lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: USM Released!!!
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-26-2006, 03:13 AM   #241
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Veteran Modder Forum Veteran Helpful! Notable contributor 
Maybe your video card doesn't like the shader.

Try this : Find the t7_nemisis01.txi, open it and change T7_chrome to chrome1 and save the file.

So it looks like this
Code:
envmaptexture chrome1

edit: btw are the Sith troopers in your game gold or silver?
T7nowhere is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-26-2006, 03:15 AM   #242
Ghost Down

Hmmm..ill try..still weird though that it isnt working, cause all the other hilts are. Also my vid probly supports it..cause im running an MSI Nvidia GeForce NX6600GT 128MB
but ill try out what u said..

- Dream Evil

EDIT: Stormies are plain 'ol chrome ..

EDIT 2: ok..i changed to chrome1..lets hope it works now..

EDIT 3: SUCCES!!! Its working..thanks T7..

Last edited by Dream Evil; 01-26-2006 at 03:26 AM.
Ghost Down is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-28-2006, 04:08 PM   #243
Darth Xana
Rookie

Hi, Im a noob. How can you edit one of the USM sabers to have a black blade?
Darth Xana is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 09:20 AM   #244
Darth Anorien
Lurker

So far I've been happy with the mod, but it's kinda weird to take saber crystals from a random thug. For example I took crystal from a Gamorrean guard in Exhange office on Telos. It's no bad, it's just weird.

How I will feel in future about mod? We'll see

"He who fights with monsters should look
to it that he himself does not become a monster.
And when you gaze long into the abyss the
abyss also gazes into you"
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by Darth Anorien; 01-30-2006 at 10:23 AM.
Darth Anorien is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 05:11 PM   #245
Shem
Master of the Force

Current Game: Variations of games
10 year veteran! Veteran Modder Notable contributor Hot Topic Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anorien
I took crystal from a Gamorrean guard in Czerka office on Telos. It's no bad, it's just weird.
It's part of the random loot. Gotta get the crystals somewhere.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Shem is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 05:19 PM   #246
redfez
Lurker

I started a new game to try out the mod. In Peragus when I first get Kreia on my team, the game crashes when I open up her inventory. Any help for the bug?
redfez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-29-2006, 06:23 PM   #247
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Current Game: Minecraft MP: PynCraft|Tekkit
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfez
I started a new game to try out the mod. In Peragus when I first get Kreia on my team, the game crashes when I open up her inventory. Any help for the bug?
Do you have any other mods running? If so, which ones...

Also, is the USM contained in any sub-folders in your override?

"Eagles May Soar, But Weasels Don't Get Sucked Into Jet Engines"

| Mods (FF) (DS) | Folding | SWK.com | FB: (LF) (Me) | Steam | The Herd |
ChAiNz.2da is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 10:23 AM   #248
Darth Anorien
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediShemL
It's part of the random loot. Gotta get the crystals somewhere.
I know that, it is just little bit weird to get so rare crystal from low ranked people.

"He who fights with monsters should look
to it that he himself does not become a monster.
And when you gaze long into the abyss the
abyss also gazes into you"
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Darth Anorien is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-30-2006, 01:28 PM   #249
redfez
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChAiNz.2da
Do you have any other mods running? If so, which ones...

Also, is the USM contained in any sub-folders in your override?
nope, only running the USM and not using any sub-folders.
redfez is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2006, 12:03 PM   #250
lightexile
Rookie

USM Cheats: Codes for the saber or crystal you want?

Hey all. I was wondering if there was a list of codes for the USM mod to get a specific saber or crystal you want from the mod? Thanks.
lightexile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2006, 12:14 PM   #251
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Not a complete list, but T7's modding notes (included with the mod) has a list with some of them.. every saber/crystal .uti in the USM starts with "usm_"

Easiest way is to use KSE to add to your inventory after you find the proper one you want:
http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php

We didn't create/include a full list because we wanted people to play it "honestly" first and give us proper feedback.. especially if there were bug reports and what-knot to report...

Old 02-05-2006, 12:25 PM   #252
lightexile
Rookie

Thanks a bunch.
lightexile is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2006, 03:16 PM   #253
Jedi General
Rookie

Something i found out about the codes in the modding notes.

Sometimes the lightsaber and/or crystal will not spawn if you use the W_lghtsbr_200 (ex) line, but will work if u use the usm_lghtsbr_200 line. and vice versa, its weird and annoying, especially after a few runs.

Also, The Alora sabers, the only colours i CAN find are green and red, are they the only colours or are there blue and purple ones aswell?
Jedi General is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-05-2006, 03:45 PM   #254
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi General
Something i found out about the codes in the modding notes.

Sometimes the lightsaber and/or crystal will not spawn if you use the W_lghtsbr_200 (ex) line, but will work if u use the usm_lghtsbr_200 line. and vice versa, its weird and annoying, especially after a few runs.

Also, The Alora sabers, the only colours i CAN find are green and red, are they the only colours or are there blue and purple ones aswell?
That's because the actual .uti fiels start with the "USM_" prefix.. the w_lghtsbr type files are the models used...

as for Alora, I believe Sep decided against all the color types and just included those 2 colors.. though I may be wrong..

Old 02-05-2006, 11:54 PM   #255
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

^^^ Yup its just those 2 colors
Old 02-10-2006, 10:45 PM   #256
Flashblade

Question

Initially I planed to wait for both the TSL Restoration Project and for the USM to finish but i couldn't wait any longer. I have to repeat myself when you released this mod and say awesome work.

You even created a random loot script that integrates your crystals into the loot of the game fantastic work (no sarcasm here)... and my problem because I hate random loot with a passion. It is something I hate in unmodded KotoR II as well because when I enter the Jedi Enclave Sublevel I don't want to find repeating blasters, "Dark" Jedi robes, Gammorean Gauntlets and the like. Simply because I expect to find things which are related to the Jedi and that is the way I want it. Further I want to be able to aquire everything that is in the game at some point. I don't want to have to play a game over and over only to eventually get the item and I don't like to cheat those with KSE into my inventory.

Random loot annoys me to no end. My character is now level 20 and carrys, 7 Segan Wyndh, 7 Rocarian and 7 Padawan crystals and quite frankly i hate this. So my question to you the devs is. How can I safely remove your random loot and place the crystals of the sabers, which are meant to be build by the player (only those) in a container.

This peace of information would be much appreciated by me.

Thanks in advance

flash

Last edited by RedHawke; 02-10-2006 at 11:27 PM.
Flashblade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2006, 11:27 PM   #257
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashblade
Random loot annoys me to no end. My character is now level 20 and carrys, 7 Segan Wyndh, 7 Rocarian and 7 Padawan crystals and quite frankly i hate this. So my question to you the devs is. How can I safely remove your random loot and place the crystals of the sabers, which are meant to be build by the player (only those) in a container.

This peace of information would be much appreciated by me.
Seperated your post into Paragraphs to make it easier to read there Flashblade.

While I'm not a part of the USM team, I can say that there is no way to remove the Random loot function and revert the game to fixed loot, that would be likely impossible as the game re-uses the placeable filenames in just about all the modules, so there is no editing utp files and placing them into override like in KotOR I. To attempt scripting every placeable in the game with fixed loot is equally unlikely. Sorry.

Now if you just want all the USM crystals placed into a container at one point in the game that is possible. But removing Random Loot isn't.

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-10-2006, 11:44 PM   #258
Flashblade

No no that is a misunderstanding. While I commented on unmodded KotoR II random loot, I never wanted to remove this random loot. I know this is not possible. But I would really wonder if it was impossible to remove USM random loot. That is what I wanted to know from the mod devs. How their random loot can be removed and how above mentioned crystals can be put into a container.

P.S. I would like to place the datapad containing the data about the break away saber somewhere else as well.
Flashblade is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-13-2006, 12:06 PM   #259
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shem
One thing I have noticed now going through it Dark Side is Vrook in the cage in the Kinrath Cave. It may just happened with me, but what happened is Vrook used the default hilt instead of his custom hilt. Did anybody else have that happen also?
I wrote this on October 10, of last year. I notice that certain dialogue choices affect what lightsaber Vrook will use.

If you tell the mercenaries that you can't let them take Vrook because you want to kill him, Vrook comes out tells you that you can confirmed everything he thought of you, attacks you, and his lightsaber changes from his USM to his default saber.

If say you're going to rescue Vrook, he comes out saying how you rush into action without thinking of the consequences. Then you can say you want to kill him and then he'll attack you with his USM saber. It's dialogue choices that determine if Vrook will use his USM or not. I tested this multiple times and got the same result each time by the choices I made.

Interested in hosting a your KOTOR or TSL mod at FileFront? Send your mod HERE and we'll validate it as soon as we can! FileFront is a good way to get publicity for your mod as we get 1000's of visitors everyday. Is my LucasForum PM box full again? If you really need to reach me, PM me at YouTube under the username: Shem L -- Watch my KOTOR videos! Download my mods from FileFront!

Old 02-17-2006, 08:42 PM   #260
Lucied
Rookie

Changing Lightsaber Colors

Hey there i just got USM and i wanted to know how i could change the lightsaber colors of some hilts i really happen to like the Jedi Masters Hilt and it doesnt have Viridian or Orange or Silver i was wondering if anybody could do this for me or tell me how

This actually isn't a mod request it is a mod alteration request and should have gone in the proper thread for the USM mod. I'm going to merge this thread to the USM Mod Release thread. -RH

Last edited by RedHawke; 02-17-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Lucied is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-17-2006, 11:39 PM   #261
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

^^^ you can use mdlops to change the blade color. the blade textures are named like this:
w_lsabreblue01
w_lsabrered01
w_lsabregren01
w_lsabreyelo01
w_lsabrepurp01
w_lsabreturq01
w_lsabregold01

all you need to do is follow the instruction in the mdlops readme on how to use the renamer fuction to rename the blades texture for the saber model.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:55 PM   #262
Shem
Master of the Force

I went through countless hours making some realisitic changes to this mod. I changed it so that the Jedi lightsabers make a Jedi on sound when they turn on. That means the Sith lightsabers make a Sith on sound when they turn on. The only trouble was the double-bladed because of its class, so it makes a sound you can hear by with Jedi and Sith. It really enhanced the game for me.

I had to change .mdl and .mdx files, the upcrystals.2da file, and many .uti files.

Old 02-23-2006, 11:59 PM   #263
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Jedi and sith lightsaber make different sounds?

Personally, I'm satisfied with the games saber sounds. It's good to see that some people will make their own changes to mods to suite thier needs.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:31 AM   #264
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by T7nowhere
Jedi and sith lightsaber make different sounds?
Yeah, it's based on the principal of how this mod works

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/18270.html

Old 02-25-2006, 06:22 PM   #265
Galefury
Lurker

I don't believe that the problem with finding only stage 1 crystals is just bad luck. Mainly because I have it, too. That's at least 3 people, which all had the exact same problem. There wasn't anyone yet who complained that he didn't find anything else than level 2 crystals for example. I have 15 padawan crystals, 12 long saber crystals and 8 rocarian crystals. The only other USM crystals I have are the fixed ones: personal sabers of party members, darth bandon's, the czerka prototype saber. When I killed a Jedi master to test if they have their sabers it worked, but I'm actually playing LS atm, so I reloaded.

If you calculate the chance for me getting only stage 1 sabers you will notice that it is extremely low, way too low actually to happen (using 55% chance to get a stage 1 crystal the chance to get 35 stage 1 crystals is 0,000000081%). And it happened to at least 3 people. So either this is some really weird glitch or a conflict with other mods. I'm using:

Major: USM (+ updates 1, 2, 4 and 5), Force Powers 2.1, Achilles' game balance, Arena v3
Minor: Handmaiden for female PCs (+ USM fix), NewFemPC_2.6 (2 new female heads), Remote Influence

Also I'm using the mask remover mod, but it has only model changes so there shouldn't be any conflicts.

My PC is a level 28 female LS Consular/Jedi Master (high level due to game balance mod). I finished Nar Shaddaa and Dantooine, in that order.

Otherwise I love your mod, at least the parts I have seen so far. My favourite hilt so far is probably Brianna's Balance (aqua) and maybe Kreia's. I especially like the way you incorporated the Padawan training into the game. It was obvious that you added the lightsaber building, but as I had never before played as a Jedi Master I thought for quite a while that the training stuff was actually a part of the original game only accessible as Jedi Master. Great work.

Last edited by Galefury; 02-26-2006 at 03:33 AM.
Galefury is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-25-2006, 06:26 PM   #266
General Kenobi
Guardian of The Force

One of the very nice original makers of USM hit me up a few months ago sorta regarding what your talking about. The "odds" of getting the USM crystals and what I thought of it since I'd played through a TON of times. I suggested several saber category "alterations" since I'd never ran across some. I feel out of touch so I'm not sure if one of the updates altered the chances of finding certain crystals. I just give myself the ones I want but it would be sweet to find the upper level ones more often.

General Kenobi

MY SITE: Okinawa Outpost
Gilliam Forums
Ikanaru hito demo sonke suru koto
Yakusoku o yaburanai koto
Hito o on****su shinai koto
Hito ni tai****e omoiyari o motsu koto
General Kenobi is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2006, 08:49 AM   #267
Galefury
Lurker

I suddenly started finding better crystals in the Korriban Shyrack Cave. I found them in the crystal formations and also one in a container.

I guess this is either because of the darkside random item script, or because my problem was really just bad luck.
Galefury is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2006, 06:06 PM   #268
Sordes
Lurker

Thumbs up Can't seem to get it to work...

Well first off I want to say great job to everyone who worked on this mod it looks really well done and I can't wait for it to acctually work for me ^_^

So my question is, do you just install everything normally into the override folder? Because I have done this but the mod did not activate. I also have the Update 1, 2 and 4.

I'm not sure if I need #4 though, I couldn't figure out if it was optional or a fix.

Anyways, great job and any help would be apreciated.
Sordes is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-26-2006, 06:50 PM   #269
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

#4 is a "fix" if you have other particular mod(s) installed... but I'd suggest getting it anyways since it fixes a typo (my fault)...
Quote:
To People using USM & Darkkender's Color Mods,
and Shadow's Saber Mods and the Odyssey Saber
As for installation, yes.. you drop the files in the "Override" into the game's override folder... and the files in the "StreamVoice" in your game's streamvoice folder. Be aware that the streamvoice folder is divided into sub-folders.. so be sure you're putting the files in their correct spots. Following T7's installation advice is alot easier than having to manually search them out. Just drop the folder (StreamVoice) in the .rar file in to your game's main folder. It'll ask you to "overwrite" but it doesn't really overwrite (replace) anything Just click OK.

Patches should be installed after the initial USM installation

Also, out of curiosity, how is the USM not "activating"? If it's because Kreia doesn't have her saber... you'll need to start a new game (or a savegame before she joins your party)... otherwise, you'll have to cheat it into the game.

Last edited by ChAiNz.2da; 02-26-2006 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:00 PM   #270
Sordes
Lurker

Hmm, well looks like I may be doing something wrong with the .rar file, is there someway I am supposed to open it up?? I wasn't aware of that..

And as for it not activating, I mean that I have gone through Telos and am finishing up Nar Shadaa and I have not gotten any USM loot, nor am I able to make the sabers for Atton, Bao-dur, Visas or Kreia.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:04 PM   #271
ChAiNz.2da
Brony 4 Life. Yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordes
Hmm, well looks like I may be doing something wrong with the .rar file, is there someway I am supposed to open it up?? I wasn't aware of that..
Ahh.. that explains it. That's why it doesn't seem to be activated

You'll need a program like WinRar or 7-zip in order to extract the files within the .rar archive.

Old 02-26-2006, 07:10 PM   #272
Sordes
Lurker

Heh, well silly me. Sorry to have such a easy fix, I'm sure it would have been much more worthwhile for you if I had a real problem =)

Oh and thanks ^_^
Old 02-26-2006, 07:50 PM   #273
Jedi General
Rookie

Wouldnt suppose there would be any hope of getting the spawn codes to - cut crystals, because i like those sabers.

And can NEVER find them in the grand scheme of USM, just the numbers for the blue sabers of each type of (letter) - cut crystal would be much apprieciated
Old 02-26-2006, 08:28 PM   #274
Osuirof
Rookie

This will probably help:

Post #250 (on default settings 10th from the top) here, and answer just below.

Top 25 Lines in Star Wars that Can Be Improved by Substituting the word "Pants"

6. I find your lack of pants disturbing.
Osuirof is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 02-27-2006, 12:39 PM   #275
Jedi General
Rookie

1, i have seen that and they dont hold the numbers for the (type) - cut crystals thats why i asked...
Old 02-27-2006, 12:55 PM   #276
Darth333
Administraterror

The codes correspond to the names of the .uti files. You can also use KSE to add them to your inventory: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php
Darth333 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-12-2006, 02:52 PM   #277
Swinneh
Lurker

Hi there, i tried out the USM and thought it was pretty good, it added more content and a bit more storyline to TSL (like people have their own lightsabers, and you can pick them up) but the one thing i didnt like was that vrooks lightsaber changed from green to blue, and also that kavars lightsabers were blue and yellow, not blue and blue. Is there anyway i can change this? i also want their lightsabers to be in the game, just a different colour.

If not then can i just deleate them from my overide and have their original lightsabers?

Many thanks
Swinneh is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2006, 01:51 PM   #278
DarthAragorn
Lurker

This mod is so awesome, I love it. The only bad thing is that you can't use viridian and aqua and I think orange on most if not all of the lightsabers.

Also, if you will make an expansion pack or an update containing more lightsabers (please?) , I suggest using this site, http://www.thelightsaber.com/IndexFolder/index2.htm

Sorry if this was the wrong place to ask for it, but I didn't feel like making two separate posts.
DarthAragorn is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 03-13-2006, 03:46 PM   #279
T7nowhere
Did you reset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swinneh
Hi there, i tried out the USM and thought it was pretty good, it added more content and a bit more storyline to TSL (like people have their own lightsabers, and you can pick them up) but the one thing i didnt like was that vrooks lightsaber changed from green to blue, and also that kavars lightsabers were blue and yellow, not blue and blue. Is there anyway i can change this? i also want their lightsabers to be in the game, just a different colour.

If not then can i just deleate them from my overide and have their original lightsabers?

Many thanks
You might want to reinstall the mod Kavar should have 2 blue Lightsabers. Vrook's Lightsaber changing to a blue one was a decision made by Seprithro. I personally don't see a problem with it, but if you want it to be green you can change the blade color yourself with MDLOps.

@DarthAragorn, There are no plans of expanding the mod with more lightsabers. We pretty much filled all available space anyway. As for the other blade colors you mentioned you could always use MDLOps to change the blade color of one of the sabers you like to use alot.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:25 PM   #280
Shem
Master of the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by T7nowhere
You might want to reinstall the mod Kavar should have 2 blue Lightsabers.
Really? Kavar originally had a blue and a orange with my installation. Of course I changed so it was a blue and a green like a traditional Jedi.

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Knights of the Old Republic > Editing / Modding > Taris Upper City Emporium > USM Released!!!