item that controls influence (100% for everyone) so I am not sure why I cannot trigger my apprentices to create their own.

Maybe list the files that are responsible for this script as I have my mods in various folders in override files do not get overwritten if there is 2 of the same, but I am not sure how the game would handle finding 2 files the same, which one takes priority?
I believe that the males build their light sabers inside the Ebon Hawk and the females build theirs in or outside the Ebon Hawk.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-06-2007, 12:41 AM   #402
DeSade
Rookie

Thanks Stoffe, I think the problem was a revised dlg mod shame to lose it but USM is much more important to have working in my opinion.
DeSade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #403
Anach
Rookie

Id like to see crystals being harder to find. I seemed to get far too many of them. Silly amounts. Understandable in certain Jedi infested areas, but all too common everywhere else.

Also be nice to do away with standard game sabers completely. Just having each NPC build their own then use the crystals to change the design if desired. Normal sabers seems a little pointless.

Finally it would make more sense that if you put a double blade crystal in a single hilt, it turns into a double hilt. This would stop accidents
Anach is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2007, 01:40 PM   #404
StFrodric
Rookie

First, theres nothing wrong with the loot code and crystal distribution. I did a full reinstall and ran the OC with only USM and the HLFP mod. Never got more than 9 USM crystals in 5 runs and in one I got only 4. To this day there are types of sabers whose crystals I've never gotten. I suspect you have another mod installed which somewhat alters loot code. I know that when I ran the OC with USM and Final Touch installed I ended up with almost 30 crystals for some reason.
StFrodric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2007, 05:38 PM   #405
deathdisco
Bastards of Young

Veteran Modder Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anach
Finally it would make more sense that if you put a double blade crystal in a single hilt, it turns into a double hilt. This would stop accidents
Or just point to the default model for that saber type if that won't work. That way you don't lose the crystal. Either way I'm not sure why no one has done this yet instead of using null references.

deathdisco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2007, 05:56 PM   #406
Anach
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StFrodric
First, theres nothing wrong with the loot code and crystal distribution. I did a full reinstall and ran the OC with only USM and the HLFP mod. Never got more than 9 USM crystals in 5 runs and in one I got only 4. To this day there are types of sabers whose crystals I've never gotten. I suspect you have another mod installed which somewhat alters loot code. I know that when I ran the OC with USM and Final Touch installed I ended up with almost 30 crystals for some reason.

None that Im aware of. I only usually install model/texture replacements. Im very careful about overpowered or unbalanced mods.

To me the amount of crystals and sabers I ended up with was enough to open my own store. Though Id be happy to have loot chance for all Armour/Weapons reduced. There is far too much accumulation in this game

What Im wondering is if the loot chance of all sabers/crystals has been balanced with the default items, or just added to it. eg. If there is a 10% chance of looting a vanila crystal and then you triple the item count with USM, and then add them along witht he same chance percentage. What happens in game? Total crystals is many times the amount you would have originally (Which was plenty :P )

I guess that if you disabled the standard game items it could break other mods. Though it could encourage others to use USM as the standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathdisco
Or just point to the default model for that saber type if that won't work. That way you don't lose the crystal. Either way I'm not sure why no one has done this yet instead of using null references.
Having to reload a save game because of losing something from an accident shouldnt be happening. The first priority should be to make the mod solid, so it doesnt have those issues.

Is there not a way to stop those crystals being allowed to be installed in the wrong saber?

Two systems for sabers in game at one time can be a little confusing

Last edited by Anach; 02-27-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Anach is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2007, 10:25 PM   #407
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
^^^Adding the default sabers to the custom rows in upcrystals wouldn't make a difference, if you assemble a custom saber crystal in a default saber it will become a default crystal.

Our way is that if you do put the crystal in the wrong saber type, you will be able to see that you have done so by it turning into a nullnade. When you see that happen you can cancle the assemble and try it in a different hilt.

In order to make it work so that you don't loose the crystal after assembling it is by making uti's for all three saber types. That would be triple the work for very little payoff. Letting the saber turn into a null nade is by far the simplest and most efficient method.

About the saber USM spawn script, yes you will likely obtain many crystals throughout the game, this was done so that people would have saber choices without having to cheat. However your not likely to find any powerfull crystals at a low level, heh actually there are a couple powerfull crystals that you have a minute chance of finding and then only if your a very high level.
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-28-2007, 12:35 AM   #408
deathdisco
Bastards of Young

Veteran Modder Contest winner - Modding 
Quote:
Originally Posted by T7nowhere
^^^Adding the default sabers to the custom rows in upcrystals wouldn't make a difference, if you assemble a custom saber crystal in a default saber it will become a default crystal.
Oops!
I guess if I had tried it myself or thought about it further, I would/should have of known that. It was a random thought that has been in the back of my head.
At least you would not end up with nothing.
Point conceded.

deathdisco is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2007, 11:33 AM   #409
Darth Balor

Is there a way to get kreia her saber if you install the mod after she fights sion?

Darth Balor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2007, 11:45 AM   #410
jedikiller32
Lurker

I believe the only way is through the KSE or perhaps through the 'giveitem' command.
jedikiller32 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2007, 11:48 AM   #411
Darth Balor

but what is the name of her saber to add it

Old 03-24-2007, 05:20 PM   #412
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

^^^Kreia's green saber is usm_lghtsbr_122

This is in the T7's modding notes.txt wothin the USM_Released\FOR modders only folder
Old 03-24-2007, 05:52 PM   #413
SykoRevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedikiller32
I believe the only way is through the KSE or perhaps through the 'giveitem' command.
I have noticed that none of the USM Sabers or crystals appear in the KSE inventory master list for some reason. I'm not sure why. I also know of no cheat codes to get them either.

SykoRevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-24-2007, 06:42 PM   #414
Darth Balor

I had a weird problem i installed the mod(with fixes) then started a new game and got the the part where kreia fights sion and the script didnt fire! so i had to uninstall go through the cutscene then reinstall.
Old 03-24-2007, 07:19 PM   #415
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SykoRevan
I have noticed that none of the USM Sabers or crystals appear in the KSE inventory master list for some reason. I'm not sure why. I also know of no cheat codes to get them either.
The "cheats" are on the modding notes readme. It has a list of the lightsabers and what their UTI file name is.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2007, 12:48 AM   #416
jamng
Rookie

I'm considering installing this mod because the BA-122 sabre looks especially intersesting. I looked in the readme and other notes but didn't see any info on the BA-122.

Does it allow you to go from 1 <-> 2 sabres in combat or how exactly does it work? ie, You have to "use" it somehow to get it to change, etc?

I have only 2 mods, Handmaiden's Look and Bao-Dur's Charged Armor. It sounds like I'd copy everything in the USM Override directory into my current and then reinstall the Handmaiden's Look and Bao-Dur's Charged Armor mods?

Apologies if this was already answered. I scrolled through and read a number of the replies in the thread and may have missed it.
jamng is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2007, 01:17 AM   #417
SykoRevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamng
I'm considering installing this mod because the BA-122 sabre looks especially intersesting. I looked in the readme and other notes but didn't see any info on the BA-122.

Does it allow you to go from 1 <-> 2 sabres in combat or how exactly does it work? ie, You have to "use" it somehow to get it to change, etc?
The BA-122 actually gives you 3 sabers: one double bladed saber and two single bladed sabers. if you use the double bladed saber in combat, equip both single sabers into your second weapon slot. then just use the weapon switch action to simulate the change.

SykoRevan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-02-2007, 02:41 PM   #418
jamng
Rookie

Thanks! That's what I'm doing now when I can . I was hoping for something different .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SykoRevan
The BA-122 actually gives you 3 sabers: one double bladed saber and two single bladed sabers. if you use the double bladed saber in combat, equip both single sabers into your second weapon slot. then just use the weapon switch action to simulate the change.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:29 AM   #419
jamng
Rookie

Ok, I'm going to install this tonight and probably the Skip Peregus Mod. I noticed in the thread that it mentioned you needed to finish the Build Your Own Lightsaber quest. Is this the default quest or a unique one to USM?

The Skip Peregus mod throws in a lightsaber and I was wondering if it would break USM.

Any clues would be appreciated.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:05 PM   #420
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Quote:
Ok, I'm going to install this tonight and probably the Skip Peregus Mod. I noticed in the thread that it mentioned you needed to finish the Build Your Own Lightsaber quest. Is this the default quest or a unique one to USM?
Its the normal game quest.

Quote:
The Skip Peregus mod throws in a lightsaber and I was wondering if it would break USM.

Any clues would be appreciated.
You will miss out of getting Kriea's Lightsaber. Using that mod might have unexpected side effects when used with USM.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:50 PM   #421
jamng
Rookie

Thanks. Based on your reply, it sounds like it'll break more than just Kriea's Lightsaber. Doesn't getting a Lightsaber automatically bypass the normal game quest?

Quote:
Its the normal game quest.

You will miss out of getting Kriea's Lightsaber. Using that mod might have unexpected side effects when used with USM.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:54 PM   #422
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Thanks. Based on your reply, it sounds like it'll break more than just Kriea's Lightsaber. Doesn't getting a Lightsaber automatically bypass the normal game quest?

Unless you use the KSE to purposely break the "build your own Lightsaber" quest, nothing else will.

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Old 04-05-2007, 04:01 PM   #423
jamng
Rookie

Ok, I've it installed and Visas has created her lightsaber as well as Bao-Dur and Handmaiden so the mod is working as I've gotten a 2 or 3 crystals as well.

In the dialogs for Bao-Dur and Handmaiden I see other stuff like building another lightsaber and learning Force Immunities but I don't see additional lines for Visas on or off the Ebon Hawk. Should I see additional lines or is this the correct behavior?

The same goes for Kreia. She has her lightsaber, but no other dialog lines for building another lightsaber (probably wouldn't make any sense anyway since she can't dual wield or wield a double-bladed lightsaber) or training (might not make sense either since she's the mentor and doing the teaching).

Is there a way to bump up the percentages for the random loot?

Last edited by jamng; 04-05-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #424
Gargoyle King
Veteran

Post Wow!!

The default sabers in TSL, like Kotor, totally sucked; it makes you kinda wonder what the developers were on at the time!

Anyway it's mods like this that keep revitalising the game, good work T7Nowhere!
Gargoyle King is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-06-2007, 11:01 PM   #425
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Ok, I've it installed and Visas has created her lightsaber as well as Bao-Dur and Handmaiden so the mod is working as I've gotten a 2 or 3 crystals as well.

In the dialogs for Bao-Dur and Handmaiden I see other stuff like building another lightsaber and learning Force Immunities but I don't see additional lines for Visas on or off the Ebon Hawk. Should I see additional lines or is this the correct behavior?

The same goes for Kreia. She has her lightsaber, but no other dialog lines for building another lightsaber (probably wouldn't make any sense anyway since she can't dual wield or wield a double-bladed lightsaber) or training (might not make sense either since she's the mentor and doing the teaching).

Is there a way to bump up the percentages for the random loot?
Visas is considered to be full jedi/sith by the makers of USM. Atton/Brianna/Mira/Mical/Boa Dur all get three levels of training depending on your/their level. By the time you are 24th level they should be fully trained.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:15 AM   #426
ShadowDragon868
Rookie

I hate to be a pain, so I'll appologize in advance... I want to add the USM to my KotOR2, but I've been having some difficulty.

To start: All of the files I have currently, I got from FileFront, so if those versions are out-of-date, please tell me.

Currently I've installed:
The USM (Version from Filefront)
The Jedi Temple mod that adds the Jedi Temple and Courscant as a visitable location (from Filefront)
The Slender Bodies mod that makes women look womanly (and adds real underwear), also from Filefront
The Feats Gain mod, also from Filefront.

I first noticed trouble when I got to Harbinger - The expected encounter where Kreia loses her hand to Sleeps-with-Vibroblades (Atton's name is just so right) wasen't triggering. I found this to be odd...

Asking on those forums, I got no answer whatsoever. So I pulled a hatchet-job fix of my own; I renamed the Override folder, ran down the corridor to trigger the cut-scene. It triggered properly this time, but instead of attacking Sleeps-with-Vibroblades with her lightsaber, Kreia pulled a martial arts stance like she was about to kick his butt Jackie Chan style. While an amusing thought, I figured this wasen't right, so I came looking for further support.

What do I do to fix my game, preferably while keeping all of the mods listed and without starting over?

Also, on the first post of this thread, it made mention of a mod by someone named Stoffe that allowed you to bring along the Handmaiden as a female PC. Since I really, really hate the ever-loving bejeebers out of that whining prat, and I really, really want to bring along a vampire-pale mystic-in-white, I'd like to find this mod. Unfortunately, the Google has failed me; can you point me in the right direction?

Also, which updates to the USM will I need to download to make everything work? Will I have to purge the Mods folder entirely?
ShadowDragon868 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2007, 08:30 AM   #427
stoffe
Mostly dormant

Helpful! 10 year veteran! Notable contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDragon868
I first noticed trouble when I got to Harbinger - The expected encounter where Kreia loses her hand to Sleeps-with-Vibroblades (Atton's name is just so right) wasen't triggering. I found this to be odd...
Do you have any files named newgeneric001.utt, newgeneric003.utt, 153atton.dlg, a_sionspawn.ncs, cheat_sion2.ncs or a_sion_cut2.ncs in your game's override folder? Those files are involved in triggering and running that scene.

If you have a newgeneric001.utt or newgeneric003.utt file in your override folder you should remove it since it will cause tons of trouble throughout the game since there are many triggers that use a local template with that name.

mt
stoffe is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-07-2007, 01:06 PM   #428
ShadowDragon868
Rookie

I found a_sion_cut2.ncs. No Newgenerics, though of the files these others are similar to what you mentioned:

152_sion_cut.ncs
a_sion_cut.ncs
a_sionspawn.ncs

Should I delete a_son_cut2.ncs, purge my Overrides folder and reinstall all the mods, or what?

Last edited by ShadowDragon868; 04-07-2007 at 05:56 PM.
ShadowDragon868 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2007, 08:18 PM   #429
jamng
Rookie

Wanted to thank the modders for this. Very nice. I looked at the pics and they have a Blue Alora lightsaber but it doesn't look like it was included. At least I can't seem to find it in the UTC files or the notes. Did I just miss it somewhere or was it not included?
Old 04-13-2007, 01:24 AM   #430
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

^^^ it was not included. Seprithro decided to only include the green and red saber.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:46 AM   #431
jamng
Rookie

Quote:
^^^ it was not included. Seprithro decided to only include the green and red saber.
I don't suppose there's any chance of getting the file for a blue saber or directions on how to change one into a blued one? .
Old 04-21-2007, 09:22 PM   #432
Eefluxx

Wonderful mod T7nowhere

I would like to see in the future where you can pick single hilt or doubleblade for the NPC's cause to me it would seem like Bao-Dur would have a double saber and maybe Atton. But then again that is just my preference
Eefluxx is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-23-2007, 05:37 PM   #433
2Cold Scorpio
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eefluxx
Wonderful mod T7nowhere

I would like to see in the future where you can pick single hilt or doubleblade for the NPC's cause to me it would seem like Bao-Dur would have a double saber and maybe Atton. But then again that is just my preference
That'd be cool, but I saw it as a use for the double sabers I don't end up using for my PC (Much like I gave Visas Darth Maul's doublesaber from the Movie Saber Mod, in addition to her USM saber...).

But if you're reading, T7, the above idea would be a good idea for a patch...

Also, someone needs to look into making the k_enter_601.ncs and old_enter_601.ncs files compatible with the Suvan Tam mod. I mentioned it in that thread too...lol ^_^ Just a thought...

2Cold Scorpio, Rogues' Guild class 1A
www.GuildCom.us

"By the ancient spirits' rites, the old ghosts proclaim their rights; still they're lost in time." -"Blood on My Hands", Demons & Wizards
"We'll build a perfect beast with the knowledge they seek; if it takes ten thousand years, we never will retreat!" -"Prophecy", Iced Earth
"If you'll pardon my stealing of movie lines: The Force is with us" -Ronald W. Reagan
2Cold Scorpio is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2007, 11:34 PM   #434
Jek_Windu
Lurker

I just returned to playing TSL, and I decided to install the USM. When Kreia joined me, her lightsaber never appeared, and I hadn't had a single drop of anything USM by level 11. I had a crapload of mods installed, so I uninstalled.

After reinstalling, I put in RedHawke's item pack and its booster, and the USM and started a new game. Again, Kreia's lightsaber has made no appearance, while RH's mods are working perfectly. Any help anybody could give would be greatly appreciated.
Jek_Windu is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-29-2007, 11:49 PM   #435
Darth Kalverys
Dark Lord

Did you start a new game? If so, then I suppose those two mods conflict... so you'll have to choose between the two of them...
Darth Kalverys is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-02-2007, 08:09 PM   #436
Jek_Windu
Lurker

Okay, so I uninstalled the booster pack and started a new game. Still not working, and the only other mod I have on is one specifically listed as compatible. I've reinstalled once, and restarted games 4 times. Any help would greatly appreiciated.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:26 PM   #437
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

when you loaded RH's mod... did you happen overwrite USM's upcrystals.2da? (or any other .2da file)... that will cause problems. USM's compatibility depends on you using the USM's version of the .2da files...

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-03-2007, 04:13 PM   #438
Jek_Windu
Lurker

Possibly, I'm not sure.

To fix it, do you think it would work if I reinstalled and .2da files from USM?
Old 05-03-2007, 04:19 PM   #439
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jek_Windu
Possibly, I'm not sure.

To fix it, do you think it would work if I reinstalled and .2da files from USM?
If you're using another mod that's in the USM's compatible list, then yeah.. "hopefully" it'll fix it.. (assuming it was a .2da problem)

** However, now that I realize.. RH recently made all of (or most of) his mods with the TSL Patcher... sooooo.. if the mod was installed via the Patcher (an .exe file) then no, using USM's .2da files will probably mess things up even worse..

sorry if that sounds confusing...

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 05-09-2007, 09:22 PM   #440
jamng
Rookie

In this link:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...ighlight=vrook

It is suggested that USM is the culprit and that I should install it again. Is there a specific file I need to look at for this as I've got a number of other mods installed on top and I'd have to wipe everything and start over.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > USM Released!!!