lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Postlude to Holocaust VI: Strangers - Part 2
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 01-01-2006, 07:55 PM   #281
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Hot Topic Starter Roleplayer 
Orthos: I don't know. Most of those things I can't change, it all resolves around combat decisions, which fighter to target, stuff like that. Maybe it'd be different not in a war situation, where the good of an entire squadron was insignifcant to the whole war effort. I don't know. Now is this Q and A over?

Deac: Purveyor of Fine Quality Postage Since 2001
Deac is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2006, 07:57 PM   #282
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

10 year veteran! LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Marin: *laughs* Yes, it is. Do you have anything to ask me or any of the rest of us, in return?

Redwing is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2006, 07:58 PM   #283
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Orthos: Not really. I trust you'd all do what you thought was right for the group if you were made a leader. I can't ask any more than that. Way I see it, you either lead well, follow well, or get the hell out of everyone else's way. I think everyone's comfortable with doing the first two of those.

Old 01-01-2006, 08:16 PM   #284
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Current Game: TrackMania Nations
Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
"But if someone, truly believing themselves to be doing right was clearly in the wrong, you would not still follow, would you?" Tanara wondered.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:
Hidden Histories: The Galaxy Hacker

Have a read, give a review, yah?
Writer is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-01-2006, 08:22 PM   #285
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

[edit: eep, WJ replied while I was typing this... rewording now..]

*Before Tanara speaks up*

Marin: *looking past Orthos to where Raschel is listening in* So what about you, Raschel? Same questions.

Raschel: What would I do if I were chosen leader? I would be at a disadvantage. This isn't the world I grew up in. There is so much I don't understand, things that most of you grew up with. I don't know how well I could lead. But I would never shirk the responsibility. If someone else was chosen, I would hope they thought the same. But I don't think it matters who we choose. We need to unite, and this is one way of forcing it. Why? Because if we don't, all we'll do in the end is fight with each other and accomplish nothing. We all have to do the work to accomplish that, not just one or two of us that the others pick.

*to Tanara* That's why there's going to be three leaders, right?

Old 01-01-2006, 08:25 PM   #286
Writer
Not switching to DTV

"So hope the majority has the right idea?" Tanara pressed.

Mom tells me I need brain food... but if writing ain't that, I don't know what is!

My work in progress:

Old 01-01-2006, 08:45 PM   #287
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((Since Deac has gone to sleep, and I want to finish this scene, I am going to assume that Orthos just took a little while thinking about the answer to the question, so Raschel answered. If Deac does not approve, he can reply with Orthos' answer and I can edit. ^_^))

Raschel: If the majority is wrong, then our mission suffers. If the majority is wrong or right and we clash rather than accomplish anything, our mission suffers. If the majority is right, then our mission does not suffer. Perhaps you disagree, and perhaps you're right, but I was once a soldier, and I will always be that soldier in some way. *She looks at Orthos* And Orthos was a soldier once too.

----------

Asgardried Cargo Bay

*Guy runs his fingers over scans, cords connecting his blind eyes to ship readouts*

Guy: There. There!

K'Warra: *from the back of the ship* So you've got it too?

Guy: Yes.

K'Warra: Someone else found them first.

Guy: Yes.

K'Warra: Mucrae. Blades. Hunting the shadow casters. *He pauses* Your friends will all die.

Guy: *presses comm* Asgardried. We've found the others.

Old 01-01-2006, 11:37 PM   #288
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Asgardried Lounge

Asgardried: Wonderful, everyone knows how people feel about leading. Now if you could all vote so I can go back to spending my time planning out ways to embrass my masters I would appreciate it.
-------------------------

Asgardried Cargo Hold

Asgardried: Great I know where the others are to, some of them are in the lounge, others are on the upper deck, a few more are being held in a nice cosy resort by kidnappers and yet others are in my cargo hold. Care to specify who and where these others are?

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

Official Forum Expert on Norse Mythology
As Odin says in the Hovamal:
"Praise no day 'til evening; no wife 'til on her pyre; no sword 'til tested;
no maid 'til bedded; no ice 'til crossed;
no ale 'til drunk."
Admiral is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2006, 03:45 AM   #289
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Asgardried Cargo Bay, Guy's Ship

Guy: Transmitting coordinates, and I'm sure you know who I am talking about, Asgardried. *Guy presses a few buttons*

K'Warra: I think I like their ship.

Guy: Put me through to Heimdall. I need to explain the situation.

----------

Shadow Base

*Aren listens to her comlink*

Aren: We're under attack. You'll have to excuse me.

*She lowers the hovering platform back into the vast guts of the base, landing it near the area where the captives had first been brought in. Machinery and ships and robots surround them. Workers are running to and fro wildly. People are swarming to ships, taking off and leaving. The base shakes with the sound of distant explosions.

Two hunched creatures of humanoid form but moving eerily like extremely fast spiders appear on top of a ship, swinging bright, glowing blades. They are both entirely covered, every inch, in a black, armored bodysuits. Glowing infinity symbols decorate the tops of their hands. Their only details on their faces amount to the axe-blade symbol around the glowing slashes where their eyes apparently were.

The Blades leap from ship to ship, slicing their way through bodies, viciously slaughtering anything moving. People are cut down screaming as they run*

Aren: Hounds!

*One of the humanoids leaps at Aren, as the second moves away, killing fleeing figures. Aren stands perfectly still. At the very last moment, as the Hound's sword slashes towards her neck, she whips her blaster out of nowhere and fires in the Hound's face as it descends on her. Simultaneously, she blocks its blade with her staff and kicks it away with her boot. The blast leaves no mark on the face of the Hound's suit, but it doesn't move once its body stops rolling*

Aren: Change of plans.

*She tosses a canister on the ground. The weapons taken from Orthos, Ellela and Matt are inside. She then presses several buttons on her armband. A shimmering field surrounds the moving platform and the captives' bonds fall away*

Aren: If you want to die... feel free to try and run away.

*The platform begins once again rising*

Last edited by Redwing; 01-02-2006 at 05:15 AM.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:23 PM   #290
Deac
Now in 4-D!

OOC: Forgive me for being 8 hours ahead of you, Red. Wanting to sleep at 1:30 AM is natural in the UK

Shadow Base

*Gortick grabs his lightsaber*

Gortick: Do you think that supression field's down?

Old 01-02-2006, 03:39 PM   #291
Writer
Not switching to DTV

((Sleep? What is this sleep you speak of? but seriously, Deac, I know people who don't start thinking of sleep until 2 and don't actually get there till 4... 'course, they are a little on the crazy side ))

My work in progress:

Old 01-02-2006, 04:33 PM   #292
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Matt grabbed his saber*

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2006, 06:52 PM   #293
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
((Sleep was first invented by the early Germanic Tribes circa 1,000 BC, while the practice did not imidiately take off, by circa 750BC Greek writers tell us that even the Egyptians had adopted this "barbarian" custom. Since then sleep has gained world wide exceptance and remains popular to this day. However, with the prevelance of Coffee sleep has experienced a slight slump in popularity in the last hundred years, especially in America and in governments across the world. It is widely believed that poor decisions made by politicians are infact a result of a lack of indulgence in this ancient honoured passtime.))

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
BattleDog is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2006, 08:19 PM   #294
jokemaster
The master of jokes

Roleplayer 
*Gabrien nodded, taking the somber news.*
Gabrien: How accurate are these prophecies.

Vader's wife was very pregnant when she died 19 years ago. All of a sudden a 19 year old who is very strong in the force and has a distinct resembalance to him in his younger days rolls in from Vader's home planet with his old Master Obi-Wan (Who was the ONLY other person preset at the time his wife died. And to boot, the kid's last name is Skywalker.

So in answer to your question, he knew Luke was his son because his name is Darth Vader, and not Darth Retard.

-Forum post on why Vader knew Luke was his son.
jokemaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #295
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Shadow Base

Aren: This base is being systemically demolished. Yes, they are down. Count yourselves lucky that life support systems are still running.

*The platform rises to a landing set in one of the walls of the base and embedds itself there. The field disappears from around it.*

Aren: My ship is through those doors.

Aidan: You expect us to trust you just like that?

*A hole explodes in the center of the landing as the group approaches. Above them are several small, bike-sized, open crafts. Riding them, two to a craft, are familiar figures - the kidnappers. On one bike are the gray-armored man and the lizard-man, on another are the elf wizard and the man in white, on the third are the ork twins, and the fourth carries the blue-armored woman and a thinly built gargoyle that hadn't been present before.*

Blue-armored woman: Mrs. Aren. I could be mistaken, but it appears that you are trying to run off what is rightfully ours.

Aren: Are you insane? This base is compromised! Besides, your contract...

Blue-armored woman: I suppose I ought to have explained earlier, Mrs. Aren. I am one of the primary signers of the contract for these captives. I joined the mercenary group hired to take them in, regrettably neglecting to inform you. It appears I was remarkably prescient. Well, you know the saying... if you want something done right... *She waves to the others* Take them, kill her.

*The bikes open fire as their occupants leap off*

Old 01-02-2006, 11:58 PM   #296
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Asgardried Cargo Bay

Asgardried: No, you didn't say please. I will not do as you ask until you learn some manners.

-----------------------------

**While Marin was playing investigative reporter and quizing the group members, the Aesir were in the forward observatory, if you remember earlier they were dressed in their shiney cerimonial armor looking very pretty (never say I don't make fun of my own characters)**

Asgardried: Foward Observatory

*Heimdall approached the forward obsevatory pulling on his guantlets, right before entering he hears a cough and turns to see Idona striding towards him. She like the other Aesir is wearing her cerimonial armor, the red and gold glinting under the lights of the ship, her hair is in a traditional marriage braid*

Idona: Have you forgotten our customs so soon?

Heimdall: No one told me...

Idona: I see, being dense again, I'll fix that soon enough.

*Idona walks up to Heimdall and quickly adjusts her sword belt before taking his hand*

Idona: Now we go in together and...

Heimdall: I remember well enough.

Idona: Fine, shall we.

*Heimdall and Idona enter the forward Observatory, Vidar is standing at the far end facing the door as they entered. On either side were the other Aesir, all smiling at the couple. When Idona and Heimdall reach Vidar they turn and face each other. Vidar says a few words, before Idona and Heimdall recite traditional vows. Vidar then takes out a simple dagger that has runes running the lenght of the blade and hands it to Heimdall who takes the blade and cuts his hand, after that he gives the dagger to Idona who also cuts her hand and gives the dagger back to Vidar who gently cleans it with a cloth.

Idona and Heimdall then press the cut hands together, The family crest on Idona's armor changes into Heimdall's with the original crest being shurken and incorporated into it. Their hands fall away with no sign of the cuts, they married and bonded until death. Before they could do anything else the Asgardried dropped out of hyperspace, reorientated itself and engaged the slipstream drive.*

Vidar: Asgardried, what are you doing?

Asgardried: You said make a few random jumps so I'm making random jumps.

Vidar: We said random hyperspace jumps..

Asgardried: Details...details.
-------------------------------------
Asgardried: Lounge

Asgardried: I have a secret that the Aesir don't want you to know about. I'm willing to tell you all if you ask nicely.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-03-2006, 12:06 AM   #297
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Guy: Please, then. *after a moment* You're changing course already?

Old 01-03-2006, 12:09 AM   #298
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Asgardried

Asgardried: No, I decided to fly backwards instead.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-03-2006, 12:25 AM   #299
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Guy: Are you going to put me through to the Aesir, or not...

Old 01-03-2006, 12:26 AM   #300
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Asgardried Cargo bay

Asgardried: Manners, manners. If you ask me nicely as in. Will you kindly ship put me through to the Aesir. I will. Lose your temper and I won't until you learn to behave.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-03-2006, 12:57 AM   #301
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Guy: Will you kindly ship put me through to the Aesir, please.

----------

Shadow Base

*The thin gargoyle stretches out his hand and a translucent wave ripples through the air. The ripple hits Ellela and Orthos, knocking them into Matt. Aidan is caught in the wave as well, but rides it backwards, spreading his wings and staying upright. He blasts lightning at the attackers, but their shields absorb it. Aren rolls out of the way. She blocks the blasts from the bikes with her staff and brings one of the bikes down by deflecting blasts back at it. She runs towards her ship, which rises off the ground and opens.

The blue-armored woman stays on her bike and aims it at Aidan. Aidan sends more lightning at her, but it glances off harmlessly. She fires at him point-blank as she approaches on the bike, and Aidan is thrown backwards, stunned.

He struggles to his feet, and the thin gargoyle leaps on him. The two roll over several times, and the thin gargoyle clubs Aidan on the head. Aidan slumps.

Suddenly, the thin gargoyle's throat opens up in a splash of red as a black shape streaks through the air, circles around, whips through the lizard-man's chest and returns in the direction it came from as the two victims fall*

Man in White: *looking up* Blades!

*Above the fray, an open hovercraft, shaped like a small platform with a central terminal rising in the center of the front, descends. Standing on the craft is a thin man in black armor with yellow decorations. He wears an axe symbol over his glowing eyes. A plume of fire burns on the man's head in place of hair, and streaks of flame replace his eyebrows. In his left hand he holds a small throwing weapon shaped like an axe blade. He carries two swords on his back and wears a steely, frightening grin.*

Aren: *whispers* Shane.

*The remaining bike switches targets and fires on the Blade. Shane holds out his right hand and waves the bolts away. His own craft sends two green bolts lancing at the bike, which promptly explodes.

The kidnappers back away. The man in white disappears over the side of the platform. The gray-armored man plants himself firmly on the ground and raises his halberd. The ork twins raise their weapons and flank him. The elf wizard raises her wand protectively. Aren backs towards her ship.*

Shane: *shouting* The Lady Robyn!

*Shane leaps off his craft and lands easily on the landing platform, despite the separating distance of over fifty feet*

Shane: Yes... I have come for you, Lady Robyn, rogue Blade. The customary two Executioners hunt you, of course, but there is no honor in your capture or death by the hands of the Council's tools. *He reaches behind him and draws his swords from their scabbards.* However... *The twin swords ignite in flame* ...your death holds great honor for me.

*He raises the swords* Shall I present the writ of detainment, or... shall we just skip the formalities?

Last edited by Redwing; 01-03-2006 at 01:55 AM.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:29 PM   #302
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Shadow base

Elella: Hey! *Pulls lightsaber toward self* We can use the force again.

Gortick: About time. *Begins looking focused as the ground begins to shake*

Old 01-03-2006, 05:45 PM   #303
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
Shadow Base

*Suddenly a disembodied voice speeks, heard only be the Jedi.*

Flax: Be wary! none here are what they seem. Look for a third way, let the Force guide you.... And for the gods' sakes, keep your blade up Matt, you can't deflect a peble with it pointing straight out!

Taris, Caer Sara.

*Hal shrugs helplessly.*

Hal: How can we know, until they come to pass. We can only have faith, I have faith. If you feel up to it I would like to discuss our enemy in the woods.

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-04-2006, 01:51 AM   #304
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

(("none here are what they seem" - clearly Flax is a genius))

Shadow Base

*Shane stands waiting for Aren's answer, unaffected by the ground shaking. Aren stands with her staff held in a defensive position*

Shane: You aren't really planning on fighting me like that?

*The four remaining kidnappers, minus the blue-armored woman who hovers in the background on her bike under a shield, seem to pass unheard communication amongst themselves. The elf wizard suddenly strikes her wand to the floor, shouts something incomprehensible, and light billows from her wand to surround herself and the three others.*

Shane: Oh, why look at this. They intend to attack me first.

*The elf points her wand at Shane. A streak of light an odd shade of puce fires from her wand at him, and quick as thought, he raises one sword to intercept it. The stream of light flies off to the left. Shane crouches and catapults up through the air, landing in the very center of the group of four.

He swings the blade in his left arm at the sword arm of the nearest ork twin. A splash of light erupts as the blade connects with her elbow; the weapon doesn't pierce. Simultaneously, his right sword smashes the armored fingers of the second ork twin, again with a splash of light.

The first ork drops her sword, her elbow reversed in direction, arm dangling uselessly. The second ork drops the morningstar she was holding two-handed, the fingers of her hands broken.

The tank-armored man swings his halberd. Shane leaps out of the way, throwing the sword in his right hand directly at the tank-man's head. The sword rebounds in a splash of light, and the tank-man's head is thrown back.

Shane leaps over the elf wizard's head, lands in front of her and blasts fire into her face. She screams and drops her wand, hands clutching at her eyes.

Shane extends his hand and the first ork's sword leaps into it, surrounded by the same rippling light that the four kidnappers are shrouded in. With another motion he thrusts the sword through her owner's throat.

Second ork twin: *screaming as her sister falls* KIRIIIIIIII!

*The tank-man swipes his halberd again. Shane leaps over it, then leaps again, calling his dropped sword back into his right hand, landing in front of the tank-man and stabbing both swords point first into his glowing eyeslits. The man stumbles forward, eyes leaking glowing light, blinded.

Mere seconds have passed. Aren is backing towards her ship, which has unfolded itself into an open position. She is dialing commands on her armband with one hand, holding her staff with another*

Last edited by Redwing; 01-04-2006 at 02:06 AM.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:55 PM   #305
BattleDog
Terrible in War

Roleplayer 
((Laugh all you want, if I'd said: "Hay guys, that Shane chap is a wee bit psychotic" You would have red flagged me. Oh, and I'll have you know that Flax has a First Class degree in Saving the Galaxey, with Honours.))

Fly Fast,
Shoot Straight,
Live Long!
Old 01-05-2006, 12:51 AM   #306
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Asgardried: Cargo Hold

*Heimdall voice just came over the comm*

Heimdall: What should we expect when we drop in at this base holding other group members?

------------------------------------

*Vidar's voice over the com*

Vidar: Guy has located our kidnapped compatriots and we are now enroute to rescue them. Please prepare yourselves for combat.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-05-2006, 04:36 AM   #307
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

((And why would we have red flagged you?

edit: ****ing twins, what is wrong with me? ))

Shadow Base

*Aren doubles over as if in pain, clutching herself.

She raises her head. Her facial features are changing, the bone structure rearranging itself...

She tosses a small, black, blocky device through the air towards Gortick, Ellela and Matt*

Aren: Take this! My ship... the code is "Leisha"...

*She doubles over again. Her hair shifts color to bright red. She raises her head again, and she is a different person. Her features are sharper, cheekbones higher, eyes of a different shape.

The remaining ork twin runs at Shane, shouting a cry of rage and hurt. Shane watches as she approaches, and simply kicks her aside as she meets him. She falls and tries to catch herself, and cries out again when she lands on her broken hands.

The elf wizard crawls for her wand. Shane leaps and smashes her head into the ground with his boot. She stops moving, blood pooling around her. Shane crouches and holds his swords out. Light beams appear to gather into them, and he brings the swords down on the elf's wand. It shatters.

Simultaneously, the woman in the bike streaks towards Matt, Ellela and Gortick, hitting them with a barrage of fire, forcing them on the defensive. She circles around and grabs Aidan's unconscious body, scooping him onto her bike and bringing up her shield again.

An object flies from Aren's ship and into her outstretched hand. A blade materializes like quicksilver from the object, and a fiery glow of bright crimson surrounds it*

----------

Asgardried Lounge

Marin: What? How much time?

----------

Asgardried, Guy's Ship

Guy: You should expect a magic battle. They are being held at a very large base, run by Shadows, and are currently being attacked by Blade agents. Our best strategy is to stay as unnoticed as possible and engage no one and nothing in combat, even if fired on. Avoid attracting the attention of a Blade if at all possible. I'm sure you can recognize them by their uniforms.

You should probably know that warp-space travel - the kind my ship can provide - could get us there in minutes, because the base houses very strong warp attractors to facilitate speedy travel. We must arrive before the base is demolished. We cannot expect the Blades to take prisoners.

*Alarms sound inside Guy's ship*

Guy: K'Warra? What are you doing?

*Patterns of light are running across and around K'Warra's skin.*

K'Warra: Preparing.

Guy: If you could do that outside... spell performance of that kind could damage this ship's internal machinery...

K'Warra: Then you need a better ship, so it won't be a great loss, will it?

Last edited by Redwing; 01-05-2006 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:15 AM   #308
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Asgardried Lounge

Vidar: About three minutes.

---------------------------------

Asgardried Cargohold

Heimdall: We will be there soon enough.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-06-2006, 02:09 AM   #309
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Asgardried, Guy's Ship

Guy: Three minutes? I don't recall your... unique form of travel achieving this kind of speed in the past.

Old 01-06-2006, 02:35 AM   #310
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 
Asgardried: Didn't pay attention to where we were when I came out of hyperspace. Shame on you.

Heimdall: The ship used a black hole to boost its speed, otherwise it would have taken us a good twelve hours,.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-06-2006, 03:27 PM   #311
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Elella: *Ducking fire* I think it's time to go!

Gortick: NO argument from me, but...Aidan! *Gortick begins running after the woman on the bike*

Old 01-06-2006, 03:33 PM   #312
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Tanara and Elaina exchanged glances and Elaina's right hand moved to her belt where her new weapons hung. Tanara took her own lightsaber in her gloved right mechanical hand and glanced at her sister.

"Ready as we'll ever be," Elaina murmured. Tanara smiled and gave her sister a little hug.

"We're ready," she said.

My work in progress:

Old 01-07-2006, 06:39 AM   #313
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Asgardried, Guy's Ship

Guy: I see.

*He begins dialing commands*

Guy: *into comm to Asgardried/Heimdall* I'm going to use the separated body of my ship as a decoy. It should beat us to the base by about forty-eight seconds. It will be ninety percent depowered when it enters the area and will be broadcasting a mayday alert. The Blades will hopefully think it's a damaged scout ship arriving back at base with unfortunate timing. We can slip in under its shadow and hope they fire at the bigger target. The Blades should not be present in large numbers, so they will probably not keep firing at a ship that doesn't fire back and isn't running away. When we leave, please use slipstream, or better yet a short hyper jump and then slipstream. They will certainly be tracking hyperspace and warp routes.

*K'Warra is holding a makeshift knife and slicing a deep cut into his arm. Blood gushes out as a major blood vessel is opened*

Guy: *off comm* What are you doing now?

K'Warra: As I said... preparing. *He moves his arm in a wide circle, painting the ship's floor slick with blood*

Guy: Is that... wise?

K'Warra: The alternative is to cut off a limb, and let me tell you, Seer, magic is far more difficult to form after the loss of even a pinky finger than after the loss of blood. Surely you know this.

*Guy opened his mouth to ask Yes, I know this, but why exactly are you feeling the need to bathe my ship in your own blood, but thought better of it, and went back to checking his ship's systems for the battle approaching in less than two minutes.*

----------

Shadow Base

*The woman on the bike lifts off, protected behind her shield, and streaks off into the distance with Aidan, quickly beyond the reach of the landing platform*

Aren: *now standing confidently* Let her go. I can track her.

*Shane rises. His swords and eyes burn brightly. He looks taken aback by the change in Aren's appearance. There is almost a look of respect on his face*

Shane: *bowing slightly* The Lady Robyn. Perhaps I did not truly believe it. Years, it has been...

*Aren does not move. Her single blade burns as brightly as the fire around Shane's. A few more seconds pass, then in a blink of an eye Shane charges her, his swords twin blurs of flame, but Aren's blade moves even faster, parrying and striking. The two twirl in huge circles in a deadly dance, nearly too fast to see.

The second ork twin, deserted by her leader, is the only one remaining of the group's former opponents, the other ork bleeding to death, the elf wizard and the lizardman dead, the others gone. She tries to drag her sister to herself, sobbing, but can accomplish little with her broken fingers. She settles for pressing the palms of her hands against her sister's torn throat, trying to stem the tide of blood, tears running down her face.*

Old 01-08-2006, 05:39 PM   #314
Deac
Now in 4-D!

*Gortick dashes to the end of the platform*

Gortick: DAMN!

Elella: I don't suppose you can fly.

Gortick: DAMN!!!!! *The ground shakes further as his temper rises*

Elella: We'll get him back, Gortick, we can... *notices Shane and Aren.* Oh. I think we'd better let this play out..

Gortick: No time! Her ship! We can use that to get Aidan! Quickly! *he rushes over to the ship and tries to enter*

*Elella notices the two Orks and runs over.*

Elella: Here, let me help. *Attempts to use the force to heal the wounded Ork*

Old 01-08-2006, 05:53 PM   #315
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Shadow Base

*Aren's ship blocks entry with an invisible field of force, although the device Aren had thrown over [to whoever is carrying it] blinks in response to the ship*

Ork: GET AWAY FROM HER! *She tries to shove Ellela away without using her hands, somewhat ineffectually. The blood flow slows, though, and the wound on the other ork's neck closes, although Ellela can sense [presumably] that she is still near death, her spine cut through and windpipe severed*

Old 01-08-2006, 09:00 PM   #316
Kuuki
ZOMG It's Kookee!

Hot Topic Starter 10 year veteran! LF Jester Contest winner - LucasCast 
*Sir-vin observed the 'Q-and-A', but kept no mind at paying attention. He mind was elsewhere. As Asgardried approches the battle, he walked towards the cargobay ((guessing thats where everyone is leaving from)) his expression fades from distant to serious, then as the ship gets closer and closer, changes to a worry.*

Is it too soon since the war?

Kuuki is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 01-09-2006, 03:02 PM   #317
Deac
Now in 4-D!

Elella: *Shoving the Ork past* Move her and she'll die, her neck's got to be broken. Come on...*Tries to heal again*

*Meanwhile, Gortick is hammering at the door*

Gortick: The code! What was it?!

Old 01-09-2006, 09:24 PM   #318
Admiral
Ruler of Valhalla

Roleplayer 

*Idona, Idun, Ragnar and Viddall step out of the turbolift into the lounge. Idona eyed Tanara and Elaina as the other three Aesir headed towards the bridge*

Idona *to tanara and elaina: Planning on fighting already? You can put your lightsabers back on your belts. As long as they are handy it is good enough for now.

*Idona turns to Marin*

Idona: Heimdall wants you in the armory so he can give you a crash course in using your ring.

Asgardried *heard ship wide*: One minute before we arrive.

no ale 'til drunk."
Old 01-10-2006, 01:07 AM   #319
Writer
Not switching to DTV

Elaina cooperated immediately, but Tanara hesitated, her eye color flickering slightly. It was clear that Kira wanted control, but Tanara was refusing. The flickering passed and Tanara put her lightsaber back on her belt, shaking her head slowly as she did so.

My work in progress:

Old 01-10-2006, 04:47 AM   #320
Redwing
thedeadlymoose

Shadow Base

*The ork looks at her sister and looks startled as she realizes the bleeding has stopped.*

Ork: She... what did you do? What are you doing?

*Aren and Shane continue to duel, giving the impression of a whirlwind of two with burning swords*

----------

Asgardried

Marin: Now?!

*She runs to the armory*

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > RogueSquadron.net > 1. Community > RSRP > Postlude to Holocaust VI: Strangers - Part 2