lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: USM Released!!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 09-26-2007, 06:55 AM   #481
Darth Balor

I have a problem, on the harbinger the sion script that should give him his new saber and give kreia hers, and have them "fight". The game won't fire the cutscene, and I'm stuck until I remove the mod.

Darth Balor is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2007, 04:58 PM   #482
MetalSabre
Lurker

Help is appreciated

I have been playing TSL with the USM for months now. While I think you did a great job on this mod, there are some "issues" that I would really like some clarity on. I tried figuring these problems out on my own, but to no avail.

My main problems are that I can't get any of my party members (except Visas) to build their own Lightsabers, and that the Force power lessons you can give your party memebers, after you become a Jedi just won't get any further then the first lesson.
The dialog keeps saying the same "I'll teach you some more when you are stronger" sort of line, even when they are at level 50.

On Filefront, I was directed here by Shem. He said it was possible that these issues showed up because I might have used KSE. But I didnīt.
I read posts on how to have the rest of the party construct sabers, so I donīt really need help with that, but I would REALLY appreciate it if someone could tell me what to do about those Force lessons.
MetalSabre is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-17-2007, 07:24 PM   #483
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
What are the other mods that you have installed?
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2007, 02:33 AM   #484
Master Niewiedzial
Rookie

Current Game: JK II JO
Quote:
even when they are at level 50.
Man. Even if you make them Jedi at level 50 then theirs levels won't go up I mean it. I had the same problem and I had to start the game again.

Turn to the light, the dark side may have cookies but we have PIE!!!
Master Niewiedzial is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-18-2007, 03:29 AM   #485
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

^^ That is a good point.

@MetalSabre, the learning that I added for the padawans is completely dependant on certain scripts being fired. Cheating the npc's levels up bypasses the scripts and so you will never be able to give them training until those scripts are fired.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:49 AM   #486
MetalSabre
Lurker

Sorry, I should have mentioned I played the game both cheating and "clean".
As for the other mods I have installed...

I already said I played with this mod for some months, and I had many mods installed and removed over these months. But I can give you a list of the mods I played with, with the USM installed, and which mods I currently have installed.

Past Mods:
Black Raven Remake
Blood Saber
Celestial Saber
Darth Traya reskin (can't remember the original name)
Get Your Lightsaber Back From Atris
Lady of the Blood Rose (Complete)
Nightingale
The Nagai
Two Piece Undies
Ultimate Sound Mod

Current Mods:
Black Raven Remake
Get Your Lightsaber Back From Atris
Nightingale

Most of them are reskins or additional head mods, so I'd be very surprised if this would have anything to do with scripts.
Maybe the Lightsaber retrieval mod has something to do with it.

I re-installed TSL a few weeks ago, it isn't patched.
I hope this info helps a bit.
MetalSabre is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2007, 07:28 AM   #487
Obss Damell
Rookie

Current Game: Mass Effect 2/KOTOR2
ummm..this maybe a spoiler to some ppl so ill place a spoiler tag...
spoiler:
i found the weird datapad with the ''prototype'' saber blue prints. what can i do with them in gods name and how?

Obss Damell is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2007, 08:54 AM   #488
Gavroche
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obss Damell
ummm..this maybe a spoiler to some ppl so ill place a spoiler tag...
spoiler:
i found the weird datapad with the ''prototype'' saber blue prints. what can i do with them in gods name and how?
Wait and see.

spoiler:
As soon as you'll have landed on Dantooine, you'll know what it does.

"Do you think I seek the death of all living things? There is no victory in such things.
I do not want to win our war like this, little Jedi. When I win, I wish it to be because I was right, my teachings true.
"
- Kreia, Jedi Master, Sith Lord
Gavroche is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2007, 09:25 AM   #489
Obss Damell
Rookie

spoiler:
ive just completed dantooine...wtf >.>

Old 10-24-2007, 09:46 AM   #490
Q
The one who knocks

Current Game: Mowing down neos with my M60
LF Jester Forum Veteran Helpful! 
spoiler:
Look in the landing pad area for anything out of the ordinary (read: something that isn't there in the vanilla game ).

As for the certain "teaching" scripts not firing: I've just gotten used to the fact that sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. With all of the mods that I have installed, I just consider myself lucky when they do.

"They should rename the team to the Washington Government Sucks. Put Obama on the helmet. Line the entire walls of the stadium with the actual text of the ACA.
Fix their home team score on the board to the debt clock, they can win every game 17,000,000,000,000 to 24. Losing team gets taxed by the IRS 100%, then droned."
-Toker
Q is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-24-2007, 10:44 AM   #491
Obss Damell
Rookie

spoiler:
If you have the blueprints, an extra dialogue option will become available for you. Choose carefully as you're only allowed to construct one color before things happen and the blueprints get destroyed. You'll still be able to use the console for the other functions though ""

this doesnt happen forme, the dialogue opstion inst there what now?

EDIT "What's your security skill level? It has to be at least 9 or higher (I believe)...

Afterwards, there should be an entry similar to that of "You notice a datapad port/plugin.. yaddayadda" something like that... "

have that too even tried it woth bao-durs lcl 23 security, didnt work

plus i cant get the update no.1 to download. fix?

Obss Damell, I have deleted your "someone please answer!" post as that is 'bumping' and is not allowed here. This is a forum not IM so answers can and will take time, please have patience. -RH

excuse me for being impatient, its just kinda frustrating :S and i want that saber badly. it will not happen again my master *bows*

Last edited by Obss Damell; 10-26-2007 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:26 PM   #492
Commander Thire
Rookie

dude fantastic mod but i have a request. Could you post a list of the console names of the crystals?
Commander Thire is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2007, 04:45 AM   #493
Darth_Eradycus
Rookie

Check the Read-Me file that came with the mod. If I'm not mistaken, it listed off all of the console id's for each saber and its crystal.
Darth_Eradycus is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2007, 09:15 AM   #494
dcinroc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Eradycus
Check the Read-Me file that came with the mod. If I'm not mistaken, it listed off all of the console id's for each saber and its crystal.
Actually, the Readme doesn't...but one could still copy the names of the .uti files from the USM Override file, since those names = the console id's.
dcinroc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2007, 12:06 PM   #495
Commander Thire
Rookie

yea but then theres no way to know which is which
Old 10-28-2007, 02:42 PM   #496
dcinroc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Thire
yea but then theres no way to know which is which
Yup.

I went through some of them on an old save game. As far as I can tell, the character specific sabers are usm_lghtsbr200-240, while the general sabers are 100-184 (with many gaps).

Sorry I can't be more specific...hopefully they will post a complete list.
dcinroc is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-28-2007, 07:12 PM   #497
Commander Thire
Rookie

no problem i can just use KSE thanks though
Old 10-29-2007, 10:24 AM   #498
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obss Damell
plus i cant get the update no.1 to download. fix?
The download for Fix 1 seems to be working for me? May want to try again

However, I'll look into the dialogue to see what is required as far as security skill. I may even take them out or offer a separate download .dlg for those that don't like the requirement.

A few questions first though.

1) Are you using the Hi-Tek Assembly Station to try and create the saber. It's the ONLY place you can use the blueprints. It's the workstation/console in the Dantooine landing pad area. This station is spawned by exiting the EH (on Dantooine) so any other scripts that change the area load script will cause the station to not spawn.. so make sure its the HTAS you're using. Just want to make sure as I've gotten a few e-mails of ppl using the wrong console.

2) Double-check and make sure you still have the blueprints in inventory. They can be accidentally broken down in-between Telos and Dantooine so just finding them won't guarantee you can make the saber.. you must have the blueprints on you.

3) Check both your Security skill & Computer Use skill.. I can't remember which req. I used

I'll check on everything though

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2007, 04:55 AM   #499
Saber-Scorpion
Rookie

hi i just want to be sure that there is nothing wrong with the file i downloaded when i put the override files from the USM there comes a pling sound at 97% and then it ends the loader so is the mod installed then? or does it just not work for me?
Saber-Scorpion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2007, 08:29 AM   #500
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

^^ I don't understand. What do you mean "there comes a pling sound". Are you talking about the sound that winrar makes when its finnished extracting? If so then no its not installed. you need to extract the mod and follow the instructions in the readme to install the mod.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:57 AM   #501
Saber-Scorpion
Rookie

yes that kind of sound well i tried 5 times but it still came the sound but i will read the readme this time even though i had usm last time i played and then it worked great
Saber-Scorpion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-05-2007, 09:02 AM   #502
Obss Damell
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da
The download for Fix 1 seems to be working for me? May want to try again

However, I'll look into the dialogue to see what is required as far as security skill. I may even take them out or offer a separate download .dlg for those that don't like the requirement.

A few questions first though.

1) Are you using the Hi-Tek Assembly Station to try and create the saber. It's the ONLY place you can use the blueprints. It's the workstation/console in the Dantooine landing pad area. This station is spawned by exiting the EH (on Dantooine) so any other scripts that change the area load script will cause the station to not spawn.. so make sure its the HTAS you're using. Just want to make sure as I've gotten a few e-mails of ppl using the wrong console.

2) Double-check and make sure you still have the blueprints in inventory. They can be accidentally broken down in-between Telos and Dantooine so just finding them won't guarantee you can make the saber.. you must have the blueprints on you.

3) Check both your Security skill & Computer Use skill.. I can't remember which req. I used

I'll check on everything though

i checked on all those the first time...and i dont reckon i need any higher than the 32 or so computer & security skill of bao-dur :P

Old 11-18-2007, 05:39 PM   #503
Jedi Excel
Lurker

I got this Mod from http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...aber_Mod;73530

Since it was listed as being updated as of 12-11-06 I was wondering which of the patches on page 1 that version included and which I still need to get it to the best, especially as I see on these pages there was some discussion of editing the drops recently but the patches listed are from 2005.

Great Mod, by the way. It makes the game new again

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swfan28
First, copy the contents of USMrandom_source to a temporary folder and replace the file usm_loot.nss with the one from the updated random loot patch to include the changes made for the updated script.

Open the file and find the routine void Usm_PlaceTreasure(object oContainer = OBJECT_SELF) under the comment "Set planetary and lvl conditions to spawn the USM crystal and robes loot:" near the beginning of the file.

The variables for the routine should look like this:

[code snipped by Jedi Excel to save space]

You are now ready to recompile the scripts. Compile the whole USMrandom_source and copy the compiled NCS files and the usm_loot.nss to your KotOR2 override. Overwrite the old files.

That should do it unless I forgot something important...
Well it took me three hours to figure out how to edit and compile but I think it worked. I'll test it and let you know how it worked. Since my game just hit level 19 hopefully I will start seeing higher level crystals now

Edit2: Hmm, my experience seems to be that things simply stopped dropping altogether now for the special crystals. I am guessing I did something wrong?

Edit 3: I think it finally started working around level 23, unless the USM program has specific hard drops in the Sith Temple on Dxun as suddenly I began to acquire the J-Crystal, the Type C Crystal and the Hurrikane crystal.

So far, with three Jedi masters slain, their special sabers have all dropped.

Once I finish this version, I will try it again lightside and see how it works in the earlier levels.

Last edited by RedHawke; 11-21-2007 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Combining posts...
Jedi Excel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-19-2007, 02:08 PM   #504
Agravaine
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Excel
I got this Mod from http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...aber_Mod;73530

Since it was listed as being updated as of 12-11-06 I was wondering which of the patches on page 1 that version included and which I still need to get it to the best, especially as I see on these pages there was some discussion of editing the drops recently but the patches listed are from 2005.

Great Mod, by the way. It makes the game new again
also, the links to the patches listed in the OP no longer work.
Agravaine is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-27-2007, 01:22 AM   #505
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agravaine
also, the links to the patches listed in the OP no longer work.
My bad.. my server pooped on me

Links should work now

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-01-2007, 12:14 PM   #506
jedimaster81
Lurker

K2RP-A TSLRP COMPANION

Does this mod work with the new update to k2rp or do we have to wait for a new patch.
jedimaster81 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-02-2007, 01:32 PM   #507
SD Nihil

Current Game: K1/2, EaW/FoC, & TFU
With concern to the recent version with the droid planet. The installer says 303NAR.git is missing. I was told that the file only has to do with Nar Shadda's scealed doors. But the problem is, after the open dialog box opens wnating you to locate 303NAR.git all you can do is press cancel or ok. Both stop the installation. How do you get around this?

Update: A fix for the 303NAR.git has been posted. Get it here: http://rapidshare.com/files/73881733...t_Fix.zip.html

Also there were glitches found that occured after installing the above file. However that was because the installer was run a second time. This time with the fix in it. They're minor and can be fixed easily by re-installing KOTOR 2. However, there was one glitch not was not because of running the installer a second time. The Telos Academy glitch. Please visit the Team Gizka site to get the fix.

Last edited by SD Nihil; 12-04-2007 at 07:02 PM.
SD Nihil is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-11-2007, 01:26 PM   #508
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

@ jedimaster81, Sorry but I have no idea how compatable USM is with K2RP.

@RA Jeff, wth are you talking about?
Please keep the discussion relevant.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:09 PM   #509
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
This mod has hit its one year anniversary at FileFront has currently 18,779 downloads. That's actually at least 2,000 more downloads than it ever got at PCGM during its two year run there. I'm glad to see this mod is still as popular as ever.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 12-13-2007, 04:00 PM   #510
GameGeeks
Rookie

I tried the voicestream replacement (Backed the old one on my desktop first.) and I went and talked to Anton and there was no voice speake and it skipped right to the point where I was given the option of what I wanted to say. Is that suposed to happen. FYI I removed it and put the old one back in.

GameGeeks is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2008, 09:15 AM   #511
Jahgro
Lurker

I had a few questions about this mod. I'm sure they have been answered before, however i am unable to find them.

EDIT: ok i found out it was a mod conflict with HK-Factory Reconstructed mod.

Also i was wondering, at all the cool "character lightsabers" in this mod, how come there is no cool Exile lightsaber? Like maybe the one the Exile lost after he was exiled? Or is there and i just haven't found it yet?

Thanks
-Jahgro

Last edited by Jahgro; 01-08-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Jahgro is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-08-2008, 08:40 PM   #512
Mattingly
Lurker

I'll echo Jedi Excel: do we need any of the patches from the first page?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333
I'll fix it this weekend. There are a few other fixes I wanted to implement long ago too that I'll be adding as well.
Did this ever happen? If so, where would I find it?

Also, thanks for designing the mod in the first place. I haven't played the game yet but I'm sure it will help make my first experience more memorable.
Mattingly is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2008, 01:39 AM   #513
AnakinSolo2002
Lurker

can someone please upload the 5 fixes to another site because the site they were on no longer works. thanks. and it think there was another fix talked about recently but i never saw a download. thanks again.
AnakinSolo2002 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2008, 01:48 AM   #514
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakinSolo2002
can someone please upload the 5 fixes to another site because the site they were on no longer works. thanks. and it think there was another fix talked about recently but i never saw a download. thanks again.
Just tried the links in the first post in this thread and they work fine.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-17-2008, 11:52 AM   #515
AnakinSolo2002
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawke
Just tried the links in the first post in this thread and they work fine.

well i just tried them on my other computer and they worked... lol

some websites don't work on my other computer for somereason. so annoying.

it would really be great though if the las update could be added. it had something to do with the random loot or something, was talked about on the last few pages. thanks.
AnakinSolo2002 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-23-2008, 03:13 PM   #516
tobiwl
Lurker

I have a problem with the construction of my own lightsaber. I'm on Dxun rightnow and have found all parts, but when I talk with Bao Dur first everything is OK but then when the question comes what lightsaber you want to create, the conversacion breaks down. I have allready installed the Updates 1+2+4 but it doesnt help. Neither ddo Iknow how to make Visas construct her own lightsaber. I play a German version, maybe this causes the trouble I dont know. But the rest of the mod works. There is Kreyas saber and I could also change the crystal in Kreyas saber to create another saber, just this stupid conersationerror occures everytime.

Also the sabers with USM crystals have no names in my play, is this normal or part of the Proble?

The convesation error says: "CONVERSTION ERROR: Last Conversatin Node Contains Either an END NODE or CONTINOUS NODE. Please contact a Designer."

The same Error occures when I talk to T3-M4 since I got the Ebon Hawk, but that doesn't bother me so much.

Edit: I found a dlg converter which may convert the .utc, .uti, .dlg, .mod files to other languages may this solve the problem? But what files I will have to convert? The T3-M4 Problem comes probably from the Droid Planet Mod.

Last edited by tobiwl; 01-24-2008 at 06:17 AM.
tobiwl is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2008, 02:46 PM   #517
Nynaeve_Onasi
Rookie

Current Game: KOTOR I & II
Problem with usm

Have removed usm and problem was solved - in peragus when Kreia joins the team the screen goes black and you can't see where you are going. I tried just the usm by itself and still had the problem, but without the mod installed game runs fine. I'd really like to use it - the mod is great.
Nynaeve_Onasi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 04-12-2008, 05:14 PM   #518
AlexandruL
Lurker

i'm sorry to bring back this thread, and i'm again sorry if this has been asked before, but:

i remember that the usm had a console command that would bring up a dialogue in which you could gain influence with other party members. was i wrong ? is this not in the usm ? if someone can paste that command in here i would be ever so grateful. cheers!
AlexandruL is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2008, 04:41 PM   #519
Jefardi
Lurker

i'm having a pretty big problem and i have no idea what is causing it, well i had a my hardrive wiped a while ago, and finally got around to modding KotOR 2 (i didn't do it before) and i did everything it said to do with the installing and its the only mod i have on my KotOR 2 game so far but the game won't launch.....you know anything that could be causing this?
Jefardi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-02-2008, 04:45 PM   #520
HK-42
HK47+Marvin=

Current Game: AssassinsCreed,kotor
Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefardi View Post
i'm having a pretty big problem and i have no idea what is causing it, well i had a my hardrive wiped a while ago, and finally got around to modding KotOR 2 (i didn't do it before) and i did everything it said to do with the installing and its the only mod i have on my KotOR 2 game so far but the game won't launch.....you know anything that could be causing this?
Did it launch before you installed the mod? And is this vista?

HK-42 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > USM Released!!!