lfnetwork.com mark read register faq members calendar

Thread: Wondering about Walmart's "bonus" DVD with ROTS
Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Old 10-29-2005, 03:18 PM   #1
Jaden25
Rookie

Wondering about Walmart's "bonus" DVD with ROTS

I am wondering if you guys our going to buy the bouns dvd that comes with
ROTS at wal-mart this next week?.And to I wonder if it will be like the DVD
that came with the ROTS sdtrk our something different.I may just buy the ROTS dvd by its self since it will cost a lot less and that will save me a lot of money to.Anywho can't wait untill Tuesday it will be a day loong remembered
Jaden25 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2005, 03:44 PM   #2
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
The bonus DVD comes with the movie, doesn't it? Maybe I don't understand your meaning.

Well, I'm getting it the first day it comes out anyways.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2005, 04:37 PM   #3
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Seems the bonus disc you get from wal-mart has all the web documentaries and some other stuff.

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2005, 04:39 PM   #4
Blaze629
Rookie

Well you can buy the film by itself or you can pay $5 more and get the bonus DVD DarthMoeller. At least that's the info I get from Walmart.com. I will definitely get the bonus DVD set in a widescreen format.
Blaze629 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-29-2005, 05:28 PM   #5
Jeff

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Sith
Seems the bonus disc you get from wal-mart has all the web documentaries and some other stuff.
I see. Well I'll probably get it from there then.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-30-2005, 09:26 PM   #6
eastcoast2895

get it from target or best buy, its still around 15 dollars but comes with a coin or lithograph (with reward zone card, $5 if you're not already a member) for free.

do or do not there is no try - yoda
eastcoast2895 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 10-30-2005, 09:29 PM   #7
Jeff

I was at wal-mart today and I saw the ad for the extra features DVD. I'm definitely getting it from there.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-30-2005, 09:53 PM   #8
eastcoast2895

woops meant to include buy it from target or best buy if you don't want to spend more than 15 bucks. i'm getting it from wal-mart too most likely.

Old 10-31-2005, 01:22 AM   #9
RedHawke
Shadow Lord Of The Sith™

Current Game: DDO, Stormreach
*RedHawke changes plans and will now go to Wal-Mart to get RotS as well...*

Thanks for the heads up people!

"Beware the form-fitting black armor-clad Drow hottie with twin Mineral II Greensteel Khopeshes!"
"Liella d'Orien says, '"You're the fool, Devil. -- Witness the power of this fully ARMED and OPERATIONAL Titan!"'"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
RedHawke is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-01-2005, 10:41 PM   #10
eastcoast2895

anyone who actually watched the walmart bonus disk could you please say what it is exactly. thanks.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:36 AM   #11
Kurgan
Headhunter

LFN Staff Member 10 year veteran! 
Pretty lame that they take some of the extras and put them on a seperate disc that's only available at certain stores. Best Buy did the same thing with Star Trek the Original Series. And the disc isn't free, you are paying $5 for it...

Oh well, another way to get my business from Wal-Mart this one time...

I noticed that the most expensive way to buy the ROTS DVD is from LucasArts online store... interesting.

One thing I don't get though is that stores in my area (the big retail stores, like Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc) seem to have burn marks around the center hole, as if they goof up slightly during the pressing process. All the DVD's I've bought from them in the last year (including some I returned 'cause they looked so bad) have had that. Yet in my DVD collection (stretching back to 1999) none of them have these marks.

Has DVD production taken a dip in quality lately? One store-person argued that the burn marks don't interfere with viewing (and she was right) but I wonder if they'll "last" as long as one without?

Download JK2 maps for JA Server|BOOT CAMP!|Strategic Academy|
(JA Server: 108.178.55.189:29070)

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Kurgan is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2005, 11:48 AM   #12
eastcoast2895

does anyone know a way to get the sticker off the bonus dvd case without leaving anything on it? i took it off but there is a bunch of that white sticker stuff left.

Old 11-02-2005, 12:43 PM   #13
RobQel-Droma
Blah

Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Spit on it and then scratch really hard. If that doesn't work, then wash the DVD case with soap and lick it, then rub really hard.

JUST KIDDING, just kidding....
RobQel-Droma is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2005, 02:48 PM   #14
Kurgan
Headhunter

DVD case stickers are notorious pieces of crap that I hate with a passion.

I once tried to patiently steam off the AOL label from a DVD keepcase using a vaporizer. I didn't quite succeed... all the rubbing and heat caused the plastic to warp and it looked like crap when I was done.

Here is what you do...

Go to the store. Buy a pack of empty DVD cases ("amray" or "keep case" style, you can get ones that hold 1 disc or two discs, in several styles, including the exact ones used by 20th century fox/LucasFilm). Open up the case, pull out the label (it's just a sheet of glossy paper). Open up the new case you bought, slip the paper inside, swap the disc(s) and inserts into the new case, and wa la!

(the last one is what I use for two-dvd sets, and it has room for the insert booklet!)

Apparently they also make cases that can hold 3 or even 4 discs, but you may need to order these over the 'net. I've only seen the single and double variants in stores around where I live.

Good as new. I did this with my TPM DVD that I bought used from blockuster. Their case sucked and it was covered with stickers that were impossible to remove without tearing. Popped it into a new box, and it looks as good as new.... only thing missing is the "chapter stops" insert. But I think I can probably find a scan of that on the 'net and print it out.

These plastic cases aren't that expensive, and considernig how much nicer looking and more durable they are than those stupid jewel cases, they're well worth it.

"The Concussion Rifle is the weapon of a Jedi Knight Player, an elegant weapon, from a more civilized community." - Kyle Katarn
Old 11-02-2005, 03:05 PM   #15
Kurgan
Headhunter

Anyway, I'd like to get this DVD, and it only sounds like it's worth about 5 bucks (an hour long special, sort of like the fluff "National Geographic Beyond the Movie" discs they made for the LOTR movies). And it's another way to make more money. They should have taken all those game demos and game trailers and put THEM on the bonus DVD, instead of making the movie content the bonus.

Man they're greedy... but I guess if I want to get the "whole package" I have to play along with their little ploy. :P

Anybody that gets it, btw, post a review here and let us know what we're missing.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:07 PM   #16
El Sitherino
The Original.

Hot Topic Starter LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Heh, I just used some goo gone and rubbed that crap off. Good as new, but when getting new DVD's with all kinds of crazy junk on em, do what Kurgan suggested.

“This body is not me. I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.”
El Sitherino is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2005, 04:16 PM   #17
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

I got that sticker stuck on there too. Well, I guess that's what you get with Wal-Mart.

My mom used aerosol to get it off, worked perfectly.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2005, 11:27 PM   #18
Kurgan
Headhunter

Ah, goo gone I've seen, but I never tried it. Most of those products never work as advertised, but since you suggested it, I might give it a shot next time.

What kind of aerosol did she use?

Old 11-02-2005, 11:28 PM   #19
TK-8252
Get Cloned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurgan
What kind of aerosol did she use?
Err... the kind that comes in a can... and it sprays on... yeah... that kind.

I have no idea.
TK-8252 is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-02-2005, 11:55 PM   #20
Kurgan
Headhunter

Guess I better hold off on that one until I know exactly what it is.

My first guess was spray lubricant (like for machinery), but that might ruin it.

Old 11-02-2005, 11:58 PM   #21
Blaze629
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Sith
Heh, I just used some goo gone and rubbed that crap off. Good as new, but when getting new DVD's with all kinds of crazy junk on em, do what Kurgan suggested.
You had the same idea as me. I thought about using that LOL, but didn't have any. I used household cleaner amongst other things and got it off. Took quite a bit of time though.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:04 AM   #22
eastcoast2895

thanks for the advice. asked my sister and she said to put peanut butter on it, cover it, and let it sit for the night then rub it off. and since currently i do not have goo gone off to peanut butter land, now only to figure out if i should use chunky or creamy.

Old 11-03-2005, 11:15 AM   #23
Samduhman

Someone in another forum said the bonus disk was a rip off. I took his word for it and bought the regular version.
Samduhman is offline   you may: quote & reply,
Old 11-03-2005, 02:41 PM   #24
Blaze629
Rookie

I wasn't really expecting much for only $5. It's just a recap of the OT(Luke) and Episodes I and II(Anakin)from R2 and C3PO. Nothing we don't already know but I thought it was a nice little addition for only $5.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:59 PM   #25
Kurgan
Headhunter

Can you tell us more about it? Is it a narrative? An interview?

Does George Lucas speak in it? Does he try to tie up any loose story ends?

Or is it just (like you make it sound) a plot summary of all 6 movies with clips?

Old 11-03-2005, 03:07 PM   #26
Blaze629
Rookie

It's just a narrative and a plot summary I suppose from R2 and C3PO. It recaps the first five films and does not go into Episode III. GL does not make an appearance in it and there is no footage shown that we haven't seen before.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:14 PM   #27
Kurgan
Headhunter

Oh, so it's narrated by Anthony Daniels as C3pO?

It seems like they'd have to have a lot of filler to take an hour to explain 5 films!

So it's like a "the story so far" for all the people who haven't seen anything but Episode III and want a quick run down of the backstory... I see.

Old 11-03-2005, 03:38 PM   #28
Blaze629
Rookie

Right. It's divided up into two(approximately)30 minute segments. The OT segment is about Luke and the characters and storylines of the OT. The other segment is about Anakin's life and the storylines and characters of Episodes I and II.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:38 PM   #29
eastcoast2895

so the bonus dvd isn't as good as I wish, shoulda went to another store but what's done is done. anyways, if you want to get that sticker stuff off and don't have anything special this is what I did (thanks to my sister) and it worked GREAT!!!!

1) take the dvd and insert out of the package (don't have to, but this will ensure neither gets dirty)
2) get peanut butter and cover the sticker stuff so that it is completely covered and you cannot see it at all ( i put about 4 - 5 mm of peanut butter on top )
3) wrap the dvd case in plastic wrap completely (this is to make sure bugs and stuff won't gather on it) and make sure that after putting the plastic wrap on that the peanut butter still covers the sticker stuff completely
4) leave it alone for about 24 hours ( you can probably just leave it for 12, but to make sure everything gets off in one swipe leave it for about 24 hours )
5) unwrap and wipe off the peanut butter, when you wipe off all the peanut butter there should be nothing left on the dvd case, if there is, strong scrubbing from a wet sponge should get it off
6) clean case and put everything back

my sister says it has something to do with the oil in the peanut butter. when i took off the plastic wrap the entire dvd case felt a little oilly. it worked completely though, not a single sticker leftover on the case and one wipe is all that was needed (well a couple since i put a lot of peanut butter on)

Post a new thread. Add a reply to this thread. Indicate all threads in this forum as read. Subscribe to this forum. RSS feed: this forum RSS feed: all forums
Go Back   LucasForums > Network > Star Wars > Prequel Trilogy > Wondering about Walmart's "bonus" DVD with ROTS