lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Postlude to Holocaust VI: Strangers - Part 2
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 11-14-2005, 03:21 PM   #241
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
*Sir-vin thinks for a moment*

Sir-Vin "I don't know. The responsibility would come rather quickly. And not only that, I'm usualy not on the Aesir's 'best peoples' list. That's a rather heavily detailed story to explain that one. But I casted my votes, one for Guy and the other for Orthos."

*Stops to scratch a bit of his facal hair, nodding his head.*

Sir-vin *nodding* "Yeah. I wouldn't be used to being a leader, I won't lie about that. But if I weren't I'd do the best that I could to either pick it up quickly, especally in a time where we need leadership. Or I could learn from the examples from the other two leaders."

Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-20-2005, 03:44 PM   #242
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Hal sighed.* Shall we go up to the keep? Regnor can collect a few more Warlords, we need to talk privately, I think.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-20-2005, 05:35 PM   #243
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Gabrien: Yes....of course.

*He began following Hal to the keep*

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-20-2005, 06:43 PM   #244
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Hot Topic Starter Roleplayer 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwing
Shadow Base

((OH WAIT I'M WAITING FOR DEAC ))
Right, after a long hiatus I'm coming back.[ I have to say, I thought most of you were dead/incapacitated and that caused me to lose hope for a while. Forgive me.]
-------------------------------

Shadow Base

Ellela: And how do we know you aren't out to stop us? You yourself claim you're planning to steal our powers from us? Telling you what we plan to do could give "Your benefactors" the perfect means to stop us.
-------------------------------

Asgardried, Lounge

*Orthos enters, wearing his training robes*

Orthos: I've been thinking about this "election". So...where do I vote?

Deac: Purveyor of Fine Quality Postage Since 2001
Deac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-20-2005, 06:51 PM   #245
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt: Besides, are you really willing to gamble the fate of the universe over a name?

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

Old 11-20-2005, 09:45 PM   #246
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Asgardried Lounge

Asgardried: Your telling me after all this time you don't realize I'm everywhere hence you can vote anywhere...Although I would bet say Sir Vin's lightsaber that you will be getting a vist from Marin here shortly about this.

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

Official Forum Expert on Norse Mythology
As Odin says in the Hovamal:
"Praise no day 'til evening; no wife 'til on her pyre; no sword 'til tested;
no maid 'til bedded; no ice 'til crossed;
no ale 'til drunk."
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2005, 07:16 PM   #247
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Shadow base

Aren: To me, it seems like it doesn’t matter what you’re planning to do, because either you’re fools or you’ve been fooled, which usually produces the same result. A story including fighting “Loki” and a “time machine” doesn’t sound like reality. Give me proof, anything I can verify, that lets me know you didn’t steal the magic that I’ve been hired to get from you, and I’ll let you go.

Aidan: This is ridiculous! *looking at Ellela, Orthos and Matt* Just don’t speak to her. At all. You won’t be any less safe, since she’s never gonna let us go.

----------

Sir-vin's Quarters

Marin: Well, okay. Even if you don’t know what you would do as a leader… what would you want to see in another leader? How would you want them to act? What do you think is needed?

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-21-2005, 07:22 PM   #248
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Matt *angrily*: Listen lady, you say you find a 'time machine' unbelievable, but magic is normal? How the hell are we supposed to prove that we didn't steal it when we didn't even know we had it!

Old 11-22-2005, 01:15 PM   #249
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Sir-Vin *said with out hasitation* "Confidence."

Old 11-22-2005, 01:31 PM   #250
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
"Confidence?" Tanara wondered. "Do you mean the leader has confidence in him or herself or in those around him or her? Or both?"

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-22-2005, 08:30 PM   #251
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Sir-Vin "Confidence in alot of things. Not just himself and those whom are around him, but his judgements that won't jepordise the lives and the well-being of those such people. True, sometimes a leader has to make a decision that can and will upset those whom are in this group, and again harm the well-being. So in ways it is a good thing and a bad thing, but generally one doesn't need to look like he can't handle the 'task' at hand."

Old 11-25-2005, 12:08 AM   #252
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Shadow Base

Aren: If you didn't even know you had the magic in you, why do you mind that I could take it?

*A loud rumble sounds in the distance. Aren looks off in that direction with a question on her face. She picks up her communicator, turning it back on*

----------

Sir-vin's Quarters

Marin: But couldn't you end up with a leader who was extremely confident but always ended up making terrible decisions?

Old 11-25-2005, 12:20 AM   #253
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Asgardried: Sir Vin's quarters

Asgardried: Of course not, why I can tell you of this leader who's confidence won him, well not really him, so lets just say won a great victory when he attacked a supply base...of course it was his supply base that he attacked...oh and another tale about a red head jedi...

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 11-25-2005, 10:13 AM   #254
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
"If someone suddenly discovered I had an extra body part in me, I wouldn't want them to take that either."

Old 11-25-2005, 01:22 PM   #255
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tanara listened silently to the Asgardried's words and then looked at Sir-Vin.

"The reference is to you, isn't it?" she said quietly. "Is that why you don't want to be a leader? Because you feel you've failed before?"

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 11-25-2005, 01:42 PM   #256
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Sir-vin *chuckled at Asgardried's remark* "I don't ever recall that happening to me. But yes, over-confidence can lead to failure. Alot of times before you came, I felt over-zealous, thinking I could do what I can by diving right into a fight, only to be put down, sometimes embarrassingly. You could say that it wouldn't be just that I came to my senses and desided that I shouldn't accept such situation, but I don't think that I could be trusted from those whom been with this group since the beginning."

Old 11-25-2005, 06:16 PM   #257
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Do you mean you don't think you can be trusted or you don't think the others trust you?" Elaina wondered.

My work in progress:

Old 11-25-2005, 08:16 PM   #258
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

*Sir-vin let's out a sigh, and lowers his head.*

Sir-Vin "Truth is, is that it's more less both ways. I feel that if there is anything I should do is, is that to allow myself to prove my worth while having to prove it to the others at the same time. It's not nessessarily about trust, its about the ability to keep myself incontrol of a situation with out having to be over-zealous, cocky, or anything that'll end up with someone else in this rag-tag group killed. I don't think that anyone would want to have me lead them into a battle, for those such set things, until I find myself more,... Grown up..."

Old 11-26-2005, 04:07 PM   #259
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"Admitting you need to grow up is a good first step in doing so," Tanara said quietly.

My work in progress:

Old 11-27-2005, 05:25 AM   #260
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((Sorry, absent until at least Thursday.))

Old 11-28-2005, 02:27 PM   #261
Deac
Now in 4-D!

*Orthos goes over into a corner*

Orthos: Well then...I'd like to vote for Guy...and Raschel.
--------------------------

Elella: Sounds like trouble...

Old 12-07-2005, 09:33 PM   #262
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*When Gabrien and Hal reach the keep a servant shows them to the rooms prepared for Hal, while another helps him remove his armour and coat, then serves them watered ale. The two men sit by the fireside in Hal's hastily prepared sitting room, after the servant leaves Hal tells Gabrien the story of how he met his brother up to the point where he was abducted. When he has finished he sits back in his chair and sips his ale.*

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:38 PM   #263
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((Sorry guys. Finals. Back in a week and a half.

Yeah, yeah, I know. But after this I'll have a lot more free time to post ))

Old 12-22-2005, 05:10 AM   #264
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((Back.))

Marin: *quietly* We should go find the others.

Old 12-22-2005, 06:34 PM   #265
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Gabrien sat quietly, at the end his face showed shock, happiness, and worry.

Gabrien: Will these.....things that took him harm him?

Old 12-23-2005, 06:32 PM   #266
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
*Hal could only shrug.*

Hal: I'm sorry, I have no answers for you. I know that this is not good news but I will not lie and you had a right to know. I do not believe they will kill him, I think your brother is more entwined in the prophecies than our enemies or the Aesir realize.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 12-24-2005, 01:31 PM   #267
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Gabrien: Would you say he is in good hands with the others? That they can protect him?

Old 12-25-2005, 01:27 PM   #268
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Hal: If the others try to rescue him they will succeed. As I said, your brother is now tied with the prophecies, in a way we are not. You see, Taris is one of the tests they will face.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 12-26-2005, 03:10 PM   #269
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
Gabrien: So they'll be coming here. Good. What can you tell me about these prophecies?

Old 12-26-2005, 03:38 PM   #270
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
((Hold on. How can Hal possible know that the group will eventually be going to Taris? Only the quest makers know this (so it would be impossible for even the ghost of Flax to tell his son that tid bit). Remember the group is only informed of new quest locations via the map, and furthermore this is done on the time table of the makers. Consequently Hal cannot know that the group will eventually be going to Taris.))

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 12-26-2005, 07:33 PM   #271
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((Okay, so Scar won't be able to reply for an unknown bit due to iffy Internet access. [Although I DO have his phone number.] We are to assume his character is just operating on autopilot. And Sir-vin is going to tag along with Marin, Tanara and Elaina from a distance. [Scar didn't mention whether Irvine chose to question the three of them in return, but he can clarify that later, and read back to their previous answers to each other. ]))

Jump Cut

Asgardried, Lounge

*Marin passes through, with Tanara and Elaina, and notices Orthos*

Marin: Orthos! Do you have a moment?

*Sir-vin enters the lounge after them and hovers quietly within listening distance*

Old 12-27-2005, 11:36 AM   #272
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
((Admiral: Don't worry, I'm just about to explain, you know how I love dramatics.))

Hal: There are two sets of prophecies at work here:

The Aesir believe that the untimely death of their King, Odin, will bring about the release of the Grey Wolf and ultimately the end of the world. So when Odin died the Aesir destroyed the most populous 80% of the galaxey in a belief that they were spareing the inhabitants. They then formed a quest which has since brought about the release of the Grey Wolf and the final destruction of the Aesir. In short the quest appears to be self perpetuating, chasing its own shadow, eventually it will lead to the reversal of our current timeline.

Our prophecies are somewhat different, and very archaic. You know of course of Ragnorak, the doom of the gods. Well in the pure form we are told that we will gather with the other races in the shield wall and face the hordes of darkness together. However there is another version, which talks of a fragmented final battle, pockets of resistance picked off one by one. In this version the Harbringers of doom are a group of questors who:

"Set alight the pyes of the worlds
one by one, to burn
until the course of the sun is halted,
and evening comes before the dawn."

It looses some of the poetry in translation but the prophecy tells us that our final testing ground will be here, that the questors will come here, and that here they will destroy us.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 12-28-2005, 07:16 PM   #273
Deac
Now in 4-D!

*Orthos turns as Marin speaks to him*

Orthos: Sure thing. What's on your mind?

Old 12-29-2005, 05:59 AM   #274
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Asgardried, Lounge

Marin: I had a few questions for you... about choosing a leader. You are on the potential list... like most of us. Orthos, what would you do if you were chosen leader?

*Raschel is walking towards the five, and catches Marin's question*

Old 01-01-2006, 06:45 PM   #275
Deac
Now in 4-D!

*Orthos thinks*

Orthos: Well, in all honesty, I'd try to find out what happened to my brother and cousin. Something, or someone, has grabbed members of our group, and if you ask me they're probably trying to stop us. Otherwise, we generally keep on with the quest and try to fix this mess.

Old 01-01-2006, 07:04 PM   #276
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Marin: Sounds plain enough. My next question, then... Say someone else was chosen leader. What qualities or abilities would you hope they had?

Old 01-01-2006, 07:10 PM   #277
Deac
Now in 4-D!

*Orthos thinks again*

Orthos: Well, I hope they'd be able to try to listen to everyone's opinion and get it through to the Aesir...and be able to get along well enough with the group, Aesir especially to do that...I think a fair few of the group could do that

Old 01-01-2006, 07:14 PM   #278
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Marin: I have one more question, then. Have you, yourself, ever been a leader? How did that go, if you were?

Old 01-01-2006, 07:18 PM   #279
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Orthos: I used to be a flight leader in an X-Wing squadron. I remained the leader until I left the Fleet after the war had all but ended. I won't lie and say I was the best leader, I've lost good people under my command.

Old 01-01-2006, 07:21 PM   #280
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Marin: *frowns* If you don't believe you were the best leader, then... what would you do differently now?

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RogueSquadron.net > 1. Community > RSRP > Postlude to Holocaust VI: Strangers - Part 2