lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: USM Released!!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 07-19-2008, 03:03 AM   #521
Darth_Generic
Lurker

Question A job request from an insane Grammar Nazi

*Accidentally posted on Filefront, before fully reading Shem's really long review*

If this mod is still going to be updated, may I offer my services as a text editor? I can proofread the item descriptions and fix some minor details, like the Dooku hilt's description - ancient Jedi used curved hilts too, not just Sith.

If I could figure out dialog edits, I could check that too. It might improve that aspect of an otherwise absolutely perfect mod. As it is, it's already a permanent resident in my override folder! Instant download/10 on the Filefront rating scale, or an infinity symbol if those are usable there.

If this request is declined, I'll go with that; the mod's good enough as is, and just about everyone on the team is practically a modding legend because of this. And anyway, this is just a canon update and spelling/grammar fix, so it isn't that important.

With all due respect, Darth Generic - Sith Lord in the Background
Darth_Generic is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-30-2008, 10:50 PM   #522
LazyAmerican
Rookie

Where exactly do you find alot of the hilts in this mod? I seem to only be able to find padawan and roccarian crystal types...and I am level 20ish or so. I understand that several are either from converting your party members into jedi or getting them off the corpses of other important characters in the game..but there are still other ones that I've never seen in game before that look truly badass. Maybe a mod is conflicting with this? I have both high force powers, start with lightsaber, sith assassins carry lightsabers, and this of course.
LazyAmerican is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-31-2008, 07:45 PM   #523
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Since some of the USM saber crystals are generated using the games random loot script it is random what crystals you get.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-01-2008, 02:00 PM   #524
swfan28
Rookie

Quote:
LazyAmerican wrote:
Where exactly do you find alot of the hilts in this mod? I seem to only be able to find padawan and roccarian crystal types...and I am level 20ish or so. I understand that several are either from converting your party members into jedi or getting them off the corpses of other important characters in the game..but there are still other ones that I've never seen in game before that look truly badass. Maybe a mod is conflicting with this? I have both high force powers, start with lightsaber, sith assassins carry lightsabers, and this of course.
There is a bug in this mod's random loot script that has the effect of making only stage 1 crystals and NPC specific crystals available. See page 12 post 448 in this thread for more information and instructions on how to fix this on your own.
swfan28 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2008, 12:41 PM   #525
LazyAmerican
Rookie

Where exactly do I go to input those numbers?
Old 08-02-2008, 02:11 PM   #526
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfan28 View Post
There is a bug in this mod's random loot script that has the effect of making only stage 1 crystals and NPC specific crystals available. See page 12 post 448 in this thread for more information and instructions on how to fix this on your own.
swfan28, or anyone that still has the game & tools installed

If anyone can recompile the fixed loot script, and provide the fixed files (in .zip format) I'll post them in the first post of this thread and host it on my site.

Full credit will go to swfan28 of course, and anyone who can provide me with the recompiled scripts.

Normally I'd do this myself, however I don't have the game, nor tools installed currently. I'm sure (hopefully) someone could provide said fix far sooner than it would take me to do this

However, PLEASE make sure you follow the exact instructions listed in the yellow quoted post. Preferably, or a must rather, that has no other changes that would affect the USM random loot other than what's listed for the patch. Also, please provide the new "usm_loot.nss" source script as well, so others can make possible future changes or adjustment to a 'fixed' base

Post #455 also has detailed instructions on what to do.

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-02-2008, 07:29 PM   #527
LazyAmerican
Rookie

I apologize again for my ignorance (I have never created any mods for any games in my life) but I've got the script for the random_loot corrected..I just don't know how to compile it all together. I read the thread here on how to compile scripts...didn't really talk about multiple ones (using the KOTOR tool that is) which seems to be the easiest..or I should say less instructions necessary heh. I just need a real layman's terms step by step breakdown on how to compile the now fixed usm_loot_nss into my game basically and have it all come together.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:00 PM   #528
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
August 3rd, 2008
----------------

Author: swfan28

This zip contains the most recent patch to the USM loot scripts, correcting the player getting only stage 1 crystals via random loot bug.

The USM Team would like to give its utmost appreciation and thank you to swfan28, for not ony spotting the bug.. but for providing this very patch to fix it!

Thank you swfan28! The USM Team and all its users are very grateful for your contribution.

Installation:

- Drop all of the files in the "for override" folder (not the folder itself) in your TSL "override" folder.

- Click 'Yes To All' if it asks to overwrite

- For best results, starting a new game is recommended, though not necessary

------------------------------

Source file is included in the "source" folder : usm_loot.nss

For more details about the patch, you can visit : (posts #448 & #455)

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthrea...149509&page=12
NEW USM loot patch is available! Thank you so much swfan28!

I have updated the first post in this thread to update the NEW Update #2 (replaced file).. but for those wanting it now now now... grab it here:

CLICKY!

Old 08-03-2008, 05:18 PM   #529
LazyAmerican
Rookie

Thanks alot!! I can't stand playing TSL without this mod!
Old 08-04-2008, 11:37 AM   #530
Arátoeldar
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post
NEW USM loot patch is available! Thank you so much swfan28!

I have updated the first post in this thread to update the NEW Update #2 (replaced file).. but for those wanting it now now now... grab it here:
Thank you swfan28 for fixing the random loot script.

Thank you ChAiNz.2da for hosing the fix.

Not all those who wander are lost.-J.R.R. Tolkien

I believe in Christianity as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it but by it I see everything else - C.S. Lewis
Arátoeldar is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 08-04-2008, 10:29 PM   #531
LazyAmerican
Rookie

Works perfectly now..however I still can't figure out why the breakaway saber option isn't showing up. Is it something only the exile can do? Cause currently my character has no security and a couple computer use...if there is a skill requirement anyone know what it is? Also..something not completely related (maybe?) is the fact that I am only getting 1 component per item no matter who I use or what item I try to breakdown..maybe I just haven't played this in a long time and have forgotten..or perhaps something is up not sure.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:27 AM   #532
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyAmerican View Post
Works perfectly now..however I still can't figure out why the breakaway saber option isn't showing up. Is it something only the exile can do? Cause currently my character has no security and a couple computer use...if there is a skill requirement anyone know what it is?
The breakaway builder (Hi-Tek Assembly Station) requires both the blueprint datapad you (hopefully) picked up in the underground military base on Telos' surface, as well as a Repair skill of 9 or higher

Old 08-11-2008, 05:22 PM   #533
Free
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt312 View Post
Dude I can't get atton, bao-dur or mira to build a lightsaber Visas built hers just fine but none of the others. I tried on the hawk and off the hawk What going on?
I've played Kotor 1 & 2 hundreds of times and its great mods like this one that keep the game fresh fun and exiting to this date.

This is the first time i'm playing with this mod and as you can see i'm new to this forum as well.

I'm having the same problem quoted above. I read thru this entire thread and tried every solution suggested.

at one point I thought it was because I had converted Atton to a Jedi and trained him in the first tier of Jedi abilities before completing the "Build light saber" quest...but I went back to a previous save, completed the quest , THEN converted all my team but I still can't get the others to bulit their lightsaber... the dialog option is there but when I ask to talk about it they just skip over it.
I really want to play the game with this mod.
Does the fact that i'm playing darkside have anything to do with it?

Help please
Free is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2008, 06:45 AM   #534
veridianblade
Rookie

I always wonder will the TSL patcher ever be used for this?

The Ebon Hawk was built to last!!
This old baby's crashed more times than a ZX81!
veridianblade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-10-2008, 12:38 PM   #535
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veridianblade View Post
I always wonder will the TSL patcher ever be used for this?
I wouldn't count on it (or wait for it)...
Most issues are solved by installing it (USM) first then other mods afterwards. If people have already started as game or are in the middle of one.. then my best advice would be to use the USM on your next playthrough.

Probably not what anyone wants to hear.. but best I be honest than run anyone through hoops

Old 09-11-2008, 04:59 AM   #536
veridianblade
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da View Post
I wouldn't count on it (or wait for it)...
Most issues are solved by installing it (USM) first then other mods afterwards. If people have already started as game or are in the middle of one.. then my best advice would be to use the USM on your next playthrough.

Probably not what anyone wants to hear.. but best I be honest than run anyone through hoops
Would you recommend using the 2da merger?

The Ebon Hawk was built to last!!
This old baby's crashed more times than a ZX81!
veridianblade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-11-2008, 09:17 AM   #537
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veridianblade View Post
Would you recommend using the 2da merger?
I'll always recommend using the .2da merger.. it's a priceless tool...but with the USM there's going to be alot more than .2da's to worry about... scripts, dialogues, .uti's, etc.

Depending on what you intend to merge, it could be a piece of cake.. or a headache waiting to happen

Seriously, installing the USM first will take the brunt out of most of the merging woes. Most newer mods use the Patcher which will make it painless.. and the few mods that don't aren't too much on a grand scale to cause sleepless nights (though there are a few)...

Old 09-12-2008, 02:11 PM   #538
lonewolf_kai
Rookie

mod conflicts?

does this mod conflict with Ellderon's greatsabre mod? Link: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filef...t_Sabers;51631

or with Oldflash's Final Touch mod?

Last edited by lonewolf_kai; 09-12-2008 at 02:37 PM.
lonewolf_kai is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #539
Darth Payne
I Am Revan, I Remember.

Current Game: DS3, Alien: Colonial Marines
As far as i know USM does not conflict with Final Touch.

http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/newblack/pederskomsvold.jpg
Formerly known as: Danyael27
My mods at KotorFiles: K1 Robe Stat Boost, TSL Jedi Robe Stat Boost, Jedi Fight Training.
Quando omni flunkus moritati - the motto of the Possum Lodge, Pseudo-Latin for 'when all else fails, play dead.'

SW: Invasion 05,P16 -(Spraug: Seriously? A Wookie with a lightsaber? Thats just overkill.
Darth Payne is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 09-19-2008, 09:00 AM   #540
lonewolf_kai
Rookie

what about ellderon's greatsabre mod?
Old 09-19-2008, 08:51 PM   #541
ChAiNz.2da
Leave Everything to Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf_kai View Post
what about ellderon's greatsabre mod?
The USM was released before it so the .2da files (upcrystals.2da & baseitems.2da) wouldn't be compatible. You'll need to merge the files and make any .uti edits (if necessary).

Quote:
The following mods 2da files are compatible with USM:

- Darkkender's Guardian Saber

- RedHawke & Maverick187's Prestiege Class

- RedHawke's Exile Item Pack

- Xcom's SH Crystal Pack

- Shadow's Saber Pack

- Shadow's Odyssey Saber

- Jetstorm's & Darkkender's Lightsaber Crystal Expansion

- Maverick187's Megido & Avenger Sabers

- Maverick187's Jedi W.M. Mav Model

- Darkkender's Segan Wyndh v2 mod

- Darkkender's Painted Droids mod

- Drakonnen's Jedi v Sith Armor Pack

- ChAiNz.2da's Darksword

- The Ossus Keeper's Black Beam Sabers

- Prydeless' Pink Lightsaber

Old 09-29-2008, 11:00 AM   #542
lonewolf_kai
Rookie

okay, thx for the reply. and love the icon btw!
Old 11-05-2008, 02:49 PM   #543
Ladedada
Lurker

There seems to be a bug with upgrading some sabers, including some of the short sabers and a few of the double ones (Brianna's or Xia's, etc). Whenever I click the 'upgrade' button the game crashes. Any fixes?

Last edited by Ladedada; 11-05-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Ladedada is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2008, 12:50 AM   #544
Saber-Scorpion
Rookie

hi everybody well i wanna thank all of you that made this mod and helped with it in any way one of my personal favourites but i got well not a problem but sort of a request okay there is one saber called goldie wich is my favourite the only problem i don't use short lightsaber so i was wondering if it could be made into a normal lightsaber

My name is to honor the real Saber-Scorpion a great man so here is a link http://www.saber-scorpion.com/

Weapons and tatics change over time,but war the battle of one man against another,for wathever reason always stay the same
Saber-Scorpion is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-06-2008, 01:49 AM   #545
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Sure. Just edit upcrystals.2da. There are 15 hilts in USM that are short sabers only (usm_shtsbr_155 to 164 and usm_shtsbr_170 to 174). Just change the longmdlvar column entries for those hilts from **** to the entry in the shortmdlvar column. Not sure which one goldie is, but it will be one of those 15. Pretty sure that should work.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-09-2008, 04:47 AM   #546
totallyclueless
Rookie

I crash the game when ever I try to change the color crystal in a hilt from this mod. Is that supposed to happen? even when it is a crystal specifically designated to upgrade that lightsaber.
totallyclueless is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-14-2008, 11:27 PM   #547
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
@ totallyclueless : I can't say I know what your doing but you can't use a double saber from USM in a single saber hilt. Also if Baseitems.2da is missing that might happen too. Just don't try to put a crystal in the wrong hilt type.
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #548
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
To add to T7's note above, if you insert a crystal into a saber and then see a grenade, STOP DROP AND ROLL.... I mean, stop and do not build the saber any further, replace the correct type of crystal or simply cancel.

In the mod's readme, you will find reference to these issues - you must use the appropriate crystals for the appropriate saber type.
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2008, 09:17 AM   #549
ExarKun423
Rookie

One of the best mods you can get in TSL imo, adds so much depth and variety, keep up the good work guys!
ExarKun423 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-31-2009, 07:48 PM   #550
Schwarzvogel
Lurker

I am also having problems with the "Breakaway" saber. I have the blueprints, have gone to the appropriate place (terminal on Dantooine), but still see no extra options other than the component and medstation. My computer and security skills are currently at 21 for my main character.

Last edited by Schwarzvogel; 01-31-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Schwarzvogel is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-01-2009, 09:41 PM   #551
DarthVenom6
Rookie

Current Game: Super RotJ
i don't know what's gone wrong in my case, but this mod is completely broken for me. i only just realized it, quite inconveniently after having played all the way into the middle of nar shaddaa.

i'm not sure if there's any advice you can give me to fix this problem, although i'm guessing if you can i'm going to be forced to restart the game again... oh well.

after re-reading the description of the mod more carefully i realized that the mod was broken pretty much since the game start, since kreia is supposed to start off with a lightsaber. i didn't realize that at first.

maybe i need one of the patches or updates at the top of this thread. which i only just became aware of.

i'm level 13 and i haven't seen one special crystal, although i have found above average loot compared to usual at this point in the game. kreia has no lightsaber and visas has no saber dialog. when i reached the part at which kreia confronts sion on the harbinger long ago, the scene was missing entirely, and kreia remained in my party, forcing t3 out of my party until i left the planet.

so the weird thing is the mod is half-working. i'm gettin some decent loot, and clearly it's doing SOMETHING because the cutscene is missing entirely, rather than showing the cutscene i'm told i should see in which kreia wields a saber against sion.

but again, aside from these small indications of mod presence, i've seen nothing. the new crystals and hilts thereof seem to be nowhere to be found

[Edit]ok i just installed the update patches. ... visa's saber dialog now works, however, it resulted in no saber.

Last edited by DarthVenom6; 06-01-2009 at 09:58 PM.
DarthVenom6 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2009, 02:15 AM   #552
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

DarthVenom6, this sounds like the main mod wasn't installed correctly... check the readme file and re-install the mod again according to that.

Unfortunately though you would likely have to re-start your game... sorry.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
Old 06-02-2009, 02:30 AM   #553
DarthVenom6
Rookie

Current Game: Super RotJ
yeah i actually came back just now to say nevermind.

i got so irritated i uninstalled everything including the game itself and started from scratch. restarting the game was a must, but that's ok because the mod works now. i concluded that it was conflicting with bits of another mod i had installed.. don't remember which one, but the files involved were superficial and don't really matter to me anymore, so screw it lol.

i just got kreia and her walking stick so it's all good.
DarthVenom6 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-02-2009, 02:34 AM   #554
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Good to hear!

Old 06-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #555
Caius Fett
Rookie

All's I have to say is WOW!! Thanks to all who worked on this mod I love it! I hated the look of the standard sabers.

Now if I could just find one like this for the blasters lol.

Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe.
-Voltaire
Caius Fett is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #556
Kaelin
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiwl View Post
I have a problem with the construction of my own lightsaber. I'm on Dxun rightnow and have found all parts, but when I talk with Bao Dur first everything is OK but then when the question comes what lightsaber you want to create, the conversacion breaks down. I have allready installed the Updates 1+2+4 but it doesnt help. Neither ddo Iknow how to make Visas construct her own lightsaber. I play a German version, maybe this causes the trouble I dont know. But the rest of the mod works. There is Kreyas saber and I could also change the crystal in Kreyas saber to create another saber, just this stupid conersationerror occures everytime.

Also the sabers with USM crystals have no names in my play, is this normal or part of the Proble?

The convesation error says: "CONVERSTION ERROR: Last Conversatin Node Contains Either an END NODE or CONTINOUS NODE. Please contact a Designer."

The same Error occures when I talk to T3-M4 since I got the Ebon Hawk, but that doesn't bother me so much.

Edit: I found a dlg converter which may convert the .utc, .uti, .dlg, .mod files to other languages may this solve the problem? But what files I will have to convert? The T3-M4 Problem comes probably from the Droid Planet Mod.
Sorry for necroposting but I have the same problem he has. I hope this thread is still visited! Anyway, I play the Italian version of the game, and since I have installed the USM I can't talk to many of my companions... I have also donwloaded the converter he talks about and my question's the same: what files must be converted?
Kaelin is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 06-27-2009, 05:07 AM   #557
iZikEn
Lurker

Hi, first I want to say Great job on such an awesome mod. I would love to just leave it at a complement but I sadly have a problem.

the mod went on without a hitch Kreia got her lightsaber, and I was able to get visas saber,and i found a few UMS crystals, but when I go to the work bench none of the crystals I have found are there. just the normal color crystals. and when I tried to mess with kreias saber the game crashed. it is as thou the mod is there and not there at the same time. I think but im not very good with computer stuff so I might have messed it up myself. i have quite a few mods but they all work fine. I don't think it is a mod conflict, because I can get the crystals and sabers I just cant mess with them on the workbench.but like i said im not very good with computers so i could be wrong.

any help would be great.

-iZi
iZikEn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #558
juansaman
Rookie

Current Game: Fallout: New Vegas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelin View Post
Sorry for necroposting but I have the same problem he has. I hope this thread is still visited! Anyway, I play the Italian version of the game, and since I have installed the USM I can't talk to many of my companions... I have also donwloaded the converter he talks about and my question's the same: what files must be converted?
Ok, I had the same problem last night. And I found the way to fix it:
Download the Language Converter and look for the character's dlg file are causing the error message to appear (Baodur.dlg, t3m4.dlg, atton.dlg and visasmarr.dlg in my case). Load them in the program and this will fix the problem.

Hurrah!

What an amusing specimen of Jedi you are.
juansaman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2009, 10:29 PM   #559
blahkaw98
Lurker

I has an ignorant question >_<

I just want to be sure, so I don't screw up anything about it - when installing it, would it work correctly if I just copy-pasted the Override folder from the USM directory into the Override folder in the KOTOR 2 directory? And then copy-pasted the StreamVoice folder from the USM directory into the KOTOR 2 StreamVoice folder? I'm sorry, I'm terribly uneducated when it comes to mods - I just enjoy other people's work.
blahkaw98 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 07-15-2009, 10:41 PM   #560
TriggerGod

Helpful! 
As long as you don't put the USM folder into a folder inside the Override, it should be ok. You'll have to copy the files of USM's StreamVoice into your game's StreamVoice.
TriggerGod is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > USM Released!!!